The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by silent_eyes »

Even thought TNA gets crap for signing all the WWE rejects, at least Lashley left on his own. Personally, I don't like the guy and don't think he's anything special, but a match between him & Angle or him & Samoe Joe would probably be pretty good.

Signing him can only help them.
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

Nice to see TNA still has a hard on for the WWE cast offs. Trevor Murdoch!? Seriously, what does/did anybody see in this guy? So he looks like Dick Murdoch, who gives a fuck?
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

the only time I cheered for Lashly is when I read he got cut from WWE..I hated his push. He should have been the Boogie Man

TNA is a bigger joke then ever, can they not sign every WWE castoff

Backlash would have been the better card in a football stadium
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Drunken_Little_Elf wrote:Nice to see TNA still has a hard on for the WWE cast offs. Trevor Murdoch!? Seriously, what does/did anybody see in this guy? So he looks like Dick Murdoch, who gives a fuck?
I always said if you did an 80's Stan "The Lariat" Hansen redneck gimmick with him it could get over.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Release_Therapy wrote:
ozzyrulz777 wrote:The Cactus Jack Smack Attack. WTF! worst name for a match EVER!
That might be the worst name for a match but it sounds like a great idea for a nym!
True. And the match was good.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Garbageman wrote:
Subhuman Yeti wrote:...TNA needs to lose that stupid ring already.
Especially now that AAA or whatever that lucha fed Teddy Hart is in on Galavision is also using it.
AAA was using the 6 sided ring well before TNA.

Didn't know. Thanks eh...

I still think TNA needs to lose it, except for certain matches.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Am I the only one that actually liked Booby Lashley? Sure, he had zero charisma, but he was incredibly strong and agile. I marked out when he jumped through the cage wall to get to Umaga. I think people have more of a problem with the way he was booked as superhuman in the WWE. I liked the guy, but I really hated that he beat 3 ECW originals in an extreme rules handicap match with no weapons.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

slash4pres wrote:Am I the only one that actually liked Booby Lashley? Sure, he had zero charisma, but he was incredibly strong and agile. I marked out when he jumped through the cage wall to get to Umaga. I think people have more of a problem with the way he was booked as superhuman in the WWE. I liked the guy, but I really hated that he beat 3 ECW originals in an extreme rules handicap match with no weapons.
He is a good wrestler. If he has a mouthpiece in TNA, he will be just fine. Angle/Lashley could be great.
Where's Izzy?
Angry Jew
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Drunken_Little_Elf wrote:Nice to see TNA still has a hard on for the WWE cast offs. Trevor Murdoch!? Seriously, what does/did anybody see in this guy? So he looks like Dick Murdoch, who gives a fuck?
Ehh,like Garbageman said I guess he could do an updated Stan Hansen but how many people watching would get it? Why don't they get Elijah Burke? He has loads of potential and was a good talker.
Where's Izzy?
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Angry Jew wrote:
Ehh,like Garbageman said I guess he could do an updated Stan Hansen but how many people watching would get it? Why don't they get Elijah Burke? He has loads of potential and was a good talker.
Elijah Burke could very well solve the problem of Bobby Lashley needing a mouthpiece. Those two together could have some killer matches with LAX and Team 3D.
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

LOL@ the idiots on WWE creative:
TNA wrestler Sting's name actually came up this year regarding a possible induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

The reigning TNA World Heavyweight Champion got support because a number of people involved in the company's creative and producing process that were asked for input were not even aware he was working for the competition.

Sting is on good terms with Vince McMahon, so the company will likely produce a DVD based on the WCW footage they own and consider him in conjunction for the Hall of Fame when his time in TNA comes to an end.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter (f4wonline.com)
Where's Izzy?
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

silent_eyes wrote:
Angry Jew wrote:
Elijah Burke could very well solve the problem of Bobby Lashley needing a mouthpiece. Those two together could have some killer matches with LAX and Team 3D.
Can't see Lashley in a tag team. I guess they are teasing some kind of alliance with Lashley/Angle but I don't think Lashley belongs in MEM.

I dig the way they are booking Cactus as champ. Granted it has been one show.
Where's Izzy?
ultraphobic71
Headlining Clubs

Post by ultraphobic71 »

I like Trevor Murdoch but his new name sucks.I'm impressed that they got Sarah Stock.People say she'a a damn good wrestler.Whoever bought up Elijiah Burke as Bobby Lashley mouthpiece deserves a blue ribbon.That's a good idea.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

slash4pres wrote:Am I the only one that actually liked Booby Lashley? Sure, he had zero charisma, but he was incredibly strong and agile. I marked out when he jumped through the cage wall to get to Umaga. I think people have more of a problem with the way he was booked as superhuman in the WWE. I liked the guy, but I really hated that he beat 3 ECW originals in an extreme rules handicap match with no weapons.
You aren't really making a good argument for the guy!

The point is he was pushed too hard to where an overwhelming portion of the wrestling audience was burned out and annoyed by him before he even made it to the Trump match. Remember how quickly he was pushed to the top in WWE... TNA will do the same thing and botch it even worse and he'll be floundering the way Christian was after a little while. Not to mention there's no word on how committed he'd be with MMA being his major focus.

Hell they could probably sign the aforementioned Elijah Burke for less than half the money of Lashley and get 20 times the commitment!

No that any of this will matter when Jethromania runs wild!
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Tonights Smackdown was kind of a letdown
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:Tonights Smackdown was kind of a letdown
You must never read the spoilers do ya?

I am going to RAW next Monday night in Buffalo guys. Adverstised dark match main event of
Nero/Trips/Cena
VS.
Moore/Edge/Orton

And I get to see half a Superstars taping! I bet by then they are onto Velocity type matches.
Where's Izzy?
Drunken_Little_Elf

Angry Jew wrote:

I am going to RAW next Monday night in Buffalo guys. Adverstised dark match main event of
Nero/Trips/Cena
VS.
Moore/Edge/Orton

And I get to see half a Superstars taping! I bet by then they are onto Velocity type matches.
Who the hell is Nero?

And I liked Lashley as well. I realize that him and Batista aren't the greatest workers (but then again neither are some of the ECW originals that get ball washed around here), but I like the novelty of the big guys just tossing people around. Sure I enjoy a great technical wrestling match as much as the next guy, but it's nice to see a powerhouse every once in awhile too.

And agreed with whoever said TNA should get Elijah Burke.
znuff_fan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by znuff_fan »

Hell since TNA wants to be WWE so bad. They can just sign Elijah, Monty, and Kevin Thorn and do the "New Breed" of TNA as well. But...come to think of it, I think I would actually like that, so of course TNA would not do it.
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

znuff_fan wrote:Hell since TNA wants to be WWE so bad. They can just sign Elijah, Monty, and Kevin Thorn and do the "New Breed" of TNA as well. But...come to think of it, I think I would actually like that, so of course TNA would not do it.
Keep forgetting about Monty Brown.

Burke, Brown & Lashley: MAKE IT HAPPEN TNA
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

Drunken_Little_Elf wrote:
Angry Jew wrote:

Nero/Trips/Cena
VS.
Moore/Edge/Orton

Who the hell is Nero?

And I liked Lashley as well. I realize that him and Batista aren't the greatest workers (but then again neither are some of the ECW originals that get ball washed around here), but I like the novelty of the big guys just tossing people around. Sure I enjoy a great technical wrestling match as much as the next guy, but it's nice to see a powerhouse every once in awhile too.

And agreed with whoever said TNA should get Elijah Burke.
The kids call Jeff Hardy- Nero, Jeff Nero Hardy and Moore is Matt's middle name,Matthew Moore Hardy. They called each other by their full names on TV before.
Last edited by Angry Jew on Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where's Izzy?
Drunken_Little_Elf

Angry Jew wrote:
The kids call Jeff Hardy- Nero, Jeff Nefro Hardy and Moore is Matt's middle name,Matthew Moore Hardy. They called each other by their full names on TV before.
Gotcha. So I take it Matt has gotten over Edge stealing his woman and Orton kicking him in the appendix....at least in storylines! :lol: Gotta love logic in wrestling.
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

Drunken_Little_Elf wrote:
Angry Jew wrote:
The kids call Jeff Hardy- Nero, Jeff Nero Hardy and Moore is Matt's middle name,Matthew Moore Hardy. They called each other by their full names on TV before.
Gotcha. So I take it Matt has gotten over Edge stealing his woman and Orton kicking him in the appendix....at least in storylines! :lol: Gotta love logic in wrestling.

I think Jeff/Trips/Cena vs. Randy/Matt/Edge is a great main event,however, I thought the Smackdown crew had house shows Monday nights? Anyway, I am betting we will be screwed outta this dark match main event. It is Buffalo after all.
Just know when you guys are watching live next week, ya'll can change the channel while I am stuck in the building. :D
Where's Izzy?
ultraphobic71
Headlining Clubs

Post by ultraphobic71 »

Would someone just sign up this guy already:
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

ultraphobic71 wrote:Would someone just sign up this guy already:
TNA would have locked him up in a second if he wanted to go there. The interest isn't there on his part. He's done a couple of interviews where he implied that he likes the work schedule TNA could offer, but that he would feel like he's taking a huge step back if he signed with TNA because they don't reach the masses that WWE does.

On the WWE side of things, he doesn't want to do the traveling that he would have to do if he went back there. THIS, IMO, is WWE's problem. RVD is a guy that would clearly be an asset to the company. Do you really need him to work house shows in Peoria? Sign the guy to a small guaranteed deal, let him show up for tapings and PPVs and give him his bonuses. It's not like he's a nobody. The guy proved that he has what it takes to get over with fans and is a name that can make a PPV card seem more appealing to purchase.

Maybe I just don't get it. If a guy like Angle wanted to come back but only work 2 days a week, wouldn't you realize that's better than NOT having him at all?

I don't see what the big deal is in signing these guys to guaranteed contracts that give them less money, but with nice upside bonuses from the PPVs, tapings, or house shows they work. You're getting the value of having a "name" locked down under contract, you're getting said name for all your money making shows, you're keeping him away from the competition, AND you're saving money in the long run by not making him a full time traveling employee.

I just don't get it...
Sugar Dave
Music Fan

Post by Sugar Dave »

I got myself two tickets to Raw in sheffield in November, it should be nice
Tober138 wrote: Did you just compare Hanoi Rocks to Thomas the Tank Engine?
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Anybody watching Backlash tonight.
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:Anybody watching Backlash tonight.
Heading to wild wings. Here are my quick picks

Orton
Cena
Matt
Y2J
Punk
Christian
Where's Izzy?
ultraphobic71
Headlining Clubs

Post by ultraphobic71 »

Christian wins the ECW Belt
Randy Orton is the new WWE champion
EDGE is the new world champion.
In other words,it's a great day to be a wrestling fan. :D
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Actually a pretty damn solid PPV. Swagger & Christian was very good, the Hardys did a nice job, Steamboat and Jericho was solid, and Cena vs. Edge was great.

Very, very good PPV...
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

great ppv.