The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Abyss got burned badly Sunday at the TNA ppv. His arm is all fucked up.
MechanicalBride
Music Fan

Post by MechanicalBride »

In regards to RVD, I'm pretty sure you get fined a grand for smoking weed, rather than strikes/fired. Although there could be more to that story, I'm not exactly up to speed at the minute, but thats what I thought.

Regarding Lance Cade, JR said something in his blog about him making a major error. Check it out...but it seems to point to drugs.
MechanicalBride
Music Fan

Post by MechanicalBride »

From JR's blog:

As many of you know, Lance Cade was abruptly released from his contract this week much to the surprise of many of us. I have always thought that Cade had a wealth of physical potential and he was always a polite young man in my dealings with him. Like many fans, I too did my share of arm chair quarterbacking as to why Cade was not featured in a more prominent role on WWE TV programming. However it seemed that in the past several weeks those issues were being addressed even to the point of Cade defeating HBK on a recent Monday Night Raw.

The story that I have read on many internet sites about the reason for Cade's sudden dismissal isn't accurate. Many punhdits speculate that Cade was dismissed because of a bad performance in a recent TV bout against DX on Raw which is absolutely untrue. Lance's dismissal had zero to do with his in ring performances or his lack of ability.

Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medial care. Luckily, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and was instrumental in helping Lance get taken to a hospital where a battery of tests were run that luckily determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with the young man such as a brain tumor, etc.

Everyone makes mistakes, Lord knows I have made plenty in my career, but in this day and time some mistakes just simply can't be condoned. To some fans, Lance Cade will likely still be perceived as the victim in this matter and his punishment too harsh.

Under the circumstances of the situation, I don't know what other decision the WWE could have made. I'm just relieved that it wasn't me in my former role that would have had to address this matter. I really like this kid and hope that he continues to follow his dreams. Second chances are not foreign in the wrestling business so perhaps that could be in Lance's future but that's just a personal observation.

Lance Cade is a talented young man whose best days should be ahead of him and I wish him nothing but success. Lance has been knocked down and now it is up to him to get off the canvas and get back in the game. I'm damn sure pulling for him.

Let's hope Lance's peers are paying attention to this situation.
BronzeWarlock
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by BronzeWarlock »

Sounds like drugs to me.

And another potential star shoots himself in the foot.
nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by nakedmadman »

BronzeWarlock wrote:Sounds like drugs to me.

Dumbass. Utter dumbass. Oh well, who's running the over under board on how long it's going to take Cade to end up over on TnA?
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

nakedmadman wrote:
BronzeWarlock wrote:Sounds like drugs to me.

Dumbass. Utter dumbass. Oh well, who's running the over under board on how long it's going to take Cade to end up over on TnA?
Kurt Angle will be leading the recruiting campaign to bring Cade in. Not because Angle is a big fan of Cade or that he thinks he can help TNA, more because Angle is curious to see what kind of drugs Cade was taking and to see if hes got any more...
LynnrdVonHetfield
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by LynnrdVonHetfield »

Just finished reading Chris Jericho's book. Very good read, a little disappointed that it ended with him just coming to WWE, the book ends right as he was making his debut in Chicago.

I would like to see him write a second book, his tenure in the E, what caused him to leave for those couple of years and what brought him back.

He was pretty honest, dished a little dirt on some guys from his past but if there just could have been a few more chapters.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

he is writing another book. first one was a great read. my gf liked it and she doesn't like wrestling.
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

As for Lance Cade, I've read a couple of sites that say he was intoxicated on a plane and had a seizure.

And yet Jeff Hardy still has a job :roll: ............
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
BronzeWarlock
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by BronzeWarlock »

LynnrdVonHetfield wrote:Just finished reading Chris Jericho's book. Very good read, a little disappointed that it ended with him just coming to WWE, the book ends right as he was making his debut in Chicago.

I would like to see him write a second book, his tenure in the E, what caused him to leave for those couple of years and what brought him back.

He was pretty honest, dished a little dirt on some guys from his past but if there just could have been a few more chapters.
The way I understand it, it's supposed to be out next Fall...UNDISPUTED ATTITUDE.

Nice title.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Maybe they can bill Cade as "The New Greatest Acquisition In TNA History." :roll:
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

yeti dude! why makes you think vince was or is a pot head?

i don't see it.
All the wrestlers who have said they've gotten loaded with him over the decades.

...well it's obvious Cade wasn't stoned.

But they would have suspended him anyway sooner or later if he tested bad for weed.
:roll:
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

What is Foleys earth shattering announcement on TNA iMPACT next week? I am gonna watch ,should be cool live in Vegas, it is gonna sell out and the crowd should be good.

We cut to the back where JB follows Jeff Jarrett and Mick Foley to a car. Mick says they’re headed to Vegas and next week “he has a major announcement to make” that will “shake the foundation of the wrestling world!” Mick then says “what happens in Vegas…will be shared with the rest of the world!”

Also.....
AUTOGRAPHED STING BASEBALL BAT

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY, STING HAS MADE HIS TRADEMARK BASEBALL BAT FOR SALE TO THE PUBLIC. IT IS AN OFFICIAL 34 INCH 33 OUNCE BLACK AND SILVER LOUISVILLE SLUGGER GENUINE STING MODEL MADE EXCLUSIVELY FOR STING. HE HAS AUTOGRAPHED THESE FOR HIS FANS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HIS 20 PLUS YEAR CAREER.

THERE ARE ONLY 100 OF THESE SPECIAL BATS FOR SALE. THEY WILL BE SERIAL NUMBERED TO ONLY 100. THIS LIMITED THEY SHOULD SELL FOR $500 OR MORE.

AS A SPECIAL ONE TIME OFFER AND I MEAN ONE TIME ONLY WE WILL OFFER THESE BATS FOR ONLY $149.99

THAT IS CORRECT $149.99 !!!!!!!!!!!
IF THEY ARE EVER OFFERED AGAIN THEY WILL BE PRICED MUCH HIGHER DUE TO THE COST TO GET THEM MADE. DON'T MISS OUT ON AN OPPORTUNITY TO GET THE GREATEST STING DEAL EVER OFFERED. ACT NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE!!!
Where's Izzy?
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Angry Jew wrote:What is Foleys earth shattering announcement on TNA iMPACT next week? I am gonna watch ,should be cool live in Vegas, it is gonna sell out and the crowd should be good.

We cut to the back where JB follows Jeff Jarrett and Mick Foley to a car. Mick says they’re headed to Vegas and next week “he has a major announcement to make” that will “shake the foundation of the wrestling world!” Mick then says “what happens in Vegas…will be shared with the rest of the world!”

Earth shattering would be that The Rock and Sock Connection are reuniting in TNA! Hey... stranger things have happened.

That said... earth shattering in TNA probably means that Mick is now commissioner and his first order of business is making a "Reverse Sock on a Pole Match" for the #4 contendership to the TNA title. The match will feature 11 TNA wrestlers, 7 Elvis impersonators, 5 former NASCAR pitcrew members, 4 midgets, 3 transgenders, Lanny Poffo, a cigar store indian, and a talking mule.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

is the sting bat they're selling made of rubber like the real one?
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Sabu wrote:That said... earth shattering in TNA probably means that Mick is now commissioner and his first order of business is making a "Reverse Sock on a Pole Match" for the #4 contendership to the TNA title. The match will feature 11 TNA wrestlers, 7 Elvis impersonators, 5 former NASCAR pitcrew members, 4 midgets, 3 transgenders, Lanny Poffo, a cigar store indian, and a talking mule.
That would be entertaining depending on what midgets they get. I wonder if the WWE still owns the patent on "Mini-Mankind" and "Mini-Vader?" And if Ronnie Garvin/Miss Atlanta Lively is one of the transgenders...

And wow... imagine if they sell out the Joint at the Hard Rock. What an accomplishment.

Meanwhile it's two weeks from the big TNA swing through Southern California and I haven't seen one ad. They're playing a 90 year old venue out in Bakersfield, a brand new 11,000 seat arena that opens this week out in the inland empire, and an ancient convention center across from Disneyland that last had a wrestling event in 1994 (when Flair vs Hogan topped a WCW card that drew less than 800).

I think it's fair to say TNA won't be looking to return and do a pauy-per-view here after the upcoming dasaster!
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

Garbageman wrote:
Sabu wrote:I'm kind of surprised Vince hasn't attempted to get involved in MMA yet. With WWE's marketing and production standards, I would think Vince would be jumping at the chance to tap into that market.
He needs to get involved in all girl banked track roller derby if he wants a challenge!
Vince McMahon getting involved in roller derby would ruin half of what's awesome about the sport.
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Living Dangerously bump.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Halloween wrote:
Sabu wrote:Earth shattering would be that The Rock and Sock Connection are reuniting in TNA! Hey... stranger things have happened.

That said... earth shattering in TNA probably means that Mick is now commissioner and his first order of business is making a "Reverse Sock on a Pole Match" for the #4 contendership to the TNA title. The match will feature 11 TNA wrestlers, 7 Elvis impersonators, 5 former NASCAR pitcrew members, 4 midgets, 3 transgenders, Lanny Poffo, a cigar store indian, and a talking mule.
Sabu's Ass is headed to TNA? Call 1-888-TNA-RULZ now for more info!
My ass managed in the GWE, NOT the WWE. Therefore TNA is not interested...
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Sabu wrote:
Angry Jew wrote:What is Foleys earth shattering announcement on TNA iMPACT next week? I am gonna watch ,should be cool live in Vegas, it is gonna sell out and the crowd should be good.

Earth shattering would be that The Rock and Sock Connection are reuniting in TNA! Hey... stranger things have happened.

Mick is gonna put me over. I'll be the hottest TNA babe around. Shit they might even make a tranny version of the Nitro Girls when its all said and done.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Santino got hurt hitting Hacksaw with the guitar. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Holy shit it is only half over but this has been a great iMPACT! They need to take it on the road and have it live more often.I like this idea of the Main Event Mafia, even if it is a lot like WCW Millionaires VS.New Blood feud. WCW had some horrible guys in that feud like Mike Sanders.
Where's Izzy?
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

So tonight's "MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT" was that Mick Foley is now a kayfabe investor in TNA... Suddenly my idea for the Reverse Sock On A Poll match doesn't sound as underwhelming now does it?

At least the rest of the show was watchable... even it did have less wrestling in a two-hour show than WWECW has in their 60 minute show.

On a side note... Foley shows up and they announce he's signed a 6-month deal with the company. Then they announce he's signed for one night only even after making a half dozen appearances. Then he's back the next week to give his farewell address. Now he's a part owner.

Next week... Mick Foley attempts to break Bill Goldberg's undefeated streak!
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Sabu wrote:So tonight's "MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT" was that Mick Foley is now a kayfabe investor in TNA... Suddenly my idea for the Reverse Sock On A Poll match doesn't sound as underwhelming now does it?

At least the rest of the show was watchable... even it did have less wrestling in a two-hour show than WWECW has in their 60 minute show.

On a side note... Foley shows up and they announce he's signed a 6-month deal with the company. Then they announce he's signed for one night only even after making a half dozen appearances. Then he's back the next week to give his farewell address. Now he's a part owner.

Next week... Mick Foley attempts to break Bill Goldberg's undefeated streak!
Yeah I found it kind of weird too.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Main Event Mafia < Evolution < The Four Horsemen
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

Gotta love storyline logic as about a year ago Kurt Angle beat the shit out of Sting's son! I guess time does heal all wounds.

Oh TNA!!!!

Although I can't wait for Foley's next book where he discusses the backstage stuff in TNA. I'm sure that stuff would be aneurysm inducing!
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

In even bigger news, there's a 3 disc Kane set coming out. The major highlight of the set is his match with Snitsky!

And if Snitsky is jobbing out to Rey Mysterio in 2 minutes, will he still have a contract in another week or two?
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Garbageman wrote:In even bigger news, there's a 3 disc Kane set coming out. The major highlight of the set is his match with Snitsky!

And if Snitsky is jobbing out to Rey Mysterio in 2 minutes, will he still have a contract in another week or two?
Oooooh I will definitely buy the Kane 3 disc set. He is one of my faves.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Garbageman wrote:In even bigger news, there's a 3 disc Kane set coming out. The major highlight of the set is his match with Snitsky!
Is the match their classic 60-minute draw from Vancouver? Or is it their 5-star 38 minute match from the 2007 tour of Australia where Snitsky wins after hitting a Shooting Star Press?
Garbageman wrote:And if Snitsky is jobbing out to Rey Mysterio in 2 minutes, will he still have a contract in another week or two?
If not... all I can say is: 5TH MEMBER - MAIN EVENT MAFIA!

We need baby punting, foot loving, massage giving, fun Snitsky back! Some people point to the lack of Cena and The H as the reason why RAW's ratings have dropped. I see it as the fan's being turned off by having our fun-loving, happy go lucky Snitsky taken away from us.

If they don't want to bring back that Snitsky... I have a few ideas that just might work for Snitsky...

"Leaping" Geney Snitsky - We all know Snitsky has the skills to rip out a good poem as evidenced by his great reading at Edge and Lita's wedding. Why not go all out? Kids love poems and frisbees, and Snitksy loves kids. I think it would work.

"White Machismo" Gene Snitsky - Self explanatory. It's kind of like "Black Machismo" but with five times the charisma and ten times the talent. A skit where Snitsky is caught hitting on Aurora Rose backstage would be a nice touch...

Gene SnitsKane DDS - A gimmick where Snitsky steals all of Glen Jacobs' old gimmicks. The potential is limitless, a dentist one week, Unabomb the next... Need a fake Diesel for a skit? Guess who's here??? And just in time for the holidays... the return of The Christmas Creature!

Samoa Gene - Snitksy heads down to FCW puts on about 100 pounds, and gets over huge by being a legit bad ass who stiffs the fuck out of people. Finally he gets called back up to RAW where is duped on a weekly basis by "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

You forgot The Snitsky Tonk Man, Snitz Vicious, "Playboy" Snitsky Rose, Kasnitska the white Ugandan giant, and Snitsker Perfect!