The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Drunken_Little_Elf wrote:Gotta love storyline logic as about a year ago Kurt Angle beat the shit out of Sting's son! I guess time does heal all wounds.

I did find a couple of things to be interesting... and by interesting I mean things that didn't make any sense. Besides the Sting and Angle stuff...

1. Was the entire TNA locker room already at the slots during the beatdown of Joe and Styles? Or did they simply not care? At the very least wouldn't Abyss have come out? He just tried to attack Angle about 15 minutes beforehand. Where was Christian? He had beef with Booker about 60 minutes beforehand. Where were the Dudleys? They've just spent the last month professing their love for all things TNA.

2. After having Angle whore to every media outlet and wrestling site on the planet about how TNA is going to destroy WWE within weeks (which turned to months, than years) from the minute he got there. And have him talk about how guys like Styles, Daniels, Joe, etc. are better than anyone in WWE... why is he all of a sudden anti-TNA and anti-the young guys?

3. Foley sees TNA as something special. He's investing in the company because he believes TNA can pass WWE. He mentions to Kurt that it is chance to be a part of something special like they were when they both climbed to the main event in WWE and took down WCW (at least that's what I took that main event reference as) and then he quickly made the "all of you" remember that feeling reference to Nash, Booker, and Sting. My problem with that was... sure they remember... one of them was running WCW into the ground, one of them was still taking shit for blowing the payoff match with Hogan, and one of them was GI Bro during the era Foley was referring to. That may be nitpicking, but I thought that was a kind of amusing slip by Foley.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Garbageman wrote:You forgot The Snitsky Tonk Man, Snitz Vicious, "Playboy" Snitsky Rose, Kasnitska the white Ugandan giant, and Snitsker Perfect!
Snitsky... Lost in Cleveland
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

And the rating is in...................................

OUCH!
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

And another shitty Smackdown.
Shinerrox
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by Shinerrox »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:And another shitty Smackdown.
I tried watching it, but it felt like I was watching cartoons..
That's why I'm going to watch the Triple AAA wrestling show on my local Hispanic station later on today.. That shit rules!
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

I enjoyed Smackdown alot last night

I think the Kali kissing thing is funny and a good way to get him to a fan favorite

I always liked the skits in the WWE that new dude Karny guy..pretty funny! He looks like Y2J in WCW, who is he?

just when Cena was out my mind hes coming back, fuck I loath that guy..
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

TNA booking still sucks.

"Hello, Paul Heyman? This is Dixie Carter... Please help us!!!"

WWE booking sucks as well, but then Steph and HHH are still dumb cunts,

TNA could turn around.

I don't see the WWE ever doing it again.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

That carny, Kizarny, was in TNA a while back as Sinn during the Sinister Minister/Raven feud. Supposedly he really has traveled with a Jim Rose style circus sideshow and can do some tricks like the human dartboard and human blockhead.

Way to go TNA with that 1.1 rating for a live show. Smart move going against the world series. Maybe I can suggest some future PPV dates like Super Bowl Sunday and Oscar Night!

I'm just hoping to see the Honky Tonk Man with the I-C belt monday!
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Shinerrox wrote:
ozzyrulz777 wrote:And another shitty Smackdown.
I tried watching it, but it felt like I was watching cartoons..
That's why I'm going to watch the Triple AAA wrestling show on my local Hispanic station later on today.. That shit rules!
Man I wish I still was able to watch AAA. Fuck I miss it.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Garbageman wrote:That carny, Kizarny, was in TNA a while back as Sinn during the Sinister Minister/Raven feud. Supposedly he really has traveled with a Jim Rose style circus sideshow and can do some tricks like the human dartboard and human blockhead.

Way to go TNA with that 1.1 rating for a live show. Smart move going against the world series. Maybe I can suggest some future PPV dates like Super Bowl Sunday and Oscar Night!

I'm just hoping to see the Honky Tonk Man with the I-C belt monday!
Thought HTM was injured? Oh well, I am watching Cyber Sunday at Wild Wings, I am not paying $40 for that shit.No matter how much I complain, I still watch though.
Where's Izzy?
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

Sabu wrote:And the rating is in...................................

OUCH!
I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to think that just because the show was live, that the rating would be any better.

But then again, I am still stunned that Vince Russo has ANY type of job in the wrestling industry after the year 2000.
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
Shinerrox
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by Shinerrox »

Cyber Sunday was OK from what I saw.. The Matt Hardy vs. Evan Bourne was pretty good. The rest meh.. As long as certain peoples are holding the belts, WWE is in the toilet with me..
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Strange, my post about Honky Tonk man being robbed disappeared!?!?!

He didn't even get to sing!

Oh and Special Delivery Jones died.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

So, CM Punk isn't allowed to do the "Pepsi Plunge" in WWE, because it's a pedigree, from the top rope.

But wouldn't you know that HHH hit a pedigree, from the top rope, on Hardy last night. Thanks for the new finisher, CM...
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Garbageman wrote:Strange, my post about Honky Tonk man being robbed disappeared!?!?!

He didn't even get to sing!
Two of mine did too on TNA and Cyber Sunday... oh well...

Garbageman wrote:Oh and Special Delivery Jones died.

That sucks. Had a chance to meet SD back in the day when my uncle used to book WWF talent locally. Very nice guy. I marked when he inducted Atlas into the Hall of Fame. It's a shame they never got around to inducting him in...
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I totally forgot Cyber Sunday was last night until the last minute when the Pay Per View was over and I could not watch it for free on the internet live. :evil:
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:I totally forgot Cyber Sunday was last night until the last minute when the Pay Per View was over and I could not watch it for free on the internet live. :evil:
Didn't miss much... Hardy/Bourne was very good. Show/Taker & The H/Hardy were decent. Main event was a clusterfuck of TNA proportions with run-ins galore.
Drunken_Little_Elf

www.thefightnetwork.com

Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez broke the news on their audio update last night that Adam Pearce will be the new booker for Ring of Honor beginning with the November 7th (Montreal) and November 8th (Markham, Ontario) shows. They are going to be taking the product in a much different direction with clearly defined babyfaces and heels with less heavy work rate emphasis and also presenting shorter events.

This is going to be a major change for Ring of Honor fans, who are the most die hard wrestling fans of any promotion, who are drawn to the promotion through the in ring style. There are a lot of masters to serve for ROH as they are trying to survive as a live event business, keep DVD sales strong and make a dent on Pay Per View. They have had highs and lows over their 6-year history but the fact is the company was losing money and they needed to make a change now and if it doesn't pay off then Ring of Honor may be longer. It was a fantastic product for the wrestling purist but the economy has hit this promotion hard and the reaction has been to present a product that has a better chance of (in their opinion) of hitting a larger segment and hoping to increase the percentage of those sampling the product to become regular viewers of the product. I have no idea if this will work but I foresee a very strong opposition from their fan base once they sense it's a distinctly different product and the proof will be evident in the direction after the November 7th and 8th shows.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Drunken_Little_Elf wrote:www.thefightnetwork.com

Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez broke the news on their audio update last night that Adam Pearce will be the new booker for Ring of Honor beginning with the November 7th (Montreal) and November 8th (Markham, Ontario) shows. They are going to be taking the product in a much different direction with clearly defined babyfaces and heels with less heavy work rate emphasis and also presenting shorter events.

This is going to be a major change for Ring of Honor fans, who are the most die hard wrestling fans of any promotion, who are drawn to the promotion through the in ring style. There are a lot of masters to serve for ROH as they are trying to survive as a live event business, keep DVD sales strong and make a dent on Pay Per View. They have had highs and lows over their 6-year history but the fact is the company was losing money and they needed to make a change now and if it doesn't pay off then Ring of Honor may be longer. It was a fantastic product for the wrestling purist but the economy has hit this promotion hard and the reaction has been to present a product that has a better chance of (in their opinion) of hitting a larger segment and hoping to increase the percentage of those sampling the product to become regular viewers of the product. I have no idea if this will work but I foresee a very strong opposition from their fan base once they sense it's a distinctly different product and the proof will be evident in the direction after the November 7th and 8th shows.
In one of my posts that disappeared last night, I said TNA would be nuts to not go after Gabe Sapolsky. He could really help get the focus back on to wrestling, and help give the X-Division and non-WWE guys something to do. Give him half of Impact, and give Russo/Mantell the other half and it would do wonders for that show. At the very least it may cut Angle's air time down to less tham 90 minutes.

As for ROH... things were getting VERY stale. Age of the Fall was the last real interesting thing they had going. The loss of Joe, Punk, and the rest really hurt and they've never fully recovered. Changing directions is going to be VERY tricky. There's a good chance that they could alienate a strong portion of their fanbase that was drawn to the company because they were providing the best wrestling in the states.

I just don't know if they have it in them to go into a more storyline-based promotion. Kind of strange to see Pearce back on board and given the book. The guy was a great heel and could really draw heat, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's going to be a great booker. I guess we'll see...

And might as well say it... Why not give Paul E. a call?
Drunken_Little_Elf

Who is the owner of ROH? I was always under the impression that it was Gabe? Or at least he was a partner or something.

And am I the only one who has checked out some of their new DVDs lately? Pretty good stuff I must say.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Drunken_Little_Elf wrote:Who is the owner of ROH? I was always under the impression that it was Gabe? Or at least he was a partner or something.
Cary Silkin is the owner. This is just third and fourth-hand stuff, but the general feeling is that he'd like to see a light at the end of the tunnel in regards to the company. There's no real point to keep putting money into something if that investment isn't going to turn you a nice profit. I know they were making money to breaking even, but a lot of that was because of the maneuvering and decisions they made that could keep them from going in the red, but also preventing them from growing.

It's not like in TNA where they can continually just burn money and not worry about it because they, currently, have an investor that is willing to just keep signing the checks to keep the company afloat. If Panda/Dixie's dad decided enough was enough one day, Vince would probably have some new tapes in his library within a couple of months. ROH doesn't have that luxury. Silkin wants a return on the investment. There's even rumblings that he feels that they need some sort of TV deal in the states sooner rather than later in order to survive.

I hope I'm proven wrong, but IMO, this could be the first real sign that the future of the company is in trouble. As entertaining a product it is... when something this drastic happens, it's obviously because from a business standpoint they are not happy.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

I'm hoping Honky Tonk Man appearing twice means they're finally going to do a 4 disc set of his story and greatest matches!
bigchef_46360
Music Fan

Post by bigchef_46360 »

Drive-by Trucker wrote:The WWE should send Mickey James to my house to watch Raw with me every Monday.
I guess they can send Candice Michelle to mine.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

bigchef_46360 wrote:
Drive-by Trucker wrote:The WWE should send Mickey James to my house to watch Raw with me every Monday.
I guess they can send Candice Michelle to mine.
I'm too lazy to log in as The Cult of Manson, but I'll say...

They should send Jeff Jarrett over to my house.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Hey send Mae Young to my apartment to watch Raw!

We'd do a shot of Jack every time something on the show is lame.

I think it would be fun to know if she can drink me under the table. And we'd know by the second commercial break!
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Garbageman wrote:Hey send Mae Young to my apartment to watch Raw!

We'd do a shot of Jack every time something on the show is lame.

I think it would be fun to know if she can drink me under the table. And we'd know by the second commercial break!
Sadly... even at 112 years old, Mae still has more charisma than most of the active WWE roster.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Whoa... some of a 1984 match between the Road Warriors and the Fabulous Ones was just on AWA classics.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

The WWE

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

WWF forever. R.I.P.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

I totally saw tonight's TNA ending blatantly happening. Jesus they do not even try anymore.