Sludge Fantasy BB League 2013

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Sludge Fantasy BB League 2013

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
killeverything wrote:I'm in.
Lambs to the slaughter.
Yeah

A lamb carrying a fucking bazooka.
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

League is locked. Make your pre-draft rankings. Running the draft Wednesday AM.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

It's a bit early to be posting this, but yeah...

killeverything

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:It's a bit early to be posting this, but yeah...

:lol:

That's awesome.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

killeverything wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
killeverything wrote:I'm in.
Lambs to the slaughter.
Yeah

A lamb carrying a fucking bazooka.
:lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Blumpkin King wrote:League is locked. Make your pre-draft rankings. Running the draft Wednesday AM.
Have you set the settings to "draft" yet? I think you need to do that. Still a message on the site saying the commish needs to set the league to "draft".
Blumpkin King
Headlining Clubs

Post by Blumpkin King »

WOLF wrote:
Blumpkin King wrote:League is locked. Make your pre-draft rankings. Running the draft Wednesday AM.
Have you set the settings to "draft" yet? I think you need to do that. Still a message on the site saying the commish needs to set the league to "draft".
I set it at 8 AM. Not sure why it said that, maybe it just needed to find time to draft. Teams are all there now.

Good luck everyone.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Usually I say I hate my team and fare well. Dare I say I think I have a decent squad?

Good luck all.
Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Funnelhead »

I think I fared pretty well, too. Strasburg, Lee, Darvish, Sale, & Wilson for starters. Longo, Hamilton, Jennings & Bourn. However Handley Ramirez and David Ortiztaking up some space.....
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I'm happy with my team however it seems I fucking land Jeter every year. At this point in his career he'll spend more time on the DL than Jacoby Ellsbury.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

I got Trout and Harper. I almost jizzed in my shorts when I saw that. Should be a fun season, like everybody else so far I'm happy with my team, which makes me wonder...
WhiteHouseSubsAC

I think with 12 teams everyone has at least a decent team. Should be very fun season.

BTW, I need a SS and have an excess of 1b and a good 2nd catcher that I can move. Anyone interested please let me know.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I think with 12 teams everyone has at least a decent team. Should be very fun season.

BTW, I need a SS and have an excess of 1b and a good 2nd catcher that I can move. Anyone interested please let me know.
We might be able to deal. I have several guys who can play multiple positions, so I have like 4 SS's. Zobrist, Prado, Lowrie, and one more who's escapes me at the moment.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:I got Trout and Harper. I almost jizzed in my shorts when I saw that. Should be a fun season, like everybody else so far I'm happy with my team, which makes me wonder...
Holy shit that's like the Metalsludge Murderers Row.
McGuirk
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by McGuirk »

I'm fairly happy with my team, I'm just worried about injuries piling up with Beltran, Carlos Santana, CarGo and others. Gotta look for some more pitching, too.

Good luck, everyone.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

My team's solid - as most teams in a 12 team league should be.
Decent power which will be great power if Upton keeps it up.

However, unlike fantasy football I tend to find that the times I have good seasons in baseball are down to lucky/smart midseason pick-ups and 20 round draft picks having a steroid year.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I'm happy with my team although I learnt a valueable lesson this year. Quit banking so high on prospects. I didn't jump on Fernandez immeadiately when he became availible, instead I chose to bank on scouting reports/solid ST/coaching reports from coaches that's prospect success rate ( Seattle ) is pretty dismal. Doh.

If the other projections I used become true, then I'll be pretty happy, although some of the teams in the league scare the shit out of me. Crud and Crimson Hay are frightening.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

I brought crimson into the league from outside of sludge. He gets pretty into it and was gutted to have a shitty team last year...
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Funnelhead

Post by Funnelhead »

killeverything wrote:I'm happy with my team although I learnt a valueable lesson this year. Quit banking so high on prospects. I didn't jump on Fernandez immeadiately when he became availible, instead I chose to bank on scouting reports/solid ST/coaching reports from coaches that's prospect success rate ( Seattle ) is pretty dismal. Doh.

If the other projections I used become true, then I'll be pretty happy, although some of the teams in the league scare the shit out of me. Crud and Crimson Hay are frightening.
So far, I can't agree with ya but it's early. Pkos kicked my ass in week one!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Funnelhead wrote:
killeverything wrote:I'm happy with my team although I learnt a valueable lesson this year. Quit banking so high on prospects. I didn't jump on Fernandez immeadiately when he became availible, instead I chose to bank on scouting reports/solid ST/coaching reports from coaches that's prospect success rate ( Seattle ) is pretty dismal. Doh.

So far, I can't agree with ya but it's early. Pkos kicked my ass in week one!
I've got that SOB in week 4 :lol: That's also when Crud and Crimson battle, that's gonna be a helluva week.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Pa-at come out to play-i-ay.....
Pa-at come out to play-i-ay......
WhiteHouseSubsAC

killeverything wrote:Image

Oh, I'm playing. After Wolf yanking the rug out from under me I'm ready to dish out a whooping.

Seriously, does his pitching EVER falter? I don't think I've ever beaten him in the pitching categories.
Funnelhead

Post by Funnelhead »

killeverything wrote:I'm happy with my team however it seems I fucking land Jeter every year. At this point in his career he'll spend more time on the DL than Jacoby Ellsbury.
The depth to your insight is thus far immeasurable
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
killeverything wrote:Image

Oh, I'm playing. After Wolf yanking the rug out from under me I'm ready to dish out a whooping.

Seriously, does his pitching EVER falter? I don't think I've ever beaten him in the pitching categories.
Rule 1 of Fantasy Baseball. If you win six categories per week, in a 5x5 (or in our case 5x6) league, you will win the championship. I usually get my hands on 7 good starters, and 4 relievers, and can compete, or win, most weeks. This year I got a little fucked with Axford losing the closer job in Milwaukee, but Jason Grilli was a nice pickup, as were Masterton and Wandy Rodriguez. I lucked into Matt Harvey with the auto-draft. My starters are pulling their weight so far, and I have just enough offence to win a couple of those categories per week too.

Canuckle Balls looking good!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

So lemme get this straight.

I have a really good week, playing .500+ ball and now I have to face Crimson Haybailers? fuck.

It's been a long hard road to get to the middle.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

My team's settling in okay. A few early injuries, but only one bad week. My basic hope is always to get a full week of points above .500 and then just grind it out, so things are on track. There's two or three teams that definitely look stronger than mine though, especially with Upton cooling off, so we'll see how that goes.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Also, Crimson will be pleased to know his team is so feared. :lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Fuck. I went 3-6 against Crimson last week, I woulda went 5-6 but I mistakenly left Buchholz on the bench during his 9K start. At least I'm at +.500 ball now but I've got the 1st place team on the schedule today.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Always good when the first scoring performances of a matchup are my two guys in double headers going a combined 2/17 while his one starter pitches a 9k complete game shutout. :x
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Holy shit. The Canuckle Balls are beating my ass this week.

Fuck everybody.

:x