The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Captain Morgan »

Space Bear wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:CM PUNK FUCKING RULES.
CM Punk is GOD.

One of the most amazing promos EVER.
I can't believe it...that was awesome.
drunklikeme
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by drunklikeme »

I agree. That was awsome. Just brutal.
SlayerNPG
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SlayerNPG »

I can't remember the last time I marked out for anything like CM Punk's promo tonight, that was nuts.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Any videos of it?
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

They're really running with this angle... Punk has been "suspended."
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
Sinderella
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sinderella »

WOW! If this is a work its fucking amazing!!! If he just went off on his own and is now out....good for him!
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

Sinderella wrote:WOW! If this is a work its fucking amazing!!! If he just went off on his own and is now out....good for him!
Those are my feelings...either way, it's great TV!
Sinderella

Post by Sinderella »

Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Heyman used to book far better promos, just not many while working for the shit for brains WWE, but a few hot ones... Paul E probably wrote that one.

It was all true... HHH IS A DOOFUS and STEPH SUCKS.

The rest of RAW had a few funny parts, a few minutes of entertaining 'work', CM Punk slamming Stupid Steph & Doofus the Nose and mentioning PAUL HEYMAN earning a couple cheers from me... and the rest was boring.
Special Guest from Smackdown: Kane.... AHHHH FUCK THAT LAME DINOSAUR!

Speaking of SLOW and DINO.... Holy fuck Mark Henry is immensely boring.

Vince really should send his stupid ass to late night ESPN2 so I can watch him lose badly in a real competition to several people who really are some of the Worlds Strongest Men.

Listen to the fans Vince... you A$$HOLE!

haha, Punk said Vince should be dead. :lol:
That's always funny.

Cena looked like he was gonna cry.

R Truth is much more fun running around acting fucking crazy than actually wrestling - and that sucks.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Wow, I dunno. I don't see him getting that kind of latitude and it NOT being a work. I mean had he been in for real "don't give a fuck" mode, they'd have cut him off immedately. I'm sure someone's given him some talking points, and told him to keep it PG-13. I'm betting that contract is signed and sitting in the safe in VKM's office right now. I'd say he wins the title from Cena, Vince strips him/fires him on the spot, then we don't hear shit 'till summerslam. CM Punk shows up and cleans house.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

It was a work they filmed the 4th of July raw right afterwards.
During that show Cena said he still wants C.M. Punk at the PPV.
Cena calls out Vince and they get in a pissing match with Vince telling Cena not to piss him off and to quit trying to go all Hogan on him.
Vince finally relents and reinstates Punk for the PPV but not before telling Cena that if he loses the belt he is fired.
UGH now we have another is Cena gonna be fired angle.
Either way with C.M. Punk and R Truth the WWE has two of the best heels going right now.
Work or not Punk's promo was great esp. the digg on Steph and HHH.
Does anybody else get annoyed with HHH's pet project Sin Cara lighting effect when he wrestles,just turn the fucking house lights on like you do for everybody else.
I'm sure the little kiddies will still buy his mask.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

SlayerNPG wrote:I can't remember the last time I marked out for anything like CM Punk's promo tonight, that was nuts.

THIS!!!

Best thing I've seen in over 10 years!!
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

This could end up being Punk's "3:16" moment, which would make his choice of shirt even cooler.
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
Kamikaze_Russo

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

Sources report that CM Punk’s entire promo at the end of RAW this week was improvised by Punk and not scripted. Nobody in the back knew what Punk was going to say until he said it live on RAW.

WWE officials told Punk to go out and say in his own words why he was leaving the company, why he wanted the WWE Title and why he wanted to leave with it in his possession. There was a discussion that when officials felt Punk was going too far, they would pull the plug on the segment and cut his mic.

It’s said that Punk was upset months ago when Triple H came back to feud with The Undertaker and while some of his comments on RAW towards Vince McMahon were well thought out to appear not as a shoot to the average viewer, most believe that Punk’s comments towards Triple H and John Laurinaitis were strictly a shoot.

Word also is that Punk had some notes for his speech jotted down on his wrist tape.

As far as his contract status, Punk’s deal apparently expires the second week of July but he signed an extension to work through Money in the Bank. Still with last night’s new storyline development, sources maintain that Punk is leaving at Money in the Bank.
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

I can't believe Vince would let anyone have that kind of freedom.
Maybe they let Punk riff, but I'd be shocked if there were no "bullet points".
I was really excited about this until they HAD to make it all about SuperCena.
The way to maximize this, in my mind, would be to have Punk win the belt in very controversial fashion, "leave the company" (after signing an extension, if he hasn't already), defend the title in ROH (it would provide some exposure for ROH in advance of their syndicated show in September) and have WWE guys do run-ins trying to steal the belt back to take home to Vince. Ultimately someone succeeds at stealing the belt and Punk goes back to WWE to try to get it back.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

The Rock has responded to C.M. Punk by stating it's simple business The Rock headling wrestlemania is because I will make more money in one night than you will in your lifetime.
OHH BURN score one for The Rock while I'm digging what C.M. Punk is doing he just got,got.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Lardbucket wrote:I can't believe Vince would let anyone have that kind of freedom.
The way to maximize this, in my mind, would be to have Punk win the belt in very controversial fashion, "leave the company" (after signing an extension, if he hasn't already), defend the title in ROH (it would provide some exposure for ROH in advance of their syndicated show in September) and have WWE guys do run-ins trying to steal the belt back to take home to Vince. Ultimately someone succeeds at stealing the belt and Punk goes back to WWE to try to get it back.
If that resulted in Cena having an ROH match than I'm all for it!
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Lardbucket wrote:I can't believe Vince would let anyone have that kind of freedom.

I like this idea with giving ROH the rub of a lifetime with a little cross promotion and giving TNA the middle finger. Could potentially be awesome if played out right.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

I've had the feeling for a while this is all part of a plan to get rid of the bling belt. I mean, not even Cena wears bling anymore. Plus it's been quite a while since there's been a belt destroyed.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get rid of the spinning bling belt it reminds me to much of the idiots on the road with their spinning wheels along with their concert size speakers that cost more than the actual car their attached too.
While we're on the subject what's the story behind the dog tags that Cena wears before each match?
MetalDad72
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by MetalDad72 »

Im feeling like they are going to try to unearth the Montreal Screwjob for MITB.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

eddie lee roth wrote:While we're on the subject what's the story behind the dog tags that Cena wears before each match?
Tags of pride
By: Zack Zeigler September 23, 2007
Tags: Glamazon on the warpath
Not even Rocawear designers could pinpoint when dog tags received an honorable discharge as exclusive military gear and marched their way into modern fashion. But since they became popular, modern trends have people sporting them for a variety of reasons: beliefs, religion, favorite quotes, marital status or even something as simple as a profile of name, age and hometown.

WWE Champion John Cena also wears dog tags -- but The Champ's reasoning has nothing to do with fashion. Cena began wearing his tags while filming WWE Films' second release, The Marine.

"I've always respected the principals of the military," Cena said. "When I started doing all the military appreciation events, like going to Iraq and training at Paris Island, I learned about the value of dog tags, not only from a literal standpoint but also an emotional standpoint."

Although a silver half-dollar sized item, the tags Cena wears around his neck and close to his heart are tangible representations of what fuels his will to succeed. Even without the dog tags around his neck, Cena has always held that desire to rise above the average. He graduated from Springfield College in Massachusetts an All-American Division II football player, a task that is unrealistic without focus and dedication. But his dog tags encapsulate family, tradition and honor, and contain a different sense of pride from being recognized as an outstanding football player or more recently, the longest reigning WWE champion in almost two decades.

"For me, what my dog tags stand for is very personal," he said. "Very personal."

Just how personal? When WWE.com requested The Champ hand them over for less than five minutes to snap a few photos, he responded with a cockeyed smirk, raised eyebrows and a "hell no." Refusing to part with them for less time than it takes to prepare a Lean Cuisine, Cena demonstrated how closely he has adopted their meaning. And while the writing on them would remain a mystery, he did reveal that he has "my family members on there, and everyone who is special to me."

But who can blame him for not wanting to share what's on them? Lately, he's been put through an emotional gauntlet, having to watch his father -- a man who most likely is one of the eight names engraved on one of the tags -- get abused by an imperious, gold hungry Randy Orton. The sight of Mr. Cena suffering and bloodied at the hands (or more literally, boot) of Orton has literally sent The Champ into an emotional frenzy.

It's not uncommon to see him gripping his dog tags when referencing just how much his family means to him, either. Cena made it clear through actions like attacking the Acting GM of Raw, Jonathan Coachman and getting disqualified at Unforgiven against Orton, that the only thing that could be considered as important as his WWE gold is the safety of his family. Like a true champion, he offered to relinquish his title to get his father out of a match with the ruthless, much younger Legend Killer.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/archive/09 ... mpsdogtags
Where's Izzy?
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Thanks for the reply Angry Jew,but wwe.com is like a internet version of wrestling magazines from back in the day.
And while I've seen him kiss them and put them in his pocket before matches I've also seen him hand them over to the ref before a match.
I was thinking they might have belonged to somebody who actually was in the military that he met on one of his goodwill trips perhaps we'll never know.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

WWE picked a badtime to tape 2 Raws in the same night!

they could of truly had all the fans thinks is this "real". It was obvious to me the whole speech was scripted and planned. If he were to say "maybe I show up in Orlando with TNA" thiin it would have been a shoot. He was cut off at 11:10. Still was entertaining.

its clear Vince was another screwjob for Money In The Bank. I think Punk and Rock will feud until Mania
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

LAglamrocker wrote:I think Punk and Rock will feud until Mania
They are gonna have to have that feud on Twitter. Rock isn't coming back even in a part-time capacity.
Where's Izzy?
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Angry Jew wrote:
LAglamrocker wrote:I think Punk and Rock will feud until Mania
They are gonna have to have that feud on Twitter. Rock isn't coming back even in a part-time capacity.

why not? movies?
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Captain Morgan wrote:Punk's in trouble again...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/04/cm-punk-w ... australia/

:roll:
Strategically in trouble. Working the ol' Brian Pillman gimmick with a couple of tweaks added to it. I think it rules.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

ParaDime77 wrote:
Captain Morgan wrote:Punk's in trouble again...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/04/cm-punk-w ... australia/

:roll:
Strategically in trouble. Working the ol' Brian Pillman gimmick with a couple of tweaks added to it. I think it rules.
I got a kick out of it. :lol: