The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: NFL 2012 Thread

Post by johnk5150 »

Good to see nothing has changed in Oakland.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Facedown wrote:Logan Mankins played all last season with a torn ACL.
That must've been a bitch.
That's pretty good.

The Redskins' long-snapper played an entire half with a broken arm yesterday. I bet that hurt more.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83627 ... broken-arm

Oakland sucks and I can't believe their stadium has a retarded new corporate name. I also can't believe corporate stooge Chris Berman protested it by calling it "Alemeda County Oakland Coliseum" during the broadcast.

That game was pretty boring though I couldn't make it past halftime.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Chris. Berman. Bad.

Dilfer sounded DUMB.

That's seriously the worst 'professional' broadcast ever televised.

$tevil
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

johnk5150 wrote:Chris. Berman. Bad.

Dilfer sounded DUMB.

I've seen worse. You get pretty bad booths when you watch a lot of late-season Redskins games.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I didn't watch, but I can't think of anything worse that Berman and Dilfer in the booth together, unless they added Sean Salisbury. Thank God he got fired for showing his cock to chicks, we don't have to worry about the 3 headed monster.

There is literally not one person on camera that I like on ESPN anymore. I can't think of one. And half of them went to Syracuse, and I still don't like them.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

NeverSurrender wrote:I didn't watch, but I can't think of anything worse that Berman and Dilfer in the booth together, unless they added Sean Salisbury. Thank God he got fired for showing his cock to chicks, we don't have to worry about the 3 headed monster.

There is literally not one person on camera that I like on ESPN anymore. I can't think of one. And half of them went to Syracuse, and I still don't like them.
I was really surprised on Dilfer. I remember him being good on the radio. He spoke like a rube.

$tevil
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

I saw both games at a bar. Too much noise to hear any of the broadcasters so I guess that enhanced my experience.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Facedown wrote:I saw both games at a bar. Too much noise to hear any of the broadcasters so I guess that enhanced my experience.
The guy that does the CBS radio broadcast is fucking great. Why wouldn't ESPN nab him?

$tevil
Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Drunk Kennedy »

Crazy Levi wrote:

Dilfer sounded DUMB.

I've seen worse. You get pretty bad booths when you watch a lot of late-season Redskins games.
skins fan here as well.

you should have seen the preseason booth of joe theisman and randel el as the sideline reporter.

they couldnt get names of players right...down and distance was always wrong....just too funny. :lol:
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Quarterback Jay Cutler showed his displeasure with the fans during the first quarter of Sunday’s 41-21 victory over the Indianapolis Colts at Soldier Field. He was hoping for a quieter work environment when the offense got into the red zone at the North end zone.

Afterward, Cutler made a public plea for the first time in four seasons with the franchise.

“Please, please, please let’s tone it down a little bit when we’re down in the 20," Cutler said. “You’re more than welcome to tell and scream and do whatever you want to do after we score, but please let’s go ahead and quiet the stadium down and save it for after we score. Thank you. That’s my PSA.”

$tevil
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

johnk5150 wrote:Quarterback Jay Cutler showed his displeasure with the fans during the first quarter of Sunday’s 41-21 victory over the Indianapolis Colts at Soldier Field. He was hoping for a quieter work environment when the offense got into the red zone at the North end zone.

Afterward, Cutler made a public plea for the first time in four seasons with the franchise.

“Please, please, please let’s tone it down a little bit when we’re down in the 20," Cutler said. “You’re more than welcome to tell and scream and do whatever you want to do after we score, but please let’s go ahead and quiet the stadium down and save it for after we score. Thank you. That’s my PSA.”
There's plenty of stupid fans to go around. I'm friends with some pretty hardcore Saints fans/ticket holders. They always complain of loud fans when Brees and co are on the field. And, Saints fans started leaving en masse on Sunday at the Superdome. This is a game that ended with the Saints down 8 points and the ball in Drew Brees' hands. The place was maybe 35% full at that point.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Dilfer sounded DUMB.

Dilfer is really good. The problem is Berman. He ruins the booth with his presence.
You could add Al Michaels or Bob Costas to the booth along with Berman
and Berman will make those two legends sound horrible.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Keep Bob Costas in the studio.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
There's plenty of stupid fans to go around. I'm friends with some pretty hardcore Saints fans/ticket holders. They always complain of loud fans when Brees and co are on the field. And, Saints fans started leaving en masse on Sunday at the Superdome. This is a game that ended with the Saints down 8 points and the ball in Drew Brees' hands. The place was maybe 35% full at that point.
My favorite grumpy old man chimed in.

Steve Rosenbloom

The RosenBlog

9:16 a.m. CDT, September 11, 2012
Dear Stupid (and you know who you are, Bears fans):

Shut up.

Love, Jay Cutler and Lovie Smith.

Steve Rosenbloom

E-mail | Recent columns
Ads by Google
MDs Treating Osteoporosis
Discover a Treatment That Increased BMD for Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
www.HCPOsteoResource.comThe YES Network Story
How a regional sports network changed an industry and the game.
goldmansachs.com/progressOK, so maybe the Bears quarterback and head coach didn’t say it that way at the podium, but they probably wanted to.

Cutler, in fact, actually did blister the idiot fans, getting caught on camera mouthing “shut up’’ and maybe some pottymouth stuff after Soldier Field fans cheered their way into embarrassment Sunday. Some fans didn’t know it at the time, and believe me, some fans still don’t get it, as you’ll read later.

Whichever way Cutler and Smith said it, whatever words they used, the point is the same: Shut up.

Read my lips: Shut. Up.

Act like you know football. When the Bears are about to go in for a score at home the way they were early in the 41-21 vivisection of the Colts on Sunday, shut up. You’re embarrassing yourself and hurting the Bears.

I posted a video on the Tribune website Monday that said something similar, which prompted a response from a fan claiming to be a season-ticket holder in the north end zone. The fan emailed that Cutler “waved to the crowd to make noise.’’ No lie. This cheering nimrod saw Cutler make the universal sign for quiet -- arms waving, hands palms-down -- and still believes the Bears quarterback was asking for noise because it might have something to do with disrupting the Colts’ defensive communication. Seriously. That’s what this emailer wrote Monday.

Cutler angrily burned a timeout when it happened. After the game, Cutler pleaded with fans to “tone it down a little bit’’ until after the Bears score. But this emailer believes Cutler wanted fans to drown out his calls.

This brain-addled emailer isn’t alone, but in the land of the stupid, I have found the king.

Or maybe everyone in the north end zone can move to Jacksonville. The Jaguars will take any fans they can get, even idiots. Maybe especially idiots because who else would attend their games?

Look, people, you’re fans of a heritage NFL franchise. No, wait, THE heritage NFL franchise. But as soon as the Bears get to the 1-yard line, you start acting like you’re at Oprah’s “Favorite Things’’ show.

What’s worse, Cutler can audible this season. Unless idiot fans neuter that important option.

This doesn’t go for everybody in the end zones, but this also isn’t a new problem. That’s why the Bears often practice for home games with piped-in crowd noise.

On Sunday, Cutler pleaded with fans to pipe down. On Monday, Lovie Smith asked for quiet when the Bears are about to go in. Later Monday, Cutler reiterated his stance during his radio show.

What part of “shut up’’ don’t some fans understand?

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Crazy Levi wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Quarterback Jay Cutler showed his displeasure with the fans during the first quarter of Sunday’s 41-21 victory over the Indianapolis Colts at Soldier Field. He was hoping for a quieter work environment when the offense got into the red zone at the North end zone.

I texted my fiend and told him i saw him leaving early. I didn't see him, but whne i talked to him yesterday, he said he had left.

Bandwagon is unloading. back in the day, you could put two Saints tickets under somebody's windshield wiper, and come back 2 hours later, an you would have 4 of them under there.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:Good to see nothing has changed in Oakland.
Felt bad for the Raiders back-up long snapper.
Those snaps were ground balls. Landing in the dirt and rolling for a good 5 yards before reaching the punter.
Ironically, during the blocked punt, the snap was acceptable and the snapper blocked well. It was someone to his right that missed an assignment and led
to the blocked punt.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

NeverSurrender wrote:
Bandwagon is unloading. back in the day, you could put two Saints tickets under somebody's windshield wiper, and come back 2 hours later, an you would have 4 of them under there.
This could be the case. They might have made a mistake when they renovated the Superdome.

See this pre-katrina picture? Those seats were made various colors to disguise empties from tv cameras.

About half of the seats are now uniform color (all lower level and most of club level)

noam_bombsky
Forming a Band

Post by noam_bombsky »

Machado wrote:

Dilfer sounded DUMB.

Dilfer is really good. The problem is Berman. He ruins the booth with his presence.
You could add Al Michaels or Bob Costas to the booth along with Berman
and Berman will make those two legends sound horrible.
The only tv commentary on right now that doesn't make me roll my eyes is Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth. I like Gruden pretty well too, but Tirico is pretty lame. Buck and Aikman are terrible as well.
It's like granny always said: "Some turds float to the top; some turds sink to the bottom. In the end, they all get flushed."
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

For all the people already crowning RG3 after ONE game, ponder this: after the first month of the 1998 season, a lot of people also thought Ryan Leaf was a better QB than Peyton Manning. Leaf actually started really well and Peyton was having some issues.

So if you want to crown RG3, then crown his ass! But I will withhold judgement until after the full season.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Withhold judgement?!

You were crowning Luck's sorry ass in preseason.

It's ok dude...maybe when the Skins have a bye week, Luck won't be buried 15 minutes into Sportscenter like was on Sunday.
:lol:
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

poizond13 wrote:For all the people already crowning RG3 after ONE game, ponder this: after the first month of the 1998 season, a lot of people also thought Ryan Leaf was a better QB than Peyton Manning. Leaf actually started really well and Peyton was having some issues.

So if you want to crown RG3, then crown his ass! But I will withhold judgement until after the full season.
You and the rest of mankind have a very different view of "really well."
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Yeah, no shit. Talk about inventing some retarded shit. Leaf won his first two games but he played about as well as Luck did on Sunday (lots of INTs).

By week 5 he was threatening to beat up reporters.

P13 is a fucking moron. What else is new.

And he's jealous. Jealous of the Skins bold, black and beautiful new quarterback. RG3 has captivated the entire nation with his standard-setting debut performance, and he's got two more soft Ds on deck - Rams and Bengals. The nation...no, THE WORLD...eagerly awaits his next start.

While mumbling - when they get around to remembering he exists, which was happening about 20-minutes into the highlights this weekend past - that Luck will "get there."
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Why is Philly favored over Baltimore?

$tevil
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

johnk5150 wrote:Why is Philly favored over Baltimore?
Yeah, I saw that too. 2.5 point favorites as of today. Maybe the betting logic is:

--Baltimore receivers will struggle against Philly's secondary, so Philly will put another guy in the box to defend against Rice.

--No way that Flacco will have another performance as good as last week's.

--No way that Vick will have another performance as bad as last week's.

--Game is in Philly.

Maybe the line will move another point or two the other way before kickoff?
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:Yeah, no shit. Talk about inventing some retarded shit. Leaf won his first two games but he played about as well as Luck did on Sunday (lots of INTs).

And he's jealous. Jealous of the Skins bold, black and beautiful new quarterback. RG3 has captivated the entire nation with his standard-setting debut performance, and he's got two more soft Ds on deck - Rams and Bengals. The nation...no, THE WORLD...eagerly awaits his next start.

While mumbling - when they get around to remembering he exists, which was happening about 20-minutes into the highlights this weekend past - that Luck will "get there."
Leaf was 16-31 for 192 yds with 1 TD and 2 INT in his first game. I wouldn't call it abysmal, that didn't really happen until his third game, but his adequate debut has more in common with Luck's than it does RGIII's. In fact, both Luck and Leaf had a 51% completion percentage to Griffin's 73%. Neither of those players has shown the character issues that sunk Leaf, so I think they'll both prove to do fine ultimately, but raving about Luck on one hand while trying to downplay Griffin by bringing up Leaf on the other is a really stupid argument. As usual, P13 is an idiot.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

bane wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Yeah, no shit. Talk about inventing some retarded shit. Leaf won his first two games but he played about as well as Luck did on Sunday (lots of INTs).

Leaf was 16-31 for 192 yds with 1 TD and 2 INT in his first game. I wouldn't call it abysmal, that didn't really happen until his third game, but his adequate debut has more in common with Luck's than it does RGIII's. In fact, both Luck and Leaf had a 51% completion percentage to Griffin's 73%. Neither of those players has shown the character issues that sunk Leaf, so I think they'll both prove to do fine ultimately, but raving about Luck on one hand while trying to downplay Griffin by bringing up Leaf on the other is a really stupid argument. As usual, P13 is an idiot.
50 percent completion %, 1 td and 2 ints is not "really well.'
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

I agree. It's closer to adequate for a rookie.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

The Eagles being favorites boggles the fucking mind. If I were a betting man, I'd certainly put some action on that. I assume John is frantically dialing up his bookie as we speak. Two points and the hook? Ridiculous.

Vick is a mess. That contract the Eagles gave him is going to go down as a terrible investment.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:The Eagles being favorites boggles the fucking mind. If I were a betting man, I'd certainly put some action on that. I assume John is frantically dialing up his bookie as we speak. Two points and the hook? Ridiculous.

Vick is a mess. That contract the Eagles gave him is going to go down as a terrible investment.
This is the type of game where I would take the Eagles and give the 2 1/2.
Ravens are coming off a short week(played on Monday), nobody is giving he Eagles a chance. Perfect Storm!!!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

A Tony Romo lookalike trotted out onto the field at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington for batting practice Tuesday to the laughs, smiles and cheers from the Texas Rangers players.

Such is life when you’re closer Joe Nathan and you lose a bet with teammate Mike Adams on the outcome of the Dallas Cowboys-New York Giants NFL opener last week. The Cowboys’ 24-17 victory meant Nathan, an unabashed Giants fan, had to dress in a full Cowboys uniform complete with pads, helmet and, of course, Romo’s name and his No. 9 on the back.

Adams and Nathan agreed that the loser would have to wear it for all of batting practice. And Nathan added the stipulation that the loser had to sign autographs for five minutes after so that the television cameras could get a nice view.