The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:I totally saw tonight's TNA ending blatantly happening. Jesus they do not even try anymore.
Yes... yes they do! They have the most entertaining wrestling program ever seen by human eyes. Trust me. It's true.

Don't believe me? Ask any TNA fan. They'll tell you. The best workers, the best storylines, the best fans, the best attendance, the best buyrates, the best money maker... It's ALL TNA!!**2!!13!&6%#!

Seriously though... I can already tell they are rushing the fuck out of this angle. And that is directly the result of horrible booking. That is compounded by the fact that it is ONCE AGAIN Russo booking this thing. The same Russo who fucked up the Millionaire's Club vs. New Blood angle. This is the EASIEST angle in the world to book...

Steiner joined about 3 or 4 weeks too soon.

And I go back to my point about the failure of the whole angle from last week's live show... Where were the young guys last week when the Main Event Mafia was beating down Styles and Joe? Seriously? Where were they? They were all united this week... Did they really leave the show early last week? I was kind of kidding when I suggested that...

You can't selectively book. There needs to be a hint of logic to make anyone buy into an angle. Having NOBODY on the entire roster help out last week, yet falling over each other to make a stand this week shows that there is zero effort into booking this thing long term. It's being done on the fly and thrown against the wall to see what will stick...

I just visualize Angle, Nash, and Booker sitting in front of Jarrett and Russo about 20 minutes before taping begins eating some steaks telling them what they're going to do this week.

That said... the long term blowoff should be either AJ or Joe going for the Title against one of the MEM... and here we are, Styles vs. Sting for the belt, VERY FIRST PPV! You're trying to sell a PPV that even my cat knows is going to have absolutely no effect or bearing on the next show you run? Just...... wow!
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Ziggy Sawdust wrote:WWF forever. R.I.P.
I pretty much bow at the altar of WWE 24/7. I can't recommend it enough.

Seeing the old WWF house shows they have on there and seeing match after match on the undercard featuring feuds that have *gasp* actual storylines and great buildups is awesome.

I watched a house show from the late 80's in LA the other day. What really stuck out was the fact that the two biggest guys in the company, Hogan and Warrior, both wrestled by the mid point of the card. The main event was Jake Roberts and Rick Rude! Because, ya know, they were actually involved in a storyline that was built up for months. The fans were fucking eating it up too. Just like the Hart Foundation vs. Rougeaus match right before it. Everyone on the roster had something to do and ran with it. If the crowd was into it, they got billing over Hogan for Snitsky's sake!

It just kills me that Vince got it back then... but seemingly has no interest in going there in 2008.
Drunken_Little_Elf
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Drunken_Little_Elf »

Sabu wrote:
Ziggy Sawdust wrote:WWF forever. R.I.P.
I pretty much bow at the altar of WWE 24/7. I can't recommend it enough.

Seeing the old WWF house shows they have on there and seeing match after match on the undercard featuring feuds that have *gasp* actual storylines and great buildups is awesome.

I watched a house show from the late 80's in LA the other day. What really stuck out was the fact that the two biggest guys in the company, Hogan and Warrior, both wrestled by the mid point of the card. The main event was Jake Roberts and Rick Rude! Because, ya know, they were actually involved in a storyline that was built up for months. The fans were fucking eating it up too. Just like the Hart Foundation vs. Rougeaus match right before it. Everyone on the roster had something to do and ran with it. If the crowd was into it, they got billing over Hogan for Snitsky's sake!

It just kills me that Vince got it back then... but seemingly has no interest in going there in 2008.
I must also agree that 24/7 is fucking awesome! But there are a couple of things, that should be noted IMO.

Hogan, Warrior and a few others wanted to be earlier so they could get back to the hotel while they still had room service! Shawn wrote about it in his book and I believe Bret did as well.

And as far as Vince not getting it, I highly doubt he is as hands on as he was back then. If he was, I think he would see that his son in law is NOT A FUCKING DRAW!! Plain and simple. But then again he has provided 2 grandkids, so.......
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:I know I'm dumb.
Drunken_Little_Elf

Sabu wrote:That said... the long term blowoff should be either AJ or Joe going for the Title against one of the MEM... and here we are, Styles vs. Sting for the belt, VERY FIRST PPV! You're trying to sell a PPV that even my cat knows is going to have absolutely no effect or bearing on the next show you run? Just...... wow!
But really what else should they do? To me it seems logical to put Sting with AJ or Joe. I mean it's not like they would give us a 6 man tag match for a main event. Oh wait, nevermind!
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Drunken_Little_Elf wrote:
Sabu wrote:That said... the long term blowoff should be either AJ or Joe going for the Title against one of the MEM... and here we are, Styles vs. Sting for the belt, VERY FIRST PPV! You're trying to sell a PPV that even my cat knows is going to have absolutely no effect or bearing on the next show you run? Just...... wow!
But really what else should they do? To me it seems logical to put Sting with AJ or Joe. I mean it's not like they would give us a 6 man tag match for a main event. Oh wait, nevermind!
Honestly, that's exactly what I would have done. Angle, Sting, and Nash vs. Joe, Styles, and Abyss. THIS is where I would have debuted Steiner. Granted it goes back to TNA doing yet ANOTHER MAIN EVENT RUN-IN, but I think it would get somewhat of a pass under the circumstances. It would have given the MEM a few more weeks to build up the MEM, it would have made Steiner's debut a bigger deal by doing it live, and it would helped the show seem like less of a throw away.
I must also agree that 24/7 is fucking awesome! But there are a couple of things, that should be noted IMO.

Hogan, Warrior and a few others wanted to be earlier so they could get back to the hotel while they still had room service! Shawn wrote about it in his book and I believe Bret did as well.
True, but you can't pull that off with having Paul Roma vs. Iron Mike Sharpe in the main event. They did a tremendous job back then on giving everyone something to do. They were simple things too like in the case of the last two feuds on that show: Rude hit on Jake's wife, and Jimmy Hart giving the Rougeau's the Hart Foundation's contract after Hart and The Hart Foundation split. The WWE has a hard time now giving their main event stars stuff to do that was as half as entertaing as the stuff the midcarders had back then.
Drunken_Little_Elf wrote: And as far as Vince not getting it, I highly doubt he is as hands on as he was back then. If he was, I think he would see that his son in law is NOT A FUCKING DRAW!! Plain and simple. But then again he has provided 2 grandkids, so.......
True again. I just keep hoping Vince will come to realize that all of the other business ventures he's focused on through WWE could benefit tremendously from having the actual wrestling product take a turn for the better. More people interested in his wrestling shows would equal better exposure for his other branches. Amazingly, he just doesn't get that, or doesn't care.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Another reason a lot of the big stars wrestled early back in the 80's was so they could announce a return match for the next show before the end of that night. It seemed like a lot of the main feuds back then ran 3-4 months, meaning if you were in a town with monthly shows you'd see rematches (usually with stipulations like no DQ or a cage match).
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

so what's the iggy on freddie prince and his writing?

haven't heard anything since he got hired.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Kid-Wicked wrote:so what's the iggy on freddie prince and his writing?

Neither have I.
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

Kid-Wicked wrote:so what's the iggy on freddie prince and his writing?

All I've read is that he's mainly writing for Smackdown and that people have been impressed with his work ethic and willingness to ask questions and take suggestions.
Nothing on any specific angles he may have worked on, though.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Well the 800th episode so far is so so. Kind of hit or miss.

plus side ADAMLE IS GONE!
Drunken_Little_Elf

Didn't they just have the 800th celebration a couple of months ago???
Drunken_Little_Elf

And is it too much to ask that one or both members or DX suffer career ending injuries so that others may get a chance to, you know, become stars at some point?
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

They resigned Goldust so I now have an actual reason to watch Raw again.

:D
Kamikaze_Russo

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

Goldust is looking pretty hefty these days...
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Kamikaze_Russo wrote:Goldust is looking pretty hefty these days...
But does he still have Tourette's Syndrome?
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Well I did not expect Jericho to win. So that is a plus.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

HA HA!

Batista got stabbed in the head a couple times and then lost the strap.
:lol:

I was actually entertained for a few minutes.

8)

The rest of RAW was sorta -to- really boring.

Keep trying Vince!!
:roll:

Couldn't find IMPACT this weekend on Spike.
Their loss.
:lol:

JAPW is still putting on good shows and putting out great DVDs though.

ROH's loss(es) will be JAPW's gain(s).

Finally... WHAT THE FUCK is it with so many wrestling sites pop-ups having so much spyware and so many viruses?

I don't read any sites anymore.

Hope those fucking assholes love the lesser clicks.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Should have had Mae Young win!

And I didn't ever need to see Sgt. Slaughter dance with the Boogeyman!
Subhuman Yeti wrote:Couldn't find IMPACT this weekend on Spike.
Their loss.
:lol: [/b][/size]
The replays got moved from late saturday night to early saturday morning.

Meanwhile on the old AWA show tonight they had Curt Hennig's final AWA match before he left for the WWF, with a DQ ending vs. Jerry Lawler.
Drunken_Little_Elf

ozzyrulz777 wrote:Well I did not expect Jericho to win. So that is a plus.
Woohoo.

Now hopefully he isn't going to be fed to Cena when he comes back, because you know, Cena deserves a title shot on his first match back! :roll:

And is it just me or are all of these video packages they do for him probably a big reason as to why the fans are so sick of him???
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

now you know they're setting this up for a year of Cena as the World Heavyweight Champ. If anyone but THE NOSE held the WWE strap, I'd say look for a unification match by Wrestlemania.
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Cena better not get a championship match his first match back.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Bring back Honky Tonk Man! He got major pops at Cyber Sunday and RAW.Honky talked all that shit and came back.That just proves anyone can/will come back to Vince.Except Randy Savage.If he didn't bone Steph, what the hell could he have done? Vince even gave him a nice on air send off back in 93 or so I think.
Where's Izzy?
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Garbageman wrote:
Subhuman Yeti wrote:Couldn't find IMPACT this weekend on Spike.
Their loss.

The replays got moved from late saturday night to early saturday morning.
Thanks for the info...

Meanwhile on the old AWA show tonight they had Curt Hennig's final AWA match before he left for the WWF, with a DQ ending vs. Jerry Lawler.
Sounds cool. I always liked Curts workrate, even when he was a West Texas Redneck.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
Drunken_Little_Elf

Angry Jew wrote:Except Randy Savage.If he didn't bone Steph, what the hell could he have done? Vince even gave him a nice on air send off back in 93 or so I think.
I've always wondered that myself. In Bret Hart's book he said that Randy just called Vince up in the middle of the night while he was hammered and abruptly quit. Now that may be true, but could Vince really be THAT pissed off about it??? I mean Bret knocked him out on his way out the door and he was welcomed back with open arms by Vince (who from what I understand is determined to get Bret back for one more angle.)

And I don't ever see the Warrior coming back for anything either.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Angry Jew wrote:Except Randy Savage.If he didn't bone Steph, what the hell could he have done? Vince even gave him a nice on air send off back in 93 or so I think.
I've always wondered that myself. In Bret Hart's book he said that Randy just called Vince up in the middle of the night while he was hammered and abruptly quit. Now that may be true, but could Vince really be THAT pissed off about it??? I mean Bret knocked him out on his way out the door and he was welcomed back with open arms by Vince (who from what I understand is determined to get Bret back for one more angle.)
Savage was apparently annoyed that Vince wanted him to become a full-time commentator, while Savage still wanted to wrestle which led to him leaving.

If memory serves, weren't there rumors a few years back that Savage was talking to WWE, but then Hogan got wind of it and called Vince to come back for the HOF and appearances/matches afterwards and made it clear that he didn't want Vince to do anything to do with Savage? That could be total NEWZ, but I wouldn't shock me.

As for Bret/Vince... I honestly don't think Vince harbored any ill-will towards Bret. It was Vince himself who basically told him he couldn't afford to keep him and he should call WCW. Obviously Vince had to be less than thrilled about getting knocked out after Montrel, but I don't recall Taker getting any shit from Vince for basically forcing Vince out of the room he was locked in.

At the end of the day, Vince is still a businessman, and it's good business for him to try and still have ties to Bret. I'm sure if Bret wanted to he could be signed to WWE and be on TV every week in a heartbeat (no pun intended). Just doesn't seem like something he is interested in, and let's be honest... can you blame him?
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

As we reported earlier, former ROH & TNA star Low Ki wrestled a dark match at this week's SmackDown tapings. According to ProWrestling.net, there are two top WWE superstars pushing management to sign the talented performer. Rey Mysterio and MVP are two the wrestlers who helped Low Ki get his tryout match. Mysterio went as far as to pitch two storylilne ideas for WWE to bring Low Ki in for - either as a heel Rey Mysterio impostor or a new masked superstar to feud with him.

Saw that on the Lords of Pain site. I actually like the idea of them brining him in as another masked wrestler for Rey to feud with. Rey's not as good as he used ot be, but still... a match between those two would be killer.
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

silent_eyes wrote:As we reported earlier, former ROH & TNA star Low Ki wrestled a dark match at this week's SmackDown tapings. According to ProWrestling.net, there are two top WWE superstars pushing management to sign the talented performer. Rey Mysterio and MVP are two the wrestlers who helped Low Ki get his tryout match. Mysterio went as far as to pitch two storylilne ideas for WWE to bring Low Ki in for - either as a heel Rey Mysterio impostor or a new masked superstar to feud with him.

Saw that on the Lords of Pain site. I actually like the idea of them brining him in as another masked wrestler for Rey to feud with. Rey's not as good as he used ot be, but still... a match between those two would be killer.
haha I read that probably a couple minutes before you posted that. Man, what nerds we are! haha. Low Ki kicks ass and they should totally bring him in to do some with Rey. Rey is being completely wasted right now
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

According to a report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Super Crazy quit WWE at last night's Smackdown/ECW taping in Orlando. Crazy's decision was said to have come out of no where. He reportedly told WWE officials that he was unhappy with how he was being used and that he was promised pushes so many times that never materialized.

John Laurinaitis is said to have not taken it well reportedly telling Crazy that many wrestlers in Mexico want his spot. Crazy had told friends that even in his position, he was happy with the money, but was unhappy with the job. While he could collect on a few months based on the WWE's non-compete clause without having to work, he was said to be willing to waive that period as he wants to wrestle and is willing to waive the non-compete by signing that he won't go to TNA as he said that isn't his goal either.http://www.wrestleview.com/news08/1225918411.shtml
Where's Izzy?
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

Angry Jew wrote:According to a report by The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Super Crazy quit WWE at last night's Smackdown/ECW taping in Orlando. Crazy's decision was said to have come out of no where. He reportedly told WWE officials that he was unhappy with how he was being used and that he was promised pushes so many times that never materialized.

John Laurinaitis is said to have not taken it well reportedly telling Crazy that many wrestlers in Mexico want his spot. Crazy had told friends that even in his position, he was happy with the money, but was unhappy with the job. While he could collect on a few months based on the WWE's non-compete clause without having to work, he was said to be willing to waive that period as he wants to wrestle and is willing to waive the non-compete by signing that he won't go to TNA as he said that isn't his goal either.http://www.wrestleview.com/news08/1225918411.shtml
I gotta give respect to Crazy here, the man has a lot of skill and is a nobody in the WWE. It's a tough bind making a lot of money but having your skill go unused. It's in all likely hood the thing he's best at in life and to not perform to his capabilities must drive him insane. In ECW he was a somebody and I'm sure he could be a somebody somewhere else if given the chance despite the fact that he is getting up there in age.

His matches with Tajiri were epic in ecw.
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

watch this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP5RJyOAiRg

tajiri and whipwreck vs super crazy and kid kash