Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
Lardbucket wrote:The Angels are eating all but about 7 million of the 83 million bucks Hamilton is owed.
They really wanted him gone. This is very low-risk for Texas.
How does Artie Moreno keep his job? His mistake with Hamilton is probably the worst acquisition in the history of the game. Was well known that Hamilton was a huge risk because of drugs and the team still gave him tens of millions of dollars. And some of you think Cashman is a bad GM? :lol:
Moreno will probably take a lot of flak in the court of public opinion over this. So I think this might not look too favorable for LAA.

And Cashman is a horrible GM. What has he done? He hasn't built a Champion, someone else did that, NYY's farm consistently ranks near the bottom of mlb, NYY's new stadium consistently loses money which means we have to endure retirement tours, the ONE superstar....ONE he drafted bolted when he hit free agency, over a billion dollars spent with the biggest collapse in baseball history and only one ring, Arod's asterisks, kind of funny how they also ruled the Mitchell Report.

So no, Machado. Brian Cashman is a horrible GM. Take away his revenue to play with and he's even with Amarro. The fucking Cubs are in a better position for the future than NY. The Cubs.
Shine
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Shine »

Machado wrote:
Lardbucket wrote:The Angels are eating all but about 7 million of the 83 million bucks Hamilton is owed.
How does Artie Moreno keep his job? His mistake with Hamilton is probably the worst acquisition in the history of the game. Was well known that Hamilton was a huge risk because of drugs and the team still gave him tens of millions of dollars. And some of you think Cashman is a bad GM? :lol:
Old Artie owns the team.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

Machado wrote:
Lol! Morenos the owner Einstein. This is no different than the A Roid signing for the Yankees, or the Ryan Howard signing for the Phillies, or the Prince Fielder for the Rangers, all were pretty bad.
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

lemmysmole wrote:
Machado wrote:
Lol! Morenos the owner Einstein. This is no different than the A Roid signing for the Yankees, or the Ryan Howard signing for the Phillies, or the Prince Fielder for the Rangers, all were pretty bad.
All are very bad but I think Hamilton is by far the worse signing. Substance abuse. A well known fact and the team still gave him all this money to play baseball. Ridiculous!
Hamilton relapsed. C'mon, even Stevie Wonder saw that coming.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

Machado wrote: All are very bad but I think Hamilton is by far the worse signing. Substance abuse. A well known fact and the team still gave him all this money to play baseball. Ridiculous!
Hamilton relapsed. C'mon, even Stevie Wonder saw that coming.
Hamilton was also coming off 2 VG seasons(1 MVP), on paper, Moreno did nothing different than any other owner did/would do in his situation, he was trying to build a championship team. I still say the Pujols deal(& others I mentioned) was the worst for the Angels & trumps this deal easily.
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Hamilton was a bad signing because he can't stay healthy, and seemingly doesn't really have his heart in it. I do believe Pujols was a worse signing though.

Homer Bailey placed on 15 day DL.

Brandon McCarthy out for season with torn UCL.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

killeverything wrote:Hamilton was a bad signing because he can't stay healthy, and seemingly doesn't really have his heart in it. I do believe Pujols was a worse signing though.

Hamilton was a bad signing because the Rangers had an immense support system in place for him, to keep him on the straight and narrow. The need for that support system was amplified after that incident with the kid and his father, which Hamilton was indirectly involved in, but could understandably be a trigger for a person with substance/mental issues.

Both Hamilton and the Angels should have known, short of bringing over the entire support system, that it was not going to work outside of the protective bubble.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WOLF wrote:
killeverything wrote:Hamilton was a bad signing because he can't stay healthy, and seemingly doesn't really have his heart in it. I do believe Pujols was a worse signing though.

Hamilton was a bad signing because the Rangers had an immense support system in place for him, to keep him on the straight and narrow. The need for that support system was amplified after that incident with the kid and his father, which Hamilton was indirectly involved in, but could understandably be a trigger for a person with substance/mental issues.

Both Hamilton and the Angels should have known, short of bringing over the entire support system, that it was not going to work outside of the protective bubble.
Unfortunately Hamilton has his priorities out of order. What he should be doing is worrying about getting healthy. He should not be worrying about how many Home Runs he is going to hit and if his average will be over .300. Health should be his number once concern. If Hamilton was serious about getting healthy he would walk away from the game & never look back.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Pujols will prove to be a far worse, though somewhat more understandable, signing than Hamilton. When the Angels signed Pujols I expected a few years of really good Pujols, followed by 3-4 years of good Pujols, followed by a sharp decline. All we've gotten so far is the sharp decline. Once again this year we had the spring training fluff pieces about how good he feels and how in shape he is, and now he's having his worst April ever. Six more years on the contract after this year.

Arte paid the money to get Hamilton off the team, so at least that aspect of the contract is done. No more dealing with Hamilton making excuses for his poor performance. No more drama on the field and in the clubhouse. Moreno thought it was worth it.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Wainwright tore his achilles leaving the batter's box and Scherzer injured
his thumb swinging the bat. Is it time for the NL to adopt the DH rule to protect their pitchers from suffering more injuries while batting?
I say yes. About time to change the rule in the NL and protect the pitchers. There are already susceptible to arm injuries and UCL injuries, why add to that when the overwhelming majority of them are piss poor hitters?

"If you look at it from the macro side, who'd people rather see hit -- Big Papi or me?" Scherzer said. "Who would people rather see, a real hitter hitting home runs or a pitcher swinging a wet newspaper? Both leagues need to be on the same set of rules."
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Wainwright tore his achilles leaving the batter's box and Scherzer injured
his thumb swinging the bat. Is it time for the NL to adopt the DH rule to protect their pitchers from suffering more injuries while batting?
I say yes. About time to change the rule in the NL and protect the pitchers. There are already susceptible to arm injuries and UCL injuries, why add to that when the overwhelming majority of them are piss poor hitters?

"If you look at it from the macro side, who'd people rather see hit -- Big Papi or me?" Scherzer said. "Who would people rather see, a real hitter hitting home runs or a pitcher swinging a wet newspaper? Both leagues need to be on the same set of rules."
Fuck Max Scherzer and fuck the DH. Some pitchers actually hit pretty well.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Orioles / White Sox to be played tomorrow in front of an empty stadium.

Ain't that fuckin' weird?!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Crazy Levi wrote:Orioles / White Sox to be played tomorrow in front of an empty stadium.

The commish says it was decided so the city's resources could be better used elsewhere.

I think it's odd, but I understand it.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Crazy Levi wrote:Orioles / White Sox to be played tomorrow in front of an empty stadium.

They could just go up to Philadelphia if they wanted that.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:

They could just go up to Philadelphia if they wanted that.
Send both teams to Miami. That stadium has not had a decent game of baseball in 2015.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Not really. Happens in Tampa 81 times a year.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Machado wrote:Wainwright tore his achilles leaving the batter's box and Scherzer injured

While I get his point, I disagree. I've always enjoyed the NL game more due to the lack of the DH. The "chess game" between managers is part of the beauty of the game that is lost in the AL. The double switch, the tough call on if you should pinch hit for your pitcher on the bottom of the sixth in a 0-0 game, etc.

I swear, not only did I love my Expos in the 80s and 90s, I loved watching guys like Felipe Alou and Buck Rodgers manage.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WOLF wrote:

While I get his point, I disagree. I've always enjoyed the NL game more due to the lack of the DH. The "chess game" between managers is part of the beauty of the game that is lost in the AL. The double switch, the tough call on if you should pinch hit for your pitcher on the bottom of the sixth in a 0-0 game, etc.

I swear, not only did I love my Expos in the 80s and 90s, I loved watching guys like Felipe Alou and Buck Rodgers manage.
Madison Baumgarner has a problem with the comments made by
Scherzer
"He knew the rules. Whatever much he signed for -- what did he get, again? -- he didn't have a problem signing his name," said Bumgarner, referring to Scherzer's $210 million, seven-year free-agent deal he signed with the Nationals in the offseason. "He didn't have a problem with hitting then. I'm sure he had his pick of anywhere he wanted to go."
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Jose Reyes to DL with cracked left rib.

Kirk Gibson diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.

I've been hearing Josh Hamilton referred to as a coddled hillbilly lately. That's pretty funny.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Jed Lowrie out until at least All Star break with torn thumb ligament.

Carl Crawford to DL with torn oblique.

Masahiro Tanaka to DL with forearm strain and tendonotis in wrist.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Masahiro Tanaka to DL with forearm strain and tendonotis in wrist.
A lot of speculation about this injury. Could be the 1st step towards TJ surgery. Forearm strain has led to TJ quite often. Odd to think he has tendinitis of the wrist. Not quite sure the team is being very forthcoming about Tanaka's health right now.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

That dude's a timebomb. They need to just get him in for surgery. He's an incredible talent and I want to see him pitch again soon.

Cubs cleared of tampering in Maddon case.
Mazerati
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Mazerati »

White Sox are totally use to that
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Madison Bumgarner to Alex Guerrero "You're not that fucking good, man." This is awesome.

He did something to piss Madbum off :lol: LA is filled with douchebags so I'm not surprised and I see this making their rivalry more fun.

http://deadspin.com/madison-bumgarner-t ... 1700947591
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Madison Bumgarner to Alex Guerrero "You're not that fucking good, man." This is awesome.

He did something to piss Madbum off :lol: LA is filled with douchebags so I'm not surprised and I see this making their rivalry more fun.

http://deadspin.com/madison-bumgarner-t ... 1700947591
Thanks for posting. Had not heard of this incident until now. Very cool to see a pitcher barking at a hitter. Guerrero was out of line.
But if this were the 80's, both benches would have cleared and a good old baseball brawl would have commenced.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

Ichiro hits a 3 run dong! That happened!

ICHIROOOOOOOOO!!!!

Mad respect for the man. Glad he chose my team.
Fuck sigs.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:Ichiro hits a 3 run dong! That happened!

ICHIROOOOOOOOO!!!!

I hope he reaches 3k in America.

Albert Pujols left game against Oakland with apparent hamstring injury running to first. If Hamilton can heat up he can pick up some slack if Albert hits the DL. Wait.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

ICHIROOOOOOOOO!!!!

I still miss Dee Gordon, find myself looking up his stats.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Speaking of hits, Andrew McCutcheon got his 1,000th today.

TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

UtahRatt wrote:

ICHIROOOOOOOOO!!!!

I still miss Dee Gordon, find myself looking up his stats.
That dude is the TRUTH! Fucking love him! And he and Hech are the best 2B/SS combo for the Marlins since Castillo/Gonzalez.
Fuck sigs.