The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by nakedmadman »

They probably had to, just to reconcile the storyline between her and Bubba Ray.
Kat13
Opening for Slaughter

Post by Kat13 »

Any links for SummerSlam?
Kat13
Opening for Slaughter

Post by Kat13 »

Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

So, am I the first to say it?

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.
NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.

:lol:
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

i only saw the main event. the site i was watching it on had a chat screen open and EVERYBODY called the after match shmoz exactly the way it happened.
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

paule5150 wrote:Good Triple H interview

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/958 ... r-triple-h
Yeah, I read this earlier today. Definitely a pro-click.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

That's one of the better interviews I've read in a while. You can really tell that the man eat, sleeps and breathes the business. I have no doubt at all that the company is in the best hands possible when Vince finally steps away.
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

It's been common knowledge for a while that Jim Neidhart hasn't been in the best shape, physically or mentally, for years now. But I didn't know it was THIS bad:

http://wapc.mlb.com/play?content_id=300 ... d=21753540

It's seriously hard to watch. The guy needs help and needs it now.
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

silent_eyes wrote:It's been common knowledge for a while that Jim Neidhart hasn't been in the best shape, physically or mentally, for years now. But I didn't know it was THIS bad:

http://wapc.mlb.com/play?content_id=300 ... d=21753540

It's seriously hard to watch. The guy needs help and needs it now.
You beat me to it. Just saw that a few minutes ago and that is depressing as fuck.

I'm surprised Bret maintained his composure. Christ, most of those wrestlers from the 80s are beyond messed up now. Only a few made it out OK
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

Man, that really is hard to watch. I always loved Anvil and wished they'd bring him back even for one of their legends night gimmicks, but I can see why they haven't.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:So AJ is officially the CM Punk of the Diva's Division? I think that was the best promo I've ever heard from a Diva.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dioTbbdNedo
That was a nice pipe bomb! I might just have to start watching wrestling again.
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

That-guy wrote:
TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:So AJ is officially the CM Punk of the Diva's Division? I think that was the best promo I've ever heard from a Diva.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dioTbbdNedo
That was a nice pipe bomb! I might just have to start watching wrestling again.
That shit was EPIC. Felt very uncomfortable & tense. Great shoot.

I'd Like to thank Time Warner Cable for making me miss it Due to their awful service and regional outage that lasted 12 fuckin hours.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

It's better bad when your biggest angles in the last 10 years are worked shoots at the company.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

Am I crazy or didn't Big Show sign an iron clad contract in the Larangitus era meaning he couldn't be fired, but yet he is sitting ringside and not doing anything for fear of being fired, nice continuation of storyline vince
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

BootyDaddy69 wrote:Am I crazy or didn't Big Show sign an iron clad contract in the Larangitus era meaning he couldn't be fired, but yet he is sitting ringside and not doing anything for fear of being fired, nice continuation of storyline vince
Yeah, they assume fans have the attention spans of goldfish.

or

In McMahon logic, when Johnny Ace got "fired" and IRL demoted, everything he did in storyline was magically undone. NEVER trust an ironclad WWE contract! :lol: Just ask Test, he was supposed to have Alliance immunity!!!
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by nakedmadman »

Actually, upon his return, BigSlow stated that he'd signed a new contract.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

I saw Mick Foley's comedy show last week here in Buffalo. It was sold out (I'd say 400 people).Not bad for a Wednesday night. Anyway it was better than I expected based on some previous youtube clips. I don't know a wrestling fan who wanted to meet Mick Foley and hasn't as he is easily one of the nicest and most personable big time wrestlers. He did his set followed by a short Q&A and then a M&G. He could have easily been there for hours based on the long line to meet him. I proudly represented Sludge at the show. During the show Mick told us that when taking pics with us he'd be looking away because the flash hurts his eyes. Overall it was definitely worth $20-25.

Where's Izzy?
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

BarbedwireBill wrote:It's better bad when your biggest angles in the last 10 years are worked shoots at the company.
Yep
Turns out the whole AJ "pipebomb" was in fact a work for the season finale of Total Divas. She's set to drop the strap at Night Of Champions to one of the cast members (rumored to be Nattie). Which sucks BC Kaitlyn is red hot right now and deserves the strap.

And my money's on Daniel Bryan winning the strap from Orton.
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Artemis2085 wrote:
BarbedwireBill wrote:It's better bad when your biggest angles in the last 10 years are worked shoots at the company.
Yep
Turns out the whole AJ "pipebomb" was in fact a work for the season finale of Total Divas. She's set to drop the strap at Night Of Champions to one of the cast members (rumored to be Nattie). Which sucks BC Kaitlyn is red hot right now and deserves the strap.

And my money's on Daniel Bryan winning the strap from Orton.
if it happens on wwe, it's a work.
ask bill.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Angry Jew wrote:I saw Mick Foley's comedy show last week here in Buffalo. It was sold out (I'd say 400 people).Not bad for a Wednesday night. Anyway it was better than I expected based on some previous youtube clips. I don't know a wrestling fan who wanted to meet Mick Foley and hasn't as he is easily one of the nicest and most personable big time wrestlers. He did his set followed by a short Q&A and then a M&G. He could have easily been there for hours based on the long line to meet him. I proudly represented Sludge at the show. During the show Mick told us that when taking pics with us he'd be looking away because the flash hurts his eyes. Overall it was definitely worth $20-25.

I met him at a comedy gig as well and he wore sunglasses for the same reason. He has light sensitivity...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Remember when Bret and Shawn worked themselves into a shoot?

That shit just happened with the Divas. Nattie and Brie each caught a potato.

Thoroughly Entertaining Raw tonight. Best show I have seen in quite many months.
Professional Hater
ultraphobic71
Headlining Clubs

Post by ultraphobic71 »

Im still thinking that in a couple of months,Daniel Bryan will get help from an old teacher,Shawn Michaels. Or here's a wild card,I can see the McMahon's having everybody around the ring and Vince says something in the lines of that there have been no one who ever went against us will ever be successful.Then you hear the glass breaks!lol
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

ultraphobic71 wrote:Im still thinking that in a couple of months,Daniel Bryan will get help from an old teacher,Shawn Michaels. Or here's a wild card,I can see the McMahon's having everybody around the ring and Vince says something in the lines of that there have been no one who ever went against us will ever be successful.Then you hear the glass breaks!lol
it's an old gimmick. austin was against vince. dx. mick foley. the rock. flair. did cena do it too?

i doubt hbk would be put into that role because of hunter unless their going to work an angle against each other.

is the rock filming anything right now? austin has a movie coming up so if it was him it would be one and done.

maybe taker?
Last edited by Kid-Wicked on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Angry Jew wrote:Image
I'm a big Mick Foley fan, and I also suffer from light sensitivity, but this just looks dumb. If you know you're going to be taking pictures, wear sunglasses. It may seem silly, seeing Foley in shades, but it would look better than this.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

That-guy wrote:
Angry Jew wrote:Image
I'm a big Mick Foley fan, and I also suffer from light sensitivity, but this just looks dumb. If you know you're going to be taking pictures, wear sunglasses. It may seem silly, seeing Foley in shades, but it would look better than this.
Read my comment above. He usually wears shades...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

From WWE.com:

"WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross announced that he is retiring from WWE, after 20 years of service, to focus on his personal business endeavors."

Vince McMahon posted on Twitter:

"@VinceMcMahon: Thank you @JRsBBQ for 20 years of service with @WWE."
Where's Izzy?
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

WWE Hall of Fame announcer Jim Ross's retirement was in-part decided by WWE head Vince McMahon, according to the Wrestling Observer.

Ross and McMahon reportedly met on Wednesday to discuss Ross's future with the company, which led to the decision for Ross to "retire from WWE."

According to the report, Ross's future was up in the air following Summerslam Weekend in August, where Ross was partially blamed for Ric Flair's behavior during a 2K Sports gathering to promote the "WWE 2K14" video game.

WWE management reportedly felt that Ross, who was the host of the gathering, should have cut off Flair when he went off-script and made "controversial" remarks about WWE.

"They told me to entertain and I did," Flair said on "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's podcast in August following the event. "But, apparently it wasn't received the way it was supposed to be. I guess we just drifted and told stories. They wanted the focus of the evening to be about the game. Everybody with the game (2K Sports) was happy with it except for WWE Corporate"

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/WWE_ ... jEFxH_lfms
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

That man made so many classic calls

Too bad he wont have the balls to do it he could write an amazing book revealing all the wwf/e dirty secrets
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you