Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Cyd
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by Cyd »

Fear the Cardinals. It ain't over til it's over, but 2 big wins in a row. I got high hopes now.
Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_
Headlining Clubs

Post by Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_ »

Bighole wrote:Fear the Cardinals. It ain't over til it's over, but 2 big wins in a row. I got high hopes now.
They'll probably win it all again. Nothing surprises me when it comes to that fucking team.
"They say every sin is deadly, but I believe they may be wrong
Cause I'm guilty of all seven & I don't feel too bad at all"
Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_
Headlining Clubs

Well Kill, looks like your "this series will go 5" initial prediction was correct. Reds should have closed the book on this series yesterday. But today, pathetic. I KNEW when I found out that Leake was pitching that it was going to be a LONG day.

Today is one of those days when Dusty deserves all the flak he receives. SO MANY better ways he could have set this game up today. Starting Leake is just asking to lose and throwing Arredondo in is another mistake. I've thought both to be pretty bad all year. He should have either just went ahead and thrown Latos out there on short rest OR with our BP in good shape, he should have pulled Leake after 1 (2 at the most) and then ran the BP (sans Arredondo - someone I would ONLY throw in IF we have the lead and his ass would have been on an extremely short leash). Me personally, I would have started LeCure and if I HAD to pitch Leake, it would have been on a short leash & for an inning tops from the BP.

I swear it almost looks as though Dusty WANTED to lose this game. Overall, I do like Dusty, but this is one of those games where he just drives me nuts.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Reds may be in trouble. I assume Cain is going tomorrow, and I don't see him throwing two substandard games in a row.

Who would have thought the two games won in the series by the Giants would be started by Zito and Vogelsong?
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

I didn't see Zito and Vogelsong stepping up like they did at all. I was expecting the series to go 5 though. I about mid way through the season kinda expected another SF/Texas WS. I'm eating crow on that one :lol: Plus I really underestimated how good the Reds are, really until like September where I went "holy shit these guys are no joke...too bad their manager sucks."
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Can someone please explain the Washington Nationals to me?

Are they just happy to be in the playoffs, and don't care if they win or lose?

I get the Strasburg thing, or at least can see both sides of the arguement. But I don't get how Detweiler starts against Kyle Lohse with the Nats having their backs to the wall. Why not pitch Gonzalez, and then Zimmerman, on 3 days rest? You have to win game 4 before you get to game 5.

Makes no sense to me.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_ wrote:Well Kill, looks like your "this series will go 5" initial prediction was correct. Reds should have closed the book on this series yesterday. But today, pathetic. I KNEW when I found out that Leake was pitching that it was going to be a LONG day.

Today is one of those days when Dusty deserves all the flak he receives. SO MANY better ways he could have set this game up today. Starting Leake is just asking to lose and throwing Arredondo in is another mistake. I've thought both to be pretty bad all year. He should have either just went ahead and thrown Latos out there on short rest OR with our BP in good shape, he should have pulled Leake after 1 (2 at the most) and then ran the BP (sans Arredondo - someone I would ONLY throw in IF we have the lead and his ass would have been on an extremely short leash). Me personally, I would have started LeCure and if I HAD to pitch Leake, it would have been on a short leash & for an inning tops from the BP.

I swear it almost looks as though Dusty WANTED to lose this game. Overall, I do like Dusty, but this is one of those games where he just drives me nuts.
You'll learn how to hate him. He still having his five year old son sit on his lap for post game as a distraction?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:
Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_ wrote: I swear it almost looks as though Dusty WANTED to lose this game. Overall, I do like Dusty, but this is one of those games where he just drives me nuts.
You'll learn how to hate him. He still having his five year old son sit on his lap for post game as a distraction?
:lol:
Wait, the little kid from the JT Snow/WS home plate incident in '02?

That kids like 14 now. It'll be a distraction alright. A real awkward distraction...
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Texas Rangers CEO Nolan Ryan said the timing of Josh Hamilton's decision to quit smokeless tobacco this summer "couldn't have been worse."

"You would've liked to have thought that if he was going to do that, that he would've done it in the offseason or waited until this offseason to do it," Ryan said during an appearance on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM's "Galloway and Company" this week. "So the drastic effect that it had on him and the year that he was having up to that point in time when he did quit, you'd have liked that he would've taken a different approach to that."

Hamilton, who began his quest to quit dipping in late June, admitted in August that he was dealing with a "discipline" issue and said it was discipline at the plate and discipline in "being obedient to the Lord in quitting chewing tobacco."
Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_
Headlining Clubs

johnk5150 wrote:
Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_ wrote:Well Kill, looks like your "this series will go 5" initial prediction was correct. Reds should have closed the book on this series yesterday. But today, pathetic. I KNEW when I found out that Leake was pitching that it was going to be a LONG day.

We lose this game today (and it's looking like we're going to), and I might have learned. Not sure he'll be back though if we drop this one and our season ends @ the same junction as the 2010 season. It's not good enough to just make it to the playoffs this year, we're a good enough team we should have went further.

At the same time, I'm not sure who else is out there that would be worth a shit as a mgr. I don't want Jim Tracy or Bobby V. Or Acta (sp? - Indians old mgr.).

And Latos, as much as I like him and think he is one hell of a pitcher and just a bulldog most of the time, that hothead needs to learn to reel in his emotions. When things DON'T go his way, he flies all to pieces.

Being a Reds fan, unless we make a MIRACLE comeback, and I don't see it happening, is embarrassing right now. And here I thought we were TOTAL BADASSES this past weekend.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_ wrote: We lose this game today (and it's looking like we're going to), and I might have learned. Not sure he'll be back though if we drop this one and our season ends @ the same junction as the 2010 season. It's not good enough to just make it to the playoffs this year, we're a good enough team we should have went further.

At the same time, I'm not sure who else is out there that would be worth a shit as a mgr. I don't want Jim Tracy or Bobby V. Or Acta (sp? - Indians old mgr.).

And Latos, as much as I like him and think he is one hell of a pitcher and just a bulldog most of the time, that hothead needs to learn to reel in his emotions. When things DON'T go his way, he flies all to pieces.

Being a Reds fan, unless we make a MIRACLE comeback, and I don't see it happening, is embarrassing right now. And here I thought we were TOTAL BADASSES this past
weekend.
Helluva series, helluva game. The thing is the Giants are a really good team. They did all that without "the beard", Lincecum as an ace, Melky ( who was massive all year ).

If they drop Dusty there's no one availible, plus they'll be competing with Boston. It's an ugly position to be in really.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Do you bench A Rod today?

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:Do you bench A Rod today?
No!
That is ridiculous. Every MLB hitter goes through a terrible slump over
162 games.
ARod just happens to being going through his worst slump in the most
important games.
ARod is not the only Yankee hitter that put up numbers during the season and is struggling in the ALDS
Both Cano and Granderson have a worse batting average than ARod after
4 games.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Machado wrote:
No!
Benched
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
No!
That is ridiculous. Every MLB hitter goes through a terrible slump over
162 games.
ARod just happens to being going through his worst slump in the most
important games.
ARod is not the only Yankee hitter that put up numbers during the season and is struggling in the ALDS
Both Cano and Granderson have a worse batting average than ARod after
4 games.
Yeah, but here's the deal. Arod ( aside from 2010 ....once ) has ALWAYS sucked in the playoffs. The quarter billion dollar superstar can't handle pressure.

"An Arod experience? How about he hits a couple balls through the infield in the postseason? That's an Arod experience I'd like." - MFY AAA GM Rob Crain :lol:

All is right with the world.....

Oh, my boy Jake was right. Oakland lost 6-0, Verlander? 11Ks. Ouch.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Ichiro guessed fastball right.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Cardinals coming back.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:Cardinals coming back.
That fucking team :lol: I swear to God they're relentless.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Fuck the Nationals and their crying, fairweather fans... They don't know half the pain I felt when the Expos moved.

Go Giants!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

That was unreal. All 4 of the series went 5 games, and aside from having to face Verlander all of them went down the wire.

"It ain't over till it's over" - Yogi Berra
Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_
Headlining Clubs

It's just sickening to watch the Cardinals do this shit year in and year out. Once those guys get a sniff of the postseason, it's almost like money in the bank that they're going to pull out some insane, defy all odds crazy shit.

I know exactly how some of those Nats fans are feeling right about now.

Baseball is really unlike any other sport IMO. I love me some Kentucky college basketball and I get a bit invested in them during the college basketball season, but really, other than a few high profile games, the season doesn't really begin for me until conference play begins in Jan. So it's really just a 3 month season ( & even THAT is dependent upon how far you go if you make the NCAA tourney) and a maximum (until March) of 2 games per week. So it's not the everyday part of your life like being a baseball fan is.

Football, I've never been much of a fan. I could care absolutely less about college FB and though I will watch some NFL games here and there, I really could care less and have no real emotional investment with any NFL team.

Baseball is just SO SO different (for me at least). You get SO invested in your team because they play nearly EVERY DAY for a 6 month period. 162 games (and then some if your team makes the postseason - so for some teams fans, the season ends up being 7 months long). And when it's over, especially the way this season ended for the Reds, it's totally fucking depressing. First off, there's absolutely NO WAY in the WORLD they should have EVER lost that series to the Giants after dominating them in SF & only needing ONE friggin' win @ home (made even worse knowing how friggin' GREAT Bailey pitched in game 3 and Scott Rolen, one of the greatest defensive 3rd basemen of all time made a crucial error which essentially cost 'em that game - but the blame can also be applied to the fact that the Reds offense was as limp as a 90 yr. olds dick that game). And second off, it's sad knowing that the daily routine of watching your team is over for 6 months and you never know who will still be with the team the next season - you get used to the same guys day in and day out and it can really hurt to see some of 'em go. (For example, I'll REALLY miss Ryan Ludwick if he doesn't return).

But yeah, there are some UBER CRUSHED Nats fans right about now. To go during that game from feeling like you have the game in the bag to end up losing to a miraculous, down to their final strike comeback.....man, that's just GOTTA fucking BURN.

While on the flipside, the Cardinals fans are probably already feeling another World Series berth - and a VERY POSSIBLE second consecutive unlikely and "magical" WS victory.

Did I mention I HATE the fucking Cardinals? :x :evil:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_ wrote: Did I mention I HATE the fucking Cardinals? :x :evil:
You have to admit though, a SF/St. Louis NLCS will probably be a pretty kickass series.
Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_
Headlining Clubs

killeverything wrote:
Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_ wrote: Did I mention I HATE the fucking Cardinals? :x :evil:
You have to admit though, a SF/St. Louis NLCS will probably be a pretty kickass series.
Yes & I hope SF beat the ever loving piss out of those lucky bastards!
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I'm loving the irony of the new playoff format supposedly being so much more beneficial for the division winners...then the team with the best record lost to the worst team in the playoffs. Another win for Bud Selig!

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:I'm loving the irony of the new playoff format supposedly being so much more beneficial for the division winners...then the team with the best record lost to the worst team in the playoffs. Another win for Bud Selig!
I'm in no way defending Selig, he shoulda been gone long time ago. Through the Wild Card ( the first format I think is a good idea ) the Cardinals won the World Series twice. Three times now they've had no business being in the Playoffs.

While I disagree with the second WC, it's pretty awesome to see St. Louis do this every fucking year. Without Pujols and without LaRussa the Cards are in the mix again. SF is missing "the Beard", Lincecum's out of the BP, Melky's a suspended juicer, Zito ( who shoulda been a AAAA pitcher in '07 ) is the #4 and SF has been dominate.

There's some kickass baseball going on in the NL right now.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Fuck you Detroit. Guess we can pencil you in for a win when Verlander's on the mound. Oakland shoulda won.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Sonofawhore. Jeter's out with a fractured ankle. :? Shit.

Yeah, I think that's a Marlins reliever wearing a Valverde mask? Thank God for...Delmon Young?

SMYLY FOR CLOSER!
Fuck sigs.
madmaxfan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by madmaxfan »

And the Tigers go up 2-0 on the Stankees. How the ump called Infante safe in the 8th is beyond me :shock: He was out by a mile but I'll take gift all day long. Girardi can cry about that all day long but the fact remains they didn't score any runs.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

madmaxfan wrote:And the Tigers go up 2-0 on the Stankees. How the ump called Infante safe in the 8th is beyond me :shock: He was out by a mile but I'll take gift all day long. Girardi can cry about that all day long but the fact remains they didn't score any runs.
God bless em'.

The series I'm most stoked for is SF/St. Louis, which is about to start. This I think goes 6 or 7.
madmaxfan
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by madmaxfan »

I think probly 7 myself. I just pray SF can knock out Stl. If we beat the Stankees I really don't want to see the Cards in the WS again. I still have nightmares about 06.