Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Adrian Gonzalez has hit 5HRs in the first 3 games ( a mlb first ).
Was just coming here to post that....

"Hitting .769. He became the first player in MLB history to hit five home runs in the first three games of the season when he launched three of them Wednesday night while going 4-for-4 with four RBIs and powering the Dodgers to a 7-4 win over his former club, the San Diego Padres"

Add, 7RBI's...........He's on pace for like 378RBI's and 270HR....Yeah baby, MVP! If he wasn't as ass I'd dig him, If he was a Yankee they'd make a statue and hold a parade.

LA - The middle relief is fucking horrible and I don't think they'll win the division because of it unless they spend money around the deal line. They invested a ton in Kemp then dump him as he starts a comeback to bring up Joc Peterson. I'm not in favor of the move.
I expect LA to be back a few games come the break.

Boston - Has anyone watched any Boston games? It's still early but how is Hanley Ramirez doing in Left? If he settles in with the Wall and plays at least average it's going to turn out to be a brilliant move.
I get the feeling Hanley is to be the DH successor for David Ortiz in a couple of years if they can hide him that long.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

UtahRatt wrote:Boston - Has anyone watched any Boston games? It's still early but how is Hanley Ramirez doing in Left? If he settles in with the Wall and plays at least average it's going to turn out to be a brilliant move.
I get the feeling Hanley is to be the DH successor for David Ortiz in a couple of years if they can hide him that long.
He made one fuck up so far but they aren't home til next week.
I think they're planning on Panda taking over as DH probably within the next year or two.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Boston - Has anyone watched any Boston games? It's still early but how is Hanley Ramirez doing in Left? If he settles in with the Wall and plays at least average it's going to turn out to be a brilliant move.
I think they're planning on Panda taking over as DH probably within the next year or two.
I think Boston signing Panda was ridiculous. He has very, very thin skin for being so fat. Doesn't hit .300, never hit 20 HRs in a season, is a fastball hitter in a breaking ball league. I think that fanbase/media is going to rip him apart.

He had two good postseasons so he was loved in the bay area, but SF dodged a bullet with that one. Unless Belt lives up to his expectations SF is missing thump in the middle of the order.

I'd expect the Giants to win again before Boston with rotation aces Buchholz and Porcello.

I could see Hanley's bat tearing up Fenway, but Hanley is a lot like Agonz and known as a clubhouse cancer. Adding him with Sandoval ( also not the most loved teammate ) could be a recipe for disaster.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

killeverything wrote:
Facedown wrote:
I think Boston signing Panda was ridiculous. He has very, very thin skin for being so fat. Doesn't hit .300, never hit 20 HRs in a season, is a fastball hitter in a breaking ball league. I think that fanbase/media is going to rip him apart.

He had two good postseasons so he was loved in the bay area, but SF dodged a bullet with that one. Unless Belt lives up to his expectations SF is missing thump in the middle of the order.

I'd expect the Giants to win again before Boston with rotation aces Buchholz and Porcello.

I could see Hanley's bat tearing up Fenway, but Hanley is a lot like Agonz and known as a clubhouse cancer. Adding him with Sandoval ( also not the most loved teammate ) could be a recipe for disaster.
In a few years the Giants are going to look at Panda and the Red Sox like the Rangers look at Hamilton and the Angels now. With a sense of great relief.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Yup. I was really hopin' Sabean wouldn't resign him, even though he tried. Keeping a core w/great management and dominate pitching has been amazing for the perennial underdog Giants.

I'm almost waiting for that to become the new Moneyball. It seems to work from the fan perspective. A team that won and you want those guys together forever. Sometimes it actually does work though. I really wonder if that could become the norm.

LAD guys ( Gonzalez I believe ) was talking about how it feels like more of a team now. Douchebags aside, riddin' yo dugout of chumps seems like a good idea.

This season is fascinating to me for that instance. I have my picks for this year and confidence, camaraderie, and having King Felix dominates them.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:LAD guys ( Gonzalez I believe ) was talking about how it feels like more of a team now. Douchebags aside, riddin' yo dugout of chumps seems like a good idea.
Adrian Gonzalez leads all of baseball in Average .769, Runs 7, HR 5 and RBI's 7

MVP! HOF!

---------------------------------------

What made me sick, pulling up MLB.com and on the front page is vote for the greatest players still living who ever played and there he is. Barry Bonds.

Fucking Barry Bonds next to people like Hank Aaron, Sandy Koufax, Willie Mays and Johnny Bench...Among two others, Pedro Martinez and Rickey Henderson

Another story,
My friend who played with Bonds from time to time would tell me story's and one just rushed through my skull.
When Barry and my friend would do charity and AZ reunion events Barry always took up two full seats closest to the tunnel or the end bench so no one would sit next to him. One day a new kid invited sat his glove next to Barry and Barry tossed the glove to the other end of the dug out saying.......These seats are taken, go it?

He talks too or sees Barry a few times a year and say's he's never been nothing but respectful to him and his family but he has endless accounts of Barry going off on younger players, staff workers, fans and a good one about a concession stand kid. I honestly can't stand to see Bonds name in print anymore. And to think I hated him long before steroids came out.

I wished he'd disappear from the game forever. I have a lot more respect for Pete Rose. At least he was cool as fuck when I seen him.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:LAD guys ( Gonzalez I believe ) was talking about how it feels like more of a team now. Douchebags aside, riddin' yo dugout of chumps seems like a good idea.
Adrian Gonzalez leads all of baseball in Average .769, Runs 7, HR 5 and RBI's 7

MVP! HOF!

---------------------------------------

What made me sick, pulling up MLB.com and on the front page is vote for the greatest players still living who ever played and there he is. Barry Bonds.

Fucking Barry Bonds next to people like Hank Aaron, Sandy Koufax, Willie Mays and Johnny Bench...Among two others, Pedro Martinez and Rickey Henderson

Another story,
My friend who played with Bonds from time to time would tell me story's and one just rushed through my skull.
When Barry and my friend would do charity and AZ reunion events Barry always took up two full seats closest to the tunnel or the end bench so no one would sit next to him. One day a new kid invited sat his glove next to Barry and Barry tossed the glove to the other end of the dug out saying.......These seats are taken, go it?

He talks too or sees Barry a few times a year and say's he's never been nothing but respectful to him and his family but he has endless accounts of Barry going off on younger players, staff workers, fans and a good one about a concession stand kid. I honestly can't stand to see Bonds name in print anymore. And to think I hated him long before steroids came out.

I wished he'd disappear from the game forever. I have a lot more respect for Pete Rose. At least he was cool as fuck when I seen him.
The guy has always been an asshole, but without roids he's arguably the greatest player of all time. I hate him too though. Barry made me turn against SF. That blew my family's mind, I ended up rooting against my hometown team when he played for them. Dusty Baker made being against them easier too. I fucking hate that guy almost as much as Barry.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Without Roids I don't think Barry is more than average and ends up no where near a record book. The Killer B alright.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:Without Roids I don't think Barry is more than average and ends up no where near a record book. The Killer B alright.
I disagree. He was hitting 50 HRs with 50 stolen bases with the Pirates as a skinny guy. It's debatable if he could have continued that kind of production later in his career, but he was far above average.

Derek Holland to miss 2 months with shoulder strain.

Pedro Martinez thinks Tanaka is probably at 65%.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Without Roids I don't think Barry is more than average and ends up no where near a record book. The Killer B alright.
I disagree. He was hitting 50 HRs with 50 stolen bases with the Pirates as a skinny guy. It's debatable if he could have continued that kind of production later in his career, but he was far above average.

Barry was still ripped in those days, just not big.
I'd bet anything Barry was on Roids as a Killer Bee, Lance Armstrong wasn't the Hulk either. I slowly grew in mass but quickly gained strenght and didn't blow up till I wanted it to.
Most of our conversations about Barry was long before any public, media attention or congressional hearings.....Steroids wasn't in the paper but as years went on the story's slowly came out, by that time my friend was ending his career after Tommy John and a failed attempt to move from pitcher to catching then he left before Roids finally came to the forefront. If he took them in college and early in the pro's it would figure Barry did as well.
After the Bee's I believed Barry buffed up when everyone else did, he started off slow then massively pumped up.
That's how it made me feel, I put on a little weight, got strong then I wanted to keep going and get huge.

This part is a little opinion based on a source, again Barry could have been clean I just don't believe it at all. I do know in those days it was all over college campuses and the minors in several sports. I was in High School when I was approached and eventually met the guy who introduced me into the world. I was just leaving High School and he just graduated college in Health and Development before going onto Mr Utah.
If Roids was reaching my High School around 85-87 and was in the low levels of sports it easily had to be all the fuck over pro sports in the early 80's dipping into the 70's.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:

Barry was still ripped in those days, just not big.
I'd bet anything Barry was on Roids as a Killer Bee, Lance Armstrong wasn't the Hulk either. I slowly grew in mass but quickly gained strenght and didn't blow up till I wanted it to.
Most of our conversations about Barry was long before any public, media attention or congressional hearings.....Steroids wasn't in the paper but as years went on the story's slowly came out, by that time my friend was ending his career after Tommy John and a failed attempt to move from pitcher to catching then he left before Roids finally came to the forefront. If he took them in college and early in the pro's it would figure Barry did as well.
After the Bee's I believed Barry buffed up when everyone else did, he started off slow then massively pumped up.
That's how it made me feel, I put on a little weight, got strong then I wanted to keep going and get huge.

This part is a little opinion based on a source, again Barry could have been clean I just don't believe it at all. I do know in those days it was all over college campuses and the minors in several sports. I was in High School when I was approached and eventually met the guy who introduced me into the world. I was just leaving High School and he just graduated college in Health and Development before going onto Mr Utah.
If Roids was reaching my High School around 85-87 and was in the low levels of sports it easily had to be all the fuck over pro sports in the early 80's dipping into the 70's.

Good point. Barry's steroid allegations surfaced when he became massive practically overnight. He could have always been on them though.

Speaking of steroids and douchebags, "true Yankee" Arod won't have his HRs considered "milestones" by the MFY. Brian "if he opts out we won't negotiate" Cashman is prepared to go to arbitration. Since it will bring up his PED history it's the last thing he wants. Womp womp.

Oh and get this Arod got standing O in his first return to Yankee Stadium. Of course he did. :?

*edit

Mets closer RHP Jenrry Mejia suspended 80 games for testing positive for PEDs.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Speaking of steroids and douchebags,

Arod got standing O in his first return to Yankee Stadium. Of course he did.
Fucking figures, that's Yankee fans for ya. That's like the Marlins giving a standing ovation for George Zimmerman and letting him sing the anthem.
Yankee fans have no shame.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Indians catcher Yan Gomes out 6-8 weeks with MCL sprain.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Does anybody know why Kruk has a massive brace on his right arm? Watching the
Sox vs Yankees game tonight on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball and there was a shot
of Kruk inside the booth and he has a brace on his arm. Looked like a digital clock
was also on the brace.
Did he suffer an injury recently?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Does anybody know why Kruk has a massive brace on his right arm? Watching the
Sox vs Yankees game tonight on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball and there was a shot
of Kruk inside the booth and he has a brace on his arm. Looked like a digital clock
was also on the brace.
Did he suffer an injury recently?
No idea. Kruk cracks me up so whatever happened I'm sure is funny and I want to hear it.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Dodgers: Mentioned before the season Kershaw 0-1 5.84ERA could possibly have a human year and he's off to a human start. I have a bad feeling about this team finishing closer to the basement then the top of the division. Go Rockies!

The Padres. Kemp wins comeback player.

Cub's score 3 in the 9th to comeback win over the Rockies. The Cub's are for real!

NY puts up two touchdowns "14" vs Boston, Tanaka 7.00ERA gives up 3 in 5ip - How Boston kept Buchholz in after giving up 9ER in 3.1 seems like torture.

KC and Detroit last undefeated at 6-0

Yankees in last place!

Albert Pujols belts No. 522 for 18th place on Sunday to move past Ted Williams, Willie McCovey and Frank Thomas.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Mariners RHP Tom Wilhelmsen placed on retroactive DL with elbow strain. Recall Dominic Leone from AAA.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

:roll: :roll:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spor ... literally/
The Orioles fan who turned his back on Alex Rodriguez — literally

Rowe used to attend games at Memorial Stadium, and he’s owned a small season-ticket package since Camden Yards opened in 1992. The Orioles have fielded teams with convicted PED users, including Nelson Cruz, whom the Orioles signed after he served a 50-game suspension as part of the same Biogenesis scandal that ensnared Rodriguez. Rowe never turned his back on them, and he said he would not have protested any drug cheat aside from Rodriguez. “Oh, no,” he admitted. “Just him.”
So, why just him?

“Because he’s the worst,” Rowe said. “He’s the epitome of all that was wrong about it. And he’s been so successful. Maybe it’s jealousy, maybe it isn’t. But I just don’t think that he deserves to be in the class with other players that have never had … and I mean, he lied about it. I’m sorry. He doesn’t deserve my respect.”
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote::roll: :roll:

Rowe used to attend games at Memorial Stadium, and he’s owned a small season-ticket package since Camden Yards opened in 1992. The Orioles have fielded teams with convicted PED users, including Nelson Cruz, whom the Orioles signed after he served a 50-game suspension as part of the same Biogenesis scandal that ensnared Rodriguez. Rowe never turned his back on them, and he said he would not have protested any drug cheat aside from Rodriguez. “Oh, no,” he admitted. “Just him.”
So, why just him?

“Because he’s the worst,” Rowe said. “He’s the epitome of all that was wrong about it. And he’s been so successful. Maybe it’s jealousy, maybe it isn’t. But I just don’t think that he deserves to be in the class with other players that have never had … and I mean, he lied about it. I’m sorry. He doesn’t deserve my respect.”
I"m in on way a doucherod supporter, but Barry Balco, Clemens, Manny and Pettite were as bad, if not worse.

Oh and there's this asshole.

MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

So, why just him?

Guy's a fucking attention whore.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

David Wright on 15 day DL.

Annnndddddd they're back!

How anyone couldn't like Beltre is beyond me.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:David Wright on 15 day DL.
Is this the same David Wright that was destined to be the King of NYC?

The same David Wright that was compared to Derek Jeter?

My vision might not be the very best, but what exactly were the comparisons that I obviously did not see?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:David Wright on 15 day DL.
Is this the same David Wright that was destined to be the King of NYC?

The same David Wright that was compared to Derek Jeter?

My vision might not be the very best, but what exactly were the comparisons that I obviously did not see?
Well he doesn't play for the Yankees but is a better fielder, better hitter, and all around better player than Captain Ove2ated.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Diamondbacks recall Cuban prospect Yasmany Tomas from AAA.
Redman77
Beer & Titty King

Post by Redman77 »

MurrayFiend wrote:

So, why just him?

Guy's a fucking attention whore.
Fucker would have gotten a beer can upside the head if he was pulling this shit in front of me. Leave the seats, don't block my view.
saracapri wrote: It's true. I'm wild for buttsex.
Mazerati
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Mazerati »

Welp it's finally official..Bryant was called up!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

LAAAA is reportedly trying to trade Hamilton, even if it includes a buyout ( which for $83m it's gonna have to really ). A lot of teams don't want that bible-thumping hypocrite on their DL. I'm curious how this one will pan out.

Gincarlo Stanton says of the struggling Marlins "the fire is not there."

Jake Peavy ( 9 + ERA, back strain, old ) on 15 day DL. C Andrew Susac called up from AAA Sacramento.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

Matt Harvey. God bless that man. So exciting to watch!
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Nats reinstate OF Denard Span from DL option Taylor back to AAA.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Over the weekend the Royals proved they do not know how to win and they also
proved they are pussies for behaving like they did.
Friday night Lowrie slid hard into 2nd base to break up a DP and the Royals SS was injured as a result. Should be end of story. Nothing malicious about sliding into 2nd base hard.
Guess the Royals do not know how to play the game so they literally went after Lowrie will intention to injure him as well.
Saturday one beanball to the elbow from a pitcher named Ventura. Who was caught on film grinning in the direction of the Athletics are the hit batter. No class. Bush league behavior.
Sunday Herrera faces Lowrie in the 8th, down by 1 run. Literally the best reliever on the team with an IQ of about zero. He throws the first pitch well inside for a ball. Pitch number 2 is thrown behind Lowrie. AUTO EJECTION.
But instead of leaving the field with some class, Herrera decided to point towards his head while shouting at Lawrie.Not once but twice. Two times before leaving the field.
Sorry. No need for that in the game today. No reason to drill a player intentionally in the head for any reason on the field. I hope MLB suspends the moron 50 games as a result.

FU K.C.
Learn how to play the game.