The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Alabama Slammer »

I liked the Saints pick of the WR out of OSU, but I didn't like the move up to get him. I know they were trying to get ahead of Philly to grab him, but for the move up, I felt like we should have gone with Denard, the CB out of MSU.
bane wrote:I can't believe what Buffalo did. Watkins better be Megatron 2.0 or they're screwed.
He's another diva WR. Buffalo will be tired of him before his rookie contract plays out. He's good, damn good, but I think his attitude will eventually get him run out of town.
ultraphobic71
Headlining Clubs

Post by ultraphobic71 »

AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

I guess Johnny Football will be a bust. The Browns took him, that is enough for any jury.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

ultraphobic71 wrote:Image

Looks like the Animal Control Officers takeoff of Reno 911, Houston 411.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

Post by K.K.VanMalmsteen »

I would destroy Suzy Kolber's fartbox with an absolute fury.
eddie lee roth wrote:If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya before we blow each other you've come to the wrong place motherfucker.
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am Ready, Set, Anal.
$tEvil
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

K.K.VanMalmsteen wrote:I would destroy Suzy Kolber's fartbox with an absolute fury.
She gets better with age. I wanted her in the worst way when she debuted ESPN 2 with Olbermann.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

ultraphobic71 wrote:*******

I just noticed your sig, is that Little Enos from Smokey and the Bandit?

Or was you volunteering at some hospital make a bish foundation?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
K.K.VanMalmsteen wrote:I would destroy Suzy Kolber's fartbox with an absolute fury.
She gets better with age. I wanted her in the worst way when she debuted ESPN 2 with Olbermann.
Can't be talked about without.....

Joe namath wants to kiss suzy kolber
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc65NC44dSk
K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

Ok so Michael Sam is gay and personally I couldn't care less. Congrats to him on getting drafted, and to the Rams for getting a solid football player in the 7th round. I hope the guy makes the roster...

But....I really could have done without him and his little white twink eating cake out of each other's mouths. I think that little show is going to be too much for guys in the locker room that may not have really cared about what the dude does in the privacy of his own bedroom...

No need to shove it down people's throats.
8)
eddie lee roth wrote:If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya before we blow each other you've come to the wrong place motherfucker.
$tEvil
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

K.K.VanMalmsteen wrote:Ok so Michael Sam is gay and personally I couldn't care less. Congrats to him on getting drafted, and to the Rams for getting a solid football player in the 7th round. I hope the guy makes the roster...

But....I really could have done without him and his little white twink eating cake out of each other's mouths. I think that little show is going to be too much for guys in the locker room that may not have really cared about what the dude does in the privacy of his own bedroom...

8)
Strikes me that how the locker room feels about it is his problem, not yours, and how you feel about it is your problem, not his.

Unless he did something that would have shocked people had it been with a girl, then it's either a non-issue, or all this talk about equality is bullshit.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Lol @ homophobe complaining about gays "shoving it down our throats."

I have to wonder why they ALWAYS use that line. It's in the fucking handbook.

It's almost as if they secretly want something shoved down their throats.
K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

demolition23 wrote:
K.K.VanMalmsteen wrote:Ok so Michael Sam is gay and personally I couldn't care less. Congrats to him on getting drafted, and to the Rams for getting a solid football player in the 7th round. I hope the guy makes the roster...

8)
Strikes me that how the locker room feels about it is his problem, not yours, and how you feel about it is your problem, not his.

Unless he did something that would have shocked people had it been with a girl, then it's either a non-issue, or all this talk about equality is bullshit.
Yes, I would have felt the over the top PDA with the cake smashing etc was unnecessary even if it was a guy and his chick.

And feel free to cue up the homophobe bullshit (Levi). Like I said, I couldn't care less if he's gay. I have gay men in my immediate family, so whatever. My point being that we can all understand that the NFL and it's fans aren't exactly the gay friendly target group. So where people might be willing to accept what he does in private, riling up the retards by smearing cake and kissing all over his little white boyfriend may not be in Michael's own best interest. Or the interest of people who just want him to be judged by what he does on the field instead of off the field.
$tEvil
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Sorry bro.

You pegged yourself as a homophobe as soon as you let loose with "cramming it down our throat" line. It's the modern equivalent of "I got no problem with blacks - I just can't stand niggers!"

It's page 1 of the homophobe handbook. A stupid, meaningless phrase that one idiot said once, and it magically and immediately reaonated with countless other idiots. It's moronic in its simplicity, yet offensive in its denotation - a phrase that basically says the only acceptable "gay" is the 1980s TV version. An asexual, invisible kind of gay which the "enlightened homophobe" is willing to accept - but which anything beyond is offensive and a call to arms.

It makes absolutely no sense for him to not cram his gayness down your throat. As the years go by, you'll find more and more gayness crammed down your throat, until your throat is completely full of gay.

The writing is on the wall man. Lead, follow, or get out of the way. It doesn't really matter though. Whichever option you take you will accept with a huge mass of gay lodged firmly inside your trachea.

Welcome to 2014 man.

And bonus points for obviously being irritated by the interracial aspect of this particular gay-cramming, and for managing to shoehorn "I have gay friends into" your rebuttal.

You are truly firing on all cylinders.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

I'm more disappointed he has a white girlfriend.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I'm more disappointed he has a white girlfriend.
Your allowed to have a white girlfriend if you play professional sports though. In some cases it's required.
FullMetalWhackit

Post by FullMetalWhackit »

Drafted by the RAMS. 8)

veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

Crazy Levi wrote:Sorry bro.

It makes absolutely no sense for him to not cram his gayness down your throat. As the years go by, you'll find more and more gayness crammed down your throat, until your throat is completely full of gay.

The writing is on the wall man. Lead, follow, or get out of the way. It doesn't really matter though. Whichever option you take you will accept with a huge mass of gay lodged firmly inside your trachea.
:lol:
Good stuff. Most importantly, well written.

your buddy,
Artemis
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I'm more disappointed he has a white girlfriend.
:lol:
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

The Patriots' draft was mostly horrible.
Double ACL injured player with your first round pick (Easley's upside is fucking huge IF he doesn't mechanical legs attached to his body), and a fucking quarterback in the second round(????) and then garbage the rest of the way....

Sure not taking advantage of Brady's window in many ways....
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

If you thought a lot Rams fans were gay before last weekend . . .
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Rageman wrote:If you thought a lot Rams fans were gay before last weekend . . .
kylel

Post by kylel »

FUUUUCKKKK!!!!

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers Pro Bowl defensive end Greg Hardy has been charged in an incident of alleged domestic violence involving his girlfriend.

WSOC-TV in Charlotte first was told of the arrest by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.

"We are very disappointed to learn of the allegations involving Greg and are concerned for all parties as we continue to investigate," the Panthers said in a statement.

According to the police report, at 4:18 a.m. on Tuesday, officers responded to a domestic violence assault call for service in the 100 block of North Tryon Street. Upon arrival they spoke to the woman, who told them she had been physically assaulted and threatened by Hardy. She also said she and Hardy have been in a relationship since September 2013.

Hardy, who also goes by his alter persona "The Kraken,'' led the Panthers in sacks this past season with 15. He was given the franchise tag during the offseason, guaranteeing him $13.1 million in 2014.

Carolina general manager Dave Gettleman has said repeatedly he hopes to sign the 2010 sixth-round pick to a long-term contract.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I'm saying it now, Carolina Panthers will have an average year at best. CamBow Newton don't have the help needed and he'll have a CamBow type year.
Kamikaze_Russo

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

Just wait for the media backlash when Michael Sam gets cut. 7th round picks don't usually make the team, and if he doesn't... a lot of people will say it's because he's gay.

ESPN is like the paparazzi these days. They knew exactly what there were doing in camping out at Sam's party... waiting for that footage. I thought it was in bad taste, but not necessarily for the kiss... but the man was breaking down & crying... for almost a minute. Isn't THAT where ESPN should have turned the cameras away and said... "...very emotional time for Michael Sam. Let's give him a moment to take all of this in."
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I agree with everything you said. I hope he makes it though, he came across in the press conference as a really great person. Now mind you I can't remember a 7th round pick who has ever gotten a press conference before.
scarred but smarter
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Andre Johnson is making noise about wanting to be traded. Can't say I blame him, but, damn.
kylel

Post by kylel »

UtahRatt wrote:I'm saying it now, Carolina Panthers will have an average year at best. CamBow Newton don't have the help needed and he'll have a CamBow type year.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We will see. They still have a wicked defense, and yes they did loose a lot on the offense but I have a good feeling about it... They are doing with the offense what they did with the defense a couple years ago and look at the defense now.. Insane...
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

bane wrote:Andre Johnson is making noise about wanting to be traded. Can't say I blame him, but, damn.
O'Brien did want Mallett, Patriots need receivers.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

AliceManson wrote:
bane wrote:Andre Johnson is making noise about wanting to be traded. Can't say I blame him, but, damn.
That would be a sweet deal.

But the numbers appear prohibitive for both the Texas ($12M in dead cap money) and the suitors (although i am sure they could restructure his deal)
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

AliceManson wrote:
I don't know how much truth there was to that rumor, and I don't know if Mallet is any good. He's completed what, 4 passes? but I'd rather see them do something like that than trade him for a 3rd like I've been seeing suggested. Texans are a QB away from being really good again.