The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by silent_eyes »

I just gotta say that the whole Curtis Axel mess is a total bust IMO. The "Paul Heyman guy" moniker works when it's real and you know it's real (like with Punk and Lesnar), but this just seems so forced. The guy just isn't good enough for this type of push, especially when they're making him out to be such a big deal even though he hasn't won a match in the last year. Now that I think of it, I honestly don't think he's won a match since him and Otunga were tag champs, and that was a good, long while back.

If they want him to be over so badly, why not let him win a match cleanly over Triple H or Cena? Or let him beat ANYONE cleanly?
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

ParaDime77 wrote:
Angry Jew wrote:TNA already had Lashley.He was "The Boss" Bobby Lashley or something like that.
Personally, I think TNA is dumb enough to bring in someone like Gene Snitsky and make it sound like a huge deal.

Quinton"Rampage"Jackson.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

silent_eyes wrote:I just gotta say that the whole Curtis Axel mess is a total bust IMO. The "Paul Heyman guy" moniker works when it's real and you know it's real (like with Punk and Lesnar), but this just seems so forced. The guy just isn't good enough for this type of push, especially when they're making him out to be such a big deal even though he hasn't won a match in the last year. Now that I think of it, I honestly don't think he's won a match since him and Otunga were tag champs, and that was a good, long while back.

If they want him to be over so badly, why not let him win a match cleanly over Triple H or Cena? Or let him beat ANYONE cleanly?
I'm diggin Curtis Axel myself although I agree about him needing to beat one of the top dogs hopefully nexy week HHH will do the right thing and take a beatin and get on with being the McMahon that he now is, it works out perfect he can trot his ass out somewhere down the line since he was never "offically" retired.

I guess his name is alright it'll take some getting used to, when he first showed up on tv I never understood why they wouldn't give him the Hennig name.

His dad was one of the all time greats and if you want to see where Dolph Ziggler gets some of his bouncing all over the ring watch some old Curt Hennig tapes the guy was a master at selling a beatdown.

These guys that are 3rd generation wrestlers are some really great workers, I can't stand Randy Orton I find him and his half snake man routine as irritating as the Hulk up routine that Hogan never stopped using, but I have to admit he's a good wrestler as is that one guy that's a pretty big deal in hollywood right now.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Slammiversary was solid throughout, with Ultimate X, the tag match, and curiously the cat fight standing out. Even the main event turned out surprisingly not shitty.
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

I hate the plugged Curtis Axel into a angle with Triple H right off the bat. They have started him looking weak and going to ruin the beginning of what could have been a great career. Signing Rampage Jackson isn't bad , and he is somewhat trained and has done some worked shows in Japan in the past. TNA has great workers, just horrible bookers. And quit jobbing A Double to punish him for Hemme's fuck up
KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

bigbuttskinner wrote:The opening of RAW started out great, then totally blew it after commercial. My God. Why not capitalize on The Shield interrupting Vince? Who the fuck is writing this?

Vince supposedly ordered a complete re-write the day of show...
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Quinton"Rampage"Jackson
Stupid move by TNA.

RambOWNED!!!
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Leppardmania wrote:
Quinton"Rampage"Jackson
Stupid move by TNA.
Maaaaaaaaaaabe not.
It sure looks like Dixie's using Bellitor's money to help shore up TNA shortcomings. I think Bjorn is getting a pretty big expansion in market exposure from the arrangement. King Mo may have been the first, but let's be honest here, he has no where near the recognition of a Rampage, the marketability, the skill with the media, or the experience Rampage had from the cross promos from Quinton's time in Japan.
I don't think this is a world changer for TNA, or Bellitor, but I think his move will go a whole lot further than the King Mo thing.
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

nakedmadman wrote:
Leppardmania wrote:
Quinton"Rampage"Jackson
Stupid move by TNA.
Maaaaaaaaaaabe not.
It sure looks like Dixie's using Bellitor's money to help shore up TNA shortcomings. I think Bjorn is getting a pretty big expansion in market exposure from the arrangement. King Mo may have been the first, but let's be honest here, he has no where near the recognition of a Rampage, the marketability, the skill with the media, or the experience Rampage had from the cross promos from Quinton's time in Japan.
I don't think this is a world changer for TNA, or Bellitor, but I think his move will go a whole lot further than the King Mo thing.
Bellator is owned by Spike TV.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

KneelandBobDylan wrote:
bigbuttskinner wrote:The opening of RAW started out great, then totally blew it after commercial. My God. Why not capitalize on The Shield interrupting Vince? Who the fuck is writing this?
Yeah - I thought that was going to signal the Shield (who I love) shifting to the next level. Instead... Nothing.

Likewise, I agree about Curtis - he's come out week - getting slapped to the ground by HHH in his first few minutes, and then three victories, none of which he can take credit for. They've completely failed to establish him as anything worth caring about.

However, I love the former Husky Harris's promos. That guy has potential.

And Daniel Bryan's stuff this week was great fun.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

demolition23 wrote:
KneelandBobDylan wrote:
Yeah - I thought that was going to signal the Shield (who I love) shifting to the next level. Instead... Nothing.

Likewise, I agree about Curtis - he's come out week - getting slapped to the ground by HHH in his first few minutes, and then three victories, none of which he can take credit for. They've completely failed to establish him as anything worth caring about.

However, I love the former Husky Harris's promos. That guy has potential.

And Daniel Bryan's stuff this week was great fun.
Their biggest problem is that they'd rather tell you someone is a big deal instead of showing you why that person is a big deal. It's like when Brock debuted... you KNEW he was going to be something big. I don't get that what soever with Curtis Axel. They're booking him nearly the exact same way they booked Tensai when he returned last year. He showed up, beat Alex Riley... then the let him go over Punk and Cena on back to back Raws. Now they're doing the same thing with Curtis Axel. If he truly does flop, again, I can see them having Heyman turn on him by having Brock just eviscerate the poor guy the next time he returns.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

He could flop big time because he doesn't have a fucking ounce of natural charisma.
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

I'll take Curtis Axel over the ultra over-hyped Shield any day.
He reminds me of the real Double A.
+ he doesn't have to wear a flak jacket like 2/3 of the Shield do to get over as a legit threat.
The boy is a Blue Chipper.
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

really good article about Jimmy Snuka and the death of his girlfriend in 1983.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-jimm ... full.story
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

Best moment of Raw was the beginning of the pairing of Antonio Ceasero with Zeb Coulter. Vince is gonna create the 1st Swiss Redneck.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Speaking of last night's show WTF was the deal with the weeks old storyline with HHH??? Talk about going nowhere.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

eddie lee roth wrote:Speaking of last night's show WTF was the deal with the weeks old storyline with HHH??? Talk about going nowhere.
It's weak and it's coming across as totally forced. Rollins/Bryan match stole the show!
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Yep and Bryan has been the MVP last two Monday's.
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

Bryan and Rollins stole the show, But this Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black from ROH shows how great they can be without the sports entertainment restrictions placed on them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhywAx6 ... e=youtu.be
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

BarbedwireBill wrote:Bryan and Rollins stole the show, But this Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black from ROH shows how great they can be without the sports entertainment restrictions placed on them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhywAx6 ... e=youtu.be
A lot of the folks who are down on Antonio Cesaro need to look up his time as Claudio Castonoli too. Guy's getting WASTED in the E right now.
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

I think we can all agree Cesaro should have gotten the "Paul Heyman guy" spot that was wasted on Curtis Axel.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I'm not ready to shit all over Curtis Axel, I think some of you might be jumping the gun just a bit on the guy.

Cesaro is one of the bright young future guys though no doubt about that.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

Woosh wrote:I think we can all agree Cesaro should have gotten the "Paul Heyman guy" spot that was wasted on Curtis Axel.
He was my pick, but it seems as though he's heading for a Swagger-style push with Zeb Colter. I really see him as a viable Money in the Bank winner this year, although I'm still waiting for Barrett or Rhodes to claim this one. Sandow is another pick.

As far as Curtis Axel, it will be interesting to see if he walks out the IC champ this Sunday. Would be a good move towards a strong push.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I can't believe after all the time they invested these past couple of Monday's HHH wouldn't lay down and take a beatin at the hands of Axel.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

The problem with Curtis Axel is not his in ring work. Dude's got some skills, nothing world shattering, but there's talent there. The problem is, Curt has all the charisma of a turnip. He was bland and boring as Michael McGillicutty, and things haven't changed. That's why the shield, D.Bryan, and Antonio Cesaro will all go further. Dean Ambrose's mix work will carry Rollins and Rains for a long way, Cesaro just needs to be turned loose, and Danial Bryan will just get bigger. I don't see Axel lasting long. Not as a singles guy anyway. If the E ever decides to take tag wrestling seriously again, maybe.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

it's time to bring back the dudleys. all three of them.

i'd love to see tajiri back too.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

Kid-Wicked wrote:it's time to bring back the dudleys. all three of them.

The Dudley's r in aces and 8's fool!

Wwe sux!
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

paule5150 wrote:really good article about Jimmy Snuka and the death of his girlfriend in 1983.

Wow :shock: :shock: :shock: ......I never heard this story before. Sounds like Snuka should be in jail for murder.

RambOWNED!!!
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:it's time to bring back the dudleys. all three of them.

The Dudley's r in aces and 8's fool!

Wwe sux!
I for one would love to see Cena run over Bully Ray on a b-level ppv. Rise above Bullying.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
gatomike

Post by gatomike »

Leppardmania wrote:
paule5150 wrote:really good article about Jimmy Snuka and the death of his girlfriend in 1983.

Wow :shock: :shock: :shock: ......I never heard this story before. Sounds like Snuka should be in jail for murdee .

This is a famous story thats been around forever.

I heard he lost his push and did not wrestle on mania cause when WWF started hitting it big real big in 85 vinne Mac did not wan the bad publicity from this to get out all over the place.