The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by LAglamrocker »

you sure? your boyfriend AJ is gone
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

I would buy a blu-ray of all Warrior's interview segments and promos.

Match-wise, I'm struggling to think of what people would actually watch. He did Mania with Hogan, that was good. Probably his best, considering it's Mania, champion vs. champion, atmosphere, etc.
Then he had some good work with Rude before the Hogan stuff. Like Rude busted his ass for Ultimate Warrior. He even let the man PILEDRIVE him.
Then he did Mania with Randy Savage, and that was pretty good.
Beyond that, I can't think of any other great matches in which he was ever involved.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

LAglamrocker wrote:you sure? your boyfriend AJ is gone
Get it right, Cult's boyfriend is Jeff Jarrett. Plus AJ is still there. They have an angle where he's traveling the world defending the title, and Dixie is crying and moaning that he's not legitimate. Not sure where they'll go with the storyline once they crown a new champ and it's disputed.

That said, TNA sucks...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Monty610 wrote:
LAglamrocker wrote:you sure? your boyfriend AJ is gone
Get it right, Cult's boyfriend is Jeff Jarrett. Plus AJ is still there. They have an angle where he's traveling the world defending the title, and Dixie is crying and moaning that he's not legitimate. Not sure where they'll go with the storyline once they crown a new champ and it's disputed.

That said, TNA sucks...
His contract is officially up on the 16th according to many of the news sites. Word is they wanted him to take a paycut and he tokd them no... so as of right now they are far apart in terms of money. Not to mention *SPOILER* ...........

He lost the title to Magnus at the tapings last week that airs in January and he gave his goodbye speech afterwards.
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

I don't see AJ leaving, He isn't going to earn a living on the indies and the WWE has no interest in him at all. And if they did take him they'd run him through the training center in Tampa as a rookie. He may take a break from TNA but I think he will be back sooner then later.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Wow...Magnus as champ.

Yep, TNA sucks...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

Monty610 wrote:Wow...Magnus as champ.

Yep, TNA sucks...
I'm going to give this a chance before I shit on it.
Magnus is going to be Dixie's "pet champ" and he has that smug face and character to make it interesting.
The writing has been better lately, so I'm more optimistic about TNA than I have been in a while.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

Woosh wrote:I would buy a blu-ray of all Warrior's interview segments and promos.

Match-wise, I'm struggling to think of what people would actually watch. He did Mania with Hogan, that was good. Probably his best, considering it's Mania, champion vs. champion, atmosphere, etc.
Then he had some good work with Rude before the Hogan stuff. Like Rude busted his ass for Ultimate Warrior. He even let the man PILEDRIVE him.
Beyond that, I can't think of any other great matches in which he was ever involved.
Pretty much.

It's being advertised at 6 hours. Did he even have 6 hours of ring work? Im guessing mostly interviews (epic) and unaired matches.

Another problem is he wrestled the same guy like 3 times. Which do you pick? Rude match at SummerSlam '89 was great despite the cheap finish, obviously Hogan, and both against Savage were amazing but you gotta give it to WM7. I mean holy fuckin amazeballs.

But there's lots of odd stuff that was Coliseum only. For instance a tag match with fuckin Jake Roberts as his tag partner. Wtf.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Artemis2085 wrote:
Woosh wrote:I would buy a blu-ray of all Warrior's interview segments and promos.

Pretty much.

It's being advertised at 6 hours. Did he even have 6 hours of ring work? Im guessing mostly interviews (epic) and unaired matches.

Another problem is he wrestled the same guy like 3 times. Which do you pick? Rude match at SummerSlam '89 was great despite the cheap finish, obviously Hogan, and both against Savage were amazing but you gotta give it to WM7. I mean holy fuckin amazeballs.

But there's lots of odd stuff that was Coliseum only. For instance a tag match with fuckin Jake Roberts as his tag partner. Wtf.
I'm sure they could throw on some of his work as part of the Blade Runners with Sting (they do own the UWF footage now,right?) as well as the WCCW footage as The Dingo Warrior. Add on his WCW match(es) and you easily have 6 hours. I hope there is some new interview footage that was filmed around the same time the same time that the new WWE video game was released this year.

As an easter egg they could put on his comeback match against Orlando Jordan from 2008.
Where's Izzy?
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

A favorite long lost clip. I think Sting bailed to UWF and Warrior to WCCW within a month of this airing, Maybe a bit more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6pFj_dRiQY
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

I never saw any footage from Warrior's WCCW days, but I shudder to imagine that there once existed an even greener Warrior than the one fans saw debut in the WWF. :lol:

As far as matches:
-Gotta include Honky Tonk Man vs. Ultimate Warrior in the IC Title squash. Doesn't count for much time-wise, but it's definitely one of his most memorable moments.

-all the Rude/Warrior stuff, in an ideal set, would be included. It's literally the best series he ever worked. When I said Rude busted his ass for the guy, I mean it literally! He took a bump that ended up fucking up his tailbone, and he had to work in serious pain for a while. But if we had to put only one, you gotta have Summerslam '90 in the cage. That shit was bananas!

-When it comes to Savage, I'd agree with Artemis, and say Mania VII.

-I WONDER WONDER WONDER if they will include Warrior's squash of HHH at Mania XII? They should, because that shit was hilarious! :lol:
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

sliquor

Post by sliquor »

Woosh wrote:-I WONDER WONDER WONDER if they will include Warrior's squash of HHH at Mania XII? They should, because that shit was hilarious! :lol:
Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzzmvDuswHc

I've read that Hunter was nagging Pat Patterson that this match needed to be more dramatic & longer with back & forth action. :roll:
That match was exactly what it needed to be - a major star returning & squashing a (at the time) mid-carder.
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Artemis2085 wrote:WWE have confirmed a 3-disc Ultimate Warrior "match collection & feature". The project is being fast-tracked for an April release, thus warming up those HOF rumors.

Is it too late to get in on Wrestlemania 30?

With Warrior, Jake, Freebirds all rumored...I must go.
I really would like to see again the matches he had with Andre the giant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWDi7rabGSI

That will fill some times warrior pinned him in 30 seconds :lol:
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

They could find Hellwig's Sugar Daddy and let him tell some of his Gay for Pay stories.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

BarbedwireBill wrote:They could find Hellwig's Sugar Daddy and let him tell some of his Gay for Pay stories.
That man is long dead.

He was an older gay man who paid for Warrior to go to chiropractic school and his early training etc.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
Kat13
Opening for Slaughter

Post by Kat13 »

BarbedwireBill wrote:They could find Hellwig's Sugar Daddy and let him tell some of his Gay for Pay stories.
Stuff like this makes Warrior's rampant homophobia even more hilarious :lol:
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

sliquor wrote:
Woosh wrote:-I WONDER WONDER WONDER if they will include Warrior's squash of HHH at Mania XII? They should, because that shit was hilarious! :lol:
Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzzmvDuswHc

I've read that Hunter was nagging Pat Patterson that this match needed to be more dramatic & longer with back & forth action. :roll:
That match was exactly what it needed to be - a major star returning & squashing a (at the time) mid-carder.

I would be willing to bet my left nut that mature businessman and high-ranking official in a multi-million dollar publicly traded company Paul "HHH" Levesque would, no questions asked, bring Warrior in for Mania THIS YEAR if it was up to him. The Mania XII match has probably never left his mind; and I can guarantee you he STILL wants his win back. :lol:

That is literally the ONLY time the Pedigree has been completely one-hundred percent no-sold, and it was the fucking Warrior. Even Undertaker laid down for 2.9 before kicking out.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

Merry Christmas from Georgia Championship Wrestling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMJKa4qwM2g
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

paule5150 wrote:Merry Christmas from Georgia Championship Wrestling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMJKa4qwM2g
LOL! That is awesome! I wish I had this video yesterday!

Better than the WrestleRock Rumble vid? Maybe.*

*Actually, nothing tops the wrestlerock rumble:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdnB7OLHNwM

Bockwinkel has got some flow for real.
I give Larry Z second place for his passion.
I think Big Scott Hall and Curt were OK.
And poor old Verne, bless his heart. Terrible. Greg, however, was a better rapper than wrestler.
Such a great clip! Verne was like "gotta capitalize on the Super Bowl Shuffle? I know....WretleRock Rumble! Then we can have our own hit song and everything!" :lol:
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Just noticed that TNA is coming my way next month and that Sting was added to the show which shocked me since hasn't wrestled a show here since at least '96.

Anyways... I naturally assumed they were coming to the much bigger hall... but apparently that was giving them too much credit. They're having the show in a freakin' middle school gym. How on earth this company is still alive at this point is beyond me.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

abdulla the butcher has hep c. cuts another worker with his blade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLnAPcel0cA
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

I haven't posted in this thread in a while. It hasn't been too lively for a long while now and that sorta makes me sad for some strange reason lol

ANYWAY - How many Raws will Bryan & Punk have to save?

With regards to the Warrior Conversation…
Matches not mentioned: Warrior's feud with The Undertaker, including the body bag match.
Warrior & Papa Shango feud - for better or worse lol
Warrior VS Sgt. Slaughter (Macho King costs him the belt if I remember correctly)
Warrior & Mr. Perfect had some great matches
And the Survivor Series with Warrior, Texas Tornado & Legion Of Doom was classic!

Also, I forget who he eliminated but I remember one of his (many) big returns at the Royal Rumble where he ran in eliminated someone then eliminated himself and ran out - fuckin classic lol

They could also include Warrior returning to save Hogan - I believe it was from Papa Shango and maybe Sycho Sid?

I'll always be a huge Warrior fan and would LOVE to be able to be at the Hall Of Fame should he get inducted.

If this DVD does in fact happen as well as the HOF, I wonder what kind of stipulations Warrior has. After the 'Destruction of…' DVD - are we going to see people within WWE do a 180 and talk good about Warrior?
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

I really wish they wouldn't split The Shield so soon but if they must I guess I'm glad it's Punk causing the dissension.

I love The Wyatts in terms of the promo work Bray does and I love the old school Wrestling Characters and feel they bring back to Wrestling, but I still can't help but be bored by most of their matches. Even Bryan couldn't save the matches tonight, but the ending with him joining them was interesting.

Recent rumors have Cena vs Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania, which I find hard to believe but if it is to happen at some point I think you can kind of write the rest of this storyline…Cena has to save Bryan from The Wyatts, blah blah blah. If all of this is just to turn Bryan heel, give him the belt and have him and Punk go at Mania, then I'm all for it but I don't see that happening.

I'm still very much a dork so next week's Oldschool RAW has me excited lol
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

John Cena fights Bray Wyatt for the soul of Daniel Bryan. Sounds about right.

Maybe a "Daniel Bryan on a pole" match?
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

Next weeks Old School Raw should be interesting, I wonder if they will book IRS (Mike Rotundo) to do anything with his son Bray Wyatt
sliquor

Post by sliquor »

I've heard the New Age Outlaws mentioned for next Monday.
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

And post rehab Ric Flair is appearing. DDP is lobbying them to us Jake the Snake since Dallas is scheduled to appear as well
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

I love it! They fire Jim Ross for being unable to control Ric Flair who was being an embarrassment to the company at a 2K discussion panel (when he was really just being "Ric Flair" and was actually kinda funny and entertaining). Then, a scant three months later, they bring Ric Flair back for Raw.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
BarbedwireBill
Recording Your Demo

Post by BarbedwireBill »

Woosh wrote:I love it! They fire Jim Ross for being unable to control Ric Flair who was being an embarrassment to the company at a 2K discussion panel (when he was really just being "Ric Flair" and was actually kinda funny and entertaining). Then, a scant three months later, they bring Ric Flair back for Raw.
Ross was fired for being as drunk as Flair. Everybody knows you can't control Ric in that type of setting. That's like asking him to not cry. Good Ole' JR was as drunk as Flair and was caught drinking at the bar with Austin and Flair moments before going on stage.