Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:
PBFSUCKS wrote:

Cubs in the WS in 2 years.
They've got the pieces/leadership to achieve that. If they don't make it to the Series I expect them to still go far.
We're talking about the fucking Cubs. They'll figure out a way to screw it up Latroy Hawkins style.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote:The situation with the Cubs and Bryant is ridiculous. Not the first time a team will send a player to minors for X amount of days so his service time is delayed by another year.
The kid is obviously ready to play at the next level.
Are you calling 43 HRs, 110 RBI, 160 Hits and an OPS of 1.098 between AA and AAA last year major league ready?
He needs to work on his cliches. He'll be ready by June.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:
killeverything wrote:
PBFSUCKS wrote:

Cubs in the WS in 2 years.
They've got the pieces/leadership to achieve that. If they don't make it to the Series I expect them to still go far.
We're talking about the fucking Cubs. They'll figure out a way to screw it up Latroy Hawkins style.
Where we differ on this and I get the obvious fanbase reaction/expectations, is that the whole damn organization has different pieces now. The President and GM have experienced unbelievable success in a harder market, so has your new ace, the manager competed successfully against the two biggest financial titans in the league and did it with no money while playing in a shithole.

The prospects have no idea the feelings of always losing and are hungry to be the next 2004 or 2005 Sox. The whole culture seems to have changed in that clubhouse. I expect the Cubs to be a very good organization soon and to continue for a while. The upcoming St. Louis/Chicago pennant races are going to be epic.

The last time Chicago was relevant Dusty Baker was at the helm. You might remember Dusty from other failures like losing the 2002 WS to two come from behind losses to a jumping monkey with a roster that featured Bonds, Kemp, Nenn, Mueller, Snow, Reuter, Ortiz, and Aurillia. The Steve Bartman game or the 2013 Reds.

Losing incompetence like that and bringing in a good manager with a smart FO changes things. Pinella is a great manager, but Hendry was running shit like a retard with Play-Doh at the time. I think the Cubs are about to turn the corner.

This year we find out if my Mariners predictions come true too.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Yankees are being ultra conservative with Tanaka so far in 2015. He is the opening day starter but today the team announced he will be limited to
90 pitches on opening day. Here's hoping the elbow is fine and the slight tear is fully healed. Something tells me an injury is on the horizon and has to be in the back of his mind with every start.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Yankees are being ultra conservative with Tanaka so far in 2015. He is the opening day starter but today the team announced he will be limited to
90 pitches on opening day. Here's hoping the elbow is fine and the slight tear is fully healed. Something tells me an injury is on the horizon and has to be in the back of his mind with every start.
It's a good thing they signed him for 7 years because two of them will be spent recovering from TJ surgery.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Rays acquire RHP Erasmo Ramirez from Mariners for LHP Mike Montgomery.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Verlander placed on DL by Tigers. All those heavy innings years have caught up to him. He is a notch above a .500 pitcher since he signed the HUGE contract 2 years ago.
7 yrs, $180M
:roll:
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Red Sox C Christian Vazquez out for the season needing TJ surgery.
Shame, kid was starting to blossom.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Now this is money ball...... :evil:

Dodgers release McGowan, owe former players $43.8M for 2015.

Right-hander Dustin McGowan has been released by the Los Angeles Dodgers, who are now paying $43.8 million for 2015 to cover the costs of five players no longer with the team.
McGowan will receive $124,795 in termination pay because of Wednesday's decision rather than his $507,500 salary, the big league minimum. He would have earned a $1 million bonus for one day of major league service.

Los Angeles owes Brian Wilson $10 million for this year after releasing the reliever in December, and the Dodgers are responsible for pitcher Chad Billinglsley's $3 million option buyout: half was due by this March 1 and the rest by next March 1. Billingsley later signed with Philadelphia.

The Dodgers are paying San Diego $18 million this year as part of December's trade that sent outfielder Matt Kemp and catcher Tim Federowicz to the Padres, and $12,684,250 to Miami this season as part of the December swap that sent pitcher Dan Haren and infielders Dee Gordon and Miguel Rojas to the Marlins.

Los Angeles also is receiving some seven-figure money this season from trades for players it acquired: $1 million from Philadelphia as part of the Jimmy Rollins deal and $3.9 million this year from Boston in the 2012 swap for Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dodgers-re ... html#Aside
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Verlander placed on DL by Tigers. All those heavy innings years have caught up to him. He is a notch above a .500 pitcher since he signed the HUGE contract 2 years ago.
7 yrs, $180M
:roll:
Tanaka, Masashiro.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

MLB statement says Rob Manfred cannot suspend Josh Hamilton because he did not violate drug treatment program.

WOW!
Angels must be very upset with this decision. They will be forced to pay Josh all those tens of millions he is owed.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Machado wrote:MLB statement says Rob Manfred cannot suspend Josh Hamilton because he did not violate drug treatment program.

WOW!
Angels must be very upset with this decision. They will be forced to pay Josh all those tens of millions he is owed.
I'm sure the Angels are in fact dreading that given his recent performance, but they were well aware of the risks (injuries, inconsistency, etc.) when they signed the man.

I think it's the right decision by the arbitrator, from what I understand. He never tested positive for anything, and he himself approached MLB and said, "I fucked up."

It hasn't been an easy road for him. I hope he has found the help he needs. Hell of a player when he's on his game.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

MurrayFiend wrote:
Machado wrote:MLB statement says Rob Manfred cannot suspend Josh Hamilton because he did not violate drug treatment program.

WOW!
I'm sure the Angels are in fact dreading that given his recent performance, but they were well aware of the risks (injuries, inconsistency, etc.) when they signed the man.

I think it's the right decision by the arbitrator, from what I understand. He never tested positive for anything, and he himself approached MLB and said, "I fucked up."

It hasn't been an easy road for him. I hope he has found the help he needs. Hell of a player when he's on his game.
MLB has gone out of there way to help Josh. Here is just another example of the league bending over backwards and he still broke the rules.
Josh needs to worry about his sobriety and not about a 2-0 fastball with the winning run on 1st base.
Any truth to the rumor or is there any possibility that the Angels dropped a dime on Josh this time around?
That's a lot of money owed to a player and it would not be out of the question for a team to do anything/everything to not pay that salary
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

You're pretty incoherent.

Twins SP Ervin 'Yes, My Real Name is Johan' Santana suspended 80 games, tested positive for the anabolic steroid Stanozolol. I'm sure Ervin isn't LOLing about that one.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I don't understand the Angels rationale kinda burning the bridges with a player they still owe like 80 million to.

Marlins pitcher Cosart fined for sports gambling, but was cleared of suspicion of betting on baseball.

Bruce Bochy and Brian Sabean agree on extensions through 2019. Sabean promoted to executive vice president of baseball operations, Bobby Evans named senior vice president and general manager, Jeremy Shelley named vice president and assistant general manager, pro scouting and player evaluation.

Red Sox place RHP Uehara on DL.

Braves acquire Trevor Cahill for cash and minor league OF Josh Elander.

Girardi is considering using both Miller and Betances in closer role.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Royals and Yordano Ventura finalize 5/23m deal, plus 2 year option.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:I don't understand the Angels rationale kinda burning the bridges with a player they still owe like 80 million to.

Marlins pitcher Cosart fined for sports gambling, but was cleared of suspicion of betting on baseball.

Bruce Bochy and Brian Sabean agree on extensions through 2019. Sabean promoted to executive vice president of baseball operations, Bobby Evans named senior vice president and general manager, Jeremy Shelley named vice president and assistant general manager, pro scouting and player evaluation.

Red Sox place RHP Uehara on DL.

Braves acquire Trevor Cahill for cash and minor league OF Josh Elander.

Girardi is considering using both Miller and Betances in closer role.
Kill-What is there to understand with the situation between The Angels and the player?
Angels realize the investment was a poor choice. They will not release the player because you have to pay him. So instead The Angels are going out of their way to leak info detrimental to Josh. When was the last time an organization publicly bitched about one of their players not being suspended?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Showtime aired the Dock Ellis documentary today: No No.
Very good film. Obviously most people know Dock Ellis from his bold claim of throwing
a no hitter while high on LSD. Whether you believe him or not is entirely up to you.

Dock played in the late 60's to late 70's. What stuck out to me was his discussion and
many teammates as well admitted to he use of greenies during their playing days, also known as, Dexamyl (increased motor activity)
Now how is the abuse of greenies any different than what players from this era are accused of taking? These players fully admit without taking the greenies, they would not have been able to play games at a high level.
Dock said he would take over a dozen on gameday. Imagine taking a dozen pills that will help your motor activity. Sounds like a competitive advantage to me.

Fans of today for the most part have no idea what former players ingested in order to play a day game after a night game. Or what they took in order to dry out from drinking the night before a game at 1 pm.
162 games over 180 days. How can the players not have help in order to get ready for the next game or the game after that?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote: Kill-What is there to understand with the situation between The Angels and the player?
Angels realize the investment was a poor choice. They will not release the player because you have to pay him. So instead The Angels are going out of their way to leak info detrimental to Josh. When was the last time an organization publicly bitched about one of their players not being suspended?
I don't get it. Sure they made a fuckup signing him to the contract they did especially considering the amount of games he plays every season has continued to decline, but to piss off an already moody player that has been accused of not really caring about playing to begin with? That's retarded. It's not like his contract is over anytime soon.

Machado wrote:162 games over 180 days. How can the players not have help in order to get ready for the next game or the game after that?
A lot of players took ( legal at the time and not yet banned from baseball ) amphetamines. There are stories of Babe Ruth having pig hormones injected to give him an edge. It didn't work, but PEDs and the use have almost always been there.

I remember reading a story of a reporter ( took place in the 50s or 60s ) having a cup of coffee in the dugout ( which was always available back then ) and it being so strong he says he didn't sleep for two days. I'll have to try to remember the details of that one.

A lot of, but not all players looked for an advantage ( remember this all legal at the time too ). In fact the only players I can say with certainty didn't use any form of substance in any way shape or form was Ted Williams ( adamantly against anything that could potentially inhibit his goal of being the greatest hitter who ever lived ), Rogers Hornsby ( a weightlifter that reacted to things being unhealthy the same as Williams ), possibly Lou Gehrig ( that would deem it disrespectful to his mother and family ), and possibly again Willie Mays ( that never had a need or accusation against ). So not every player did.

One of the greatest 2Bs of all time didn't. The greatest hitter of all time didn't, the greatest 1B of all time didn't, and the greatest player of all time didn't.

Indians extend Corey Kluber for 5 years, plus 2 option years. No word yet if he gets a bonus for being erroneously awarded the Cy Young again.

*edit
Dbacks release Cody Ross ( limited to 2 HRs last season ).
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Showtime aired the Dock Ellis documentary today: No No.
Very good film. Obviously most people know Dock Ellis from his bold claim of throwing
a no hitter while high on LSD. Whether you believe him or not is entirely up to you.

Dock played in the late 60's to late 70's. What stuck out to me was his discussion and
many teammates as well admitted to he use of greenies during their playing days, also known as, Dexamyl (increased motor activity)
Now how is the abuse of greenies any different than what players from this era are accused of taking? These players fully admit without taking the greenies, they would not have been able to play games at a high level.
Dock said he would take over a dozen on gameday. Imagine taking a dozen pills that will help your motor activity. Sounds like a competitive advantage to me.

Fans of today for the most part have no idea what former players ingested in order to play a day game after a night game. Or what they took in order to dry out from drinking the night before a game at 1 pm.
162 games over 180 days. How can the players not have help in order to get ready for the next game or the game after that?
I watched it. Did you believe him on the no-no? I do, that had to be a trip.
In high school I was a lot like him, I'd try and did everything at least once but thankfully I grew out of it by the time I graduated High School and went clean.

Like Kill mentioned, in those early years players took all sorts of stuff they thought helped them and was still legal. There was also the abuse of recreational drugs that damaged careers, most of us remember the likes of Doc and Strawberry.

PED's on the other hand blew up the game, it changed everything from the records down to the players forcing everyone to take PED's just to remain competitive.
Early on I admittedly took PED's and can't put into words the effect it had on my sports ability not to mention the bad side off the field, losing friends and GF's. By taking Roid's for a short term it jump started my strength and game by a year and half. I know people who are still in the lower levels and taking them today. It's not like taking Greenies or amphetamines, PED's is a game changer while all the other drugs might help one person here and there win one game or two. PED's changed everyone and everything.

I've mentioned before, I have a friend drafted by the Rangers and played with Bonds at AZ State. His words......When PED's took over it wasn't enough to have talent and hard work because everyone had talent and we all worked hard. So if taking PED's was the different between sweating it out in the lower levels or having a chance at millions in the majors....Would you do it? The problem was the league, owners and the clubhouse all turned their back and allowed it to happen so their team could remain competitive.

I don't blame the players early on, I blame the league and owners on down. When they finally put the ban in place is when the blame shifts.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:Showtime aired the Dock Ellis documentary today: No No.

I watched it. Did you believe him on the no-no? I do, that had to be a trip.
In high school I was a lot like him, I'd try and did everything at least once but thankfully I grew out of it by the time I graduated High School and went clean.

Like Kill mentioned, in those early years players took all sorts of stuff they thought helped them and was still legal. There was also the abuse of recreational drugs that damaged careers, most of us remember the likes of Doc and Strawberry.

PED's on the other hand blew up the game, it changed everything from the records down to the players forcing everyone to take PED's just to remain competitive.
Early on I admittedly took PED's and can't put into words the effect it had on my sports ability not to mention the bad side off the field, losing friends and GF's. By taking Roid's for a short term it jump started my strength and game by a year and half. I know people who are still in the lower levels and taking them today. It's not like taking Greenies or amphetamines, PED's is a game changer while all the other drugs might help one person here and there win one game or two. PED's changed everyone and everything.

I've mentioned before, I have a friend drafted by the Rangers and played with Bonds at AZ State. His words......When PED's took over it wasn't enough to have talent and hard work because everyone had talent and we all worked hard. So if taking PED's was the different between sweating it out in the lower levels or having a chance at millions in the majors....Would you do it? The problem was the league, owners and the clubhouse all turned their back and allowed it to happen so their team could remain competitive.

I don't blame the players early on, I blame the league and owners on down. When they finally put the ban in place is when the blame shifts.
That's interesting to hear it from more of a first hand knowledge situation. Hank Aaron made the comment that mlb hasn't done enough to defer players from using. If your from poverty and you take this substance you could make hundreds of millions of dollars if you don't get caught....and you might not get caught. If you do get caught after you signed the contract you're still getting paid all or almost all of it. It's union, bitch.

I blame Selig for the majority of this and hope this overshadows that cocksucker when discussing his "legacy."
I guess I really can't either. I was super pissed when I got knowledge of it. Canseco/McGwire and the Battle Of The Bay. :lol: I'm still mad about that one. All the egg I had on my face over Clemens being a juicer. Seeing Willie Mays' godson potentially replace him as the greatest player of all time only to become an asterisk.

The buildup to all of that I guess you can't really blame those guys. That's a lot of money on the table. Funny how every single thing Canseco said ( except for Clemens not cheating on his wife. He was Ted Nugenting 15 year old singer Mindy McCready ) turned out to be true.

I'm mad as hell about the Selig Era, but not fully at the original players.

Mike Trout ( or Bryce Harper I can't recall which one said it, they're both really good and one is a douchebag ) said "ban them for life first offense. I don't care I work very hard to play at this level and have never used." This new generation of players seem to have this mentality....hopefully not just if they have the talent levels of Trout and Harper.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Braves trade Kimbrel. Whoa.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

MurrayFiend wrote:Braves trade Kimbrel. Whoa.
I was just coming here to post that. Holy rebuild Batman. That's not a fanbase that is used to not being competitive for too long.

Braves trade Kimbrel and Upton Jr. to Padres for Cameron Maubin, Carlos Quentin, pitching prospect Matt Wisler, and minor league OF Jordan Paroubeck.

According to Heyman, the Braves accomplished 3 main goals this winter/spring: 1. Rebuilt farm system 2. Freed money 3. Ridded themselves of Melvin Upton Jr.

The West just got a lot more interesting. Speaking of the NL the Opening Day matchup of Wainwright vs. Lester looks to me as THE pitching battle.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:I don't blame the players early on, I blame the league and owners on down. When they finally put the ban in place is when the blame shifts.
I guess I really can't either. I was super pissed when I got knowledge of it. Canseco/McGwire and the Battle Of The Bay. :lol: I'm still mad about that one. All the egg I had on my face over Clemens being a juicer. Seeing Willie Mays' godson potentially replace him as the greatest player of all time only to become an asterisk.

The buildup to all of that I guess you can't really blame those guys. That's a lot of money on the table. Funny how every single thing Canseco said ( except for Clemens not cheating on his wife. He was Ted Nugenting 15 year old singer Mindy McCready ) turned out to be true.

I'm mad as hell about the Selig Era, but not fully at the original players.

Mike Trout ( or Bryce Harper I can't recall which one said it, they're both really good and one is a douchebag ) said "ban them for life first offense. I don't care I work very hard to play at this level and have never used." This new generation of players seem to have this mentality....hopefully not just if they have the talent levels of Trout and Harper.

So many mixed emotions, the bash brothers were awesome, the game as a whole was fantastic yet looking back it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. At times I blame the players but MLB promoted it yet its hard to give players like Rafael Palmeiro a pass.
Always loved this quote.....
"In 1996, Brady Anderson of the Baltimore Orioles hit 50 home runs, twice the number he hit during any other season"

I stopped watching after the 94-95 Strike but what brought me back and changed me was the McGwire vs Sosa HR battle in 98. Hitting sports bars and restaurants, everyone, television and paper was going absolutely nuts.
The season after McGwire vs Sosa is when the whole PED effect started coming alive then Bonds came along and drove it into the ground. I knew Canseco book was built on truth but it was Bonds who solidified the implications of PED's in baseball.

I despise the Selig Era and like you I hope he's recognized for the destruction of an entire time frame in history that tainted the legacy of Baseball.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

HOF SF broadcaster Lon Simmons passed away. He was 91.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

King Felix had his 3rd Opening Day start with 10K to go 6-0 on Opening Day.

I think Seattle can win the West. In fact I believe they are the team to beat.

*edit

Carlos Quentin DFA.

Matt Cain goes for MRI after experiencing forearm tightness. Bochy says he's iffy for Wednesday's start. The Giants season hinges on Cain, Pagan, and Lincecum being healthy and returning to form. It is an even year though :lol:

Boston signs Porcello to a 4 year extension.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Kemp puts up 3 RBI's on Kershaw.......LA 6 SD 3

Kershaw 6.0IP 6H 2W 9SO

I predict Kemp to have a great year and hated seeing him leave. Even with his ridiculous contract he was the one OF I would have kept.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Matt Cain's MRI came back fine on his forearm. It seems like soreness ( which the trainers expected with his gained range of motion after having bone chips removed ) that will only limit him for about two weeks. No big deal according to Bochy. SF won 5-4.

Jake Peavy ( sore back, old ) will miss his start to rest.

Masashiro Tanaka went 4IP after giving up 5ER. Girardi seems unconcerned with his performance.

Sonny Gray took a no hitter into the 8th against Texas.

David Price retired the first 13 batters faced in his Opening Day start.

Dallas Keuchel outduels Cy Young "winner" Corey Kluber.

Speaking of pitchers I think are kinda overrated, Max Scherzer lost to Bartolo Colon too.

Hanley Ramirez hit 2 HRs for Boston, while the 5/90 Panda went 0 for 5.

The Royals knocked out Smardjizawhatever 10-1

Sale set to return Sunday.

Reds beat Pirates 5-2 on 8th inning HR by Todd Frazier.

Harper hit his 3rd Opening Day HR in 4 seasons.

Helluva Opening Day.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

killeverything wrote:Boston signs Porcello to a 4 year extension.
82.5mil.
Yesterday on the CSN ticker it said that Porcello had told the team that he would not negotiate an extension during the season.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote:
killeverything wrote:Boston signs Porcello to a 4 year extension.
82.5mil.
Yesterday on the CSN ticker it said that Porcello had told the team that he would not negotiate an extension during the season.
The AL East is pretty weak so Boston has a chance at the postseason. The problem is if they make it their pitching staff lacks an ace. Pitching wins. Period.

Adrian Gonzalez has hit 5HRs in the first 3 games ( a mlb first ).

Middle aged power hitter Albert Pujols moves into #17 on the HR list with #521.

Sonny Gray took a no hitter into the 8th on Opening Day, Scott Kazmir struck out 10 Rangers the next day.