The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Bludegeon »

CHAMPIONSHIP!!! CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

skins also added S Ryan Clark.. They are on their way.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Crazy Levi wrote:Redskins sign DeSean Jackson to a 3-year deal.

He can't possibly be a Crip if he'll wear red.

I'm penciling in both Eagles games as Ws.
Did you see the story where he won't use the letter combination "CK" because it's code for "Crip Killers"? Sure enough if you go back through his history of tweets and other releases everything is "CC"...

He's a really good player but he's a piece of garbage as a person. Not Aaron Hernandez level but the more that comes out the more I am OK with the decision to cut him loose. The Eagles don't do anything on spur of the moment; fuck, Andy Reid hung around 3 years past his expiration date. Also, LOL at 2 wins. One guy that the Eagles already know inside and out isn't going to make a bit of difference in the grand scheme. You should be worried about Nick Foles lighting you up for 10 touchdowns. :D
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Redskins sign DeSean Jackson to a 3-year deal.

He can't possibly be a Crip if he'll wear red.

I'm penciling in both Eagles games as Ws.
Did you see the story where he won't use the letter combination "CK" because it's code for "Crip Killers"? Sure enough if you go back through his history of tweets and other releases everything is "CC"...

He's a really good player but he's a piece of garbage as a person. Not Aaron Hernandez level but the more that comes out the more I am OK with the decision to cut him loose. The Eagles don't do anything on spur of the moment; fuck, Andy Reid hung around 3 years past his expiration date. Also, LOL at 2 wins. One guy that the Eagles already know inside and out isn't going to make a bit of difference in the grand scheme. You should be worried about Nick Foles lighting you up for 10 touchdowns. :D
It's not like Eagles fans have ever had problems adding "garbage" to the roster. Mike Vick worked out ok for you guys.

You can probably tell me the pulse of your average Eagles fan, but to me it looks like Chip Kelly made a huge mistake.

And the Redskins just got one of the top receivers in the league - certainly the best in the division - for cheap.

I was plenty happy with the offseason moves so far but this is pretty surprising. Upgrades at plenty of positions and you can write off WR in the draft now, and focus on Oline and secondary.

Nobody is too excited about Clark, but he's certainly an upgrade and he's cheap, nothing wrong with the move. Buys time on that front to acquire young talent. Same with CB Tracy Porter.

And I'm not worried about Nick Foles
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You might be a little concerned about how the Eagles are planning on covering Jackson, Garcon, and Roberts. And Alfred Morris.

Now that RG3 actually has more than one competent receiver I don't think he and Morris are going to be facing as many blitzes and 8-in-the-box.

Meanwhile the Cowboys and Giants have done absolutely nothing and are a year older.

Considering the state of the team last season and numerous obvious deficiencies all over the field, along with the lack of a 1st round pick, this looks to me like one of the finest Redskins offseasons of the salary cap era, as far as improvements across the line. With Shanahan, it was all garbage c-level additions, and with Snyder/Cerrato it was all aging superstars to ridiculous contracts.

I'm very impressed with Bruce Allen's first go at FA, and looking forward to the draft.

Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Can ya smell it? Can ya..?

Yep,,

Skins fan talkin large. Kind of like last year... Hmmm.. No difference between them and Raider fans.

Too funny....

I do agree about the Cowboys Levi.. They haven't done shit this offseason, and won't cause they can't.. The FO is a bunch of morons. And, will continue until the Jones' family sells..

That ain't happening in my time.

It sucks, but, still glad I ain't a skins fan.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Redskins = Stronger

Cowboys + Eagles = Weaker

Giants = A year further along on the downside

Allow me to puff up my chest. A new Right Tackle or two in the draft and I might just start talking shit.

You can't try to tell me Djax isn't a superstar. I've been watching him get better every year, every game against the Redskins since 2010. He's responsible for some of the most embarrassing Redskins plays over that time period , and believe me that's been a tough competition. All this gang stuff is complete bullshit but I'll take it if it helped the Skins save a few million a year.

Locker room cancer? Hey right now it's all smiles and rap concerts. Skins had to take this chance.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:Skins fan talkin large. Kind of like last year... Hmmm.. No difference between them and Cowboy fans.
FYP.

Bitch please, stop derailing the NFC East Circle Jerk Thread. Every year is the Cowgirls "This is our best/last shot"

What Raider fan has thought this was their year in over a decade? Playoffs? PLAYOFFS! 8-8 is a good season, they have less chance then the Browns. What moron with 3 wins last year would think this is their season?

Wait, the Skins had 3 wins, the Raiders had 4.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NFC East is the most interesting division. I like Ryan Clark and with the Skin's additions it should be a good race. The only thing you can really count on is their fans will be fucktards and the CowGirls will choke.

It's up to Philly or the Skin's to keep the disappointment going with J.R. Ewing and Dallas.

Curious to see how Baby Manning responds this year, 18td's 27ints and 4 fumbles. Will another bad season put him on the hot seat?

Curious to see if RG can prove himself again. DeSean's stock has dropped.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Allow me to puff up my chest. A new Right Tackle or two in the draft and I might just start talking shit.
Never stopped ya before.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

No one knows yet what we are going to see from the Redskins. New coach, Jackson and which RGIII we get last years or his draft year. Meanwhile every team gets an off season to study Kelly and Foles.

I like both teams but I'm not ready to declare one or the other NFC East champions yet.
scarred but smarter
WhiteHouseSubsAC

UtahRatt wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Allow me to puff up my chest. A new Right Tackle or two in the draft and I might just start talking shit.
Never stopped ya before.
Levi talks shit, the Skins play like it. At least there is a consistency. :lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
Never stopped ya before.
Levi talks shit, the Skins play like it. At least there is a consistency. :lol:
Are you the only Eagles fan who isn't melting down over the Eagles handing their best player over to a division rival...FOR FREE?

Or have you embraced the angle that this is somehow McNabb/Trotter part II despite the fact that those guys were well into their 30s?
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Will it hurt from an offensive standpoint? Sure, although Jeremy Maclin if healthy is more than adequate as a #1. Again, do you think the Eagles would have cut their "Best" offensive player if there wasn't something to the gang story, not to mention that the guy is a "me first" shitbag and a complete distraction. The offseason is long and I would wager there will be a lot more stuff coming out about this. Your team has a history in the Snyder era of "too good to be true OMG" signings that didn't pan out. Talk to me at the end of next season about this one.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Also, I didn't see your edit about McNabb/Trotter. Trotter came back to the Eagles for 3 seasons after Washington and in one of those he put up the best numbers of his career.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: do you think the Eagles would have cut their "Best" offensive player if there wasn't something to the gang story, not to mention that the guy is a "me first" shitbag and a complete distraction.
Yes, I do. It's quite possible that Chip Kelly doesn't like Jackson for all of the reasons you stated - except of course for the "gang" thing. Guys like TO and Randy Moss manage to get cut without gang ties. Obviously things weren't so rosy in that relationship in Philly so they decided to cut him loose.

There's absolutely ZERO credible evidence I've seen that this guy is in a gang, and I don't see why you'd put it past Eagles management to leak this stuff just to fuck with him. I'm sure by now you've read Richard Sherman's piece on this explaining just how almost any black kid from the hood including himself has "gang ties," and how meaningless that may be even if it's true. And some nice race-card playing as well that compares the Eagles' treatment of DJax with that of another piece of "garbage" as you say, Riley Cooper.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/02/richard-s ... n-jackson/

The offseason is long and I would wager there will be a lot more stuff coming out about this.
I'd wager there isn't, beyond superficial stuff like throwing gang signs at birthday parties and putting on a gangsta front - you know, like white teenagers from Bucks county do all the time.

Your team has a history in the Snyder era of "too good to be true OMG" signings that didn't pan out.
That's not true at all. None of those contracts were "too good to be true," they were all obviously massive overpays, usually with Snyder bidding against himself. I don't know where you got that one. Seriously...check out all the high-profile Skins FA disasters of the last decade + and find me one where anybody thought the Skins got some kind of a deal on a player who wasn't past his prime. Sanders, Smith, Haynesworth, Archulette etc. etc. etc....find me one credible pundit calling any of those a bargain when they went down and I'll buy you a sub.
Talk to me at the end of next season about this one.
OK, if it works out for the Skins I certainly will. If not I'll probably not mention it.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Here's the original story that got the whole thing started. If you're ok with having a guy like this on your team then good luck with him:

PHILADELPHIA -- Over the past several weeks, the Philadelphia Eagles reportedly had shopped wide receiver DeSean Jackson.

On its face, the decision to trade one of the NFL's most talented players seemed curious: At 27, Jackson is coming off one of the best seasons of his career -- 82 catches for 1,332 yards and nine touchdowns. Plus, he's a playmaker who could have been expected to thrive for seasons to come in head coach Chip Kelly's fast-paced offense.

Yet the Eagles' apparent decision to jettison Jackson likely had little to do with his performance on the field or a big-money contract that was slightly squeezing the team's salary cap.

Rather, sources close to Jackson and within the Eagles' organization say, it originally was Jackson's off-field behavior that concerned the front office. A bad attitude, an inconsistent work ethic, missed meetings and a lack of chemistry with head coach Chip Kelly were the original reasons for his fall from grace, sources told NJ.com.

And when the Eagles looked more deeply into why Jackson was missing meetings, they found that his friends were becoming a more powerful -- and negative -- influence in his life.

Then, suddenly, the Eagles had even more serious concerns when they were revealed by NJ.com -- Jackson's continued association with reputed Los Angeles street gang members who have been connected to two homicides since 2010.

STATEMENT: JACKSON SAYS HE'S NEVER BEEN A GANG MEMBER

Ever since New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was arrested and charged with first-degree murder last summer, NFL franchises have been reevaluating how closely they needed to watch their players away from the field. And what Eagles executives saw in Jackson, a six-year veteran, was apparently a potential blight on the brand and a bad influence in the locker room.

Before Jackson was released, a source within the Eagles organization, who requested anonymity, put it: "They are concerned about having him around the younger players."

THE FIRST SIGNS

DeSean Jackson was nowhere near the scene of the crime when, on Dec. 29, 2010, 14-year-old Taburi Watson flashed a rival gang sign at two men as he rode his bicycle through South Los Angeles.

The men, reportedly members of the Crips, responded to the teen's provocative gesture by shooting him multiple times, police said. Paramedics pronounced Watson dead at the scene.

"DeSean Jackson was not part of the case," Jane Robison, a spokesman for the LA District Attorney's Office, told NJ.com. "He was not a charged defendant. He was not a witness."

Jackson was, however, associated with Theron Shakir, one of the two men charged with the murder. Along with co-defendant Marques Binns, Shakir is a purported member of the Crips. In addition, Shakir, known as "T-Ron," is a rapper who recorded for Jaccpot Records, a label owned by Jackson. The two were close enough that they appear together frequently in photographs -- including pictures posted by Jackson to Instagram while Shakir sat in jail awaiting trial for the teen's execution.
The caption?"Free Trezzy #Real1 #Jaccpot" All the Instagram photos that originally appeared in this story were removed from the social media site on Saturday.
desean jaccpot.jpgVia Instagram

Acting on unspecified information that Jackson might have knowledge of Shakir's activities on the night of Watson's murder, LAPD detective Eric Crosson said he interviewed Jackson on the phone in late 2011. Crosson wouldn't reveal details of that conversation, but he described Jackson as "cooperative at the time."

Crosson also told NJ.com that he reached out to the Eagles by phone in early 2011 -- even before he interviewed Jackson -- as a courtesy to alert them to Jackson’s connection to an alleged killer. He never received a response from the team, he said.

The following year, the Eagles signed Jackson to a five-year, $48.5 million contract extension.

When contacted by NJ.com on Wednesday, the Eagles issued a statement that they had "no comment at this time," and team officials would neither confirm nor deny whether anyone in the front office had spoken to Crosson about Jackson’s ties to a homicide suspect. On Thursday, a source in the organization said current front-office members had been unaware of Jackson's links to an alleged killer.

Shakir, who was, in fact, acquitted of Watson's murder and a related gun charge in January 2013, spent more than a year in jail awaiting trial. (Binns was convicted and sentenced to 15 years to life.) In a photo apparently taken shortly after his release, Shakir is shown still wearing his L.A. County Jail T-shirt while someone who appears to be Jackson holds up a Jaccpot chain.

At least one person close to Jackson believes the troubling associations date back to the mid-2000’s, when his father, Bill, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

"The loss of his father was devastating for him," Raul Lara, Jackson's former football coach at Poly High School in Long Beach, California, told NJ.com. "When his dad passed away, I think DeSean started to hang around some not-so-good people."

ANOTHER BAD CONNECTION

A little over a year after the rising NFL star was interviewed by police about his connection to Shakir, Jackson's name once again made its way onto the desk of Detective Crosson.

This time, Jackson's name surfaced as part of an investigation into a 2012 gang-related murder that occurred outside a South Los Angeles business where a party had taken place. The building was owned or leased by a member of Jackson's family, police said.

During a search of the building, Crosson told NJ.com investigators found several documents belonging to Jackson, including a car title, a gun permit issued in New Jersey and credit-card receipts.

After discovering the documents, Crosson said he made multiple attempts to contact Jackson by phone, but never was able to connect with the wide receiver. Crosson added that Jackson was never considered a suspect in the crime.

Despite Jackson's name having come up in connection with two gang-related murders involving Crips, Crosson said police have no hard evidence that Jackson is a member of the gang, which was formed in the late 1960’s and has an estimated 35,000 members across the country. Crosson said, however, the Jackson routinely flashes Crip gang signs in photos on social media -- and even on television during an NFL game.

"You don't want to see anybody throwing up gang signs like he did in the Redskins game last year," Crosson said. "Those were neighborhood Crip gang signs and he flashed them during a game. He may not be affiliated with the gang, but they don't [ordinarily] take kindly to those not in the gang throwing up those gang signs."

Last season, Jackson appeared to throw up the hand gesture in the face of Washington Redskins defensive back DeAngelo Hall after a reception in the Eagles' season-opener. Jackson also can be seen contorting his fingers to make a "C" -- another Crips sign -- in a music video he shot with former fellow Poly High student Snoop Dogg. Jackson flashed it yet again while wearing an Anaheim Angels hat.
desean jackson angels.jpgVia Instagram

Even the name of Jackson's music label, Jaccpot Records, has not gone unnoticed by authorities. Police brought it up to Jackson, Crosson said, when he was interviewed in the investigation of the Watson homicide.

The two C's in Jaccpot, cops believed, were symbolic. Crips avoid putting a "C" next to a "K" because in gangspeak, that stands for "Crip Killer." Crosson said Jackson explained the spelling by saying the Internet domain name for Jackpot "was taken."

"DeSean Jackson is not a gang member," said EAG Management CEO and founder Denise White, Jackson's agent. "He's far, far from it."

White, who would not make Jackson available for an interview, offered no further comment.

CLEAN RECORD?

Despite his connections with reputed gang members and police interest in talking to him in connection with two homicides, Jackson’s supporters say he has otherwise comported himself as a model citizen.

Through court records, however, NJ.com uncovered a previously unreported arrest that occurred in September 2009. Jackson was pulled over for having illegally tinted windows, police said, and during the course of the traffic stop, officers said they discovered marijuana in the vehicle.

Jackson was arrested for possession of marijuana while driving, disturbing the peace and operating a car with materials that obstruct or reduce a driver’s view, according to court documents. The marijuana and illegally tinted windows charges were dropped as part of the plea deal and Jackson pleaded guilty to a disturbing the peace charge in April 2010.

Both the Eagles and a spokesman for the NFL, reached Thursday, declined to comment on the arrest.

Since joining the Eagles in 2008, Jackson -- a three-time Pro Bowl player -- has been an active member of the Philadelphia community and has been involved in several charities. He has been particularly active in campaigning against youth bullying.

Lara, his former high school coach who now is head coach at Warren High School in Downey, Calif., said Jackson has been nothing but friendly when the wide receiver has visited Poly High during NFL bye weeks. Lara added that Jackson has even been willing to bring his anti-bullying message to Warren.

"As a player, he was a great kid for me," Lara said. "I didn't have any issues. I loved his leadership. He had a chip on his shoulder and, as a coach, you like to see that in a great athlete. He had something to prove.

"I was a little worried about him after his father passed. I know his mother tried to get involved [in his life], but I haven't seen any indication [Jackson is involved with gangs] outside of him starting up his rap label. Athletes like to portray a tough image with gangsters and whatever else. Maybe he's playing into that. That's a part of him that I never really saw."

Jackson was actually a crime victim earlier this year as burglars made off with an unknown amount of cash, an estimated $125,000 in jewelry, and two handguns from his South Philly home. Jackson disputed reports that $250,000 in cash was stolen from a safe inside the house and offered a $50,000 reward for information on the crime.

When asked about Jackson’s status at the NFL owners' meetings Tuesday in Orlando, Fla., Eagles general manager Howie Roseman said Jackson is "still under contract for us" and "until there's anything to report on our players, that's where we are now."

Head coach Chip Kelly also dodged questions regarding rumors about trading or releasing Jackson, saying on Wednesday, "I like DeSean, but we're always going to do what's best for the organization."

Follow Eliot Shorr-Parks and A.J. Perez on Twitter at @EliotShorrParks and @AJPerezSports
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Subs - I've read that article before the Skins landed him, and stand by what I previously wrote.

There is NOTHING in that article that concerns me. It's all hearsay from anonymous sources within the Eagles organization who have all the motivation in the world to trash this guy.

it backfired - all they did was lower the market value for their best player, who is now a member of a division rival.

The article is a smear job and a weak one at that.
Through court records, however, NJ.com uncovered a previously unreported arrest that occurred in September 2009. Jackson was pulled over for having illegally tinted windows, police said, and during the course of the traffic stop, officers said they discovered marijuana in the vehicle.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh fuck! This is just like Aaron Hernandez! - This is literally the WORST thing in the article. The rest is nonsense and could apply to about half the white kids of Facebook.

Since joining the Eagles in 2008, Jackson -- a three-time Pro Bowl player -- has been an active member of the Philadelphia community and has been involved in several charities. He has been particularly active in campaigning against youth bullying.

Lara, his former high school coach who now is head coach at Warren High School in Downey, Calif., said Jackson has been nothing but friendly when the wide receiver has visited Poly High during NFL bye weeks. Lara added that Jackson has even been willing to bring his anti-bullying message to Warren.

"As a player, he was a great kid for me," Lara said. "I didn't have any issues. I loved his leadership. He had a chip on his shoulder and, as a coach, you like to see that in a great athlete. He had something to prove.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Subs...I don't blame you for trying to rationalize this disaster for the Eagles. I'd be scrambling to do the same if we handed over RG3 or Alfred Morris to the Eagles for ZERO compensation while having to eat a $6.5 million cap hit, and anonymously blamed it on the time they got pulled over for having a tailight out.

But NJ.com could just as easily have written an article this flimsy about Riley Cooper, who embarrassed your team far worse than DJax ever had last summer. You don't have a problem with him on the team do you?
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Riley Cooper said something stupid one time when he was drunk off his ass at a concert. DeSean Jackson has shown a pattern of bad behavior that could possibly be tied to unsavory people in his life. I honestly think that the gang thing could probably go away if it wasn't for the murders (THANKS AARON HERNANDEZ).

Put it this way: I manage 50 people daily when I'm not posting on Sludge. If I have an employee that said something stupid one time and he cops to it I will discipline him as the infraction warrants. If I have an employee who shows a pattern of bad behavior that is affecting both the culture of the team as well as the public perception AND I find potential reasons for it (cause and effect) I seriously have to weigh the risk/reward of keeping that person around. None of that is rationalization, just looking at the situation through adult eyes and realizing there is a lot more to being on a team than catching a ball.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

You are going to become this years version of P-13 & Neversurrender.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Redman77 wrote:You are going to become this years version of P-13 & Neversurrender.
Which one of us? I'm the one NOT defending DeSean, and I've got ass to eat at home. Don't need to pay for it.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Redman77 wrote:You are going to become this years version of P-13 & Neversurrender.
Come on man. This is a fucking story that is happening RIGHT NOW and there's nothing fucking else going on. IF you want to start some shit about the Lions have at it.

I don't understand why people always bitch about this shit. It's the offseason, FA is over, and nobody is talking shit about anything. The Locker Room is here for this purpose, no?

If you can't bear the sight of a couple guys talking about the NFL as it pertains to their favorite teams, go to the baseball thread. It's pretty active.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Put it this way: I manage 50 people daily when I'm not posting on Sludge. If I have an employee that said something stupid one time and he cops to it I will discipline him as the infraction warrants. If I have an employee who shows a pattern of bad behavior that is affecting both the culture of the team as well as the public perception AND I find potential reasons for it (cause and effect) I seriously have to weigh the risk/reward of keeping that person around. None of that is rationalization, just looking at the situation through adult eyes and realizing there is a lot more to being on a team than catching a ball.
Look I don't actually give a shit about RIley Cooper's N-word debacle and I agree with your assesment of that situation. I'm just saying if people high up in the Eagles organization had it up their craw to smear Cooper in a similar fashion - as opposed to giving him a huge contract - they could have done it.

I totally understand how DeSean has been a distraction for the Eagles, and why Chip Kelly and others in the organization might want him out of town (though I wonder what the players think).

Contract demands...fighting with coaches...this stuff does hold some water and I understand it.

But I think this gang stuff is nonsense and a smokescreen, and I haven't seen anything that lends it serious credibility. I think it goes away and in the end makes the Eagles - and people who took this seriously - look pretty silly.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Are you the only Eagles fan who isn't melting down over the Eagles handing their best player over to a division rival...FOR FREE?

Or have you embraced the angle that this is somehow McNabb/Trotter part II despite the fact that those guys were well into their 30s?
Skins are playing with fire, that's the headline of DeSean's signing on ESPN. His release is actually addition by subtraction.

Personally I don't see DeSean being a problem his first season in Washington. After he proves himself then he'll blow up.

If Foles is the QB he's shown to be, loosing DeSean isn't as big a loss as it looks on paper. I'm convinced Foles will hit any targets they give him.

----------------------------------------------------------------

DeSean comes into Washington wanting to wear #10. :lol:

DeSean "We talked about it a little bit, but there hasn't been a decision that's been made yet so far," Jackson said. "Maybe RGIII will wear No. 3 and I'll try to get 10. We'll see how it goes."

RGIII on twitter - Fans everywhere please calm down. Not changing my # @DeseanJackson10 will kick off his new beginning with us in a new one #HTTR

Off to a good start....
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Crazy Levi wrote: Come on man. This is a fucking story that is happening RIGHT NOW and there's nothing fucking else going on. IF you want to start some shit about the Lions have at it.
I'm good. Our off-season WR acquisition has no gang ties as far as I know.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

Saints agree to terms with S Marcus Ball
New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis says the club and safety Marcus Ball have agreed to the terms of a three-year contract.

The 6-foot-1, 209-pound Ball has played two seasons with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League. He played in collage at Florida State, Pearl River Community College and Memphis.

During the past CFL season, Ball was credited with 69 tackles, four sacks and three interceptions.

He spent his final two college seasons at Memphis, starting both years at free safety. He also appeared in 13 games with Florida State in 2006 and '07.
Any CFL fans know anything about this guy?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Alabama Slammer wrote:Saints agree to terms with S Marcus Ball
New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis says the club and safety Marcus Ball have agreed to the terms of a three-year contract.

The 6-foot-1, 209-pound Ball has played two seasons with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League. He played in collage at Florida State, Pearl River Community College and Memphis.

During the past CFL season, Ball was credited with 69 tackles, four sacks and three interceptions.

He spent his final two college seasons at Memphis, starting both years at free safety. He also appeared in 13 games with Florida State in 2006 and '07.
Any CFL fans know anything about this guy?
Most post in the slow moving CFL thread. I'm an Argonauts fan but have no outlet to watch their games. By the time I did it was the Cup. There's talent in Canada and several CFL players crossed the border this season.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Wolf can probably give you the rundown if he pokes his head in here.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Wolf can probably give you the rundown if he pokes his head in here.
I can't think of any current players with CFL backgrounds. Rocket Ismail?

CFL thread.....Kansas City Chiefs pick up border jumper WR Weston Dressler from the Saskatchewan Roughriders Canadian Football League. Going to compete for the Slot.

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/03/22/49 ... ssler.html

------------------------------------------------------------

CFLers in the NFL Master List - TSN.ca
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/feature/?id=76916

Brandon Browner got a ring with Seahawks this year

Eagles smuggled - Chris McCoy & Phillip Hunt
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:
DeSean comes into Washington wanting to wear #10. :lol:
Off to a good start....
I think it was joke man.

bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

I don't know if there is anything to the gang ties thing, but the fact that Jackson didn't return multiple calls from his head coach in the off season is enough. He's a great player, but apparantky he's also an asshole.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote:I don't know if there is anything to the gang ties thing, but the fact that Jackson didn't return multiple calls from his head coach in the off season is enough. He's a great player, but apparantky he's also an asshole.
This is true.

He's also an asshole who will cost the Redskins $4.25 million in cap space in 2014.

He'll cost the Eagles $6.25 million in cap space in 2014.

This amuses me. It's almost always the Redskins on the other side of those kind of cap debacles.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

And again, where has it gotten you? Though Jacccccpot is a steal at that amount.