***OFFICIAL*** 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: ***OFFICIAL*** 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP thread

Post by pieceofme »

MickeyG wrote:Ho, ho, ho where's the sexx now to run his mouth? Messi was shite. That's all 3, Ronaldo, Kaka and Messi, all disappointing. Impressed with Germany yet again. They attack and defend as a team. Every time they move forward it's with numbers. I really like Mueller and Ozil as players. They have a really young squad, only 2 players over 30.

That was worse than the England mauling.

Well, a complete turnaround in this world cup. Early on, the South Americans were impressive, with the Europeans looking much weaker. Even early on though, the best Euro teams are the ones still in it. I think Spain will continue the Euro dominance of the Quarters.
I'm hoping Paraguay but I think you're right and Spain will take it.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

pieceofme wrote:
MickeyG wrote:Ho, ho, ho where's the sexx now to run his mouth? Messi was shite. That's all 3, Ronaldo, Kaka and Messi, all disappointing. Impressed with Germany yet again. They attack and defend as a team. Every time they move forward it's with numbers. I really like Mueller and Ozil as players. They have a really young squad, only 2 players over 30.

That was worse than the England mauling.

Well, a complete turnaround in this world cup. Early on, the South Americans were impressive, with the Europeans looking much weaker. Even early on though, the best Euro teams are the ones still in it. I think Spain will continue the Euro dominance of the Quarters.
I'm hoping Paraguay but I think you're right and Spain will take it.
Germany was very good, Spain vs. them will be interesting. Paraguay winning would be surprising, but then again there have been surprises. Before (and during) the tournament it's all been about Argentina and Brazil, when Holland and Germany have been good, under the radar, when much wasn't expected from them this time.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

This WC is sucking balls for me. All the teams I like are out now. I knew Portugal would fuck up eventually like they always do, but I had high hopes for Argentina. 4-0? No fucking way I could predict that.

The German pragmatism and organization never ceases to amaze me...
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

Shit, this was the last chance for Pelusa to be part of a winning world cup, I'm sad for him.

On the other hand, Heil Deutschland!
Out Of The Cellar
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Out Of The Cellar »

What a shitty half that was for Spain.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Three penalties in a row! :lol:
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Hellsinkey wrote:Three penalties in a row! :lol:
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got shit to do and can't leave with this kind of action, holy fuck. Stranger then fiction was a perfect comment.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl!

Jesus.

Shit that was beautiful. Is it safe to take off?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Netherlands vs Uruguay
Germany vs Spain

Predicting a Netherlands vs Germany final. Which would be tasty. Great rivalry between those two.

Who would have thought Uruguay would be the only South American team left. Great stuff. :D

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Out Of The Cellar
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Out Of The Cellar »

Fuckin' Villa saves the day again! Torres needs to step up! Props to Iker for the great job.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Yeah, there's no drama in football is there!?

It looked like Cesc should have had a pen too when he was felled by the keeper following the rebound, but also Paraguay had what looked a good goal ruled out in the first half.

Spain just haven't kicked on in this tournament yet, and unless Germany have a Serbia type shocker I think they might go through to the final. Del Bosque needs to drop Torres. They improved against Portugal when he went off, and they improved again today when he went off.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

MickeyG wrote:Yeah, there's no drama in football is there!?

It looked like Cesc should have had a pen too when he was felled by the keeper following the rebound, but also Paraguay had what looked a good goal ruled out in the first half.

Spain just haven't kicked on in this tournament yet, and unless Germany have a Serbia type shocker I think they might go through to the final. Del Bosque needs to drop Torres. They improved against Portugal when he went off, and they improved again today when he went off.
Is Torres actually Samson??

Supersonic
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Supersonic »

Re Ghana penalty.

Feel sorry for them but I agree with MickeyG. Also, under no circumstances should a goal be awarded unless the ball has legitimately crossed the goal line. If you allow a goal for handball on the goal line then you have to do much the same for a forward through on goal who gets chopped down by the goalie (when a goal is practically inevitable). It goes on and on, and before long you're giving a goal for a throw in. Jeez, I'm sounding like those people who don't want video technology.

Edited to add - IMO: the game lives by these moments, good or bad. They are all talking points and all our teams get the good and bad luck. I wouldn't want to change that, apart from when a ball actually crosses the goal line (and needs a replay to confirm).

Edited again to add - I may be completely wrong but didn't that whole Ghana move start from a freekick, which one of their players dived to get?

Hope it's a Germany vs Holland final now. 8)
SLASH1976
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by SLASH1976 »

MickeyG wrote:Yeah, there's no drama in football is there!?

Spain has difficulty playing against smaller countries, they useally play good against bigger countries, they played good against Portugal. Holland often has the same problem.
I would change Torres for that Llorente kid, he did good against Portugal. Maybe let him start and substitue him later in the game by Torres.
SAVE THE EARTH IT'S THE ONLY PLANET WITH BEER

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him into your
(")_(") sig to help him gain world domination

demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

MickeyG wrote: That's all 4, Ronaldo, Kaka, Rooney and Messi, all disappointing.
FYP.
Not a great tournament for the most hyped players heading in.

Villa's come to the party for Spain though.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

demolition23 wrote:
MickeyG wrote: That's all 4, Ronaldo, Kaka, Rooney and Messi, all disappointing.
FYP.
Not a great tournament for the most hyped players heading in.

Villa's come to the party for Spain though.
You're right, Rooney was shit as well, but I personally don't put him up there as good as the other 3. He's certainly as important to United as the others are to their clubs, I guess, but I just think the others are a step above him. They were also playing for better teams in this tourny and so had a better platform to perform.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Messi on the whole actually played pretty well. He just didn't score.

Of course when you're rated as the best player in the world anything other than being world class in every game means you're going to be disappointing to the majority of fans.

Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

Some people shine internationally that don 't professionally, Miroslav Klose comes to mind, and many times pro stars go silent for their national teams.

Rooney got no service and had his normal amount of giveaways/poor passes . . . it's just he didn't get many open opportunities. Messi played his ass off and created several goals for his teammates. Ronaldo doesn't play on a particularly awesome team like he did in Manchester or Madrid and it showed. Kaka had his moments but he disappeared way more often than he normally does.

I just hope Germany or Spain win it all because that means that the only squad that went undefeated in South Africa was New Zealand. How awesome would that be?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

I guess I'm remembering Maradona who wasn't on really great Argentina teams pull them through by the scruff of their neck and win them the cup basically on his own. And the players that are considered the worlds best down the years, all attacking type players, all scored goals on the way to victory. Gullit, Fat Ronaldo, Zidane come to mind. They all had better players around them than Messi did too, though. The way it all ended for him just makes it disappointing after the way they played the rest of the tourny.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Just read that story about Ronaldo being a dad. Interesting that his family will raise the boy. I bet the mother wanted rid and Ronny offered her a ton of coin to have it and let him raise it. Most footballers would just pay for the abortion.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote:Just read that story about Ronaldo being a dad. Interesting that his family will raise the boy. I bet the mother wanted rid and Ronny offered her a ton of coin to have it and let him raise it. Most footballers would just pay for the abortion.
I thought it was a Ricky Martin kinda thing. :lol:
SLASH1976
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by SLASH1976 »

Check out Ronaldinho with his gut :lol:

SAVE THE EARTH IT'S THE ONLY PLANET WITH BEER

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him into your
(")_(") sig to help him gain world domination

mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Holy shit what a great goal!
ElectricEye90
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ElectricEye90 »

Holy Shit what a great goal!
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Yeah I should have capitalized shit.
ElectricEye90

Post by ElectricEye90 »

This means nothing since we're still gonna lose, somehow :oops:
ElectricEye90

Post by ElectricEye90 »

...anddd there it is :lol:
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

Fuck, this pains me more than the Argentina - Germany

Uruguay did have a good chance to tie and win, but you never know in football.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Bidokan wrote:
Chance to tie right at the end? Sure.

Chance to win? Not so much. They fought hard, but they were outplayed.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Bidokan
Playing in a Garage

Post by Bidokan »

demolition23 wrote:
Bidokan wrote:
Chance to tie right at the end? Sure.

Chance to win? Not so much. They fought hard, but they were outplayed.
Not at the end,

They had the chance to hold the tie in second half, and were cornering Holland for good 25 mins, and had clear scoring chances, until that dumb second goal hit them and then came the 3rd, after that it was over.

Outplayed? what game were you watching? It was a constant back and forth between them.