The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Sabu »

As for Christian, IMO, there was NO WAY he was going to be pushed to the moon upon his return. And the reason isn't because he went to TNA, the reason is because the last time he was relevant in this industry he was a solid midcard performer.

Yes I understand he was a main eventer in TNA... but he was getting less exposure as champ in TNA then the house show curtain jerkers in WWE were getting, so it's irrelevant. Big fish in a puddle or on the bill of a relevant show? WWE is VERY aware of the reaction he's getting. Much like they were aware of the reaction Punk was getting. Christian is going to get his shot. They already know he can work WWE-style and they know he can work the stick. They now have his name back out there and after the reaction he got at Mania they know the crowd will get behind him being a main eventer.

People want to dump on how WWE has handled Punk... why? The guy has had every belt he's been in contention for. He's getting kick ass cuts of his merch. He's on EVERY big show they run. Pardon the expression, but the guy is "living the dream". Sure he's not getting the John Cena push, but you know what? He's nowhere near as over as John Cena. I look at what they're doing with Christian no differently than what they did with Punk. He's involved and he's getting a reaction... he's going to get his shot.

Does anyone forget he was buried in the midcard when he left TNA? He was buried in the midcard in a company that is running house shows in front of 800 people! A company that has to give away 3,000 tickets to get 4,500 people in the building for a PPV event. If debuting on ECW in front of more TV viewers and paid house crowds of 5,000+ people is a downgrade from working for a glorified indy promotion with a bad TV deal, then what is an upgrade?

I am a HUGE Christian mark. And as much as I would have loved to seen him debut on RAW and beat Cena or The H in 30 seconds in his debut... I'm a little realistic. Let's see what they do with him in the draft and what type of push he gets a couple months into whatever show he ends up on. I'm sure the guy didn't sign his WWE deal without getting some guarantees that they weren't going to bury him for the next 3 years. Then again... I'm sure if they DID tell him he they weren't going to do anything important with him and he STILL signed, it should speak volumes about the great place he was working at beforehand.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:So Batista's back and no one cares. Good for him. Now he can go back to being Triple H's bitch.
I simply DO NOT GET how this guy is as over as he is. His promos suck, he botches his finisher more often than he hits it cleanly, he can't work a good match unless someone is in their absolute best carry-mode, and he's got the durability of a martini glass... But fuck, the guy is OVER!
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

at the very least they should have had Batista the reason HHH won at Wrestlemania

Vladimir Kozlov should have came down beat up HHH with Legacy and then Batista returns hits Orton with the Sledgehammer for the win

the Wrestlemania match was like something you would would see in Bakersfield 2pm start..then have enough time to do the same later that night in San Jose
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Since the bad Manias were mentioned, figured I mention the best Manias...

17: Greatest Mania and probably greatest card ever. The two biggest stars in business (Rock vs. Austin), TLC 2 (Hardys, Dudleys, E&C), Angle vs. Benoit, Taker vs. The H, Jericho vs. Regal, Vince vs. Shane in a solid brawl, a red hot crowd... the show which all other WWE shows are compared to. My 2nd favorite Mania ever

20: Gets a HUGE advantage because it was held in the greatest wrestling venue in front of the best wrestling fans: MSG. Benoit getting his due, Eddie beating Angle for the title in a 20+ minute classic (although I think they could have put on a true 5-star, this one missed a little bit), Old School Taker returns to beat Kane, Rock and Sock job to Evolution, Christian beats Jericho in a match that is criminally underrated because the card was so stacked, Cena (before it was cool to hate him because, ya know... people are supposed to hate him) beating Show in a very entertaining match, RVD and Booker get to go over, Victoria and Molly (two of the best female workers the company ever had) did the best they could in the few minutes they were given and Molly gets her head shaved), and nobody will ever forget the crowd shitting on Lesnar and Goldberg and marking the fuck out when Austin stunned them both. For whatever reason the Cruiserweight open failed and I have no idea why. Chavo, Dragon, Noble, Nunzio, Moore, Mysterio, Funaki, and Kidman... that match should have been AWESOME. Overall though, probably the most fun show WWE has ever put on... My favorite Mania.

3: Is an obvious pick because it featured the most memorable moment in the history of the industry (Hogan slamming Andre) and the best match in the history of the company (Savage/Steamboat). There were probably 3 matches too many on this card. Butch Reed vs. Koko, Sheik/Volkoff vs. Killer Bees, and Hillbilly Jim & midgets vs. Bundy & midgets should have been scratched... Piper vs. Adonis, Race vs. JYD, Honky vs. Roberts, and Foundation/Davis vs. Tito/Bulldogs should have gotten more time...

19: May have been the best if Lesnar didn't fucking botch that SSP and The H would have done what was right and put Booker over (even if for just one night). Other than the botch, Angle vs. Lesnar was totally awesome. Angle's best performance. Michaels vs. Jericho was awesome, but if memory serves Michaels mysteriously got VERY lazy on a couple of Jericho's spots and even AJ Styles'ed a few things where he just flat out no sold and went right into his own moveset for no good reason. They were stealing the show up until Michaels realized Jericho was the reason why. Hogan and Vince had the crowd eating out of their hand and had a great brawl. Matt and Rey had a solid opener and Rock vs. Austin 2 was terrific.

10: Up there basically because of two matches. Everyone remembers the ladder match between Michaels and Razor that spawned millions of spot monkeys... there was A LOT to that match other than the spots though. Was an amazing concept at the time for North American wrestling and unfortunately lost a lot of luster over the years by companies like TNA trying to replicate the magic of that match 14 to 15 times a month at one point. As good, and important, as that match was... Bret and Owen stole the show in the opener with one of the best pure wrestling matches WWE has ever produced. A shame that besides Shawn doing the splash off the ladder, the next most memorable visual of that card is Yokozuna "losing his balance".
YYC
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by YYC »

Sabu wrote:As for Christian, IMO, there was NO WAY he was going to be pushed to the moon upon his return. And the reason isn't because he went to TNA, the reason is because the last time he was relevant in this industry he was a solid midcard performer.

Yes I understand he was a main eventer in TNA... but he was getting less exposure as champ in TNA then the house show curtain jerkers in WWE were getting, so it's irrelevant. Big fish in a puddle or on the bill of a relevant show? WWE is VERY aware of the reaction he's getting. Much like they were aware of the reaction Punk was getting. Christian is going to get his shot. They already know he can work WWE-style and they know he can work the stick. They now have his name back out there and after the reaction he got at Mania they know the crowd will get behind him being a main eventer.

People want to dump on how WWE has handled Punk... why? The guy has had every belt he's been in contention for. He's getting kick ass cuts of his merch. He's on EVERY big show they run. Pardon the expression, but the guy is "living the dream". Sure he's not getting the John Cena push, but you know what? He's nowhere near as over as John Cena. I look at what they're doing with Christian no differently than what they did with Punk. He's involved and he's getting a reaction... he's going to get his shot.

Does anyone forget he was buried in the midcard when he left TNA? He was buried in the midcard in a company that is running house shows in front of 800 people! A company that has to give away 3,000 tickets to get 4,500 people in the building for a PPV event. If debuting on ECW in front of more TV viewers and paid house crowds of 5,000+ people is a downgrade from working for a glorified indy promotion with a bad TV deal, then what is an upgrade?

I am a HUGE Christian mark. And as much as I would have loved to seen him debut on RAW and beat Cena or The H in 30 seconds in his debut... I'm a little realistic. Let's see what they do with him in the draft and what type of push he gets a couple months into whatever show he ends up on. I'm sure the guy didn't sign his WWE deal without getting some guarantees that they weren't going to bury him for the next 3 years. Then again... I'm sure if they DID tell him he they weren't going to do anything important with him and he STILL signed, it should speak volumes about the great place he was working at beforehand.
I never thoought they were going to bring him in and put the strap on him, but to ignore the obvious and leave him out of the Hardy/Edge angle was ludicrous. It was tailor-made for him and could have been huge for all parties involved.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

YYC wrote:
I never thoought they were going to bring him in and put the strap on him, but to ignore the obvious and leave him out of the Hardy/Edge angle was ludicrous. It was tailor-made for him and could have been huge for all parties involved.
He still may get involved... we don't know yet. While it seemed like it would be a HUGE lift to bring him in as the guy who attacked Jeff or ran him off the road, what sense did it really make? Why would he be THAT pissed at Jeff? The route they took with Matt being the guy made perfect sense. Would have made even more sense if they went even further with it and had Matt mention that he had been a model employee (slight stretch) and got fired while Jeff has been suspended for drug use twice and STILL gets huge support from the fans and the WWE while Matt has become the "other" Hardy and not given near the amount of opportunities or support Jeff has

I'm not sure how you can pull it off, but if you can come up with a storyline why Matt would put his past with Edge behind him and team up with him to take out Jeff for good, Christian can come in as Jeff's ally and have him bitter with his "brother" Edge for similar reasons. Christian was a model employee, hard worker, and never caused problems behind the scenes, while Edge was the exact opposite yet got all the opportunities while Christian never even got a title shot (I think he did get one though). Just like that you have Christian in what would be one of the top storylines in the company. The fans that remember him would buy into it, and the new fans that didn't know him previously would at least be somewhat familiar with him through his work on ECW the past couple months and as the guy that got the big pop at Mania and almost won MITB.

Could they have pushed him huge right out of the gate? Sure... and he's good enough in the ring and on the stick to have made it work. But they chose to bring him out of the gate slowly, which has been the way they've gone with just about everyone the last few years. Besides, the guy was a career midcarder his entire run in WWE... having him come in as too big of a deal wouldn't have made a lot of sense. Plus, the guy DID bail on the company that was enabling him a pretty good lifestyle so he could be a top guy in a 2nd rate promotion. I'm happy they took him back at all and didn't tell him that he made his bed...

I'm just being patient. If the draft comes along and he stays on ECW and he's jobbing to DJ Gabriel or Ricky Ortiz or an FCW callup in two months time, then I say that they're burying him. But I'm going to give them a little more time with him.
ultraphobic71
Headlining Clubs

Post by ultraphobic71 »

Sabu wrote:I'm just being patient. If the draft comes along and he stays on ECW and he's jobbing to DJ Gabriel or Ricky Ortiz or an FCW callup in two months time, then I say that they're burying him. But I'm going to give them a little more time with him.
It sucks being patient that's all.Hopefully,the draft will kickstart his push.
The Cusack
Better Off Dead

Post by The Cusack »

Flair vs Steamboat 1977- 1978

I wanted to go a little old school here. Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat, two of the best wrestlers the business have ever seen, wrestled for the NWA Title in 1989 in two of the greatest matches of all time, but this isn't the first time they feuded. Check out some clips from their first go-round in the late '70s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHG8lIlP64I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4JCaIXCtWo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Hpu24RzSY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqmWE_204sU

Damsel-in-Distress wrote:Taime Downe=pork sausage in a goth wrapper.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

BULLSHIT!!!! Epic rant...bogus copyright claim against my wrestlemania review video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMU35qMQatg
Where's Izzy?
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

Sabu wrote:20: Gets a HUGE advantage because it was held in the greatest wrestling venue in front of the best wrestling fans: MSG. Benoit getting his due, Eddie beating Angle for the title in a 20+ minute classic (although I think they could have put on a true 5-star, this one missed a little bit), Old School Taker returns to beat Kane, Rock and Sock job to Evolution, Christian beats Jericho in a match that is criminally underrated because the card was so stacked, Cena (before it was cool to hate him because, ya know... people are supposed to hate him) beating Show in a very entertaining match, RVD and Booker get to go over, Victoria and Molly (two of the best female workers the company ever had) did the best they could in the few minutes they were given and Molly gets her head shaved), and nobody will ever forget the crowd shitting on Lesnar and Goldberg and marking the fuck out when Austin stunned them both. For whatever reason the Cruiserweight open failed and I have no idea why. Chavo, Dragon, Noble, Nunzio, Moore, Mysterio, Funaki, and Kidman... that match should have been AWESOME. Overall though, probably the most fun show WWE has ever put on... My favorite Mania.
Quite honestly, people shit on this card and I have no idea why either. Considering the roster they had at the time, this was probably the best possible Mania they could have put on. I remember thinking that The H was going to retain simply because the next PPV was held in Benoit's hometown. But when he tapped out, I was so happy to have been wrong.

Sabu wrote:Michaels vs. Jericho was awesome, but if memory serves Michaels mysteriously got VERY lazy on a couple of Jericho's spots and even AJ Styles'ed a few things where he just flat out no sold and went right into his own moveset for no good reason. They were stealing the show up until Michaels realized Jericho was the reason why.
I'm going to have to watch this match again. Are there any specific spots I should be looking for when Michaels pulls this shit?
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
ultraphobic71
Headlining Clubs

Post by ultraphobic71 »

Angry Jew wrote:BULLSHIT!!!! Epic rant...bogus copyright claim against my wrestlemania review video
It is bullshit.They(WWE)can't take out his review just because he didn't like the PPV.Fuck them,sue them.
Angry Jew
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

ultraphobic71 wrote:
Angry Jew wrote:BULLSHIT!!!! Epic rant...bogus copyright claim against my wrestlemania review video
It is bullshit.They(WWE)can't take out his review just because he didn't like the PPV.Fuck them,sue them.
This guys rant was funny,did you watch it? And yeah, he didn't have any WWE pics, videos or music in his review of Mania.
Where's Izzy?
YYC
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by YYC »

Sabu wrote:
YYC wrote:
He still may get involved... we don't know yet. While it seemed like it would be a HUGE lift to bring him in as the guy who attacked Jeff or ran him off the road, what sense did it really make? Why would he be THAT pissed at Jeff? The route they took with Matt being the guy made perfect sense. Would have made even more sense if they went even further with it and had Matt mention that he had been a model employee (slight stretch) and got fired while Jeff has been suspended for drug use twice and STILL gets huge support from the fans and the WWE while Matt has become the "other" Hardy and not given near the amount of opportunities or support Jeff has

I'm not sure how you can pull it off, but if you can come up with a storyline why Matt would put his past with Edge behind him and team up with him to take out Jeff for good, Christian can come in as Jeff's ally and have him bitter with his "brother" Edge for similar reasons. Christian was a model employee, hard worker, and never caused problems behind the scenes, while Edge was the exact opposite yet got all the opportunities while Christian never even got a title shot (I think he did get one though). Just like that you have Christian in what would be one of the top storylines in the company. The fans that remember him would buy into it, and the new fans that didn't know him previously would at least be somewhat familiar with him through his work on ECW the past couple months and as the guy that got the big pop at Mania and almost won MITB.

Could they have pushed him huge right out of the gate? Sure... and he's good enough in the ring and on the stick to have made it work. But they chose to bring him out of the gate slowly, which has been the way they've gone with just about everyone the last few years. Besides, the guy was a career midcarder his entire run in WWE... having him come in as too big of a deal wouldn't have made a lot of sense. Plus, the guy DID bail on the company that was enabling him a pretty good lifestyle so he could be a top guy in a 2nd rate promotion. I'm happy they took him back at all and didn't tell him that he made his bed...

I'm just being patient. If the draft comes along and he stays on ECW and he's jobbing to DJ Gabriel or Ricky Ortiz or an FCW callup in two months time, then I say that they're burying him. But I'm going to give them a little more time with him.
I have to respectfully disagree with you here. Yes, Christian was a midcarder when he left, but that was because WWE kept burying him. The guy was over as fuck. There were peep sections at every show, and he was getting face pops when he was supposed to be a heel. And it would have made perfect sense for him to get involved (in the world of pro wrestling, anyway) with Edge and the Hardys since Edge is supposedly his brother. Come one, a TLC between those four at Mania? THAT would have been money in the bank (pardon the pun). From all of the sources I've heard and read, this was indeed the plan for him all along, but when the interwebz sniffed it out months in advance, they shitcanned it, which is insane.

No worries though, Batista's back. :roll:
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
Drunken_Little_Elf

I didn't know Urkel was a wrestling fan! But all joking aside this guy did have some good points. However he lost at the end with his "I will rise from the ashes" stuff. If he was joking that's one thing, but if not, GO FUCK YOURSELF NERD!!!
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

Drunken_Little_Elf wrote:
I didn't know Urkel was a wrestling fan! But all joking aside this guy did have some good points. However he lost at the end with his "I will rise from the ashes" stuff. If he was joking that's one thing, but if not, GO FUCK YOURSELF NERD!!!
I just think it is funny that he takes himself that seriously. I think the WWE just removed everything with WrestleMania in the tag line. I am not sure they singled him out. Dude is funny though, especially at the end when he says over and over , I am not telling anyone not to buy the DAMN SHOW!!!
Where's Izzy?
Drunken_Little_Elf

Angry Jew wrote:
I just think it is funny that he takes himself that seriously. I think the WWE just removed everything with WrestleMania in the tag line. I am not sure they singled him out. Dude is funny though, especially at the end when he says over and over , I am not telling anyone not to buy the DAMN SHOW!!!
It wouldn't surprise if someone from the WWE watched his rant, figured that he was a nutjob, and did this to fuck with him!
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

Source: PW Mania

After his performance at Wrestlemania and on Raw, WWE have decided to make Ricky "The dragon" Steamboat a regular performer for the next month or so.

The current plan is to put him against Jericho in a singles match at Backlash.
:shock: :D :wink: :!:
Where's Izzy?
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

sabu wrote:Christian was a model employee, hard worker, and never caused problems behind the scenes, while Edge was the exact opposite yet got all the opportunities while Christian never even got a title shot (I think he did get one though).
You are correct,Christian did have a title shot.In fact, it was the coup de grace in the whole Christian splitting from Edge storyline. IIRC, Christian begged for a tag-team title shot and was granted one without asking if Edge wanted to. Edge was reluctant seeing as how Taker and Kane(I think) were champs at the time.They subsequentially got squashed and to make up for it to Edge, Christian challenged The Rock(again,I think) for the heavyweight title to show him he still had it. Christian lost and became sullen. Later on that night Edge was losing a match and Christian charged the ring,and in a swerve to no one,jealously attacked Edge rather than help him.
Drunken_Little_Elf

alecjonsludge wrote:You are correct,Christian did have a title shot.In fact, it was the coup de grace in the whole Christian splitting from Edge storyline. IIRC, Christian begged for a tag-team title shot and was granted one without asking if Edge wanted to. Edge was reluctant seeing as how Taker and Kane(I think) were champs at the time.They subsequentially got squashed and to make up for it to Edge, Christian challenged The Rock(again,I think) for the heavyweight title to show him he still had it. Christian lost and became sullen. Later on that night Edge was losing a match and Christian charged the ring,and in a swerve to no one,jealously attacked Edge rather than help him.
I remember this. But maybe you can help me out. On the Ladder Match DVD it showed that Edge went to Christian and said their mom was in the hospital and that they should go. They then ran into a bunch of WCW guys who attacked Edge. Then Christian joined in to.

My question is, when did this fit into everything? Did he turn on Edge twice?
Drunken_Little_Elf

Sabu wrote:Christian was a model employee, hard worker, and never caused problems behind the scenes, while Edge was the exact opposite yet got all the opportunities while Christian never even got a title shot (I think he did get one though).
Other than nailing Lita, what else has Edge done backstage?
Drunken_Little_Elf

Personally I'm a fan of some of Kid Rock's music, but anyone who thought that giving him a 20 minutes concert at a Wrestlemania was a good idea should be sodomized my Mark Henry. Plus it cause Mz and Morrison vs. those two idiots I don't give a fuck about to be left off the show.
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

alecjonsludge wrote:You are correct,Christian did have a title shot.In fact, it was the coup de grace in the whole Christian splitting from Edge storyline. IIRC, Christian begged for a tag-team title shot and was granted one without asking if Edge wanted to. Edge was reluctant seeing as how Taker and Kane(I think) were champs at the time.They subsequentially got squashed and to make up for it to Edge, Christian challenged The Rock(again,I think) for the heavyweight title to show him he still had it. Christian lost and became sullen. Later on that night Edge was losing a match and Christian charged the ring,and in a swerve to no one,jealously attacked Edge rather than help him.
I remember this. But maybe you can help me out. On the Ladder Match DVD it showed that Edge went to Christian and said their mom was in the hospital and that they should go. They then ran into a bunch of WCW guys who attacked Edge. Then Christian joined in to.

This was after the already mentioned run-in. Christian was getting serious heel-heat from the Edge split and it made no sense for him to squash the Invasion guys because of it.Vince decided Christian should join the Invasion and concocted the ever-so-popular parent in the hospital angle in order to do so. It's also been argued that another reason Vince put him with the Invasion guys was to give them a little more star power. Guys like Hugh Morris,etc were garnering no reaction and Vince needed to garner some heat for this angle,which we all know was a colossal flop.

This led to DDP and the motivational speaker angle he had managing Christian(who was on a big losing streak), and Christian attacking DDP from behind after he finally won a match.
Drunken_Little_Elf

alecjonsludge wrote:

This was after the already mentioned run-in. Christian was getting serious heel-heat from the Edge split and it made no sense for him to squash the Invasion guys because of it.Vince decided Christian should join the Invasion and concocted the ever-so-popular parent in the hospital angle in order to do so. It's also been argued that another reason Vince put him with the Invasion guys was to give them a little more star power. Guys like Hugh Morris,etc were garnering no reaction and Vince needed to garner some heat for this angle,which we all know was a colossal flop.

This led to DDP and the motivational speaker angle he had managing Christian(who was on a big losing streak), and Christian attacking DDP from behind after he finally won a match.
Thanks. I remember his feud with DDP, but had no idea that the premise for it was so fucking stupid.
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

That was pretty much the Invasion in a nutshell;so fucking stupid.
Drunken_Little_Elf

alecjonsludge wrote:That was pretty much the Invasion in a nutshell;so fucking stupid.
If you ever get a chance, read Who Killed WCW? The last part of the book is all about the invasion. It really puts into perspective just how big of an angle this could have been. And it also shows how bad the WWE really fucked up with it.
Wicked Booze Hound
Taking Music Lessons
Location: Chicago, Illinois Godddamnit!! You'd be pretty pissed too if your team hasn't won shit in 102 years!

Post by Wicked Booze Hound »

Sabu wrote:
ozzyrulz777 wrote:So Batista's back and no one cares. Good for him. Now he can go back to being Triple H's bitch.
I simply DO NOT GET how this guy is as over as he is. His promos suck, he botches his finisher more often than he hits it cleanly, he can't work a good match unless someone is in their absolute best carry-mode, and he's got the durability of a martini glass... But fuck, the guy is OVER!

He's not over. They pipe the cheers in for Bautista....and they pipe the cheers in for Cena too.
MORE BEER!
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

I've read "The Death of WCW" by R.D. Reynolds and Bryan Alverez. Not sure if it's the book you're refrencing or not, but yeah, the last chapter mentioned how this angle was a "licence to print money", but Vince's ego and reluctance to spend a little cash(in comparision to what cash they would've brought in to PPV buys) on getting Goldberg and Sting prevented that from happening.
makaveli
Headlining Clubs

Post by makaveli »

alecjonsludge wrote:That was pretty much the Invasion in a nutshell;so fucking stupid.
If you ever get a chance, read Who Killed WCW? The last part of the book is all about the invasion. It really puts into perspective just how big of an angle this could have been. And it also shows how bad the WWE really fucked up with it.
Looking back, this is probably one of the greatest disappointments in the history of wrestling. It started very promising with Shane showing up and all, and if Vince had just let them run as two separate companies with some cross over feuds, we would still have a WCW brand today. You can't tell me that the WCW brand wouldn't be more marketable than the Smackdown brand.
ImageImage
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

Smackdown Spoilers-Ozzy, You were warned:

:shock:

:D

Last Chance! Oh Noez! The spoilers!

JR and Grisham are announcing
Matt hardy was was shown in the ring talking his peice about how Jeff seemed to be everyone's favorite,A Hardy vs Hardy stretch match was announced for later.Eve was shown backstage interviewing Raw's Kofi Kingston.

1st match:big show vs Kofi Kingston Winner:Big show via KO punch

Hardy vs Hardy stretcher match was plugged again. Khali/Singh was next,santino came out and demand competition which led to:

Santino Marella vs The Great Khali
winner:the Great Khali via Choke Bomb.total squash match

Gail Kim was out next in which she recieved a Huge Pop

Gail Kim vs michelle mccool
winner:Gail Kim

The Cutting Edge featuring John Cena was next.Edge ran his mouth as usual about how Cena was the people's favorite.up next was the Colons vs Priceless

The colons vs Priceless winner via Million dollar dream:Priceless.Orton came out to survey the damage and do his usual heel routine then they posed.up next was the much anticipated stretcher match Hardy vs Hardy

Matt dominated most of the match,Jeff got his a few jabs but in the end Matt nailed Jeff with a chair landing Jeff on the stretcher.We want tables chants were heard all throughout the arena,matt crashed jeff through a table.winner:Matt Hardy.The Main Event was announced pitting the Champ defending his title against Edge.alot of back and forth between the two but in the end the Champ left Austin,texas with title in hand.

Winner via Attitude Adjustment: The Champ John Cena.

Overall,it was awesome to see Smackdown/ECW back in austin,hope they swing by sometime next year

Match of the night: Hardy vs Hardy stretcher match.
Where's Izzy?
Drunken_Little_Elf

alecjonsludge wrote:I've read "The Death of WCW" by R.D. Reynolds and Bryan Alverez. Not sure if it's the book you're refrencing or not, but yeah, the last chapter mentioned how this angle was a "licence to print money", but Vince's ego and reluctance to spend a little cash(in comparision to what cash they would've brought in to PPV buys) on getting Goldberg and Sting prevented that from happening.
Yes that is the book.