The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by ParaDime77 »

paule5150 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:24 pm If anyone cares AEW's Double or Nothing PPV is tomorrow night from Las Vegas. I'm looking forward to it.

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2019/05/23 ... ghlighted/

Dean Malenko was hired today as senior producer and coach. They also have Jerry Lynn, Billy Gunn and BJ Whitmer as producers. Don't know a lot about Whitmer other than he worked for ROH for a long time.
Looking forward to seeing their production style and clean finishes. Not overly pumped about a bunch of Indy midgets trying to get their shit in.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Y2J is last for a reason..whoever wins will be get help and setup the next event. That’s the “big “ AEW moment.
I would think AEW told TNT they have CM Punk signed that finalized the TNT deal. CM probaly won’t show up until first week on TNT
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

I don't wish any bad on them... I don't hope they completely fail and end up in billions of dollars worth of debt and lawsuits... BUT...
They are all Mid-card grade performers (with the exception of Jericho 30 years ago). Its like watching the 2nd-4th matches of a WWE ppv...
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

Caustic Queen wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:55 pm I don't wish any bad on them... I don't hope they completely fail and end up in billions of dollars worth of debt and lawsuits... BUT...
They are all Mid-card grade performers (with the exception of Jericho 30 years ago). Its like watching the 2nd-4th matches of a WWE ppv...
Completely agree. The roster is not impressive.

It's basically TNA when people thought they were gonna give WWE a slight run for their money. There are just not enough stars in the wrestling business to make this another WWE/WCW thing with talent raids and signings. I mean, WWE is the big time, and even they barely have any legit stars
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

AEW, AEW, Fuck WWE!!!!!
Zander Kelly
Recording Your Demo

Post by Zander Kelly »

Those wrestlers last night looked like way bigger stars than any of the WWE wrestlers have in recent years. It felt real.... not scripted and fake. That was probably the best PPV in the last 21 years. This also proves how much WWE handcuffs their talent and how out of touch Vinnie Mac is. Plus we got blood!!!!
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Zander Kelly wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:13 pm Those wrestlers last night looked like way bigger stars than any of the WWE wrestlers have in recent years. It felt real.... not scripted and fake. That was probably the best PPV in the last 21 years. This also proves how much WWE handcuffs their talent and how out of touch Vinnie Mac is. Plus we got blood!!!!
the last 3 matches were great. didn't catch the battle royal. i enjoyed it but there's no way it was better than the last nxt takeover.
parts of it still seamed pretty wwe. bret, dean, muffin top jericho, the runnels boys, mj whatever is a miz clone, lights on lights off.....meh.
it does seem more real when you don't get the scripted backstage bullshit. totally disagree with the talent looking like bigger stars. who? the crowd knew the former wwe guys, awesome kong (who technically was in wwe), kenny, the bucks and the lucha brothers and a few guys in the battle royal.
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

Zander Kelly wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:13 pm Those wrestlers last night looked like way bigger stars than any of the WWE wrestlers have in recent years. It felt real.... not scripted and fake. That was probably the best PPV in the last 21 years. This also proves how much WWE handcuffs their talent and how out of touch Vinnie Mac is. Plus we got blood!!!!
The Rhodes match and videos leading up to the ppv were really good. Epic storytelling start to finish.

And somewhere in Heaven, the son of a plumber has a huge smile on his face. ~ Bully Ray on Twitter
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

WWE has been doing blood for a while... J/S.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

WCW 2!
Just dude buy buy buy wwe talents
Wwe has so much talent the ones that feel cheated will always get bought from the new son of sports owner
Will wannabe Stone Cold Mox wife be on Raw monday :D
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:30 pm
the last 3 matches were great. didn't catch the battle royal. i enjoyed it but there's no way it was better than the last nxt takeover.
parts of it still seamed pretty wwe. bret, dean, muffin top jericho, the runnels boys, mj whatever is a miz clone, lights on lights off.....meh.
it does seem more real when you don't get the scripted backstage bullshit. totally disagree with the talent looking like bigger stars. who? the crowd knew the former wwe guys, awesome kong (who technically was in wwe), kenny, the bucks and the lucha brothers and a few guys in the battle royal.
For a brand new company, that’s a pretty good hit rate for a brand new company. This isn’t like WCW or WWE, which evolved out of existing organisations. And Cody may be ex-WWE, but he’s in this position because of what he’s done since. They weren’t popping for Stardust or the dude from the Legacy. Whether they can get those guys over with a wider audience is yet to be seen of course.

Overall, i thought it was a great event. Not as tight or consistently spot on as the best Takeovers, but better than any of the recent WWE PPVs. More than that, I just liked the different vibe. Again, how well they can maintain is the question.

As to their stars, WWE has a far superior roster, but they’re using most of them like shit, and if AEW can cement themselves in a solid second place they’ll start nabbing some of the new guys coming through.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Anyone have a link for the PPV?
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

ParaDime77 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:18 am Anyone have a link for the PPV?
http://watchwrestling.in/watch-aew-doub ... 9-5-25-19/

http://watchwrestling.la/watch-aew-doub ... 19-online/

Multiple links on each site.
I suggest using Firefox with Adblock
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

After AEW mention on Raw...place went nuts nonstop AEW AEW chants for 15 minutes and ruined Raw!!! Or crickets after the AEW mention?

This would be Vince best plan so far..wwe is AEW.
Vince creating competion on TNT. Sends Cody, Y2J, Jim Ross and others over to create an ECW vibe on TNT. MOX becomes the new outlaw$$$
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

John Moxley on Talk is Jericho podcast

https://prowrestling.net/site/2019/05/2 ... s-company/

some highlights...

On leaving WWE: “I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off my shoulders.”

On the new contract WWE offered him: “I never looked at it.”

On his goals with AEW: “If I had a goal with AEW, it’s we can prove Vince’s way sucks.”

On what he got paid for his last WWE appearance: You know how much I got paid for the last house show with The Shield special?,” said Ambrose.” 500 dollars. That’s what you get just to show up at Raw the bare minimum. I think it’s what extras gets."
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

brandi is one fine piece of ass. it's tied for first place for most fuckable ass with alexa bliss, mandi rose, nikki bella, liv morgan, the iconics and aj lee
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Terri Runnels charged with bringing a loaded gun to Tampa International Airport:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/f ... 284137001/
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:14 am Woooooo, Ric Flair is PISSED at HBK!

https://t.co/dvFG5oDWOC
the sheiks in saudi arabia probably want the match.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

Anyone else watching the Greatest Super Showdown, its 3.30am here in Australia, pre show is on, main show starts in 30 min, I am going to need lots of coffee
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Bayley getting beat in San Jose always funny
Raw in San Jose while Warriors playing Finals game extra funny
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

I know I haven't posted in a long time, but if anyone on here collects Wrestling Memorabilia I'm selling a shitload of stuff from the 80s and 90s on ETSY and EBAY. WWF LJN & Hasbro Figures and Rings, WCW Galoob & Toymakers Figures, Hats, Bandanas, Thumb Wrestlers, Gloves, etc...

I'll be adding more things in the coming days and weeks ahead. Let me know you're a Sludger and I'll give you a discount :wink:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/OldShirtsWorthMoney

https://www.ebay.com/sch/angels-star/m. ... pg=&_from=
sliquor
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by sliquor »

Jackass guys talking about getting their ass kicked by Umaga in 2006:
https://youtu.be/gg8LuvSh_dk
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

AEW All Out PPV sells out in 15 minutes

https://prowrestling.net/site/2019/06/1 ... sells-out/
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:27 pm Shared it w/ @MajorWFPod on Twitter. Hope it gets you some traffic!
Thanks man! I appreciate that! Someone did buy a bunch of my figures today, not sure if its because of you or not, but thank you anyway!
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Two things that need to be put out of their misery right damn now:

The 24/7 title
Firefly Fun House

Please and thank you.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:40 pm Two things that need to be put out of their misery right damn now:

The 24/7 title
Firefly Fun House

Please and thank you.
Yep...
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:40 pm Two things that need to be put out of their misery right damn now:

The 24/7 title
Firefly Fun House

Please and thank you.
yeah, the 2 most entertaining parts of the show. great call.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:50 am

The 24/7 title
Firefly Fun House

Please and thank you.
yeah, the 2 most entertaining parts of the show. great call.
Wrong.....that would be Nikki Bella's tits IMO
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Yea, their new segments and belts have won them the honor of Lowest Ratings Ever for Monday Night Raw.

They moving quickly towards desperation with the Network. (I cancelled mine a bit back
)

They are back to overworking Seth... wonder what will happen if he gets hurt again...