Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

Mike Trout won his 2nd ASG MVP this year. These are his peers that also won 2 MVPs ( none back to back ).

Mike Trout
2014. 2015.
Gary Carter
1981. 1984.
Steve Garvey
1974. 1978.
Willie Mays
1964. 1968.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

The Franchise Four was revealed during the ASG. These were voted on by the fans and for the most part I agree. I'll post the results with my thoughts in blue.

Greatest Living Players
Hank Aaron
Johnny Bench
Sandy Koufax
Willie Mays

It's pretty clear that Johnny Bench is the best catcher of all time, but I'm not sure he belongs in the company of Aaron, Mays, and Koufax. That might have been because the ASG was in Cincy.

Nolan Ryan is in 3 of the teams he played for all time great list. I'm not in agreement with his exclusion, or maybe Griffey Jr., etc. Are we excluding players with ties to PEDs? Aaron admitted the use of "greenies" ( which weren't banned. As much as I hate Barry Balco and AsteriskRod, it's hard to not include them in the GOAT list. ) Bonds has his Pirates days without PEDs to pad his argument. Still it's open to discussion.

Greatest Negro Leagues Players
Cool Papa Bell
Josh Gibson
Buck O'Neil
Satchel Paige

If ANY of these 4 were still alive they could be on the 'All Time Greatest Living' list. They were that fucking good.

Greatest Pioneers
Walter Johnson
Nap Lajoie
Christy Mathewson
Cy Young

Angels
Vladimir Guerrero
Nolan Ryan
Tim Salmon
Mike Trout

I'm not in disagreement, but I remember David Eckstein ( the X Factor ) being a bigger piece of the '02 Angels. Plus Salmon was on the Mitchell Report, and admitted the use of PEDs. Where do you draw the line?

Astros
Jeff Bagwell
Lance Berkman
Craig Biggio
Nolan Ryan

No Roger Clemens or Andy Pettite. Houston made the WS with them on the team. Of course they were both juiced. Andy admits it, Rajah still denies it.....even though his wife got HGH from his trainer...as did Pettite. Can't argue with Nolan and the "Killer Bs," but it's still weird not seeing both of them there.

Athletics
Dennis Eckersley
Jimmie Foxx
Rickey Henderson
Reggie Jackson

I would have Dave Stewart. He was such a force in 1989. Plus I still see Eck as a starter for Boston that became ineffective. Eckersley then went to Oakland where he met Canseco and had a career rejuvenation....kind of like Clemens in Toronto.

Blue Jays
Roberto Alomar
Joe Carter
Carlos Delgado
Roy Halladay

Braves
Hank Aaron
Chipper Jones
Greg Maddux
Warren Spahn

The Braves are one of the difficult ones. Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz could fill out 3 by themselves. Plus there was this guy named David Justice that was kinda alright too.

Brewers
Cecil Cooper
Rollie Fingers
Paul Molitor
Robin Yount

Rollie Fingers could also be on the A's top 4.

Cardinals
Lou Brock
Bob Gibson
Rogers Hornsby
Stan Musial

Cubs
Ernie Banks
Ryne Sandberg
Ron Santo
Billy Williams

No matter what anyone says, I will never support Ron Santo. It still blows my mind that guy is in the HOF. There was a famous poem written about the 1908 ( 1910 publish ) Cubs infield. 'Tinkers to Evers to Chance.' I would take any of them above Santo. Especially Johnny Evers.

D-backs
Paul Goldschmidt
Luis Gonzalez
Randy Johnson
Curt Schilling

Dodgers
Don Drysdale
Sandy Koufax
Jackie Robinson
Duke Snider

This one has to be difficult. I'm not saying I would take him over Koufax, but Fernando Valenzula was pretty awesome. Plus I feel weird having any "Of All Time" and LAD without having Tommy Lasorda there in some way.

Giants
Barry Bonds
Willie Mays
Willie McCovey
Buster Posey

Another tricky one. McCovey, Marchial, Matthewson, Clark, Mitchell. Buster has 3 rings, but is still a fairly newish player. Also....Bonds? Maybe it's my childhood calling, but it's hard for me make an SF list without including Will Clark.

Indians
Bob Feller
Tris Speaker
Jim Thome
Omar Vizquel

Mariners
Ken Griffey Jr.
Felix Hernandez
Edgar Martinez
Ichiro Suzuki

Marlins
Jeff Conine
Mike Lowell
Gary Sheffield
Giancarlo Stanton

Josh Beckett is not in over Gary Sheffroid? How is that even possible?

Mets
Keith Hernandez
Mike Piazza
Tom Seaver
David Wright

He wasn't there too long, but Nolan was part of the 1969 Miracle Mets. Just sayin' that guy has an argument for every team he has played for. Yet, not on the All Time Great Living Player list.

Nationals/Expos
Gary Carter
Andre Dawson
Vladimir Guerrero
Tim Raines

Tim Raines is not in the HOF. Think about that. Ozzie Smith is ( agree ), but Raines is not. Do not get it. Ron fucking Santo is, but no Raines.

Orioles
Jim Palmer
Cal Ripken Jr.
Brooks Robinson
Frank Robinson

Padres
Tony Gwynn
Trevor Hoffman
Randy Jones
Dave Winfield

Phillies
Richie Ashburn
Steve Carlton
Robin Roberts
Mike Schmidt

Pirates
Roberto Clemente
Bill Mazeroski
Willie Stargell
Honus Wagner

I'm not in disagreement with the list, but it's debatable that Bonds could very easily be included. I would have him on the Pirates list before SF.

Rangers
Adrian Beltre
Ivan Rodriguez
Nolan Ryan
Michael Young

Another Nolan inclusion.

Rays
Evan Longoria
David Price
James Shields
Ben Zobrist

Red Sox
Pedro Martinez
David Ortiz
Ted Williams
Carl Yastrzemski

Not in disagreement. I just want to bring up that Clemens WAR is like 30 higher than Pedro. I would take Pedro over anyone, but I wonder if Clemens time with the MFY influenced the fan vote. I would like to see where he actually ranked on the fan vote. See: Wade Boggs.

Reds
Johnny Bench
Barry Larkin
Joe Morgan
Pete Rose

I was always a Chris Sabo fan but wouldn't include him on the list. He annoys me on broadcasts but I love Joe Morgan, the greatest 2B of all time.

Rockies
Andres Galarraga
Todd Helton
Troy Tulowitzki
Larry Walker

Royals
George Brett
Dan Quisenberry
Bret Saberhagen
Frank White

I'm surprised the idiot KC fans didn't vote for someone like Salvador Perez.

Tigers
Miguel Cabrera
Ty Cobb
Hank Greenberg
Al Kaline

Twins
Rod Carew
Harmon Killebrew
Tony Oliva
Kirby Puckett

White Sox
Harold Baines
Paul Konerko
Minnie Minoso
Frank Thomas

I'm again not in disagreement, but I wonder where some of the 8 from 1919 came in. Joe Jackson and Buck Weaver had to rank pretty high.

Yankees
Joe DiMaggio
Lou Gehrig
Mickey Mantle
Babe Ruth

I read some MFY fan reactions about no Yogi Berra on the list of 'Greatest Living Players.' I would take Mariano over Berra on that one, but really for the Franchise Four and NYY is there any argument other than these four? They have an incredible history, but these four are the tops.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

killeverything wrote: Nationals/Expos
Gary Carter
Andre Dawson
Vladimir Guerrero
Tim Raines

Tim Raines is not in the HOF. Think about that. Ozzie Smith is ( agree ), but Raines is not. Do not get it. Ron fucking Santo is, but no Raines.
There have been a few good Nationals, but glad to see my Expos got all the love and were not ignored.

I can't argue with that list, and Rock sure as hell is a Hall of Famer.

A few others who could have been considered:

Pedro Martinez - became PEDRO pitching for the Expos and playing for Felipe Alou
Steve Rodgers - the ace for many years, and he was heroic in beating Steve Carlton TWICE in the 1981 divisional series
Dennis Martinez - was the heart and soul of the staff for many years, and who can forget his perfect game
Rusty Staub - Le Grand Orange was VERY popular here

Personal favorites of mine, but not in the same league: Ellis Valentine, Moises Alou, Al Oliver, John Wetteland, Jeff Reardon, Henry Rodriguez, Warren Cromartie, Ron Leflore, Andres Gallaraga, Tim Wallach, and Bill Lee.

Probably many others I forgot.

Damn, I saw some good baseball here back in the day!
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

WOLF wrote:Probably many others I forgot.

Damn, I saw some good baseball here back in the day!
He came up and I still picture Larry Walker as an Expos even tho he only put in like 5 years but I was lucky to watch him play for years with the Rockies. Walker, Gallaraga, Vinny Castilla, Dante Bichette..........Fuck the Rockies had a mean line up for a number of years in the 90's, I still remember their entrance music. Walkers was Crazy Train.

It kind of hurt to see Walker leave, Gallaraga took over for a short stint but I was there Todd Helton took his first pitch and start his first season. No doubts.

----------------------

Sunday, June 30, 1996, Coors Field Attendance: 48,103, Time of Game: 4:20
The best game ever. At the time it was the longest 9 inning game in history. 4hours 20minutes

Dodgers 15R 18H
Rockies 16R 20H

The win and loss went to the 9th inning pitchers...

If you look at this box score you'll get a kick. 10 HR's, Eric Young tied a record with 6 stolen bases 5 off Nomo....Then the 9th inning happened...

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 6300.shtml

The night before June 29 1996.....Another epic, got picks from 10 rows behind LAD dugout.
Dodgers 13
Rockies 10

Dodgers were up 13-0 in the 8th when the Rockies put up 8 in the 8th and 2 in the 9th...

Piazza, Karros and Mondesi went back to back to back.....Colorado is a stadium all fans should see a series, at least when the Rockies have a line up.....54 RUNS in two games. 85 RUNS in the 4 game set.
Rockies scored, 13, 13, 10, 16 in the 4 game set. Rockies took 3 out of 4.

Then on Sept. 17, 1996, I got to watch Hideo Nomo throw a no-hitter.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

wickedsensation wrote:I was at the Futures Game and the Softball Game on Sunday, had a blast. UtahRatt, funny you mentioned Snoop's comments after he struck her out -- I thought I heard him say that too, but I wasn't 100% sure. Glad I'm not the only one that heard that! :lol:
:lol:

I haven't done any searches but I know Snoop said it, You're out Bitch! The TV camera was on his face, I was watching his lips as he said it! Of course he started off with BBB then went quieter during the ITCH! Like he instantly knew he was mic'ed, but I know he said it, I was laughing all the way waiting for some kind of reaction.

Glad you had fun.

I seen a bunch of pictures of Frazer dad throwing early today. Fielder was pointing all of them out during his battle and during Joc's. I guess the ump lived close to the park, why have and ump if he just let him get away with it all night. Fielder was the most, not really upset but bewildered by it. There's a picture of him actually standing up in front of the players and pointing. Fielder could have won his match. Joc for sure, a fan replay showed 4 of Frazer's HR's during Joc's match were early.
Oh well. Frazer's the man, not a big deal just kind of rigged...Funny for an AllStar Derby to play that shit.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

Think Tim sniffed his MVP trophy when he got it home?

saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Redman77 wrote:Think Tim sniffed his MVP trophy when he got it home?

No. He was huffin' that shit on the way to his car.
Mazerati
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Mazerati »

killeverything wrote:The Franchise Four was revealed during the ASG. These were voted on by the fans and for the most part I agree. I'll post the results with my thoughts in blue.

Greatest Living Players
Hank Aaron
Johnny Bench
Sandy Koufax
Willie Mays

It's pretty clear that Johnny Bench is the best catcher of all time, but I'm not sure he belongs in the company of Aaron, Mays, and Koufax. That might have been because the ASG was in Cincy.

Nolan Ryan is in 3 of the teams he played for all time great list. I'm not in agreement with his exclusion, or maybe Griffey Jr., etc. Are we excluding players with ties to PEDs? Aaron admitted the use of "greenies" ( which weren't banned. As much as I hate Barry Balco and AsteriskRod, it's hard to not include them in the GOAT list. ) Bonds has his Pirates days without PEDs to pad his argument. Still it's open to discussion.

Greatest Negro Leagues Players
Cool Papa Bell
Josh Gibson
Buck O'Neil
Satchel Paige

If ANY of these 4 were still alive they could be on the 'All Time Greatest Living' list. They were that fucking good.

Greatest Pioneers
Walter Johnson
Nap Lajoie
Christy Mathewson
Cy Young

Angels
Vladimir Guerrero
Nolan Ryan
Tim Salmon
Mike Trout

I'm not in disagreement, but I remember David Eckstein ( the X Factor ) being a bigger piece of the '02 Angels. Plus Salmon was on the Mitchell Report, and admitted the use of PEDs. Where do you draw the line?

Astros
Jeff Bagwell
Lance Berkman
Craig Biggio
Nolan Ryan

No Roger Clemens or Andy Pettite. Houston made the WS with them on the team. Of course they were both juiced. Andy admits it, Rajah still denies it.....even though his wife got HGH from his trainer...as did Pettite. Can't argue with Nolan and the "Killer Bs," but it's still weird not seeing both of them there.

Athletics
Dennis Eckersley
Jimmie Foxx
Rickey Henderson
Reggie Jackson

I would have Dave Stewart. He was such a force in 1989. Plus I still see Eck as a starter for Boston that became ineffective. Eckersley then went to Oakland where he met Canseco and had a career rejuvenation....kind of like Clemens in Toronto.

Blue Jays
Roberto Alomar
Joe Carter
Carlos Delgado
Roy Halladay

Braves
Hank Aaron
Chipper Jones
Greg Maddux
Warren Spahn

The Braves are one of the difficult ones. Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz could fill out 3 by themselves. Plus there was this guy named David Justice that was kinda alright too.

Brewers
Cecil Cooper
Rollie Fingers
Paul Molitor
Robin Yount

Rollie Fingers could also be on the A's top 4.

Cardinals
Lou Brock
Bob Gibson
Rogers Hornsby
Stan Musial

Cubs
Ernie Banks
Ryne Sandberg
Ron Santo
Billy Williams

No matter what anyone says, I will never support Ron Santo. It still blows my mind that guy is in the HOF. There was a famous poem written about the 1908 ( 1910 publish ) Cubs infield. 'Tinkers to Evers to Chance.' I would take any of them above Santo. Especially Johnny Evers.

D-backs
Paul Goldschmidt
Luis Gonzalez
Randy Johnson
Curt Schilling

Dodgers
Don Drysdale
Sandy Koufax
Jackie Robinson
Duke Snider

This one has to be difficult. I'm not saying I would take him over Koufax, but Fernando Valenzula was pretty awesome. Plus I feel weird having any "Of All Time" and LAD without having Tommy Lasorda there in some way.

Giants
Barry Bonds
Willie Mays
Willie McCovey
Buster Posey

Another tricky one. McCovey, Marchial, Matthewson, Clark, Mitchell. Buster has 3 rings, but is still a fairly newish player. Also....Bonds? Maybe it's my childhood calling, but it's hard for me make an SF list without including Will Clark.

Indians
Bob Feller
Tris Speaker
Jim Thome
Omar Vizquel

Mariners
Ken Griffey Jr.
Felix Hernandez
Edgar Martinez
Ichiro Suzuki

Marlins
Jeff Conine
Mike Lowell
Gary Sheffield
Giancarlo Stanton

Josh Beckett is not in over Gary Sheffroid? How is that even possible?

Mets
Keith Hernandez
Mike Piazza
Tom Seaver
David Wright

He wasn't there too long, but Nolan was part of the 1969 Miracle Mets. Just sayin' that guy has an argument for every team he has played for. Yet, not on the All Time Great Living Player list.

Nationals/Expos
Gary Carter
Andre Dawson
Vladimir Guerrero
Tim Raines

Orioles
Jim Palmer
Cal Ripken Jr.
Brooks Robinson
Frank Robinson

Padres
Tony Gwynn
Trevor Hoffman
Randy Jones
Dave Winfield

Phillies
Richie Ashburn
Steve Carlton
Robin Roberts
Mike Schmidt

Pirates
Roberto Clemente
Bill Mazeroski
Willie Stargell
Honus Wagner

I'm not in disagreement with the list, but it's debatable that Bonds could very easily be included. I would have him on the Pirates list before SF.

Rangers
Adrian Beltre
Ivan Rodriguez
Nolan Ryan
Michael Young

Another Nolan inclusion.

Rays
Evan Longoria
David Price
James Shields
Ben Zobrist

Red Sox
Pedro Martinez
David Ortiz
Ted Williams
Carl Yastrzemski

Not in disagreement. I just want to bring up that Clemens WAR is like 30 higher than Pedro. I would take Pedro over anyone, but I wonder if Clemens time with the MFY influenced the fan vote. I would like to see where he actually ranked on the fan vote. See: Wade Boggs.

Reds
Johnny Bench
Barry Larkin
Joe Morgan
Pete Rose

I was always a Chris Sabo fan but wouldn't include him on the list. He annoys me on broadcasts but I love Joe Morgan, the greatest 2B of all time.

Rockies
Andres Galarraga
Todd Helton
Troy Tulowitzki
Larry Walker

Royals
George Brett
Dan Quisenberry
Bret Saberhagen
Frank White

I'm surprised the idiot KC fans didn't vote for someone like Salvador Perez.

Tigers
Miguel Cabrera
Ty Cobb
Hank Greenberg
Al Kaline

Twins
Rod Carew
Harmon Killebrew
Tony Oliva
Kirby Puckett

White Sox
Harold Baines
Paul Konerko
Minnie Minoso
Frank Thomas

I'm again not in disagreement, but I wonder where some of the 8 from 1919 came in. Joe Jackson and Buck Weaver had to rank pretty high.

Yankees
Joe DiMaggio
Lou Gehrig
Mickey Mantle
Babe Ruth

I read some MFY fan reactions about no Yogi Berra on the list of 'Greatest Living Players.' I would take Mariano over Berra on that one, but really for the Franchise Four and NYY is there any argument other than these four? They have an incredible history, but these four are the tops.

Ya know as a life long Cub fan and a person who saw Rynos whole career...I think he's always been a tad over rated...I don't think he belongs in the franchise 4
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

*edited
Last edited by killeverything on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Mazerati wrote:
killeverything wrote: Cubs
Ernie Banks
Ryne Sandberg
Ron Santo
Billy Williams

Ya know as a life long Cub fan and a person who saw Rynos whole career...I think he's always been a tad over rated...I don't think he belongs in the franchise 4
Who would you have? I would have normally assumed everyone wanted Sandberg, he was a fan favorite. Mark Grace, Andre Dawson?
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Look what I found!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

"Big Game" Kershaw :lol:

Please do not mention his name in the same breathe as Koufax ever again.
Mazerati
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Mazerati »

killeverything wrote:
Mazerati wrote:
killeverything wrote: Cubs
Ernie Banks
Ryne Sandberg
Ron Santo
Billy Williams

Who would you have? I would have normally assumed everyone wanted Sandberg, he was a fan favorite. Mark Grace, Andre Dawson?
Both good choices but probably Fergie Jenkins...16 wins short of 300 & over 3,000 strikeouts
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Matt Holiday activated from DL.

Freddie Gonzalez receives one year extension from Braves with team options for '17 & 18.

LAD is going after Cueto and/or Hammels hard. That would be terrifying. Then there is possibly only one chance Kershaw will get to fuck them in the post season. I don't think Greinke can continue his dominance in the second half.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Kershaw first pitcher in 100 years with 10+ K 0BB 0R in 2 starts.

Jon Lester took a no hitter into the 8th. 11th pitcher this season to have a no hitter broken up after 7th inning.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Kershaw first pitcher in 100 years with 10+ K 0BB 0R in 2 starts.

Jon Lester took a no hitter into the 8th. 11th pitcher this season to have a no hitter broken up after 7th inning.
8IP 14SO Clayton struck out two Nationals in every inning he pitched except the eighth.
14 strike outs...KKKKKKKKKKKKKK
http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/28033182/v ... ss-innings

After a poor 9 game season start he's turned it around, May 21st 4.32 to July 18th 2.68 - Over his last four starts, Kershaw has thrown 31 innings, striking out 43 and walking two while allowing two earned runs.

Lester won a game! It took over two months but he did it! May 16th to July 18th.
Clearly Lester is due for a better second half and I think the Cub's will as well. At this point the Cub's just might be in for a WC spot.
Problem for the Cub's......Dodgers and Giants.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I'm expecting both Chicago and Lester to turn it around in the 2nd half. The Cubs have too much talent not to and a great manager. Lester's struggles were uncharacteristic. We'll see though, because I'm surprised by Seattle's season so far too.

SF's Andrew Susac out a couple weeks with thumb sprain. Hector Sanchez recalled from AAA Sacramento.

This is a few days old but still cracks me up.
Torri Hunter received a walker and diapers for his 40th birthday from teammates.

killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Arodis Chapman fastest in mlb history to 500K ( 282IP ).

Greinke's scorless streak at 43.2IP.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Arodis Chapman fastest in mlb history to 500K ( 282IP ).

I've been trying to remember that dudes name. I watched Arodis pitch during a game and was impressed but couldn't remember his name for the life of me.

Greinke retires 28 straight batters, spread across two starts, for 'hidden' perfecto pushes streak to 43.2IP.

killeverything wrote:I don't think Greinke can continue his dominance in the second half.
9W 2L 1.30ERA .82WHIP .187AVG Not allowing a run since June 13......Ya, I think that would be hard to continue but pretty impressive to this point unless your name is PEDRO! If he was a Giant you'd be wearing his jersey you know it!
I'm gonna buy you one anyway.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:Arodis Chapman fastest in mlb history to 500K ( 282IP ).

I've been trying to remember that dudes name. I watched Arodis pitch during a game and was impressed but couldn't remember his name for the life of me.

Greinke retires 28 straight batters, spread across two starts, for 'hidden' perfecto pushes streak to 43.2IP.

killeverything wrote:I don't think Greinke can continue his dominance in the second half.
9W 2L 1.30ERA .82WHIP .187AVG Not allowing a run since June 13......Ya, I think that would be hard to continue but pretty impressive to this point unless your name is PEDRO! If he was a Giant you'd be wearing his jersey you know it!
I'm gonna buy you one anyway.
No. I just don't like him. He's a talented pitcher for sure though, but he's always whining about something, because he has anxiety issues or some shit. In fact he flipped out in the lockerroom because players weren't washing their hands. I fucking crap you negative.

In fact here's fellow noted d-bag Bryce Harper on Greinke.

When asked about the Dodgers All-Star's dominant day on the mound (three hits allowed, 11 strikeouts), Harper spoke coolly, per CSN Washington's Chase Hughes. He described Greinke as "OK," "good" and "great" throughout the presser, but he said the hurler's pitching received help from questionable umping Sunday.

"I think [Greinke] was OK. When you're getting five to six inches off of the plate, you better win the game," Harper said. "For me, I don't think he was very tough. He's a great pitcher, he does what he does, but when you're getting six inches off the plate it's pretty tough to face him."

I swear if that dude was anymore of a dickhole he would be playing for NYY.

Kershaw OTOH is a likeable player. Sure I want him to lose, but he's also a guy you kinda cheer for. I don't think he really has any haters.

Anyways. Dallas Keuchel and Lorenzo Cain named AL co-players of the week. I don't know who got the NL nod, funnily it was probably Zach Greinke :lol:

Nori Aoki ( fractured fibula ) to begin rehab assignment with AAA Sacramento tomorrow.

White Sox listening to trade offers. Supposedly Chris Sale is off limits so it's more than likely Samardjzia.

Baltimore sign 19 year old Japanese INF Gui Yuan.

St. Louis calls up top prospect Stephen Piscotty in an attempt to jump start an inconsistent offense. I swear that org. seems to breed nothing but superstars so I expect this one to go the same way.

SF DFA Jean Machi. Tim Hudson reinstated for tonight's start against SD.

Pirates SS Jordy Mercer has sprained MCL. Likely out 6 weeks.

*edit

Albert Pujols hits HR #548 tying Mike Schmidt ( #15 ) on the all time list.

Tim Lincecum has a degenerative hip condition.

Report: Tigers to put Price and Cespedes on trade market.
Last edited by killeverything on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Check this shit out. Brandon Phillips Play Of The Year nominee.

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:No. I just don't like him. He's a talented pitcher for sure though, but he's always whining about something, because he has anxiety issues or some shit. In fact he flipped out in the lockerroom because players weren't washing their hands. I fucking crap you negative.

It figures Harper would exaggerate about balls and strikes, "I think [Greinke] was OK. When you're getting five to six inches off of the plate, you better win the game,"

5" to 6" off the plate.......Come on Bryce. If that's the case Clayton's CLEAR Strike in the AllStar game would have been a big deal, every announcer said it was a strike and no runs would have been given up but it wasn't a big deal and moved on.
Bryce is a competitor and I'm sure that shit was said after the game when you're pumped and lost. It's not like Greinke is getting 6" off the plate since the season began let alone the last 43 innings.

I totally feel for Greinke and this goes back to before he threw a pitch for the Dodgers. I seen a segment on Zak with Bryant Gumbel. Greinke has serious problems, it amazes me he can pitch. It dates back to high school and him leaving the Royals for 2 months to hide away. He can't deal with crowd's or people and is totally up front about it in the way....I don't know what's wrong with me, not the feel sorry for himself type. He'd read self help books and everything to fix himself. The segment did make me feel sorry for the dude, everyone has their problems and quirks, most players bitch about one thing or another because they're pampered.
For Zak driving to the ball park is a task, the only place he feels comfortable in on the mound.....Not at home or anywhere else.
It was a good segment, didn't make want to meet the dude but I felt for what he's over come not only to play but to be great when you have players out there like Hamilton will all the talent in the world who takes things for granted and likes to fuck up.

All players have issues. Zak's "social anxiety disorder and clinical depression" is a trip when you figure he can't walk down the street or drive to the park without clinching his fists yet he stands on the mound in front of fifty thousand and does what he does.

When it came to the Dodgers, unlike any other player, LAD didn't send a group to his house in Orlando. Zak and his wife flew to LA, showed up at the stadium alone without agents and said, this is me, this is what I'm dealing with and I'll answer any thing you want. I'm not going to be good with team chemistry I have issues but I'll give you my best.

I've dealt with issues like that, I'm betting most of us have. I respect the dude, he's not just playing the typical player asshole whine baby. His wires are crossed. If it wasn't for med's Zak would be in the gutter somewhere.

--------------------------------------------

That Brandon Phillips Play I must have watched 40 times. Don't those play's make you laugh they're so cool.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:No. I just don't like him. He's a talented pitcher for sure though, but he's always whining about something, because he has anxiety issues or some shit. In fact he flipped out in the lockerroom because players weren't washing their hands. I fucking crap you negative.

It figures Harper would exaggerate about balls and strikes, "I think [Greinke] was OK. When you're getting five to six inches off of the plate, you better win the game,"

5" to 6" off the plate.......Come on Bryce. If that's the case Clayton's CLEAR Strike in the AllStar game would have been a big deal, every announcer said it was a strike and no runs would have been given up but it wasn't a big deal and moved on.
Bryce is a competitor and I'm sure that shit was said after the game when you're pumped and lost. It's not like Greinke is getting 6" off the plate since the season began let alone the last 43 innings.

I totally feel for Greinke and this goes back to before he threw a pitch for the Dodgers. I seen a segment on Zak with Bryant Gumbel. Greinke has serious problems, it amazes me he can pitch. It dates back to high school and him leaving the Royals for 2 months to hide away. He can't deal with crowd's or people and is totally up front about it in the way....I don't know what's wrong with me, not the feel sorry for himself type. He'd read self help books and everything to fix himself. The segment did make me feel sorry for the dude, everyone has their problems and quirks, most players bitch about one thing or another because they're pampered.
For Zak driving to the ball park is a task, the only place he feels comfortable in on the mound.....Not at home or anywhere else.
It was a good segment, didn't make want to meet the dude but I felt for what he's over come not only to play but to be great when you have players out there like Hamilton will all the talent in the world who takes things for granted and likes to fuck up.

All players have issues. Zak's "social anxiety disorder and clinical depression" is a trip when you figure he can't walk down the street or drive to the park without clinching his fists yet he stands on the mound in front of fifty thousand and does what he does.

When it came to the Dodgers, unlike any other player, LAD didn't send a group to his house in Orlando. Zak and his wife flew to LA, showed up at the stadium alone without agents and said, this is me, this is what I'm dealing with and I'll answer any thing you want. I'm not going to be good with team chemistry I have issues but I'll give you my best.

I've dealt with issues like that, I'm betting most of us have. I respect the dude, he's not just playing the typical player asshole whine baby. His wires are crossed. If it wasn't for med's Zak would be in the gutter somewhere.
Maybe I should rethink my thoughts about Greinke.
UtahRatt wrote:That Brandon Phillips Play I must have watched 40 times. Don't those play's make you laugh they're so cool.
Yup.

There's a bunch of Jose Iglesias gifs I ran across that are the same thing.

Check out this one from 2013:

Amazing.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I see the Padres are up for talks.... Padres are at least willing to discuss Justin Upton, Tyson Ross and Andrew Cashner. :twisted: :twisted:
killeverything wrote:Albert Pujols hits HR #548 tying Mike Schmidt ( #15 ) on the all time list.
Pujols passes Schmidt with 3-homer day........Beat up Boston in the double header.

Angels first baseman Albert Pujols homered in the Angels' 11-1 win over the Red Sox in the opener of Monday's doubleheader and added two more in the nightcap, a 7-3 Angels win, to give him 549 in his career, passing Mike Schmidt for 15th on the all-time list.

With Pujols' Major League-leading 29 homers, he and Mike Trout (28) have combined for 57 on the season, as many as the entire Braves team.

-----------------------------------

Maybe the Braves should have kept Upton! It's crazy, what two years ago that's all Atlanta did was hit HR's and Strike Out now they're 5 below .500 and don't have much of a face to the team other then A.J. Pierzynski.

-------------------

Cespedes looks to be on the market and what's up with the Tigers. And what's up with Cespedes, he was a big name it seemed but I don't hear him talked about anymore. I'm guessing he can't hit his weight? Maybe it was his HR Derby's that gave him more headlines.

--------------

Dodgers - Carl Crawford will be activated today, looks like he's going to be the odd man out now. Hard to picture Crawford being on the bench. Get rid of Kemp and still have a crowded outfield. Andre Ethier can give Carl pointers on how it feels to play Mr Fill In.

Austin Barnes the Rookie catcher has been behind the plate with Yasmani and Ellis going down, good news is Yasmani was brought in to Pinch Hit the last two games. Yas's has been big this year, the Padres have to be a little sour about that trade. Dodgers struck gold and got lucky with his production so far.

-------------------------------------

Odd news - I found 2 rookie cards today going through boxes, Jeff Bagwell and Mike Mussina......I haven't heard a peep about Bagwell in years and it got me wondering if hell make the HOF. I think Mussina might, been a long time since I've looked at the stats. Of course we know Bagwell never took steroids!

If it was my vote, I'd have to ponder that.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Yup.

There's a bunch of Jose Iglesias gifs I ran across that are the same thing.

Check out this one from 2013:

Amazing.

:lol:

I can watch those plays all day long, it actually gave me flash backs of Rey Ordonez.

If only he could have hit.........
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

On this date in 1972, Willie Mays cracked his 650th career home run in a 3-1 win vs. SF.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Royals opening day starter Yordano Ventura ( the only fucking Royal that wasn't an all star :lol: ) optioned to AAA. Jason Vargas reinstated from 15 day DL.

Feds drop criminal case against Bonds...again. The HOF debate continues.

There's gonna be some big trades happening soon. The biggest rumor is that Price is going to possibly be an Astro. Holy shit.

Brian Cashman stated the "Yankees are probably going to stand pat at the deadline." At first I chuckled thinking "silly Yankees, you don't have any prospects." Then I remembered when Cashman fleeced the retarded Mariners GM with Montero for Pineda. Fuck.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Rays RHP Nate Karns is the 6th pitcher in the AL to hit a homer in a 1-0 victory and the first since 1962.

Rangers FR Shin-Soo Choo completes cycle. 9th in Texas' history.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I kind of hate this time of year when teams give up and the player swap begins.

Detroit - It sucks to see the Tigers throw in the towel. I don't follow close enough to know what their problem is. Cespedes and Price on the block. Have fun replacing Price.

Colorado - Troy Tulowitzki? Good SS are hard to find, he's battled some injuries but I can't see dumping a player like him. Being a Rockies fan I'll be pissed to see him traded. Hope it's just rumors.

Dodgers - today Brett Anderson fucking gimped off the mound after error flubbing a ball off his mit then kicking it like a dork in the 2nd, MRI set for tomorrow. They've already made more roster moves then anyone on the planet, this is going to sting. I watched the game, if he's hurt he's a pussy. LAD don't have anyone else to pitch.

The injuries are piling up.
Even if LAD lands a solid pitcher I bet they will start to drop quickly, The Giants will make a run and I'm saying it now. The Cub's are going to take a WC spot. If feels like one of those years where the Dodgers fizzle out towards the end.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:I kind of hate this time of year when teams give up and the player swap begins.

Detroit - It sucks to see the Tigers throw in the towel. I don't follow close enough to know what their problem is. Cespedes and Price on the block. Have fun replacing Price.

Colorado - Troy Tulowitzki? Good SS are hard to find, he's battled some injuries but I can't see dumping a player like him. Being a Rockies fan I'll be pissed to see him traded. Hope it's just rumors.

Dodgers - today Brett Anderson fucking gimped off the mound after error flubbing a ball off his mit then kicking it like a dork in the 2nd, MRI set for tomorrow. They've already made more roster moves then anyone on the planet, this is going to sting. I watched the game, if he's hurt he's a pussy. LAD don't have anyone else to pitch.

The injuries are piling up.
Even if LAD lands a solid pitcher I bet they will start to drop quickly, The Giants will make a run and I'm saying it now. The Cub's are going to take a WC spot. If feels like one of those years where the Dodgers fizzle out towards the end.
It's gonna be interesting this season. With all of the aces on the trade block, Magic & Co.'s win now attitude, and all the depth LAD has in their farm I can't see them not making some sort of move.

SF probably has another run in them, but I think that depends on Cain. They're one of the teams that needs another SP. They don't have the chips to land any one of value though.

As for Tulowitzki his statement about "trying to pretend the at bats mean something" is telling, but he still says he doesn't want to leave Co. His home/road splits, contract, and 104 games played a year tells me he doesn't have a choice.

I see some big trades coming down, but not concerning Colorado's shortstop.