Brett Farve = Playoff Bitch

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Brett Farve = Playoff Bitch

Post by poizond13 »

bigbuttskinner wrote:I'm so tired of hearing the "he should have ran" line. The man left the game with an ankle injury and hobbled the rest of the game. Favre is not a running quarterback at 100% health, so why would he turn into that at much less than 100%. Favre is a passer and he tried to make a play when his first two targets were covered. He knew he had to get yardage. It's just football. That happens.
Yep, he was trying to win the game. If he throws it away it's a 54 yard field goal, highly unlikely Longwell would've made it anyway.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
Exactly. FACT is that Favre got them to the conference championship game. FACT is that the vikings had six fumbles. You don't normally win games when you have six fumbles. The pundits' ability to overlook this is dumbfounding. Favre is not a magic man, and he couldn't overcome those fumbles even though he came close.

As for the ill advised throw, the vikings knew what they were getting when they begged him to play. And the fact is, after the season he had, they STILL WANT HIM BACK, and are willing to do pretty much anything to get him to play another year. Pretty good for a guy who is supposedly a failure if you listen to the idiots here.
FACT is that Favre himself contributed to the turnovers with a fumble and an INT prior to that boneheaded mistake.

FACT is a qb is NEVER supposed to throw across his body. FACT is a qb is NEVER supposed to throw without his feet set. FACT is a qb is NEVER supposed to throw off his back foot.
What's your point? Favre has made some amazing plays doing exactly what you just described. I don't recall anyone complaining about his mechanics when he made those throws. Obviously it's not proper form for a QB, but Favre has always gone against the grain and been successful doing things that you supposedly aren't supposed to do. The Vikings knew that and were willing to take the bad with the good.
He needs to be able to recognize that they were fortunate to even be in that position to begin with and either dump it in the flat, or take the hit going up the middle.
It was a bad play, no one is denying that, not even Bret himself. What's your point?

And of course they want him back; not only are they on the books for his salary, but they also still have a stadium to think about
Funny, not too long ago I recall you saying that Brett Favre did NOTHING for the Vikings this year. If that's the case, why would they want him back?
and luckily there are enough people out there who think he's some sort of clutch qb.
Right, it's not like he's a 3x MVP who owns a considerable amount of passing records or anything like that.
Great, another shmuck who thinks records = clutch.

The Vikings brought him in to win the SB. They did not win. They are watching the Super Bowl, like they did with Jackson at the helm. However, the Wilf PERSONAL fortune grew, and their cap situation is fucked. They are a team built for NOW and don't have time to invest in and wait for a rookie to develop. So, you take your chances with Favre because:

A - most teams aren't letting go of elite QBs.

B - you get the same boneheaded plays from a rookie as you do Favre, but you happen to get some good plays from him, so you hope you can build a good enough team to take the Favre factor out of play.

It's about manageable risk.

You live with your parents so you really shouldn't be expected to understand concepts like that.

Troll.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

bigbuttskinner wrote:I'm so tired of hearing the "he should have ran" line. The man left the game with an ankle injury and hobbled the rest of the game. Favre is not a running quarterback at 100% health, so why would he turn into that at much less than 100%. Favre is a passer and he tried to make a play when his first two targets were covered. He knew he had to get yardage. It's just football. That happens.
He ran 10 yards sideways when he was flushed out of the pocket. He could have run for 5 more downfield. It would have been a far smarter play that what he ended up doing. Favre's "gunslinger" tag is well earned.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

poizond13 wrote:
Yep, he was trying to win the game. If he throws it away it's a 54 yard field goal, highly unlikely Longwell would've made it anyway.
:lol: :lol:

A 54 yard fg attempt indoors is always a better option than throwing an INT to kill the drive and ultimately end the season.

BF wanted to be the big hero. He wanted to be carried off the field as a winner and on the most important play of the game, he threw a pass down the middle of the field, against his body, off balance and now he can think about the play for an off-season.

Why not throw the ball away? Toss the ball out of bounds if he felt like running for a few yards was not an option.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:

If he throws to the open man in the flat it's not a 54 yarder.

As for first two targets from skinner - Berrian was the leading receiver that day. He was the open man in the flat. Best argument is he's the #2 target behind Rice.

And I am having a good chuckle about the "If he throws it away it's a 54 yard field goal, highly unlikely Longwell would've made it anyway."

What do you base that on ? His 2 for 2 from 50 + yards, and 10 of 11 from 40 + yards accuracy this year ? Or perhaps a dome makes it more DIFFICULT to kick ?

If Favre does the smart thing, it's not a 50+ yard field goal attempt.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote: Great, another shmuck who thinks records = clutch.

The Vikings brought him in to win the SB. They did not win. They are watching the Super Bowl, like they did with Jackson at the helm. However, the Wilf PERSONAL fortune grew, and their cap situation is fucked. They are a team built for NOW and don't have time to invest in and wait for a rookie to develop. So, you take your chances with Favre because:

B - you get the same boneheaded plays from a rookie as you do Favre, but you happen to get some good plays from him, so you hope you can build a good enough team to take the Favre factor out of play.

You live with your parents so you really shouldn't be expected to understand concepts like that.

Troll.
So first you state that Favre did the Vikings more harm than good. Now you're saying it would be smart of them to bring him back? :lol: What kind of back pedaling bullshit is that?
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

As for first two targets from skinner - Berrian was the leading receiver that day. He was the open man in the flat. Best argument is he's the #2 target behind Rice.

And I am having a good chuckle about the "If he throws it away it's a 54 yard field goal, highly unlikely Longwell would've made it anyway."

What do you base that on ? His 2 for 2 from 50 + yards, and 10 of 11 from 40 + yards accuracy this year ? Or perhaps a dome makes it more DIFFICULT to kick ?

That's a myth, there was NO open man in the flat or anywhere else.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:[

No, I base it on the fact that his career long is 52.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

Allright Bane, Machado, Utah, Lumi and the rest.

Fun time is over.

I mean, even though 3 time SB champion (and SB MVP) Troy Aikman diplomatically says it was a stupid play, what the fuck does he know compared to a scrawny little, 130 pound, gender neutral non athlete who lives with his parents ?

Aikman can't match that kind of football knowledge.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:Allright Bane, Machado, Utah, Lumi and the rest.

Fun time is over.

I mean, even though 3 time SB champion (and SB MVP) Troy Aikman diplomatically says it was a stupid play, what the fuck does he know compared to a scrawny little, 130 pound, gender neutral non athlete who lives with his parents ?

I already stated it was a dumb play at least three times. Can't you read?

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote: Great, another shmuck who thinks records = clutch.

Troll.
So first you state that Favre did the Vikings more harm than good. Now you're saying it would be smart of them to bring him back? :lol: What kind of back pedaling bullshit is that?
Where did I say it would be smart ?

You need to learn what back pedaling means.

Troll.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

That's a myth, there was NO open man in the flat or anywhere else.

Ok.

I sure do hope we reach a day and age where we can have video evidence and not just rely on word of mouth.

It would be weird if we saw video evidence of Bernard Berrian being wide open in the right flat with a db who had has back to him.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

On the play Berrian was the primary target. He was covered. Shiancoe was the second read, he was bracketed. Rice was running a clearing route. They switched to cover two before the snap. No one was open. He tried to hit Rice and he got picked. He tried to make it work because it was going to be a long kick. I don't understand why people fault the guy for trying.

If Tahi didn't come in and they didn't get a penalty for 12 men in the huddle, maybe they run AP again and see what happens. One play doesn't determine the game. Too many factors. It just so happens, this one was at the end of regulation so everyone puts the blame on #4.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:

you take your chances with Favre.
The back pedal continues.

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Fun time is over.

The young boy around here who fascinates about BM and Poison now wants us to believe he knows something about football.
Troy did say the play was stupid. He also used the phrase, "cardinal sin"
:D
Steve Young has gone on record as saying that type of throw should never be made by a pro QB, let alone a veteran like Favre.

JR should watch a video replay and then try to convince us that a player was NOT open in the flat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQi_wd4ol4
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:
Ok.

I sure do hope we reach a day and age where we can have video evidence and not just rely on word of mouth.

It would be weird if we saw video evidence of Bernard Berrian being wide open in the right flat with a db who had has back to him.
That would be great, because said video evidence would show a defender within 3 yards of Berrian with his eyes squarely focused on him.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:[

No, I base it on the fact that his career long is 52.
Ahh, ok. Well, that makes sense then.

There is just one more thing - his career long is 55 yards. Outdoors.
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

So where in that post do I say it would be SMART to bring him back ?

Show us.

Troll
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Machado wrote:

Fun time is over.

The young boy around here who fascinates about BM and Poison now wants us to believe he knows something about football.
Troy did say the play was stupid. He also used the phrase, "cardinal sin"
:D
Steve Young has gone on record as saying that type of throw should never be made by a pro QB, let alone a veteran like Favre.

JR should watch a video replay and then try to convince us that a player was NOT open in the flat:
Thanks for showing the video evidence of the DB being within 3 yards of berrian.

JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

As someone with no rooting interest either way it's pretty blatant that Berrian was WIDE fucking open at the 30 in the flat. Worst case scenario is that even if gains nothing after the catch it's a 47 yard attempt.

The DB was heading in the other direction and could have NEVER made a play to break up the pass. It was a sure thing.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:

So where in that post do I say it would be SMART to bring him back ?

Show us.

Troll
So what you're saying is that the Vikes SHOULD bring him back. And I'm not making that up because it's right there in plain English. However, even though they should bring him back, it wouldn't be the smart thing to do?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The trolling continues.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

JakeYonkel wrote:As someone with no rooting interest either way it's pretty blatant that Berrian was WIDE fucking open at the 30 in the flat. Worst case scenario is that even if gains nothing after the catch it's a 47 yard attempt.

The DB was heading in the other direction and could have NEVER made a play to break up the pass. It was a sure thing.
Bullshit. The DB was within 3 yards and looking right at Berrian. Favre even said himself his only other option was to run.

bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Click the link; watch the video; listen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

bigbuttskinner wrote:On the play Berrian was the primary target. He was covered. Shiancoe was the second read, he was bracketed. Rice was running a clearing route. They switched to cover two before the snap. No one was open. He tried to hit Rice and he got picked. He tried to make it work because it was going to be a long kick. I don't understand why people fault the guy for trying.

If Tahi didn't come in and they didn't get a penalty for 12 men in the huddle, maybe they run AP again and see what happens. One play doesn't determine the game. Too many factors. It just so happens, this one was at the end of regulation so everyone puts the blame on #4.

Berrian was covered INITIALLY.

When Favre got out of the pocket, the defender was 5 yards off with his back to him.

Not to mention there's that whole sideline thing.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

They should bring him back because he DID have a good year and he's a better option than what they've currently got on their roster, unless they're able to pry McNabb from Philadelphia.

That being said it was ironic for him to end his season EXACTLY the way we all figured he would. You know what you're getting with Favre.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Per NFL.com:
A breakdown of the play shows that Favre intended to exploit man coverage by rolling right and finding Bernard Berrian in the flat for enough yards to set up a potential game-winning field goal by Longwell.

When Vilma switched to Cover 2 zone coverage, left cornerback Jabari Greer stayed in the flat and was in perfect position to cover Berrian. Favre's second read -- tight end Visanthe Shiancoe -- was negated by bracket coverage.
So much for the "open" receiver in the flat. Amazing how some people can spew so much bullshit without ever having a clue about what they're talking about.
Last edited by poizond13 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:
So what you're saying is that the Vikes SHOULD bring him back. And I'm not making that up because it's right there in plain English. However, even though they should bring him back, it wouldn't be the smart thing to do?

The trolling continues.
What's in plain English is they don't have much choice but to bring him back.

So, where did I say it would be SMART to bring him back ?

I'll wait for that link.

Troll.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

JakeYonkel wrote:As someone with no rooting interest either way it's pretty blatant that Berrian was WIDE fucking open at the 30 in the flat. Worst case scenario is that even if gains nothing after the catch it's a 47 yard attempt.

He's not commited to heading the other way until Favre releases the ball as far as I can tell. He's open, but I think it takes a perfect pass over the DB to get it in there. He may have been able to break it up, but it's still not a pick. It would have been the smarter play by far.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

thejuggernaut wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

The trolling continues.
What's in plain English is they don't have much choice but to bring him back.

So, where did I say it would be SMART to bring him back ?

I'll wait for that link.

Troll.
Sure they have a choice. They can have a competition between Jackson and Rosenfels for the starting job. They can trade for someone else. Or they can keep Favre. That's at least 3 options right there. Yet you stated they should go with Favre, even though that's not the smart thing to do? :lol: :lol: :lol:

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs

Post by thejuggernaut »

poizond13 wrote:Per NFL.com:
A breakdown of the play shows that Favre intended to exploit man coverage by rolling right and finding Bernard Berrian in the flat for enough yards to set up a potential game-winning field goal by Longwell.

When Vilma switched to Cover 2 zone coverage, left cornerback Jabari Greer stayed in the flat and was in perfect position to cover Berrian. Favre's second read -- tight end Visanthe Shiancoe -- was negated by bracket coverage.
So much for the "open" receiver in the flat. Amazing how some people can spew so much bullshit without ever having a clue about what they're talking about.

Go to the 34 second mark.

So how exactly would this superman Greer, who's never been much more than a nickel back, break up the pass when he was 5 yards off and running downfield ?

Why hasn't this superman been all pro every year if he's capable of defying the laws of physics like that ?

Of course, it's hilarious the cross body throw into traffic makes more sense than the sideline throw with a cushion.