NFL 2011 Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: NFL 2011 Thread

Post by johnk5150 »

Redman77 wrote:
Rainbow Bright wrote:Dear Detroit Lions:

What the fuck?

Dear Rainbow Bright:

It's about fucking time.
I can see the Bears next ten years being a lot like the previous 20 Lions years. Good for Detroit kicking Millen out and drafting something other than receivers the last couple of years.

"Hey Angelo, you know that franchise quarterback you traded everything to get? Well he's getting killed every Sunday. Maybe take or sign a couple of decent offensive linemen this year?"

"I'll just draft defense, thanks."

I hate my favorite team. Seriously. It doesn't matter how much more talent Cutler has if the line won't block and his receivers all suck.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Redman77 wrote:

What the fuck?

Dear Rainbow Bright:

It's about fucking time.
As Wayne Fontes is my witness, they'll fuck it up somehow.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Redman77 wrote:

What the fuck?

Dear Rainbow Bright:

It's about fucking time.
As Wayne Fontes is my witness, they'll fuck it up somehow.
Cocaine Wayne is your witness? Case dismissed!
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Redman77 wrote:

What the fuck?

Dear Rainbow Bright:

It's about fucking time.
True that. I hope they win it all. And I'm a Packers fan.
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

I don't see anyone giving the Packers any shit this year. And I hate the fucking Packers.

Vikings should go with Ponder. He looked great during preseason. Lots of energy. Also, run the fucking football in the second half with the lead. That's what your supposed to do.

My beloved, beloved cardiac Cowboys (who should be 3-0) will struggle against the Lions this Sunday. I've actually got Detroit winning by 3-6 points. Tony Romo seems to have found his zeal again, though. Haven't seen him play with this much heart and passion since 2007. And we all know what happened then.

Vick will shit the bed against the 49ers this Sunday.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Artemis2085 wrote:
My beloved, beloved cardiac Cowboys (who should be 3-0) will struggle against the Lions this Sunday. I've actually got Detroit winning by 3-6 points. Tony Romo seems to have found his zeal again, though. Haven't seen him play with this much heart and passion since 2007. And we all know what happened then.
We have something in common, :lol:
Lions already have 2 road wins. That is impressive.
Avg margin on victory in the 2 road wins: 5 points.
This young team might be tired-Playing 3rd road game in 4 weeks.
I look for a low scoring game, but I think Dallas might have just enough(for the 3rd consecutive week) to get the W.
A lot depends on how healthy Dallas is coming into the game.
Short week for them. They need healthy WR's for Romo and the center/qb snap figured out.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Dallas has yet to beat a good team this year, and they won ugly against a bad team and a mediocre one. Detroit is a good team, maybe even a great one. Nothing other than wishful thinking points to a Cowboy victory in this one.
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

bane wrote:Dallas has yet to beat a good team this year, and they won ugly against a bad team and a mediocre one. Detroit is a good team, maybe even a great one. Nothing other than wishful thinking points to a Cowboy victory in this one.
Suh will eat Romo.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Rainbow Bright wrote:
bane wrote:Dallas has yet to beat a good team this year, and they won ugly against a bad team and a mediocre one. Detroit is a good team, maybe even a great one. Nothing other than wishful thinking points to a Cowboy victory in this one.
Suh will eat Romo.
Good.
I'll take the 15 yard penalty FO SHO!!!
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Disfunction in Indy. Caldwell just a puppet and not running the show?

Released corner: Jim Caldwell doesn’t make decisions in Indy

By MJD

Released corner: Jim Caldwell doesn’t make decisions in IndyThe Indianapolis Colts have released cornerback Justin Tryon(notes), which was probably the humane thing to do since they weren't playing him. The release caps a weird few weeks for Tryon in Indy.

About a week ago, Phil Wilson of the Indy Star asked Colts defensive coordinator Larry Coyer why Tryon wasn't playing. Coyer's answer was odd and evasive, basically pointing a finger at head coach Jim Caldwell.

"You know what, any of that stuff you have to ask Jim (Caldwell), to be honest with you," Coyer said. "I like [Tryon] a lot. He's competitive. But where that is, it's with our head coach."

Pretty much everyone agrees that Tryon was better than Jacob Lacey(notes), the man who got the snaps in Tryon's absence. I read the quote from Coyer as meaning, "I like Tryon, and I'd like to play him, but for some reason, Jim Caldwell doesn't want me to, so I can't." According to Tryon, though, it wasn't up to Caldwell, either. Here's what he tweeted.

@JTTRYON20: I thank the Colts die hard fans for the love they're showing me! I'M A STARTER yes.. Caldwell wanted to start me but it wasn't up to him!

@JTTRYON20: Now done with that!! I'm def ready for the next chapter in this wonderful story!! IM BLESSED!! lay off of Caldwell he's a great coach! Peace

And for whatever it's worth, Colts owner Jim Irsay quickly hopped on Twitter to challenge what Tryon said about Caldwell.

@JimIrsay: Bill Polian is 1 day,going 2 The Hall of Fame,he knows what he's doing,and Coach Caldwell makes final call on who plays n who doesn't,period

Who's telling the truth, I don't know. I do think it's odd that in the same tweet where he says that Caldwell makes the decisions, Irsay also feels it necessary to point out that Colts vice chairman Bill Polian, if he wanted to, would be qualified to make such a decision. Tryon has an agenda, too. Not that I think he's lying, but of course his point of view would be that he's a really good player and that it was something in the organization holding him back.

Since the day Caldwell took the head coaching job, there's always been the perception he's not a man of great sway in the Colts organization. Irsay's a strong character. Polian's a strong character. Peyton Manning's(notes) a strong character. Tony Dungy said on Sunday that Manning would be calling a lot of the plays in their Sunday night game against Pittsburgh.

Meanwhile, Caldwell goes about his business while saying almost nothing. Right or wrong, the perception's been that he's the Colts head coach just because the Colts had to hire someone to be the head coach.

Tryon's tweets give some credence to the belief that Caldwell's just a sideline decoration.
HMJ
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by HMJ »

The Saints fought hard againts the Pack. I wasn't that upset the way it turned out. Now if they pull that shit against a team like the Rams, I'll get a bit more pissy. Giving up that many points to Green Bay and the Texans doesn't make me lose faith.

Our next 3 games are shit teams. We'll see how they go un-challenged. I am all too familiar with the Saints not showing up until the 3rd quarter.
"FUN'S OVER."
Rev.Sweetchops
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Rev.Sweetchops »

SORRY PACKERS!! This is our year...

Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

You could tell by the end of last season they were starting to get their shit together. If Stafford stays healthy, they can make some noise. Def. my sleeper pick.

That being said, its Detroit we're talking about. Much like the Blazers, they will find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.
Rev.Sweetchops
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Rev.Sweetchops »

Rainbow Bright wrote:You could tell by the end of last season they were starting to get their shit together. If Stafford stays healthy, they can make some noise. Def. my sleeper pick.

That being said, its Detroit we're talking about. Much like the Blazers, they will find a way to shoot themselves in the foot.
Not this year! They are more focused than ever. I told people for years, the Lions will be a contender..nobody believed me. Look at them now :)
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Wait until the Lions play somebody. Tampa, KC & Minnysoda don't strike me as playoff caliber teams.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Rainbow Bright wrote:You could tell by the end of last season they were starting to get their shit together. If Stafford stays healthy, they can make some noise. Def. my sleeper pick.

They are EVERYBODY's sleeper pick, and have been for about 3 years.

They'll fuck it up.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

I holding my judgement until the play the Packers, Saints, Chargers, Falcons and the Cowboys. Their defensive backs & LB's haven't been tested yet.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The NFL responded to the controversy regarding accusations of the Washington Redskins' defense mimicking the Dallas Cowboys' cadence Monday night by sending a memo to all 32 teams, that mimicking cadence is grounds for a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct.
WTF

Post by WTF »

And not one mention about THE story of the week?

:lol:
WTF

Post by WTF »

Kicker’s golf clubs stolen by man delivering Chinese food

By MJD

Kicker’s golf clubs stolen by man delivering Chinese foodIt's not often that we come across a story involving a kicker, golf clubs and Chinese food. Unfortunately for Atlanta Falcons kicker Matt Bryant(notes), though, we've got one today. From Fran Jeffries at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

Kristian Vail, 22, of Flowery Branch, was arrested and charged with stealing the bag of clubs, valued at more than $3,000, from the open garage at Bryant's home on Sept. 16.

"He went into the open garage, took the clubs, delivered the food and went on his way," said Braselton Police Assistant Chief Lou Solis. Vail, who was arrested on Sept. 22, faces felony burglary charges.

Investigators found the clubs on the Internet using their serial numbers, Solis said. Vail had traded the clubs and golf bag to Michael Gibson, 22, for 80 Ecstasy pills, Solis said.

The good news is that most of the golf clubs have been recovered. One notable exception is Bryant's Scotty Cameron putter, which remains at large. Scotty Cameron putters are one of the most absurdly overpriced items in an industry built on absurdly overpriced items.

I guess the lesson here is that you should lock your garage when you're having food delivered. As wonderful as it is when a stranger shows up at your door with hot, delicious Chinese food, it does not make that stranger your friend. As you're inside innocently enjoying your moo goo gai pan, he'll be out on the street trading your hybrid 3-iron for a bag of E.

Gracias, Larry Brown Sports.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gorgeous choke jobs from the Cowboys and the Eagles today. Sweet.

Skins won ugly as usual but are 3-1 and in first place - alone there once the Giants fuck it up against the Falcons.

The Lions look pretty impressive. Johnson is a beast. I'm starting to think they might be for real.

Unlike the Bills.
soulonfire
Headlining Clubs

Post by soulonfire »

Biggest collapse in Cowboys history, love it! Next week will be the game to watch though. Still, Lions starting 4-0 is a beautiful thing. But now I have people saying the Lions would be nothing without Johnson.
Danzig in the Dark wrote:Roadhead, you are the Jar Jar Binks of Metal Sludge.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Still asking myself how did Dallas lose the game at home.

The bye week is perfect timing.

Allows injured players to heal.

1/4 of the season is over.
2-2 is average. Can't go 8-8 and expect to be a great team.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

I've never seen a QB give away games that should have been victories like Romo. If Dallas decides to stay with him then maybe it's time to bring in Kitna in the 4th if they have a big lead and let him manage the game.

Oakland is turning into a good team. If they can just learn to play with a little discipline(big IF) they could become a playoff team.

New England's defense is pathetic. They aren't getting much pressure up front and their back 7 is among the worst in the league. The linebackers can't cover and the d-backs don't understand fundamentals. Why play prevent and sit behind a receiver when you are standing in the endzone? Good thing that offense can score.

Baltimore's defense is hellacious. It will be a big advantage in a season when most of the defenses suck. If they could just get Flacco to be careful with the ball. From what I've seen so far I think they are the class of the AFC.

Sanchez sucks. He requires too much around him to go right for his team to win. When the NY defense is playing well and the running game is clicking then he can make some plays but when he is asked to step up he usually melts down. A 71.0 career QB rating.

I'm looking forward to watching Detroit next Monday. I've been saying all along they should contend for a playoff spot this year and it looks as though they will. But they still haven't gone up against the leagues best teams. They've got to stop digging themselves big holes because they won't come back like that on teams in the back half of their schedule such as GB, N.O., or SD.

San Fran can go 6-6 the rest of the way and easily win the NFC West. That division is pathetic.

Philly is 1-3, Wash, Buff, & TN are all 3-1, Cincy, Cle & Pitt are all 2-2, Det is 4-0, and Indy is about to be 0-4. If someone had told you this last February you would have thought they were smoking crack.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Machado wrote:Still asking myself how did Dallas lose the game at home.
Allow me to do my Joe Piscopo SNL Sports impression

Romo...Brainfart...Again...and Again!
Jones...Angry...Team...Fed up!
Pretty soon...Kitna!

Back to you, guy!

johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:

I'm looking forward to watching Detroit next Monday.
I'm not.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Last year, the Panthers had a decent defense but couldn't score. This year it's just the opposite. :|
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

SkyDog112046 wrote: Indy is about to be 0-4. If someone had told you this last February you would have thought they were smoking crack.
Actually last February someone would be telling you the COLTS road BACK to the SUPERBOWL starts NOW!
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

The Ravens should take a page from The Water Boy playbook and just take a knee 3 times and punt and let their defense score for them.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

bane wrote:The Ravens should take a page from The Water Boy playbook and just take a knee 3 times and punt and let their defense score for them.

Or take a page from the Globetrotters and face the same opponent every week. Sanchez = Washington Generals.

That D is epic. Lewis is still playing at a high level. With that defense all they will need is a decent running game come January and they will be tough to stop.