Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by NeverSurrender »

Happy 85th, Tommy Lasorda!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzjWQF1oP2M
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Happy b day Lasorda!

Speaking of the Dodgers in 113ABs, Adrian Gonzalez has 1HR.

I still think his shoulder isn't completely "right." His hit charts support that theory.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Cincy just won the Central.
Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_
Headlining Clubs

Post by Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_ »

Congrats to my Reds :!:

Now, lets take care of business in the playoffs vs. just getting there....

World Series, here we come! :twisted:
"They say every sin is deadly, but I believe they may be wrong
Cause I'm guilty of all seven & I don't feel too bad at all"
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_ wrote:Congrats to my Reds :!:

The NL is where it's at in the Playoffs this year IMO. I think even without Strasburgh, Washington is the team to beat. Even without Melky, SF has been playing well. If Lincecum can be Lincecum again they look tough. Cincy with that BP?

All three of them could go all the way. Fuck the NL has a fight in store.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

killeverything wrote:

The NL is where it's at in the Playoffs this year IMO. I think even without Strasburgh, Washington is the team to beat. Even without Melky, SF has been playing well. If Lincecum can be Lincecum again they look tough. Cincy with that BP?

The Giants remind me of the team that won the World Series two years ago.

Lincecum is finally coming around, so the rotation of: Cain, Lincecum, Bumgarner, Zito, Vogelsong is as deep as there is. Couple that with the bullpen by committee, which has been stellar, and you have a team that can win any day, with any offence at all.

Agreed that the Nats and Reds are badass as well, and the Braves aren't slouches either. If the Cards get that last playoff slot, you have the makings of some classic matchups there.

In the AL, whom ever wins the wildcard has the ability to be a real sleeper. Oakland and Baltimore are great stories and I'd route for either of them over the "big 3".
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Yeah me too. The thing is Barry "not on the '10 Playoff roster" Zito scares no one. If Lincecum returns, I'd leave him off this one too.

I have no predictions for the NL. In the AL, Baltimore and Oakland are great stories and the reason why this is the greatest sport. It's just until Texas is eliminated ( Hamilton's health ) I see them in the series.

Really as long as the MFY don't win, I don't really care who does.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Ichiro Suzuki has been named the American League Player of the Week
hitting .600 (15-for-25) with three doubles, two home runs, five RBI, seven runs scored and six stolen bases in six games.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

When the Astros are here Tuesday and Wednesday you may see two 100 loss teams play each other for the first time EVER.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Former Cy Young closer Eric Gagne alleges in his new biography that 80 percent of his Los Angeles Dodgers teammates were using performance-enhancing drugs.

Gagne, who set a major league record while converting 84 consecutive save chances, admits that he used human growth hormone over five cycles in a three-year period toward the end of his career.

"It was sufficient to ruin my health, tarnish my reputation and throw a shadow over the extraordinary performances of my career," Gagne says in the French-language book, titled "Game Over: The Story of Eric Gagne."
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:Former Cy Young closer Eric Gagne alleges in his new biography that 80 percent of his Los Angeles Dodgers teammates were using performance-enhancing drugs.

Gagne, who set a major league record while converting 84 consecutive save chances, admits that he used human growth hormone over five cycles in a three-year period toward the end of his career.

"It was sufficient to ruin my health, tarnish my reputation and throw a shadow over the extraordinary performances of my career," Gagne says in the French-language book, titled "Game Over: The Story of Eric Gagne."
Remember how outraged everyone was when Canseco's book was released? He was right on everything.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote:Former Cy Young closer Eric Gagne alleges in his new biography that 80 percent of his Los Angeles Dodgers teammates were using performance-enhancing drugs.

Remember how outraged everyone was when Canseco's book was released? He was right on everything.
Canseco broke the news, told the truth and all these years later people tend to believe what Canseco wrote.
The problem is, since the book release Canseco had had an image problem and its very easy for people to dismiss his words because of his bizzare behavior and actions.

If Canseco had a good publicist and smart people working with him, today he could have been an ambassador of some sorts for the campaign to clean-up the game and identify which "retired players" were guilty of using PED's.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

The problem with Canseco's book and ( my presumed ) his intentions of releasing it. Wasn't to "clean up the game" so to speak, it was cause he was pissed he was out baseball and no team wanted to sign him so he could limp to 400 homeruns.

I just looked at it as a revenge tactic. McGwire was a roid monkey? Duh. Bonds? Duh. Arod? No way, your just bitter.

Turns out he wasn't lying. Hopefully the Veteran's Committee has their way and not one of them is inducted into the Hall Of The Very Good ( after Ron fucking Santos got in, it's no longer elite ).

I don't think this shit would've happened if A Bartlett Giamatti was still alive, and we didn't have Selig.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I just paid $1.10 for M&Ms this morning. There are White Sox first playoff game tickets (if they make it...cough) on Stubhub right now for a dollar.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:I just paid $1.10 for M&Ms this morning. There are White Sox first playoff game tickets (if they make it...cough) on Stubhub right now for a dollar.
WS had to win that game last night. How did they allow the Indians
to leave town with a W.

Being the Yankees fan that I am, I really prefer the WS make the playoffs
and not the Tigers.
Fucking Tigers scare me + Tigers have a history of defeating the Yankees in the playoffs.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:I just paid $1.10 for M&Ms this morning. There are White Sox first playoff game tickets (if they make it...cough) on Stubhub right now for a dollar.
WS had to win that game last night. How did they allow the Indians
to leave town with a W.

Being the Yankees fan that I am, I really prefer the WS make the playoffs
and not the Tigers.
Fucking Tigers scare me + Tigers have a history of defeating the Yankees in the playoffs.
God bless em'.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Twins released Tsuyoshi Nishioka on Friday, ending their experiment with the Japanese middle infielder after two rough seasons.

The move, which the Twins said came at Nishioka's request and was supported by the club, wasn't much of a surprise.

Accepting blame for his failure to produce at the plate or play capable defense at shortstop and second base, the Twins said Nishioka waived his right to his $3 million salary for the 2013 season and a $250,000 buyout.

"I would like to thank the Twins organization for helping me fulfill my dream of playing in Major League Baseball," Nishioka said. "I take full responsibility for my performance which was below my own expectations. At this time, I have made the decision that it is time to part ways. I have no regrets and know that only through struggle can a person grow stronger. I appreciate all the support the team and the fans in Minnesota and Rochester have shown me."
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Homer Bailey threw MLB's 7th no hitter with a 1-0 win over Pittsburgh.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

killeverything wrote:Homer Bailey threw MLB's 7th no hitter with a 1-0 win over Pittsburgh.

Seven no-hitters in a year. Ridiculous.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:
killeverything wrote:Homer Bailey threw MLB's 7th no hitter with a 1-0 win over Pittsburgh.

Seven no-hitters in a year. Ridiculous.
Bailey
King Felix ( perfect game ) + he threw three 1-0 games in a row afterwards, which is the first time since 1913.
Matt Cain ( perfect game )
Johan Santana
Kevin Millwood, Brandon League, Lucas Luetge, Charlie Furbush, Stephen Pryor and Todd Wilhelmsen ( combined perfect ).
Jerrod Weaver
Phil Humber ( perfect game )

Plus Doug Fister set an AL record of 9Ks in a row over Kansas City. The ML record is 10K by Tom Seaver in 1970.

How weird is it to see any of this season's pitching marvels without "Gibson, Bob" being involved?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Oakland had their 14th walkoff win tonight. Holy shit that is cool.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Those Baltimore Orioles should fade any time now...

:D

Seriously, gotta love what the A's and O's are doing this year. Would love to see Balimore win the division, and Oakland knock off the MFY in the wildcard play-in game.
Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_
Headlining Clubs

Post by Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_ »

killeverything wrote:

I agree with you 100%. Like I think I mentioned earlier, I could honestly see Cincy going out again in the 1st round & I could also see 'em making it all the way to the WS. Absolutely will be NO easy out(s) in the NL playoffs this yr. unless one of the teams just absolutely collapses at the worst time possible (& I don't see that happening). Hell, even though the Cardinals don't look like WS contenders, those guys make the playoffs and ANYTHING can happen. They proved that last yr. & they have proven it before that. And they have Carpenter back as well. I honestly have NO idea how close to being THE Chris Carpenter that he is, but he is ALWAYS a threat when he is on the mound. Talk about getting a guy back at the perfect time.

As for the AL, I would LOVE to see the A's make it to the series, meet the Reds there and we repeat 1990 all over again :D

In all seriousness, I think the Tigers will be a very tough out (I honestly had VERY little doubt that they would end up at the top of the division vs. the W. Sox, but the Sox sure put up one hell of a fight and put that fight up longer than I thought they would).

Rangers are ALWAYS tough & I STILL think I *might* view them as the best team in baseball this season.

Baltimore could be a real sleeper, they are a good, solid team. And to whomever puts out the MFY, well, as was stated earlier, God bless 'em.

At any rate, these playoffs should be some damn good baseball and I can't wait to get things rolling. The 2 play-in games for that 2nd WC spot should be pretty exciting games as well.
"They say every sin is deadly, but I believe they may be wrong
Cause I'm guilty of all seven & I don't feel too bad at all"
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:

I've told this story before but I have a friend "loosely" "someone I know and see from time to time" who played with Barry Bonds at Arizona before being drafted "my friend" by the Rangers, he still talks and bumps into Bonds yearly on the phone, at reunion gatherings or other engagements. Just to give a little back ground.

Anyway one day, many years ago shortly before steroids took center stage I asked him directly.
Me: So honestly, is Barry on Roids
Him: What do you think
Me: I'd bet the farm he is
Him: Well, you'd win the farm.
Him: How do you think I got this big?

Personally I played sports at a high level and it was ramped on ever level.

My friend explained it like most already know. In today's world steroids is widely available and before steroids blew up it was encouraged and accepted in locker rooms. just having talent and hard work isn't enough with the extremely high competition level so if taking an injection meant the difference between a minor league contract or a million dollar deal in the majors what would you do? So ya, I believe without doubt everyone was doing it...It was the teams and league it's self who allowed it to happen. back then the most deterrence teams did was turn their back allowing steroids to turn into a monster.

I blame the players to an extent but I hold the league and every team more responsible for the steroid abuse. Even today the money spent creating new and better drugs or undetectable ways far outweigh the cash spent trying find a reliable test. The new drug development money has to come from somewhere and I'd like to see that paper trail.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Oakland basically eliminated both Anaheim and Tampa Bay. Who woulda thunk they ( with one rebuilding season ) would finish better than Anaheim, who spent 300m to secure a post season spot?

Yeah, I know there was a movie about it and all, but Billy Beane is a fucking genius.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Oakland basically eliminated both Anaheim and Tampa Bay. Who woulda thunk they ( with one rebuilding season ) would finish better than Anaheim, who spent 300m to secure a post season spot?

Yeah, I know there was a movie about it and all, but Billy Beane is a fucking genius.

Kill
What are the chances the A's are going to be hungover today and
lose the game, ending their chance to win the division title?
You know the A's had the beer pouring heavily last night and could
care less about the remaining 2 games.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:Oakland basically eliminated both Anaheim and Tampa Bay. Who woulda thunk they ( with one rebuilding season ) would finish better than Anaheim, who spent 300m to secure a post season spot?

Kill
What are the chances the A's are going to be hungover today and
lose the game, ending their chance to win the division title?
You know the A's had the beer pouring heavily last night and could
care less about the remaining 2 games.
It's possible, but I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. They're hungry and "not caring" about the remaining two games is madness, especially since the loser still has to face either the MFY or Baltimore in a one game playoff.

They want to make a statement. 14 walkoffs this year.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The Seattle Mariners announced plans Tuesday to move in the outfield fences at their spacious ballpark for the 2013 season after years of debate on the impact that having one of the more vast outfields in baseball was having on their offense.

The biggest change will come in the left-center field alley, where the fence will move in as much as 17 feet from its current dimension. The left-center power alley is currently 390 feet, but will be at 378 feet next season. From there, instead of a rounded fence, the wall will move straight out to its deepest point at 405 feet, four feet shorter than currently. The straighter line of the fence will lead to the 17-foot change.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:The Seattle Mariners announced plans Tuesday to move in the outfield fences at their spacious ballpark for the 2013 season after years of debate on the impact that having one of the more vast outfields in baseball was having on their offense.

The biggest change will come in the left-center field alley, where the fence will move in as much as 17 feet from its current dimension. The left-center power alley is currently 390 feet, but will be at 378 feet next season. From there, instead of a rounded fence, the wall will move straight out to its deepest point at 405 feet, four feet shorter than currently. The straighter line of the fence will lead to the 17-foot change.
That's something that has been discussed for a few seasons now. The change I'm not sure if the layout is going to make much of a difference. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Like Seattle had a hell of a time attracting FA RHH, especially since it was stated Beltre told some to avoid Safeco. So there's the possibility of being able to sign a big bat and to see what Montero can do, plus to see if Justin Smoak's recent showings are proof he's becoming the hitter he's projected to. Same with Guitierrez.

On the flip side though. If there is a significant change in HR rates, that means the visiting team is going to start hitting more too. I guess we'll see if Jason Vargas is worth the 8m afterall. That entire staff better learn sinkerballs.
Cyd
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Cyd »

Cardinals clinch.