The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by WOLF »

alecjonsludge wrote:Full credit and congrats to the Habs.Camalleri,Halak,Gill and Gorges all played outstanding.Gonchar,who was good as gone as a UFA this summer anyways,most certainly is gone now after his soft play last night.
That's good of you man - I know it can't be an easy loss to stomach as a big fan. I have to say I'm shocked. To beat teams like the Pens and Caps it takes every guy on the roster playing his role to 100% of their ability every game - and they're doing it. I can't believe how everyone from Halak, to the scorers, to the whole D unit, to the role players like Lapierre, Moore, and Pyatt have stepped up.

I'm actually scared of the Habs being perceived as somewhat of a favorite in the conference final. The element of surprise is gone.

It's weird saying this, because in most years I'd love to see a good Bruins choke job, but GO B's GO (sorry JSR). A Habs/Bruins semifinal, with another original six team still alive in the West, is too good to pass up.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

The Habs have to be the favorite to win the cup. I haven't seen the odds, but that's where I would be putting my money. If the B's go down, I would love to see the Habs/Hawks. If the B's win tonight, I think Habs take them in 6. Next year is the B's.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

chungasrevenge wrote:The Habs have to be the favorite to win the cup. I haven't seen the odds, but that's where I would be putting my money. If the B's go down, I would love to see the Habs/Hawks. If the B's win tonight, I think Habs take them in 6. Next year is the B's.
I like how the Habs match up with the B's; I don't like the way they match up with the Flyers. The Habs have a hard time with the Prongers', Hartnells', and Richards' of this world. Let's go Brew-ins!

Same thing in the West. I think the Habs can find a way to compete with San Jose; I don't like the prospect of Byfuglien's ass in Halak's face while Toews and Kane fire BBs at the net.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

WOLF wrote:
chungasrevenge wrote:The Habs have to be the favorite to win the cup. I haven't seen the odds, but that's where I would be putting my money. If the B's go down, I would love to see the Habs/Hawks. If the B's win tonight, I think Habs take them in 6. Next year is the B's.
I like how the Habs match up with the B's; I don't like the way they match up with the Flyers. The Habs have a hard time with the Prongers', Hartnells', and Richards' of this world. Let's go Brew-ins!

Same thing in the West. I think the Habs can find a way to compete with San Jose; I don't like the prospect of Byfuglien's ass in Halak's face while Toews and Kane fire BBs at the net.
:lol: :lol:
Please let a Flyers/Habs series happen.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

WOLF wrote:
alecjonsludge wrote:Full credit and congrats to the Habs.Camalleri,Halak,Gill and Gorges all played outstanding.Gonchar,who was good as gone as a UFA this summer anyways,most certainly is gone now after his soft play last night.
That's good of you man - I know it can't be an easy loss to stomach as a big fan. I have to say I'm shocked. To beat teams like the Pens and Caps it takes every guy on the roster playing his role to 100% of their ability every game - and they're doing it. I can't believe how everyone from Halak, to the scorers, to the whole D unit, to the role players like Lapierre, Moore, and Pyatt have stepped up.

I'm actually scared of the Habs being perceived as somewhat of a favorite in the conference final. The element of surprise is gone.

It's weird saying this, because in most years I'd love to see a good Bruins choke job, but GO B's GO (sorry JSR). A Habs/Bruins semifinal, with another original six team still alive in the West, is too good to pass up.

I may be a die hard Pens fan, but I'm first and foremost a HOCKEY fan. I can appreciate and respect what the Habs have done this playoffs.It's quite unbelivable really,but as you said,it has been a team effort,with everyone committed 100%.(Mind you, anything less than white hot goaltending from Halak might have changed things....might have being the operative words).

They are a team playing loose and having a lot of FUN(Lapierre's smile for instance).The pressures and expectations were not as relevant in years past,due to their seeding, and that may have helped. A team having fun is always a difficult squad to play in that they don't get down and don't let pressure get to them.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

I know the feeling of game 7 playoff nerves all too well this season. Enjoy and try not to have a meltdown: JSR, chunga, Skydog, and anyone else I may have forgot on the Philly/Boston side of the equation.

PS - there's going to be a fucked up schedule for the semifinal, as the Bell Centre is not available next Thursday or Friday. There's either going to be a back to back situation (Sunday/Monday/Wednesday or Sunday/Tuesday/Wednesday) OR a situation where they have to take three days off after games 1 and 2 (Sunday/Tuesday/Saturday).
John Simon Ritchie

WOLF wrote:I know the feeling of game 7 playoff nerves all too well this season. Enjoy and try not to have a meltdown: JSR, chunga, Skydog, and anyone else I may have forgot on the Philly/Boston side of the equation.
I'm starting to break a sweat already, haha.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

WOLF wrote:I know the feeling of game 7 playoff nerves all too well this season. Enjoy and try not to have a meltdown: JSR, chunga, Skydog, and anyone else I may have forgot on the Philly/Boston side of the equation.

PS - there's going to be a fucked up schedule for the semifinal, as the Bell Centre is not available next Thursday or Friday. There's either going to be a back to back situation (Sunday/Monday/Wednesday or Sunday/Tuesday/Wednesday) OR a situation where they have to take three days off after games 1 and 2 (Sunday/Tuesday/Saturday).
The Habs/Molson booted the shows that were scheduled for the Bell Centre for Thursday/Friday to accomodate the playoffs. You can't mess with hockey in these here parts - especially when the owner of the team also owns the building!
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Whoa, can the Flyers overcome a 3 goal deficit to overcome a 3 game deficit? :mrgreen:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Jeez, so much for drama. It's just after 7:30 and it seems I know who my Habs are playing, barring a miracle that is. At least we got a 2-3 hours jumpstart on the gameplan and film splicing.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:Jeez, so much for drama. It's just after 7:30 and it seems I know who my Habs are playing, barring a miracle that is. At least we got a 2-3 hours jumpstart on the gameplan and film splicing.

Perhaps not.

Its 3-3 now.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

It's only fitting this game ends 4-3.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Fire Jullien. How the fuck do you blow a 3-0 series lead and then a 3-0 lead in game 7? Claude has to go.
Scatman
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Scatman »

That was nothing short of amazing. Bring on the Habs!
The shape of drunk to come.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Now I've seen everything! A too many men call decides it to boot....
John Simon Ritchie

WOLF wrote:Jeez, so much for drama. It's just after 7:30 and it seems I know who my Habs are playing, barring a miracle that is. At least we got a 2-3 hours jumpstart on the gameplan and film splicing.
Niiiice. Like that miracle?
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

WTF? Flyers deserved it, so you have to give them credit. At least the B's made history this year.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:
Niiiice. Like that miracle?
This could only be weirder if Claude Julien gets fired; gets hired by Colorado; and hires Hardy Arstrom as his goaltending coach.

I swear, last night was a hockey version of the TV show LOST. All kinds of Deja-vu.

Habs/Philly - not what I wanted.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Julien has to be fired. I don't see how he can stay after the season they had and the ending they had. His coaching sucks, and he clearly isn't a motivator.

I saw where some of the Bruins were upset about the too many men on the ice call. FUCK THEM. They blew a 3-0 series lead and then choked away a 3-0 goal lead. The call had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome. They choked, pure and simple. I suppose the only one happy is Jacobs since he got 7 home playoff games to hawk his overpriced concessions.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

SkyDog112046 wrote:Julien has to be fired. I don't see how he can stay after the season they had and the ending they had. His coaching sucks, and he clearly isn't a motivator.

I saw where some of the Bruins were upset about the too many men on the ice call. FUCK THEM. They blew a 3-0 series lead and then choked away a 3-0 goal lead. The call had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome. They choked, pure and simple. I suppose the only one happy is Jacobs since he got 7 home playoff games to hawk his overpriced concessions.
They just signed Julien to an extension last offseason. I don't think they'll fire him.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

OK - prediction time:

Hawks over Sharks in 6
Habs over Philly in 7

Setting up an original six final for the first time since 1979, and a repeat of the 1971 final where the Habs upset the mighty Hawks.

Go Habs Go!
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

WOLF wrote:OK - prediction time:

Hawks over Sharks in 6
Habs over Philly in 7

Setting up an original six final for the first time since 1979, and a repeat of the 1971 final where the Habs upset the mighty Hawks.

Go Habs Go!
Having endured shitty Blackhawk hockey here for the better part of 40 years, I'd wait on modifying their mascot with the term mighty.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
John Simon Ritchie

Should be a great series between The Flyers and The Habs since they split on the season. I'm looking at a seven games series too...only with The Flyers on top. :wink:
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Byfuglin = my favorite black Blackhawk.

$tevil
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

San Jose was robbed for having to be on the ice at noon local time. Were they supposed to have their morning skate at 5AM?
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
Scatman
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by Scatman »

6-0, Philly over Montreal. Leighton gets the shutout, Halak gets the hook. Beautiful.
The shape of drunk to come.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Scatman wrote:6-0, Philly over Montreal. Leighton gets the shutout, Halak gets the hook. Beautiful.
Well, if the Habs were to have a stinker, better to get it out of the way early, like they did against Pittsburgh.

The Habs have to make life tougher for the Flyers though, or this is going to be a short series. Leighton saw everything and the Habs shot themselves in the foot defensively time and time again.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

The Habs had too much time to worry and the Flyers had too much time to scheme... because they were playing in the late game! It's not even dark here yet and our team has been done with their game for over 5 hours!
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
John Simon Ritchie

Scatman wrote:6-0, Philly over Montreal. Leighton gets the shutout, Halak gets the hook. Beautiful.
'twas a wonderful thing. 8)
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Garbageman wrote:San Jose was robbed for having to be on the ice at noon local time. Were they supposed to have their morning skate at 5AM?
San Jose had a week to schedule their morning skate.

$tevil