The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by nakedmadman »

ya know, for all the bullshit, all Dixie Dumbass' bad decisions, all the has beens, all the fail that flows through TNA... I still find myself thinking that they're putting on the superior product at the moment. They've got better, more talented wrestlers, they put on better matches, and quite honestly while it is like comparing a root canal to... well, another root canal, TNA's writing is even less Fail at this point.
SlayerNPG
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SlayerNPG »

I'm in that minority too, I watch TNA mostly cause I still like the older guys I grew up with like Hulk, Flair, Sting and I'd still rather see people like RVD, Angle, AJ then the bums WWE has main eventing.

The booking is a mess, but TNA still resembles the wrestling I grew up with more than the stale WWE Universe bullshit.
YYC

Post by YYC »

There's some good stuff going on in both companies right now, and as always, there's a lot of shit as well. That's how it has always been, and how it will always be. Even during the greatest days of wrestling (which, IMO were the 80's NWA), there was still a ton of stupid sit going on. What annoys me, not just on this thread but on other sites as well, is the constant bitching and moaning from internet fans about everything. If some of you guys hate everything you see so bad, why do you still watch? Neither show is great at the moment, but there have certainly been worse eras in wrestling.

Currently, here's what I dig:

Mr. Anderson
The Jay Lethal/Flair angle
Beer Money/Motor City Machine Guns
The Pope
The Nexus Angle
Anything Chris Jericho does
Laycool/Low-Ki
Morrison
Miz
Drew McEntyre
CM Punk

Here's what I think is shit:
The entire Knockouts division in TNA
Abyss in general
RVD getting anywhere near a microphone
The "mystery GM"
Guest hosts
The Kane/Undertake whodunit angle
The immunity challenges on NXT
The lack of a tag-team division in WWE
Jeff Hardy becoming a shell of what he used to be
Gimmick-specific PPV's (Hell in A Cell, Money in the Bank, Fatal Four-Way)

Most everything else falls somewhere in mediocre to bad. I think some of you folks get a little too misty-eyed for the old days, and forget that there has never been a period of time where there wasn't some pure trash being peddled by whichever company you want to name. Even ECW, which I know a lot people mistakenly think was flawless, had a shit-ton of garbage throughout their duration. (New Jack? Public Enemy? Mikey Whipwreck? Vic Grimes? Come on, Shane Douglas!?) There is certainly room for improvement, but right now I think TNA has the slightly more interesting show.
ryan76 wrote:I hope all your children have small penises, including the girls.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Dude to me ECW was flawless. Even with the bad wrestlers I still liked everything they put out.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Also is anyone gonna watch Money In The Bank?
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:Also is anyone gonna watch Money In The Bank?
Was a really good PPV. Only match I didn't care for was the Alicia Fox/Eve Torres match. The MITB matches didn't disappoint at all. It's the best PPV I think I've seen this year.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

YYC wrote:There's some good stuff going on in both companies right now, and as always, there's a lot of shit as well. That's how it has always been, and how it will always be. Even during the greatest days of wrestling (which, IMO were the 80's NWA), there was still a ton of stupid sit going on. What annoys me, not just on this thread but on other sites as well, is the constant bitching and moaning from internet fans about everything. If some of you guys hate everything you see so bad, why do you still watch? Neither show is great at the moment, but there have certainly been worse eras in wrestling.

Mr. Anderson
The Jay Lethal/Flair angle
Beer Money/Motor City Machine Guns
The Pope
The Nexus Angle
Anything Chris Jericho does
Laycool/Low-Ki
Morrison
Miz
Drew McEntyre
CM Punk

The entire Knockouts division in TNA
Abyss in general
RVD getting anywhere near a microphone
The "mystery GM"
Guest hosts
The Kane/Undertake whodunit angle
The immunity challenges on NXT
The lack of a tag-team division in WWE
Jeff Hardy becoming a shell of what he used to be
Gimmick-specific PPV's (Hell in A Cell, Money in the Bank, Fatal Four-Way)

Most everything else falls somewhere in mediocre to bad. I think some of you folks get a little too misty-eyed for the old days, and forget that there has never been a period of time where there wasn't some pure trash being peddled by whichever company you want to name. Even ECW, which I know a lot people mistakenly think was flawless, had a shit-ton of garbage throughout their duration. (New Jack? Public Enemy? Mikey Whipwreck? Vic Grimes? Come on, Shane Douglas!?) There is certainly room for improvement, but right now I think TNA has the slightly more interesting show.
I'm going to try to respond to this, point for point...

Mr. Anderson -- Love Mr. A. Loved him as Ken Kennedy in the E.

The Jay Lethal/Flair angle -- Kinda like it. Better than the tired bullshit they had Lethal doing up to this point. The Randy Savage thing was funny for about one day.

Beer Money/Motor City Machine Guns -- Two of the best tag teams in the business.

The Pope -- The Pope deserves a HUGE push.

The Nexus Angle-- Would be good if they'd just trim the fat a bit. Bring back Danials, cut Otunga, Sheffield, Tarver and Young. Put Slater on notice, he's next if he doesn't BRING it soon.

Anything Chris Jericho does --Yup

Laycool/Low-Ki -- Nope. Layla is one step away from being another Viki Gurrero.

Morrison -- Another damn shame. Dude's got real skills and they've got him jobbing to every schmuck in the company.

Miz-- Pure gold on the mic. Makes up for some holes in his game, but he's young.

Drew McEntyre -- If they'd let him win a few heads up, without the "chosen one" bullshit, Yeah.

CM Punk -- Getting too mic happy. Shut up and wrestle.

The entire Knockouts division in TNA--Couldn't disagree more. It's been a lil' thin lately, but definately the better women wrestlers are in TNA.

Abyss in general -- Mankind 2.0 is annoying, but if they let him stay the monster, and not put him back into retard mode, I can accept it.

RVD getting anywhere near a microphone -- Meh, still not as bad as Jack Thwagger.

The "mystery GM"-- A good gimmick that could be great, if they didn't drive it into the ground 65 times a week.

Guest hosts -- Depends on the hosts. Most suck though. Needs more former WWE stars, and a lot less of whoever's promo-ing their project on USA.

The Kane/Undertake whodunit angle -- Can anyone NOT see this is going to be all Kane, and the start of a Kane/Taker feud?

The immunity challenges on NXT -- Sorry. I don't get into NXT at all. Cheap rip off of TUF.

The lack of a tag-team division in WWE -- Criminal. And only worsened by the fact that they still parade around with two sets of belts. If you're going to conglomerate your tag division, pull it back to one set of belts, and be done with it.

Jeff Hardy becoming a shell of what he used to be -- Still looks better than his brother at this point.

Gimmick-specific PPV's (Hell in A Cell, Money in the Bank, Fatal Four-Way)--Meh, depends on the show.. The E does it's gimmicks better than TNA,but there's far t o many of 'em at this point.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Yeah to me Alicia Fox is really boring and cannot wrestle worth shit.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

The highlight of the PPV last night was Kofi nailing Drew on the Spanish Announcer's table...
(why is it always the Spanish announcer's table?)

Basically, the rest looked like every other multi-man match they have had in the past few years... two people in the ring at a time, four at the most and only for a very short time.. good grief, Edge laid on the floor longer than he was in the ring. Too over dramatic.

Was happy that Thwagger wasn't given the belt again. They keep pushing "I Thought I thaw a Puddy Tat" Thwagger for some reason... and he suxx.
The Miz? Seriously? The only way him winning MITB will work is if they make him the very first person to NOT become champion after winning MITB.
They make Morrison a boob and The Miz a champion...(????) I watched a shoot with Sabu... he said Vince does drugs... I think I believe him now..
soulonfire
Headlining Clubs

Post by soulonfire »

The Nexus angle is screaming for a Wargames return. Especially after tonight's Raw.

Funny that people pegged Morrison as the breakout star and The Miz as the Jannetty of the team. I dig Miz, he just needs a name change.

Kane is world champ. I have a bad feeling we're looking at yet another UT/Kane showdown in the future.

CM Punk can be awesome, but he's just sputtering out now. This is the dude who cut promos between eliminations at RR 2010, which was great. He has potential for so much more.
Danzig in the Dark wrote:Roadhead, you are the Jar Jar Binks of Metal Sludge.
Kamikaze_Russo

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

I like The Miz. I think he's awesome.

...but yeah, needs a name change.
YYC

Post by YYC »

soulonfire wrote:The Nexus angle is screaming for a Wargames return. Especially after tonight's Raw.
That would be the motherfucking shit! I'd mark out like a bitch, but there's no way.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

bret hart being included at the end was a bit of a swerve. i figured it was going to be vince or kane.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Kid-Wicked wrote:bret hart being included at the end was a bit of a swerve. i figured it was going to be vince or kane.
I thought it was gonna be the return of Triple H.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Yup, I'd have bet money on #7 being HHH.
Oh well, still a good chance he's the "secret" GM. My money's still on Austin though. It's far to easy. Throw out a few quotes, sprinkle in a little attitude era shennigans, and trot old Stone Cold out once every few months, BINGO instant ratings.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Also there were no quotes for the 2nd week in a row. I wonder what is going to happen. Also it would be cool if they brought back Wargames. Did anyone see Cena's fucking stitches. I laughed my ass off for a good 5 minutes.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:Also there were no quotes for the 2nd week in a row. I wonder what is going to happen. Also it would be cool if they brought back Wargames. Did anyone see Cena's fucking stitches. I laughed my ass off for a good 5 minutes.
Correction. There were quotes last week. I posted a picture of Roddy Piper above. "Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions" was a saying Roddy used all the time...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Caustic Queen wrote:The Miz? Seriously? The only way him winning MITB will work is if they make him the very first person to NOT become champion after winning MITB.
While I like The Miz, I believe this is exactly what will happen. The fans love to hate him so much that it will be great when he fails at trying to become champ. Problem is, he'll probably carry that briefcase around until Wrestlemania...
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

BozoMcMetal wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:bret hart being included at the end was a bit of a swerve. i figured it was going to be vince or kane.
i was thinking that too, but he has no beef with them yet.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
BozoMcMetal wrote:
i was thinking that too, but he has no beef with them yet.
Correction, he could work the same beef with Nexus he had with RKO... quote " He kicked a 63 year old man in the head " Be awful easy to work in a little family revenge.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Credit: prowrestling.net

Here are some news and notes regarding TNA's ECW-themed PPV on August 8th:

- It appears that Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn is a lock to main event.

- Johnny Swinger is expected to appear on the show, possibly in a tag-team match with former partner Simon Diamond.

- There is interest in Justin Credible but nothing has been confirmed at this point.

- There is talk about airing sit-down interviews with former ECW stars in between matches.

- The pay for non-contracted wrestlers is said to be around $500-$1,000.

- It is also rumored that TNA will do some ECW-style house shows in markets where ECW was most popular.
Where's Izzy?
YYC

Post by YYC »

Angry Jew wrote:Credit: prowrestling.net

Here are some news and notes regarding TNA's ECW-themed PPV on August 8th:

- It appears that Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn is a lock to main event.

That should be worth the price of the PPV alone (or the time it takes to find a stream of it online). Those two had the best matches in the history of that company. I've never cared much for RVD, but something about Jerry Lynn brought out the best in him.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Nexus is just awesome, Summerslam will rule!

TNA plans an ECW event same month as Summerslam, Dumbass Dixie strikes again!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

I find myself caring less and less about TNA. This whole ECW thing is dull city...
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I am excited for the ECW thing.
Angry Jew
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

From JerryFNLynn.com:

My 2010 Schedule

Please contact me at [email protected] or write to me by clicking on the e mail link below. I will respond as soon as possible. Thank you.

Sun - Jul 11th - IWF - Golden, CO

Fri - Jul 23rd - ROH - Collinsville, IL

Sat - Jul 24th - ROH -Chicago Ridge, IL

Sun - Aug 8th - TNA Hard Justice PPV - Orlando, FL - vs RVD!

Sep 18th - Wrestlefest - Barnsley, England
Where's Izzy?
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

Credit: F4WOnline.com

Sources indicate that in a recent meeting with TNA President Dixie Carter, Paul Heyman emphasized he didn’t believe in drastic changes, bur rather the way to go is with new talent as the key stars while using a few veterans to give them credibility, not unlike how he used Terry Funk in the original ECW. Ironically, Heyman did not support the idea of an ECW invasion when it was brought up, yet Carter went ahead and did it anyway, plugging Tommy Dreamer into the role that essentially would have belonged to Heyman (both on-screen and behind the scenes).

Heyman is also said to have told Carter to her face that of the older legends they have under contract, she could keep one and get rid of the others, and she didn’t seem to understand why. Carter has been loyal to the stars of the past and has been resistant to giving anyone the authority to hire or fire people. This includes Vince Russo and even Jim Ross, back when they were making a serious play for him.

While the Heyman deal is cold, it is nowhere close to being dead. TNA sees Heyman’s asking for points in the company as merely a negotiating tactic and is still hopeful a deal can be reached.
Where's Izzy?
Angry Jew

Post by Angry Jew »

Credit: F4WOnline.com

It seems there might be some tension right now between WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and former WWE superstar Shawn Michaels. According to Dave Meltzer, McMahon recently made the call to have the announcers no longer mention Michaels on air and for there to be no footage of him shown on WWE television. Reports are circulating that the reasoning behind this was that Michaels was very unhappy about the Bryan Danielson situation. It's also believed that McMahon is upset that HBK decided to call time on his wrestling career, as McMahon felt there was still more years left in the tank. Michaels is said to be very distanced from having any involvement with wrestling at this point.
Where's Izzy?
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

might as well ripoff NXT

TNA new show OLD hosted by Paul Heyman, 8 OLD Superstars compete for 1 contract in TNA
Flair,Hogan,Foley,RVD,Dreamer,Sting,Angle,Jarret

OLD compete against each other, in singles and tag matches

every 3 weeks Heyman comes out and fires them live
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

Angry Jew wrote:Credit: F4WOnline.com

It seems there might be some tension right now between WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and former WWE superstar Shawn Michaels. According to Dave Meltzer, McMahon recently made the call to have the announcers no longer mention Michaels on air and for there to be no footage of him shown on WWE television. Reports are circulating that the reasoning behind this was that Michaels was very unhappy about the Bryan Danielson situation. It's also believed that McMahon is upset that HBK decided to call time on his wrestling career, as McMahon felt there was still more years left in the tank. Michaels is said to be very distanced from having any involvement with wrestling at this point.
I know not to believe everything you hear, but the fact that Vince is upset that a 45 year old man decided to retire is hilarious. Don't worry Vinnie, I'm sure Kevin Nash will be looking for work when his TNA contract expires later this year. But for now, maybe you could try and "create" some new "stars".

And Dixie not understanding why Heyman wants to get rid of the older guys or at least give them a diminished role speaks volumes about the state of TNA lol.
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.