NFL 2011 Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Re: NFL 2011 Thread

Post by MickeyG »

I thought faked injuries only happened in sahcer?
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

MickeyG wrote:I thought faked injuries only happened in sahcer?
You've obviously never watched a Utah Jazz circa mid to late 90's game huh?
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

A season wouldn't be right without Bengals players getting in trouble.

Calif. marijuana tracked to NFL player's home
September 21, 2011 | Michael Montgomery and Andrew Becker

An operation by state narcotics agents that tracked a shipment of high-grade marijuana from Northern California led police to a suburban Kentucky house and two National Football League players, law enforcement authorities said.

Cincinnati Bengals teammates Jerome Simpson and Anthony Collins, both 25, were at Simpson’s home in Crestview Hills, Ky., yesterday when a package allegedly containing 2.5 pounds of marijuana arrived at the house in what authorities called a controlled delivery.

A third person, Aleen Smith, allegedly signed for the package, which was sent from Eureka, Calif., and intercepted in Sacramento, authorities said. All three were questioned at the residence, but no arrests were made at the time.

Inside the home, police allegedly found six more pounds of marijuana, other empty parcels, scales and packaging material.

“The house was set up as a potential distribution network,” said Tommy LaNier, head of the National Marijuana Initiative, a group that is funded by the Office of National Drug Control Policy and helps coordinate marijuana enforcement operations around the United States.

“They had it all set up to receive supplies of high-grade marijuana from Northern California, and from there, it was being distributed from that residence,” he said.

All the packages were sent from a pot-producing area of Northern California known as the "Emerald Triangle," LaNier said.

In recent years, drug agents have stepped up efforts to intercept California-grown pot being shipped out of state by drug-trafficking organizations seeking higher profits.

Michelle Gregory, spokeswoman for the California Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement, said the operation was initiated by a special marijuana task force after agents discovered a suspicious package at a commercial sorting facility in Sacramento.

The agents then alerted law enforcement in Kentucky, who intercepted the package and monitored its delivery. Barb Schempf, spokeswoman for the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, confirmed that airport police participated in the controlled delivery but declined further comment, citing the ongoing investigation.

Gregory confirmed that Simpson and Collins were detained and interviewed at the residence after the package was delivered. She said federal prosecutors from California were investigating in addition to state and local law enforcement in Kentucky.

Kenton County, Ky., prosecutor Rob Sanders, speaking through an office employee, declined to comment.

Simpson, a wide receiver, and Collins, an offensive lineman, are both in their fourth season. Simpson is averaging 22.5 yards per catch through the first two games of the season. The Bengals host the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said he had heard rumors of the bust but had no further comment.

“There’s nothing of substance in the development of rumors that we’re aware of,” he said. “There’s nothing to hang a hat on at this point.”

Calls to Simpson’s agent and the NFL commissioner’s office were not immediately returned.

In response to questions posted on his Twitter account last night that he’d been arrested, Simpson replied "Just rumors".
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Bengals players, big surprise.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Skins corner DeAngelo Hall is talking about
going after Romo's ribs this weekend and wants to
corner blitz a few times this weekend vs Romo.

Bring it Hall!
Give it your best shot.

A player like yourself that talks smack is not confident
in his game.
Next thing I know you're going to fake an injury after
someone with a star on their helmet cracks you in the ribs.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Redman77 wrote:Bengals players, big surprise.

The whole AFC North is a criminal element. Bengals, Steelers, Ravens.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY26rgd4aps

Look at Bradford's reaction:
You can plainly see he wanted to really inflict an injury
on #34.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Unfortunately this whole fake injuries bullshit has been going on for many, many years. Opponents regularly did it against the Colts. The most notable team who would partake in this cowardly act were the Texans. They couldn't slow down Peyton's no-huddle attack, so they had to fake injuries instead. The Colts sent countless letters to the league regarding the issue, to no avail. Only now is the league taking action, after the issue was blatantly exposed on national television. The issue has been rampant for years, and the NFL knew damn well about it. Now they have no choice but to do something about it.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

poizond13 wrote:Unfortunately this whole fake injuries bullshit has been going on for many, many years. Opponents regularly did it against the Colts. The most notable team who would partake in this cowardly act were the Texans. They couldn't slow down Peyton's no-huddle attack, so they had to fake injuries instead. The Colts sent countless letters to the league regarding the issue, to no avail. Only now is the league taking action, after the issue was blatantly exposed on national television. The issue has been rampant for years, and the NFL knew damn well about it. Now they have no choice but to do something about it.
Peyton Manning is faking a career-ending neck injury because he just wants to get paid without having to face the Texans. Pussy.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

The head guy at Fox Sports came on the local Chicago sports station and basically admitted they made up stuff during the Bears/Falcons broadcast about Cutler because people don't like him.

That's some unethical shit.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
bane

Post by bane »

johnk5150 wrote:The head guy at Fox Sports came on the local Chicago sports station and basically admitted they made up stuff during the Bears/Falcons broadcast about Cutler because people don't like him.

That's some unethical shit.
It is unethical. Sounds like they borrowed a page from their regular news department.
bane

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Unfortunately this whole fake injuries bullshit has been going on for many, many years. Opponents regularly did it against the Colts. The most notable team who would partake in this cowardly act were the Texans. They couldn't slow down Peyton's no-huddle attack, so they had to fake injuries instead. The Colts sent countless letters to the league regarding the issue, to no avail. Only now is the league taking action, after the issue was blatantly exposed on national television. The issue has been rampant for years, and the NFL knew damn well about it. Now they have no choice but to do something about it.
Peyton Manning is faking a career-ending neck injury because he just wants to get paid without having to face the Texans. Pussy.
:lol: The only flopping I saw in week one was Kerry Collins.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Pittsburgh is favored by 10.5 vs Indy on Sunday night. I think it's going to be more than 2 TDs.

I'm up for 4 games this weekend:
NE @ Buff
GB @ Chi
Pitt @ Indy
Wash @ Dal

I saw an interesting stat on how GB has given up 800 yds passing so far. I don't think Cutler will take advantage of that, but I think it puts Cam Newton's two games into perspective - AZ and a bad (so far) GB.
bane

Post by bane »

^ All those games look interesting EXCEPT that Pitt v Indy game. Unless you just enjoy watching Indy get their asses kicked, I don't see anything compelling about that game.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Pittsburgh is favored by 10.5 vs Indy on Sunday night. I think it's going to be more than 2 TDs.

I'm up for 4 games this weekend:
NE @ Buff
GB @ Chi
Pitt @ Indy
Wash @ Dal

Can you recommend an online betting site that you might have first hand experience with? My contact with the football cards is a big flake again this season and I've given up trying to track down cards
every single week.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Pittsburgh is favored by 10.5 vs Indy on Sunday night. I think it's going to be more than 2 TDs.

Pittsburgh's defense is too old. If they underestimate the Colts who will be playing with something to prove, the Steelers are fucked. If they play like they are playing Manning, then they will win by two TDs or more. It doesn't matter anyway, watching this game will be like watching the Special Olympics.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
bane

Post by bane »

AliceManson wrote:

Pittsburgh's defense is too old. If they underestimate the Colts who will be playing with something to prove, the Steelers are fucked. If they play like they are playing Manning, then they will win by two TDs or more. It doesn't matter anyway, watching this game will be like watching the Special Olympics.
Pitts D isn't too old to stop that offense, and the Colts have zero answer to any team that can run the ball. No way in hell Pittsburgh loses that game. The Colts just don't have the horses.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

bane wrote:^ All those games look interesting EXCEPT that Pitt v Indy game. Unless you just enjoy watching Indy get their asses kicked, I don't see anything compelling about that game.
I haven't seen Indy at all this year. i want to see what they look like without Manning.

And yes, I want to watch them get their asses kicked. Fuck Bill Polian. A good old fashioned 49-3 beating would but a smile on my face. I don't think it will be that bad, but there are 2 or 3 teams on the schedule this year that will show Indy no mercy and we'll see a couple of blowouts. This week will be more like 35-10.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

SkyDog112046 wrote:And yes, I want to watch them get their asses kicked. Fuck Bill Polian. A good old fashioned 49-3 beating would but a smile on my face.
Boston fans are pathetic. :lol:
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Attention Lions opponents: Fairley Is practicing, you've been warned.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Redman77 wrote:Attention Lions opponents: Fairley Is practicing, you've been warned.
That line is going to be scary. It's already very good as it is, and with a little depth so they can rotate guys in to keep them fresh they should be able to bring it on every play. it's going to be fun to watch.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:And yes, I want to watch them get their asses kicked. Fuck Bill Polian. A good old fashioned 49-3 beating would put a smile on my face.
Aren't you curious to see what they look like without Manning? I wouldn't watch them every week, but a couple of quarters once or twice this year is sort of like rubbernecking at a car wreck.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

bane wrote:^ All those games look interesting EXCEPT that Pitt v Indy game. Unless you just enjoy watching Indy get their asses kicked, I don't see anything compelling about that game.
I am still puzzled as to why the Colts haven't went to their 3rd string QB, Greg 'P13 and 0' Michaels.. Any kid with an undefeated beer pong record has GOT to have a rocket for an arm..

What is he holding out for more money or just doesn't care about his team anymore?
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Tenacious_Dio wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:And yes, I want to watch them get their asses kicked. Fuck Bill Polian. A good old fashioned 49-3 beating would put a smile on my face.
Aren't you curious to see what they look like without Manning? I wouldn't watch them every week, but a couple of quarters once or twice this year is sort of like rubbernecking at a car wreck.
Nah, I've seen enough highlights to get the gist. And I wasn't directing the Boston thing completely at you. My in-laws are from Maine, and I swear they get more joy from seeing the Yankees lose than watching the Red Sox win. :lol:
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:Nah, I've seen enough highlights to get the gist. And I wasn't directing the Boston thing completely at you. My in-laws are from Maine, and I swear they get more joy from seeing the Yankees lose than watching the Red Sox win. :lol:
I'd rather see the Patriots win than the Colts lose. But it is fun to watch Manning throw a pick-6 to end a season. "Peyton Manning Face" is a sight to behold.

As for the Sox-Yankees thing, Yeah, a true New Englander gets more pleasure from a Yankees loss than anything else. If you gave me a choice of a combination of {cure every major disease plus permanent world peace plus hitting a $1B lottery} versus a NYY 100 loss season, I'm going with the latter.
:lol:
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

So much for that vaunted Philly secondary.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I really wish fox weren't showing previews fot The Thing during football. My six year old may be a little too young for that.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Vikings are killing the Lions, 20-0.

I'm going to still believe they can hold this lead. Call me a homer or a fool, I don't care.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Homer.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

No, I'm a fool.