Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by johnk5150 »

All-Star game draws record low rating.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:I didn't watch the All Star Game. I just read some tidbits about, watched some replays. There were a lot of touching tributes to Ortiz, it was kind of his day. Seeing it in the way I did helps me avoid having to listen to Joe Buck.
Fuck the all star game. The knuckleheads still can't get it right. How does the day belong to Ortiz, but he gets
pulled early in the game for a pinch runner? Is this little league?
Everybody has to play
No player left behind
Every single player on the expanded roster gets his uniform dirty
BLAH BLAH BLAH
Except for any Mets players. Terry Collins made sure their uniforms stayed clean.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:All-Star game draws record low rating.
The All Star game is nothing more than a Homecoming dance for players.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Trouble in the land of the MFY.

Cashman wants to sell to build for the future ( brain side of the org ). Steinbrenners Jr. and Levine want to keep the roster and see if they can contend ( trustafarian/business side ). Cashman was quoted as "there are only two people in the tri-state area that think the Yankees are in contention."

This reminds me of the Epstein/Lucchino battles in beantown. There is practically no way the MFY are a viable WS threat this year. They have pieces to move to a contender. Pieces that could set them up pretty good. Philly's sale has worked out. They are saddled with STUPID contracts to aging players. I'm curious what a Yankee rebuild would look like...of course I hope it fails miserably :lol: .

The Steinbrenners have had this stupid PR mentality of "compete every year!!!" but until Georgie Peorgie was suspended for a year and Gene Micheal farmed that dynasty ( Jeter, Williams, Rivera ). It hasn't worked.

I want to see what Cashman is capable of. A lot of his FA signings look stupid so far ( Ellsbury was the offseason prize? Really? Cracka, please ). Was that his doing? Let them rebuild. They are far behind the curve in that regard and will make LAD look like Oakland in the payroll dept. if they don't get with it and want to stay competitive for real.

*ETA

Apparently Boston and their lack of a rotation behind Price is fucking with them, they're going all in this year.

Boston acquires Drew Pomeraz from SD for two better rated prospects ( Espinoza and ???? ).

I thought TX was after him and there is no way the MFY rebuild now :lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Astros sign Cuban INF Yueliezki Gurriel 5/75m. Plan is to play him at third when he is ready ( 3 week estimate ).
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Mlb package free on dirrctv for a week starting tonight.

Cubs

$tevil
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

killeverything wrote:
Boston acquires Drew Pomeraz from SD for two better rated prospects ( Espinoza and ???? ).
Maybe I missed it but there hasn't been any mention around here of a second prospect that I know of.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Cubs.

Darvish velocity was good.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Maybe I missed it but there hasn't been any mention around here of a second prospect that I know of.
Nope. Or I haven't heard it yet.

Ummm. My aunt ( coolest aunt ever. She took me to my first concert DRI when I was 12. I went with her and Poison Idea. Yes. Poison Idea ). Anyways after I moved my mom back to CA ( she's actually from Hollywood ) to take care of my grandfather ( her dad ). She hangs with her sister a lot.

Her sister ( aunt mentioned above ) lives in Berkeley and became a big A's/Raiders fan. She took my mom to the A's game today. She just sent me a pic of my mom not only wearing an A's hat, but also wearing an A's shirt.

Not cool. Not cool at all. I'm still pissed about the '89 series. Not cool.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
during that '89 series, I think the A's manager abused PED's just as much as Canseco and Big Mac.
the Giants never had a chance that year. they were opposing a freak of nature wearing yellow and green.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
during that '89 series, I think the A's manager abused PED's just as much as Canseco and Big Mac.
the Giants never had a chance that year. they were opposing a freak of nature wearing yellow and green.
Nobody had a chance against Dave Stewart ( Roger Clemen's daddy ). I knew SF would lose. I didn't think they would be swept though.

Goddamnit.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Nobody had a chance against Dave Stewart ( Roger Clemen's daddy ). I knew SF would lose. I didn't think they would be swept though.

Goddamnit.
88 Rocked!

89, my GF just crossed the bay bridge and arrived at the airport headed home when the quake hit....I'll always remember both those two. Except the 89 series was more about the quake, SF being steamrolled didn't help much either. The quake affected her so much she came back a different person, it totally changed her personality which eventually lead to our breakup. I blame PED'S in baseball for the demise of our relationship.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Hamels owns the Cubs.

Chapman chatter heating up here in Chicago.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Facedown wrote:
killeverything wrote:

No shocker with NYBoston but find it funny the CUBS are still fighting for more ringers. MONEY BALL! Welcome to the Salary club. I guess Arrieta back to being human after his one calendar year on fire has them scared for some reason. Still a top pitcher on a top staff on a top RBI producing team.

#1 - LAD ------ $258,731,190......LAD's 25 man roster salary $128,026,426...Womp womp womp!
#2 - New York Yankees - $234,908,513....25 man roster $220,326,999 Has NY reached .500 yet?
#3 - Boston Red Sox - $212,612,139
#4 -Detroit Tigers - $202,870,667
#5 - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California! $178,071,663
#6 - San Francisco Giants - $177,927,101
#7 - Chicago Cubs - $173,582,168

NL WEST - I wish LAD would have made a move on Cueto, holding out for Greinke fucked um, I think he's the difference maker between SF and LAD swapping places. How LAD's staff has been able to hang near the top is shocking, they're coming up on a full on 2nd half collapse.

Glad they didn't break the bank for David Price, he's getting SO's.....What's his deal? location, location, location? Kerplunk, as he lost to Maraschino Tanaka yesterday.

----------------------------------

OH NOOOOOZZZZZ! What will Yankee fans DEWWWWWWWWWW!

* "You have to go back all the way to 1989 to find a season where you could make an argument that the Yankees were sellers in front of the trade deadline. Given their enormous salaries, competitiveness and refusal to accept anything other than a World Series championship, it just doesn't seem like the Yankees to sell. From their perspective, selling is like waving a white flag and that's just not Yankees-like." * :lol:

-----------------------------------

Shut the fuck down by Texas! DA CUBS.........

Bryant 3SO's, 93 on the season....Still an improvement for a still developing already stud, at least he probably wont win the whiff crown this year. 2015 Strike Out King ROY. I think his fielding could improve a bit?

Still standing by the 2016 WS Champ's tho.

--------------------------------

Machado, would you trade Chapman or keep him with Miller and build a team around the Pen in the off season? Still only 5ish games out of the Wyld Card they could make some minor moves by the deadline to keep in the hunt......Not that I think they can do anything this year regardless.

----------------------------

Sounds like the Rockies have Carlos Gonzalez on the block? I'd love to see Colorado hold onto a team for once, they're a few players away from being a decent to a scary young bunch.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

UtahRatt wrote: Shut the fuck down by Texas! DA CUBS.........
You must have missed Friday and Saturday's games.
UtahRatt wrote:Bryant 3SO's, 93 on the season....Still an improvement for a still developing already stud, at least he probably wont win the whiff crown this year. 2015 Strike Out King ROY. I think his fielding could improve a bit?
:lol:
UtahRatt wrote:Still standing by the 2016 WS Champ's tho.
Not unless they improve their bullpen.
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Twins FINALLY fire GM Terry Ryan today. My god this should have happened years ago.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Former Cardinals scouting director Chris Correa sentenced to 46 months for hacking Houston's system.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Former Cardinals scouting director Chris Correa sentenced to 46 months for hacking Houston's system.

"Houston, we've had a problem here."

46 months.......Did he rape someone in the process? If he was with the Yankee's he get a slap on the wrist. They'd just buy the info.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

wickedsensation wrote:
Oh I forgot, came out of the gate at a record Pace® Picante sauce, LOOK AT US The hottest team on the planet still with one if not the best starting rotations, a top scoring offense with by far the largest point differential while holding the biggest divisional lead in baseball don't stand a chance.....OMG how will they ever win without another arm in the PEN!? They need that as well! "See, almost every BULL PEN in baseball"

But, but, they've cooled off! They're not winning every game! The wheels are falling off! We need Chapman!

I hear Carlos Marmol is a free agent!?

I have to admit, I enjoy the relationship CubCake fans have with their team. They act like abused housewives. You really don't need to say anything yet they get defensive when you say they suck and defensive when you say they're going to win.

They suck and they're going to win the WS......Get over it.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:Former Cardinals scouting director Chris Correa sentenced to 46 months for hacking Houston's system.

46 months.......Did he rape someone in the process? If he was with the Yankee's he get a slap on the wrist. They'd just buy the info.
I don't know. It's not like St. Louis doesn't have money and isn't one of the most popular teams in mlb.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

I don't know. It's not like St. Louis doesn't have money and isn't one of the most popular teams in mlb.
After skipping over the link I just went back and read the story. A Rogue Agent acting alone My Redbird ass. I had a lot of questions, didn't hear anything about it but after a read I'd say the Card's should be hit hard. No way the head brass was in the dark on this cold war.

Damn near every team, player, commissioner at every level has cheated or walked the line but Correa was into some serious espionage. I've seen Pop Warner coaches and parents in today's era scout other teams, video tape games and practices including faking addresses to stack teams......It's really not a game anymore, it's insane.

But on the MLB level, hacking the Stro's system and draining them dry for intel? That ranks pretty high on the list. Think Selig probably heard the story and quietly called Correa a rookie? I can't help but think less of the Cards while at the same time thinking what other teams and people have got away with.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Cubs.

Now we'll see what they can do against the two best Mets pitchers.

Rizzo 11 pitch HR AB was a great piece of hitting.

$tevil
wickedsensation

UtahRatt wrote:
wickedsensation wrote:
Oh I forgot, came out of the gate at a record Pace® Picante sauce, LOOK AT US The hottest team on the planet still with one if not the best starting rotations, a top scoring offense with by far the largest point differential while holding the biggest divisional lead in baseball don't stand a chance.....OMG how will they ever win without another arm in the PEN!? They need that as well! "See, almost every BULL PEN in baseball"

But, but, they've cooled off! They're not winning every game! The wheels are falling off! We need Chapman!

I hear Carlos Marmol is a free agent!?

I have to admit, I enjoy the relationship CubCake fans have with their team. They act like abused housewives. You really don't need to say anything yet they get defensive when you say they suck and defensive when you say they're going to win.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:
wickedsensation wrote:

They don't suck. Until October. If they make it that far.

The line went from Cubs -145 to -161 in an hour. Mets a good value if you gamble.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Facedown wrote:
killeverything wrote:

No shocker with NYBoston but find it funny the CUBS are still fighting for more ringers. MONEY BALL! Welcome to the Salary club. I guess Arrieta back to being human after his one calendar year on fire has them scared for some reason. Still a top pitcher on a top staff on a top RBI producing team.

#1 - LAD ------ $258,731,190......LAD's 25 man roster salary $128,026,426...Womp womp womp!
#2 - New York Yankees - $234,908,513....25 man roster $220,326,999 Has NY reached .500 yet?
#3 - Boston Red Sox - $212,612,139
#4 -Detroit Tigers - $202,870,667
#5 - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of California! $178,071,663
#6 - San Francisco Giants - $177,927,101
#7 - Chicago Cubs - $173,582,168
--------------------------------

Machado, would you trade Chapman or keep him with Miller and build a team around the Pen in the off season? Still only 5ish games out of the Wyld Card they could make some minor moves by the deadline to keep in the hunt......Not that I think they can do anything this year regardless.
I would trade Chapman. The luxury these Yankees have in 2016 is that they literally have 3 capable closers. Betances is unproven, but his pitcher seem good enough
to be given the closer role in The Bronx. If the trade is good for the Yankees, if another team wants to offer "stars" in return for Chapman, I don't see a good reason why Cashman refuses the trade. The Yankees are probably not going to make a run, probably not going to make the playoffs, which is very difficult to admit since this franchise has been more than great for about 20 years.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Mets

9th inning KO!

Another wasted effort for Arrieta............ :D

The 2016 WS champs take it in the gut yet again by NY
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Gomes out 4-8 weeks with separated shoulder.

LAD and Tampa discussing trade. Longoria? Friedman makes no secret his love of his drafts.

Clayton Kershaw shut down indefinitely with back pain.

MFY going full bore to trade Chapman.

LAD is doing the same with Puig. Could Puig be used to land Longoria? Is the Tampa GM high like 24/7...man.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:Mets

9th inning KO!

Another wasted effort for Arrieta............ :D

The 2016 WS champs take it in the gut yet again by NY
That's twice the Cubs have had bases loaded against Familia with one out and blew it.

$tevil
wickedsensation

johnk5150 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
wickedsensation wrote:

They don't suck. Until October. If they make it that far.

The line went from Cubs -145 to -161 in an hour. Mets a good value if you gamble.
Quote was the other way around. It was:
wickedsensation wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

wickedsensation

johnk5150 wrote:
That's twice the Cubs have had bases loaded against Familia with one out and blew it.
It was even worse than that -- they had the bases loaded with no one out last night. Still have a chance to take two out of three today though.