Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by MurrayFiend »

They had pretty similar seasons in 2011, but... yeah, Big Z's erratic, unpredictable, and somewhat insane. Not sure how I'd feel about this were I a Marlins fan.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

MurrayFiend wrote:They had pretty similar seasons in 2011, but... yeah, Big Z's erratic, unpredictable, and somewhat insane. Not sure how I'd feel about this were I a Marlins fan.
That's pretty much it right there. :lol: Z and Ozzie are good friends, so I'm HOPING Ozzie can reign him in. Then again, Oz is a lunatic too...

At any rate, this season is gonna be pretty entertaining, at least. Wow.
Fuck sigs.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

BTW, you need a pic of Mr. Arms in the new uni, no?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

MurrayFiend wrote:BTW, you need a pic of Mr. Arms in the new uni, no?
In due time. This one's kinda dreamy. <3 And I can't quite let go of the old just yet. :|

:lol: "Mr. Arms"
Fuck sigs.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Dear Red Sox,

You can have Starlin Castro as compensation for Theo.

Sincerely,

The Cubs
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

The Padres trade Rizzo to the Cubs for...somebody.

Jesus, how are the Padres gonna sell any jerseys this year? I guess the team store will be stocked with Gwynn and Hoffman.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Report:
Jorge Posada to retire.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Howie Kendrick extends his deal with the Angels, 4 years $33.5 million. I like this. Kendrick has never lived up to the expectations his minor league numbers created but he's come close the last two years. Batting in front of Pujols will certainly help him.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:Howie Kendrick extends his deal with the Angels, 4 years $33.5 million. I like this. Kendrick has never lived up to the expectations his minor league numbers created but he's come close the last two years. Batting in front of Pujols will certainly help him.
I could bat in front of Pujols and benefit. :lol:
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Good point.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Facedown wrote:Report:
Jorge Posada to retire.

That is the big rumor at the moment. Not sure how the process works.
WFAN reporter claims to have knowledge of the situation, but to date Posada has not made any comment.

He has to go. Time for him to let someone else play.
Posada should have his number retired, just like Jeter and Mo Rivera will when those 2 finally retire or are pushed out.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Larkin voted in HOF today.

The only players other than Larkin to get more than 50 percent of the vote were Jack Morris (66.7%), Jeff Bagwell (56.0%) and Lee Smith (50.6%). Tim Raines finished just short of 50 percent, getting 48.7 percent. Election requires 75 percent.

Fucked up world when Lee Smith is not already in the HOF.
Someone give me a good reason why he has not been elected yet?
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Machado wrote:Larkin voted in HOF today.

The only players other than Larkin to get more than 50 percent of the vote were Jack Morris (66.7%), Jeff Bagwell (56.0%) and Lee Smith (50.6%). Tim Raines finished just short of 50 percent, getting 48.7 percent. Election requires 75 percent.

Fucked up world when Lee Smith is not already in the HOF.
Someone give me a good reason why he has not been elected yet?
I'll spare you all my annual Tim Raines spiel. I'll just say that if Rickey Henderson is in, and Lou Brock is in, then Tim Raines should be in. Raines' numbers are superior to Brock's, and if Henderson never existed, Timmy would be known as the greatest lead-off man ever. Not to mention he was way more of a team guy than Rickey ever was, and didn't do shit just to pad his stats.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Machado wrote:
Facedown wrote:Report:
Jorge Posada to retire.

That is the big rumor at the moment. Not sure how the process works.
WFAN reporter claims to have knowledge of the situation, but to date Posada has not made any comment.

He has to go. Time for him to let someone else play.
Posada should have his number retired, just like Jeter and Mo Rivera will when those 2 finally retire or are pushed out.
MLB Network just confirmed it.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Machado wrote:Larkin voted in HOF today.[/color]
Congrats to Larkin for making it in. He truly deserves it. I had the pleasure of seeing him play out in Cincinatti back in '96 (against a skinny Bonds & the Giants). What a special player. At one point he was the best SS in the league.
Hell'sHungryChild
Headlining Clubs

Post by Hell'sHungryChild »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
Machado wrote:Larkin voted in HOF today.[/color]
Congrats to Larkin for making it in. He truly deserves it. I had the pleasure of seeing him play out in Cincinatti back in '96 (against a skinny Bonds & the Giants). What a special player. At one point he was the best SS in the league.
Larkin!? Really? Man, they're really reaching there...
NOT HOF material. More of Keith Hernendez type status...and Keith was WAY better at his position,11 Gold Gloves...7 time .300 hitter...

...and how the hell is Jeff Bagwell NOT a first time HOf'er?!
All Heil hell
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

A lot of folks are saying 'steroid speculation' did Bagwell in.
Hell'sHungryChild
Headlining Clubs

MurrayFiend wrote:A lot of folks are saying 'steroid speculation' did Bagwell in.
I mean, it was thrown around a bit but didn't get the attention as say Bonds. Cmon, ya know, Bagwell was awesome.

A- Rod's been suspected and even was a deal and everyone forgot. Will be first time HOF er of course.
All Heil hell
Hell'sHungryChild
Headlining Clubs

...shit..he tested positive in 2003 or 2004....
All Heil hell
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

MurrayFiend wrote:A lot of folks are saying 'steroid speculation' did Bagwell in.
Bags never came up dirty. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, but his name didn't come up in the Mitchel report. Keeping him out because he was a power hitter in the steroid era is bullshit. The guy was a bad ass baseball player, and by all reports a very solid citizen throughout his career.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Hey, I'm not saying it's right... I agree with you.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

MurrayFiend wrote:Hey, I'm not saying it's right... I agree with you.
Not directed at you man. I'm just venting. I'm a huge Jeff Bagwell fan. This HoF thing pisses me off.
Hell'sHungryChild
Headlining Clubs

bane wrote:
Not directed at you man. I'm just venting. I'm a huge Jeff Bagwell fan. This HoF thing pisses me off.
It's all bullshit. Becoming no different than the rock n roll HOF. I had to fuckn go and look into a few sites to confirm about Larkin. I could seriously not believe it.

I was realistic and had already made peace with Donnie Baseball having no chance of making it...but you can NOT tell me Mattingly was not better defensively AND at bat, (although not great in his last years). AND a class act.

I respect Larkin as a good player defensively,in an underdog kind of way but HOF!!?
Getdafuuuugouttahere.

Who's next, Steve Balboni?
All Heil hell
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Looks like the Cubs and the Tigers are in serious talks to finalize a trade that would send Matt Garza to Detroit.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
bane wrote:
It's all bullshit. Becoming no different than the rock n roll HOF. I had to fuckn go and look into a few sites to confirm about Larkin. I could seriously not believe it.

I was realistic and had already made peace with Donnie Baseball having no chance of making it...but you can NOT tell me Mattingly was not better defensively AND at bat, (although not great in his last years). AND a class act.

I respect Larkin as a good player defensively,in an underdog kind of way but HOF!!?
Getdafuuuugouttahere.

Who's next, Steve Balboni?
In this day and age, getting elected into the HOF is all about
stats and perception.
That might not be fair, but that is reality.

Larkin sure did have the stats, a World Series ring, an MVP and was on the same team his entire career.

I'm not saying Bagwell is not worthy, I'm only communicating that because Bags played in that era, was a power hitter, etc....He is guilty by association.

Unfair to compare the Bonds situation with Bagwell.
Not even close.
Bonds was on a level that Bags would never be at.
Hell'sHungryChild
Headlining Clubs

On a completely different note,since he was mentioned, fuck Bonds was awesome. Steroids or not. I know it's a topic beat to death, but he in Mcgwire were talented sumbithches.

I guarantee you if I took steroids and got as big as them I wouldn't hit 700+ Homeruns. Eye/hand coordination and speed...amazing anyway you look at it. Buuut..that's a whole beat to hell topic..
All Heil hell
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

From one of my favorite blogs (drunkjaysfans.com):

Nobody wants to read my thoughts on the Hall of Fame. Nobody wants to read that far too many voters are morons, dinosaurs, hockey bloggers, or self-important twats crying out for help by wielding whatever little power the sporting world has left them to shrivel and die with (though many are very much not!). Nobody wants to be told that what we actually know about steroids, and especially their impact on statistics, especially given how widespread their use in baseball was, is nothing close to what assfaces think we can just safely assume. Nobody wants to think about why we've placed those, and not other training methods on the wrong side of our collective line of morality. Nobody wants to hear what a fucking disgrace it is that writers who essentially cheered on the steroid era-- who looked down on Steve Wilstein like he was strangling the golden goose-- act now like the world's moral compass, when they know goddamn well that PEDs were used under a far more complicated system of tacit acceptance than implied in the intellectually dishonest horseshit they shovel to a readership they clearly do not respect. Nobody wants to accept that we just can't possibly ever know who did what, how much was being done, how much it impacted individuals, or how level the playing field was, given that such a large number of both hitters and pitchers used. Nobody wants to admit that this was simply part of the game, understood by fans, by owners, by players, and by reporters, and not raged against until a token attempt to make the game "clean" could put the issue in a neat little box laughably marked "Even Though They've Been Around Far Longer, People Only Took Steroids in Baseball From 1994 to 2003, and They Were All Filthy, Cheating Swine and Now Everything Is OK (And Don't You Even Think About Mentioning Greenies)."

Nobody wants me to point out that, for fucking goddamn sakes, a fuck-tonne of the people voting can't even process the far simpler concept that, while guys like Jim Rice and Jack Morris were indeed some of the most famed and feared players of their eras, they were famed and feared to a level made excessive by gross misinterpretations of their abilities and their stats-- and that we needn't compound those initial errors by digging in our heels like a bunch of I'm-not-man-enough-to-ever-let-my-ego-down-and-admit-fault chickenshits.

Nobody wants me to point out that the Hall of Fame ballot you fill out isn't your chance to save face, and pursue grudges, and act like you're some kind of fucking scientist, and redefine the notion of "evidence," and pretend that ignored internal memos are written in stone, and rail against anything illegal whenever that's a convenient position, and scoff at seamheads' proof no one pitches to the score, and act that the Hall of Fame should be a clean, whitewashed place, and pretend you're not on your fat fucking ass every Sunday watching the NFL and not giving a shit what they put in their bodies, and to screech from the bully pulpit and revise the perhaps-ugly bit of history you fully fucking participated in without ever pushing back. Dickholes.

Congratulations to Barry Larkin.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

bane wrote:
It blows my mind Bagwell isnt in. I mean really, what did he secretly kick puppies in the clubhouse or something? What the fuck?
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Hey, kill, how much of a waste do you think the Mets' 2012 season is? Any way they could save it?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

MurrayFiend wrote:Hey, kill, how much of a waste do you think the Mets' 2012 season is? Any way they could save it?
Probably the same as Oakland's or Seattle's, except to my knowledge ( the Minyana years ), they dont have the prospects ready to contribute that Beane or Jack Z has. I'll have to look into it more.

With who they lost to free-agency, they've netted some #1 picks coming up.