Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:The Angels are still fucking horrible, in case you missed it.
We're all aware. I thought it was funny how all the sportswriters had them poised to win the division. I'm an A's believer, so I could se them repeating and Texas is the best run team in baseball. Losing Hamilton ( sorry ) and Napoli did nothing to them. It cost NY over a billion dollars for another ring. Even then "Mr. March" Arod was juiced out of his mind. Magic and company are learning how hard it is to buy a championship too.

I hope Epstein takes note. Darvish cost TX about 30m, not the 100+ "Japanese Joke" Matsuzaka cost Boston. Chicago's about to learn the boy genius broke the curse with a team someone else built. Baseball is fun.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

The Rangers getting Darvish...fuck man, that was a great move for them. And we got CJ fucking Wilson, king of the nibblers.
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

Funnelhead
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Funnelhead »

Nice road win for The Sox last night, Kill. Rays really needed that game. I maybe saw 15 pitches total as The B's game was awesome.
BTW, who picked Price in the first round of fantasy ball?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:The Rangers getting Darvish...fuck man, that was a great move for them. And we got CJ fucking Wilson, king of the nibblers.
Texas is really upping the bar on how to successfully run an organization. Getting Nolan Ryan in the org. and having him work with the pitching staff has done wonders. Their farm is loaded, they can say "Hamilton Schamilton" and let the superstar walk and takeover or hover around first place. Once that new ownership took over from Hicks who took over from the Connecticut retard that organization completely turned around.

Speaking of turning around or trying to I've written about Houston's rotating their starters before to better assimilate them to the majors, etc. It works in the minors does it actually work on the ML level? I think it's an interesting experiment.

Anyways Nolan Ryan's son was just hired as their president, so I wonder what he's going to do to turn around their franchise. He's had pretty good success with their two minor league teams and it's said he understands how to build a system. Houston seems like a whole new territory for building a competitor.
Last edited by killeverything on Sat May 18, 2013 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_
Headlining Clubs

Post by Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_ »

tin00can wrote:The Angels are still fucking horrible, in case you missed it.
Even though he has looked pretty damn shitty thus far, were I an Angels fan, the Josh Hamilton deal wouldn't bother me all that bad....hell, he very well might get himself turned around.

OTOH, that albatross of a deal the Angels signed Albert Pujols to is going to end up looking like one of the worst deals in baseball sooner rather than later I'm predicting. Hell, I bet even plenty of Cardinals fans are breathing a big ole sigh of relief that ole Al didn't take the Cards up on the offer they presented to him.

I know there have been "whisperings" floating around in recent years that Pujols is actually older than he claims, and I have to be honest...for some reason, I actually think he is myself. Could be completely wrong, but I don't know....for some reason, I just think he is......
"They say every sin is deadly, but I believe they may be wrong
Cause I'm guilty of all seven & I don't feel too bad at all"
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Everyone knew a contract that long for a guy that old was dumb. Still it has that superstar appeal that will translate into ticket sales, merch, etc. So it could potentially break even.

Adding Hamilton who's decline is going to be way more rapid and glaringly obvious was beyong moronic. Not only that their rotation is weak and their farm system is pretty barren. You have one of the most exciting young players in baseball in Mike Trout and a team that's crippled itself in the future....just like the other LA team.

Which brings up my next point. Which is worse it's been stated that LA's trade with Boston was the potentially worst of alltime. Or was signing both Pujols and Hamilton stupider? I am so glad Seattle didn't end up with Hamilton, as I've said before I'm over thinking Jack Zuerednick is a brillant GM. Trading Pineda for Montero should've gotten him fired especially after letting Special Olympics gold medal winner Eric Wedge manage. If he would brought in Hamilton for 100m he should be taken out back and shot.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Ian Kinsler to DL, Jackson Profar called up.

Brett Anderson out another 6 weeks with stress fracture in left foot. Jesus that guy's on the DL more than Jacoby.

Aannnddd who fucking saw Justin Masterson morphing into the pitcher he is? He had 11Ks aganst Seattle today. ( 6-2, 3.14ERA, 126 ERA+, 60K, 63IP ) That was a good trade, Theo. Idiot.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Mike Trout hits for the cycle and the Angels demolish the Mariners (who are still ahead of them in the standings). Good to see this kid getting it back again after a slow-ish start.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:Mike Trout hits for the cycle and the Angels demolish the Mariners (who are still ahead of them in the standings). Good to see this kid getting it back again after a slow-ish start.
I was chuckling at the thought of that game. If there's any way to break out of a slump it's face Joe Saunders at home. Take away Saunders, Harrang and Eric Wedge and Seattle is a hell of a lot better than their record shows.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Mariners sent down Jesus Montero to AAA.

He was the kid, top prospect, young phenom that the Yankees traded away in return for
Pineda

Just goes to show being a top prospect does not mean anything.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Mariners sent down Jesus Montero to AAA.

He was the kid, top prospect, young phenom that the Yankees traded away in return for
Pineda

Especially when your mlb comparison ( per Baseball Prospectus ) is Miguel Cabrera...huh? The guy has power but tries to hard to pull the ball, makes horrible baserunning mistakes ( so his instincts suck ), can't catch for shit, can't throw for shit and Seattle's "genius" GM trades away a 26 year old power pitcher for him. That should've gotten him fired ( especially after the Doug Fister trade ).

Now it's reported Pineda's rehab is going great and he's hitting 98 on the gun. That shouldn't be a reason to fire Jack Z., it should be reason for him to be shot.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:Mariners sent down Jesus Montero to AAA.

Pineda

Especially when your mlb comparison ( per Baseball Prospectus ) is Miguel Cabrera...huh? The guy has power but tries to hard to pull the ball, makes horrible baserunning mistakes ( so his instincts suck ), can't catch for shit, can't throw for shit and Seattle's "genius" GM trades away a 26 year old power pitcher for him. That should've gotten him fired ( especially after the Doug Fister trade ).

Now it's reported Pineda's rehab is going great and he's hitting 98 on the gun. That shouldn't be a reason to fire Jack Z., it should be reason for him to be shot.
I read the same reports on Pineda. He is probably 5 weeks away from joining the Yankees. Once he makes his 1st rehab start, that is when the 30 day clock will begin ticking.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

#firemattingly
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Curtis Granderson suffered a fractured pinky on his left hand last night.
Rough season so far.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:The Rangers getting Darvish...fuck man, that was a great move for them.
Speaking of which, check out his exact same release point on all five of his pitches.

That is unreal. Tonight in his 14K game against Arizona he threw a 64mph curve followed by a 98mph fastball ( 4 seam I believe ). That is fucking scary good. Plus he hit 105 strikeouts this evening which is on pace to surpass Schilling and Johnson's 314 and 336 mark set in 2002 ( the last time a pitcher had 300Ks for a season.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Dustin Pedroia has been playing with a torn UCL in his thumb since Opening Day.
Everybody has been saying he's been having an MVP type season so far because he is completely healthy for the first time in years.
Go figure.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Yankees have lost 4 consecutive games.
3 in a row to the Mets
:evil:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

The Royals hire George Brett as interim hitting coach.

Jered Weaver on return from DL went 6IP, 7K with 1ER. That's a hell of a boost for LAAAAA.

Oakland is on a six game winning streak going for seven against Zito and the slumping Giants today. Holy shit the A's/Rangers battle for first is getting good.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Machado wrote:Yankees have lost 4 consecutive games.
3 in a row to the Mets
With all the injuries they've had you should be happy they're over .500.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote:
Machado wrote:Yankees have lost 4 consecutive games.
3 in a row to the Mets
With all the injuries they've had you should be happy they're over .500.
No one expected them to do what they've accomplished thus far. Of course this season is a veritable Smithsonian Of What The Fuck apparently ( read: the LA teams, Tito's Indians, Toronto, Eric Wedge being employed in MLB, etc. ). What should be noted about the MFY is how fucking superb their bullpen has been. I'll post some stats in a bit, but they've been untouchable. Literally.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Kill

3 game series begins tonight in The Bronx.

Youk and Tex are scheduled to be activated sometime today.

Which is great timing for the Yankees because the Sox are starting
2 consecutive lefties tonight and tomorrow. Yankees need more RH bats
in the line-up that can produce.

Well has cooled off. 2 weeks ago there were whispers he might earn an all-star invite. Not sure about that anymore.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Ellsbury steals 5 bases last night and won't play tonight because he tweaked his groin last night.......running the bases.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote:Ellsbury steals 5 bases last night and won't play tonight because he tweaked his groin last night.......running the bases.
He's fucking talented. He would be a 5 tool player if he didn't throw like a girl. He won't be back in Boston next year Scott Boras is his agent. I was calling for trade him while he was so hot for last night's injury repeatedley. He plays hard, but he's made of fucking glass.

Epstein's got a hard on for him because Ellsbury was Theo's one moderate success that wasn't directly attributed to Dan Duquette. Let boy wonder have him, he can sit on the DL in Chicago.
Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_
Headlining Clubs

Post by Monkey_Julius_Bowaffle_ »

Damn, what is the deal with the LA Angels getting whipped up on by the lowly Houston Astros? If I'm not mistaken, the Astro's just SWEPT them! And if memory is serving me correctly, the 'Stro's have won an earlier series (or 2) against them as well. I mean, the horrible Astro's! The team I hated to see leave the NL Central as they were always a team (in recent years) I could look forward to beating up on and getting some easy W's against.
"They say every sin is deadly, but I believe they may be wrong
Cause I'm guilty of all seven & I don't feel too bad at all"
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

In a press release that's surprising to absolutely no one, Miguel Cabrera leads All-Star polling for the AL.

No shit? :lol:
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

killeverything wrote:In a press release that's surprising to absolutely no one, Miguel Cabrera leads All-Star polling for the AL.

No shit? :lol:
TURPLE CRAWN WINNAR, U NO
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Bombshell report from ESPN: Evidently, Tony Bosch of Biogenesis is cooperating with MLB and up to 20 players could be suspended soon.

Seems like tricky business to suspend someone without a positive test. I don't know, we'll see.
Major League Baseball is planning to suspend at least 20 players connected to Biogenesis, the Miami clinic under investigation for supplying performance-enhancing drugs, reports T.J. Quinn, Pedro Gomez and Mike Fish of ESPN's Outside The Lines. Biogenesis founder Tony Bosch has agreed to cooperate with the investigation and begin naming players, with suspensions possibly following within two weeks.

The list of possible suspensions includes Alex Rodriguez, Ryan Braun, Melky Cabrera, Nelson Cruz, Bartolo Colon, Yasmani Grandal, Francisco Cervelli, Jesus Montero, Jhonny Peralta, Cesar Puello, Fernando Martinez, Everth Cabrera, Fautino de los Santos and Jordan Norberto, plus others who are named in documents that the ESPN team haven't had access to, or are known under code names.
Continued:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/06/m ... qus_thread
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I was coming to post that. It seems possible with Dr.'s reports/evidence, etc. Clemens had an OJ-esque defense team so he got away with it. A missed mailed sample cutoff time let "MVP" Ryan Braun skate by. Arod just hasn't gotten popped after the penalties were put in place, but we all know ( and fucking behold now there's proof ) his MFY WS heroics were bullshit.

Bud Selig fucked baseball so bad under his reign ( strike, cxl WS, Ruth/Maris/Aaron's records, tied All-Star game, Balco, Interleague, no salary caps, Mcgwire and the like, umpiring, etc. ), that severe doping penalties are the only way to restore the game's integrity. I'm not sure personally if this is what will work. I'm for dragging him out back and putting a bullet in him Chickenona style. Then bury him at Fairday Field.

They're not gonna do that though so severe suspensions it is.
Leppardmania
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Leppardmania »

I hope they suspend all these P.E.D. users.

RambOWNED!!!