Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/ ... er=ya5nbcs

Umpire Joe West is already in midseason "bad" form. Look at his ridiculous behavior last night during a Spring Training game. How is the man still allowed to wear an umpire uniform? I loathe AJ for all the right reasons but I have to stick up for him this time around.
He's union. They all are. CB Bucknor is legally blind, but he's protected by the Umpire Union and the American Umpires with Disabilities Act.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

White Sox and Adam Eaton agree on 5/23.5 extension.

Jon Lester shutdown for tired arm. Still expected to make opening day start.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

The top 10 farm rankings have been released.

1. Cubs
2. Red Sox
3. Twins
4. Pirates
5. Mets
6. Dodgers
7. Texas
8. Astros
9. Braves
10. Bluejays
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez make their ST debuts today. Both are expected to be ready by opening day.

The Mets apparently had Zach Wheeler on the no trade list to hide his elbow issues. That's not surprising.

The Cubs prospect Kris Bryant hit his mlb leading 8th HR. The 7th was off King Felix, who had some pretty funny things to say about his shaky ST start. "Big power. Nice." The King said of Bryant. "He hit bad pitches. I need to work on my changeup in the bullpen and see if I still have it." This was said while smiling.

This bring me up to Bryant discussion. I'm not positive how team control all works, but apparently he still has options that will have him starting the season in AAA. Both he and super agent Scott Boras are pissed. This leads to my question. Is it fair for a team to keep an obviously mlb-caliber player in the minors because they can? Just to save roster space, etc.? Or are they fucking with his future?

I could see this being an issue of contention during the next contract negotiations with the MLBPA.

Speaking of King Felix and his erroneous ( I've been using that word a lot lately ) loss of the Cy to Kluber. Every time Felix feels slighted he comes back better next season. Last season he pitched better because he fell apart at the end of '13. In 2014 he set new mlb records.

Now you have an undoubtedly pissed off King on a scarily improved Seattle Mariners team. Weaver looks like he's regained his form in ST, but I honestly believe that Seattle wins the Division. Last year they learned how good they are. Had the lowest ERA in the AL, the best bullpen in mlb, and lead ST in ERA. The season this year should be good.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The situation with the Cubs and Bryant is ridiculous. Not the first time a team will send a player to minors for X amount of days so his service time is delayed by another year.
The kid is obviously ready to play at the next level. Leave it up to the Cubs to make the wrong decision here. The Cubs are losers. So they will decide against having the kid on the team when the season begins and they will lose X amount of games because of tha poor choice.
Win now and bring the kid up.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:The situation with the Cubs and Bryant is ridiculous. Not the first time a team will send a player to minors for X amount of days so his service time is delayed by another year.
The kid is obviously ready to play at the next level. Leave it up to the Cubs to make the wrong decision here. The Cubs are losers. So they will decide against having the kid on the team when the season begins and they will lose X amount of games because of tha poor choice.
I think the Cubs will be better than the Yankees this season.

NYY prospect Jose Pirela suffers concussion from wall crash.

LAD's Ryu shut down with shoulder issue.

Union head Tony Clark closely monitoring Bryant situation.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

What is the point of taking a shot at ARod now? ARod has been punished. He is the biggest PED target since Bonds, but now retired players are taking shots at him. Very nice. I hope this motivates ARod even more. Even before this dig at ARod, it seems the fans are cheering for him and wanting ARod to have a good season to shut up the critics.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Image

What is the point of taking a shot at ARod now? ARod has been punished. He is the biggest PED target since Bonds, but now retired players are taking shots at him. Very nice. I hope this motivates ARod even more. Even before this dig at ARod, it seems the fans are cheering for him and wanting ARod to have a good season to shut up the critics.
Because he's a lying, cheating piece of shit. Formerly beloved Jewish "MVP" Ryan Braun has been booed mercilessly too.

If anything you should be mad at Arod for taking so much money from your adopted team.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:

Because he's a lying, cheating piece of shit. Formerly beloved Jewish "MVP" Ryan Braun has been booed mercilessly too.

If anything you should be mad at Arod for taking so much money from your adopted team.
Why should I be mad at ARod for taking money? Its not my money. I could care less about the money situation. I'm much more upset that he's getting older. I wish ARod was 29, not 39.
Fans need to shut up about ARod already. He was not the 1st cheater in baseball and will not be the last.
Melky Cabrera, while playing in SF, set up a fake website in order to lie to the fans and MLB, yet he was rewarded with a multi-million dollar contract. Lucky for Melky he was not the highest paid player in MLB, so the fans and media do not give a damn about his case anymore.
There have been pitchers who used foreign substances or used foreign objects to doctor the ball and get a competitive advantage while on the field, but those players are ignored. Some of them committed that foul during the playoffs. Back in '88, Jay Howell of the Dodgers was ejected from a playoff game for having pine tar on his glove vs the Mets?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:

Why should I be mad at ARod for taking money? Its not my money. I could care less about the money situation. I'm much more upset that he's getting older. I wish ARod was 29, not 39.
Fans need to shut up about ARod already. He was not the 1st cheater in baseball and will not be the last.
Melky Cabrera, while playing in SF, set up a fake website in order to lie to the fans and MLB, yet he was rewarded with a multi-million dollar contract. Lucky for Melky he was not the highest paid player in MLB, so the fans and media do not give a damn about his case anymore.
There have been pitchers who used foreign substances or used foreign objects to doctor the ball and get a competitive advantage while on the field, but those players are ignored. Some of them committed that foul during the playoffs. Back in '88, Jay Howell of the Dodgers was ejected from a playoff game for having pine tar on his glove vs the Mets?
Pitchers cheating in the Playoffs? You mean like Pettitte and Clemens?

Why does Arod get a pass with you?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Kill
ARod gets a pass because he served his punishment. What else can someone ask for? There are players before him to "cheated" and they escaped any penalty and are not talked about as much as ARod. Just because ARod was the highest paid player does not mean he is the #1 villain in the history of the game.
It is hypocritical to single him out as the biggest cheat in the game. He just served the longest suspension for PED use in the history of the game.
Again, what else would you want to have happen to him?

As for Pettitte & Clemens, again, they were not the 1st to cheat and won't be the last. What is your point about those 2 players?
Can you truthfully prove when these players were cheating and if the PED use helped them win X amount of games in the playoffs? Nobody can.
We throw a blanket generalization over them and put them in a category that somehow portrays them as the worst MLB players of the era.
Which is foolish to do.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Kill
ARod gets a pass because he served his punishment. What else can someone ask for? There are players before him to "cheated" and they escaped any penalty and are not talked about as much as ARod. Just because ARod was the highest paid player does not mean he is the #1 villain in the history of the game.
It is hypocritical to single him out as the biggest cheat in the game. He just served the longest suspension for PED use in the history of the game.
Again, what else would you want to have happen to him?

As for Pettitte & Clemens, again, they were not the 1st to cheat and won't be the last. What is your point about those 2 players?
Can you truthfully prove when these players were cheating and if the PED use helped them win X amount of games in the playoffs? Nobody can.
We throw a blanket generalization over them and put them in a category that somehow portrays them as the worst MLB players of the era.
Which is foolish to do.
Actually you can. Clemens? Duh. Everyone ( including his best friend/teammate and fucking wife. ) said he was juicing.

Pettitte admitted it, he said he did it because....wait for it.......IT HELPED HIM. When you win awards you wouldn't have had you not been cheating, then yes, I think you are one of the worst of the era ( Braun's MVP, Clemens' anything he won post-Boston, Arod's anything he won post-Seattle, HGHiambi's MVP ).

Again, I'm going to laugh at the upcoming court case when the tainted Yankee "record holder" isn't paid for "breaking" records. I find it hysterical and it couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of douchebags.

Twins sign 2B Brian Dozier for 4/20m.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

The Paper Kings sign INF Hector Olivera to a 6/62.5m deal.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Fat Panda is going to eat his way out of Boston at the rate he is going.
More fun comments from him today have surfaced. Hey Kill, how do you like Fat Panda and that contract now?
"I'm a professional and I know what I have to do,'' said Sandoval, listed as 5-11 and 255. "I know where I've failed and how I've grown up. If I had signed (with the Giants), I knew I would be under a (weight) regimen for five years, and I'm not going to be happy someplace where I'm under that kind of regimen, where I can't be myself.''
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Fat Panda is going to eat his way out of Boston at the rate he is going.
More fun comments from him today have surfaced. Hey Kill, how do you like Fat Panda and that contract now?
"I'm a professional and I know what I have to do,'' said Sandoval, listed as 5-11 and 255. "I know where I've failed and how I've grown up. If I had signed (with the Giants), I knew I would be under a (weight) regimen for five years, and I'm not going to be happy someplace where I'm under that kind of regimen, where I can't be myself.''
I'm glad SF didn't resign him and I'm going to laugh my ass off when he hits at the Mendoza line and that media/fanbase tears him apart.

He has no idea what he's getting into and how good he had it in the bay.

I don't like Sandoval, never have. The 2010 post season let's you know what kind of player/person he is. Bringing his ego into the same clubhouse as Hanley is a recipe for disaster. The Red Sox have been trying to be the MFY for a while now. It looks like they've finally succeeded.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

The Twins Awaken.

This is pretty funny and amusing.

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/03/25/114 ... =241544156
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/i ... k-steroids

Big Papi is on the defensive. If you read the article one would like Barry Bonds and ARod behind the quotes. Once again we have a player from the steroid era who states that he never knowingly took steroids.
Sorry Ortiz. You failed a test. Does not matter if the results of the test were leaked. A failed test is a failed test.
The guy went from a lean nobody to a monster player that is still putting up huge numbers at his advanced age.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/i ... k-steroids

Big Papi is on the defensive. If you read the article one would like Barry Bonds and ARod behind the quotes. Once again we have a player from the steroid era who states that he never knowingly took steroids.
Sorry Ortiz. You failed a test. Does not matter if the results of the test were leaked. A failed test is a failed test.
The guy went from a lean nobody to a monster player that is still putting up huge numbers at his advanced age.
There have been players that were on the 2003 list that weren't on PEDs. Gio Gonzalez was erroneously flagged too and later cleared. Since they fucked up releasing the anonymous results, they should release who was tested for what. Ortiz didn't fail, he was flagged. Manny was flagged, Manny was using PEDs.

Ortiz hasn't failed anything again, which is funny if you think about it. He had his monster seasons well after 2003. Arod? Fails repeatedly. Monster season. Failed test. Finally gets a hit in the postseason? Fails test. Suspended.

You should be up in arms about the 2003 test results and what players were flagged and why. Especially considering the Yankees led mlb with it.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:

There have been players that were on the 2003 list that weren't on PEDs. Gio Gonzalez was erroneously flagged too and later cleared. Since they fucked up releasing the anonymous results, they should release who was tested for what. Ortiz didn't fail, he was flagged. Manny was flagged, Manny was using PEDs.

Ortiz hasn't failed anything again, which is funny if you think about it. He had his monster seasons well after 2003. Arod? Fails repeatedly. Monster season. Failed test. Finally gets a hit in the postseason? Fails test. Suspended.

You should be up in arms about the 2003 test results and what players were flagged and why. Especially considering the Yankees led mlb with it.
Just waiting for Ortiz to have his Oprah moment. C'mon, that is bound to happen within the next year or so.
Ortiz passed drugs tests. Big deal. So did ARod, remember? Countless number of players have passed the drug tests and yet they were still found guilty and suspended. Do you see where I am getting at? Bonds never failed a drug test but if you ask 100 people in the streets if Bonds used PED's, 100 of them would answer DAMN YES Bonds used PED's during his time in the game.
Ortiz is no different.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:

Just waiting for Ortiz to have his Oprah moment. C'mon, that is bound to happen within the next year or so.
Ortiz passed drugs tests. Big deal. So did ARod, remember? Countless number of players have passed the drug tests and yet they were still found guilty and suspended. Do you see where I am getting at? Bonds never failed a drug test but if you ask 100 people in the streets if Bonds used PED's, 100 of them would answer DAMN YES Bonds used PED's during his time in the game.
Ortiz is no different.
I doubt it. The dude has repeatedly tried to get the results released. Bonds didn't fail the one test he was given in 2003. He is documented purchasing PEDs, so it's not a witch hunt. Clemens never failed a test either but there sure is a lot of damning evidence.

Ortiz there is nothing but the 2003 test. No witness testimonies, or rumors. You know the things that every single popped PED guy has had? That's why I'm inclined to believe him. Certain supplements could give a positive result on the 2003 test. Some guys have already been cleared.

Papi brings this shit up a lot. Knowing damn well if what gave the positive ranking was illegal and it was released it would only be worse for him. You don't scream look at the evidence if the evidence will damn you. His lawyers will have told him that.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

Can you guys STFU about PEDs? Theeeeeeenks!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

There are some rumors surfacing that regardless of when they actually do well, despite having one of the lowest payrolls in baseball Tampa just won't support the Rays.

Supposedly the owners are speaking about moving them to Montreal.

Wild.

Oh yeah, PEDs! :lol:
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

STEROIDS STEROIDS STEROIDS! Jabber switch turned on!
Fucking wankees, first a Rivera crying on the mound tour, then Jeter's traveling circus now it's NY's look at us Hat's Off For Taking ROIDS media year.
Money and drugs...A-Roid is the poster bitch for the ugliest decade * in Baseball history, he's the last remaining symbol smug son of a bitch from an era that should be stricken from the books. Roid should just piss on the field before walking out. I hope he spends most of it on the IR. If the truth came out the world would be a better place.....Hook, bait....
AAAAAAAAAA-ROIDDDDDDD......AAAAAAA-ROIDDDDDDDDDD

Another year I'm rooting for the Fish, they had something going for a while till the injury bug. Take no less than 3rd but want to see a 2rd place or better. Can't believe the Dee Gordon trade but hope he steals everything and crosses the plate all season long. Without Fernandez someone should step up, they will step up!

Wishing the M's to have a great season, after all the KING ball washing I wont add much more, I hope he gets the CY.

Still giving a hat's off to KC for doing what they did last year, not expecting much this season.

I'd kill to see the Tribe contend. Michael Brantley MVP!

Dodgers - Not expecting much, could go either way. Still don't like most the players but they have my support, I figure them to fall short of the division and playoffs or they somehow gel enough into a WC. Have a weird feeling pitching will be an issue. Kershaw to have a human year, the mid staff folding "again" or the rotation plagued with smallpox
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:STEROIDS STEROIDS STEROIDS! Jabber switch turned on!
Fucking wankees, first a Rivera crying on the mound tour, then Jeter's traveling circus now it's NY's look at us Hat's Off For Taking ROIDS media year.
Money and drugs...A-Roid is the poster bitch for the ugliest decade * in Baseball history, he's the last remaining symbol smug son of a bitch from an era that should be stricken from the books. Roid should just piss on the field before walking out. I hope he spends most of it on the IR. If the truth came out the world would be a better place.....Hook, bait....
AAAAAAAAAA-ROIDDDDDDD......AAAAAAA-ROIDDDDDDDDDD

Another year I'm rooting for the Fish, they had something going for a while till the injury bug. Take no less than 3rd but want to see a 2rd place or better. Can't believe the Dee Gordon trade but hope he steals everything and crosses the plate all season long. Without Fernandez someone should step up, they will step up!

Wishing the M's to have a great season, after all the KING ball washing I wont add much more, I hope he gets the CY.

Still giving a hat's off to KC for doing what they did last year, not expecting much this season.

I'd kill to see the Tribe contend. Michael Brantley MVP!

Dodgers - Not expecting much, could go either way. Still don't like most the players but they have my support, I figure them to fall short of the division and playoffs or they somehow gel enough into a WC. Have a weird feeling pitching will be an issue. Kershaw to have a human year, the mid staff folding "again" or the rotation plagued with smallpox
The Mariners are going to be tough this season. It's finally happened. I think they can win the West and if they had playoff experience I'd expect them in the Series.

The thing about the King is every year since his rookie he's gotten better. Think about that. After he was robbed of the Cy last season he's going to be even more pissed off.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Josh Donaldson is fricking awesome.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:The situation with the Cubs and Bryant is ridiculous. Not the first time a team will send a player to minors for X amount of days so his service time is delayed by another year.
The kid is obviously ready to play at the next level.
Are you calling 43 HRs, 110 RBI, 160 Hits and an OPS of 1.098 between AA and AAA last year major league ready?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

MurrayFiend wrote:Josh Donaldson is fricking awesome.
I understand what Beane see's in Lawrie and his potential playing for the A's. I won't ever understand letting a still cost controlled Josh Donaldson go for anyone not named King Felix or Mike Trout.

Billy still has the ability to exploit every unseen angle so I'm not going to rush to judgement. Letting Josh Donaldson go though? Fuuuucccckkk.
Johnk5150 wrote:Are you calling 43HRs, 110RBI, 160 Hits, and an OPS of 1.098 between AA and AAA last year major league ready?
:lol:
PBFSUCKS
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by PBFSUCKS »

killeverything wrote:

Cubs in the WS in 2 years.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

PBFSUCKS wrote:
killeverything wrote:

Cubs in the WS in 2 years.
They've got the pieces/leadership to achieve that. If they don't make it to the Series I expect them to still go far.