Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

Ichiro collected hit #3,000 on a triple!
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Cubs.

Nice road trip.

Hendricks A pretty good fifth starter.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:Ichiro collected hit #3,000 on a triple!
That's more impressive than Boggs achieving 3000 hits a homerun.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:
Jeter hit a HR for his 3,000th too. I can't think of a more Ichiro way to do it than a triple really.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
I can't think of a more Ichiro way to do it than a triple really.
A sand wedge single after the pitch hit's the dirt in front of the plate?
killeverything wrote:Ken Griffey Jr.'s number to be retired in Safeco tonight.
Wished I could be there, I'll always picture him as an M and never forget those days.

Speaking of Griffey, I fleeced several pair of those Prez shoes, 5 stickers in each box! I've seen the stickers on ebay and amazon but if you like shoot me a PM I'd be glad to hook you up with a couple. If you didn't make that post I'd never got an itch and it turned into a win even if I don't wear sneakers.

I have 2 "Prez" pair left, one to keep or sell and one to wear....Currently going for $230 to $250.

Also got 2 pair of the Griffey Max 1 "non Prez" as part of the deal. When the dust cleared I'm left with 2 Prez and 2 Griffey Max 1's for around $100 with someone on the hook who wants a Max 1, $120 to $140.
All my life as a hobby I've flipped everything on this planet from houses, cars, sports cards to bicycles but never dealt with sneakers. There's some change to be made it's a crazy market.

BTW, I currently have a car, truck, vacuum cleaner, fridge, a washer and dryer for sale or trade. Will take offers on the Vacuum to trade for a Kris Bryant jersey. It's a Hoover and you know the CUBS..... :twisted:

---------------------------

Adrian Gonzalez hits 300th career home run. After 7 years in the minors for the Yankees Rob Segedin made his MLB debut with LAD adding 4RBI's off Boston's David Price, a Dodger debut record.
Dodgers move with in ONE game of the Giants again for the WEST! Still don't think LAD will make the playoffs

For the first time ESPN wasn't plastered with CUBS SPAM. Thanks to Ichiro and Aroid's Bronxexit! I heard Aroid still wants to play for numbers and records..Ego for it Aroid!

Really sucks to hear about Trevor Story, he had my ROY vote in a good race, bum deal. Should open up the door for Seager but there's a few good Rook's this year.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Its only a matter of time before LA passes SF in the standings. Giants haven't hit with RISP for 3 weeks. Painful to watch so much futility.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:
For the first time ESPN wasn't plastered with CUBS SPAM. Thanks to Ichiro and Aroid's Bronxexit! I heard Aroid still wants to play for numbers and records..Ego for it Aroid!

Really sucks to hear about Trevor Story, he had my ROY vote in a good race, bum deal. Should open up the door for Seager but there's a few good Rook's this year.
What Ichiro has done is special.

And Cubs fans hate the national media attention. Once people outside the division start anointing them it makes the inevitable collapse embarrassing.

$tevil
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

UtahRatt wrote:
You should be grateful. At the rate he was going (130K in 415 plate appearances), he would have had more K's this year than Bryant did last year.

But K's don't really matter when it comes to evaluating a rookie -- it only mattered when that rookie happened to play for the Cubs, right?

:lol:
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

wickedsensation wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
You should be grateful. At the rate he was going (130K in 415 plate appearances), he would have had more K's this year than Bryant did last year.

But K's don't really matter when it comes to evaluating a rookie -- it only mattered when that rookie happened to play for the Cubs, right?

:lol:
Exactly, who cares about a SO king in Chicago!

Don't forget Trev had more HR's and better numbers by the break then Bryant did all year at 1/10th the hype! They'd build Trevor a statue already if he was a CUBY on top of sweeping the votes! Including this years ALL-CUB game and last seasons Arrieta's first Zack Greinke award! :twisted:

You'll get to enjoy it after buying the all the extra pieces to with the WS, that's if Chapman don't hit a bitch and Lester's contract came with a "How to throw to first" video!
johnk5150 wrote:What Ichiro has done is special.

And Cubs fans hate the national media attention. Once people outside the division start anointing them it makes the inevitable collapse embarrassing.
I wouldn't even know who to compare Ichiro with.

As for the CUBS I'm just poking them with a stick.
Part of it comes with the spoils of winning and there's nothing anyone can do about the Press. I hate the Press with a passion, it don't matter what subject from Sports to Shootings they get people riled up and that attracts bandwagons leaving all the normal people wondering where all the clowns are coming from.

I also think the closer you get to the east coast in baseball the more biased voters are, louder the fans get more come out of the woodwork. NY was easy to hate, they always bought rings and the media coverage including the fans have been flat out obnoxious since the dawn of time. Is there any Baseball star that wasn't bought by the Yankees at one point or time in their career?

I'll quietly cheer for the CUBS when they win the WS, I'll remember the years growing up watching the games on WGN. One of the two channels I could get my baseball on even if they wasn't my favorite I still liked and remember all the players.

But like Boston, once they win one, then two I hope they don't turn into their fans and that's what I see happening. Suddenly everyone gets off the couch and becomes a diehard. "I've always been a fan! Maddux? didn't he play for the Braves?" "The Hawk? You mean the Atlanta Hawks?" Ernie Banks rings a bell!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

No one is on Ichiro's level. That guy could do it all. I think if he played his entire career in mlb he would have surpassed Rose like he did George Sisler. If he wanted to he could have hit 40HR a season. He smacks them out of the park in batting practice. I've seen it. He just chose not to.

As for the Cubs it happens to all teams. I have a few friends from Chicago and they've always been fans. I haven't seen a takeover of their gear yet on the street, like I did/do the Warriors.

Unless they're playing one of my teams I want them to win it all for Epstein and Hoyer. That would be so cool if the two Chicago brought in specifically for a ring pulled it off.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Cooperkill wrote:Image

Happy trails, scumbag.

very funny. i find it very hypocritical that baseball fans want to "hang" ARod or McGwire or Sosa or Clemens because what most of you won't admit
or accept is that the owners promoted the PED use. the league promoted the use. the situation went all the way to the top, Mr Bud Selig himself, who
turned a blind eye to the matter in exchange for gate receipts, i.e. revenue!
the league got paid. the players got paid. the team got paid, etc...

so while some guys certainly did abuse PED's and probably skyrocketed their offensive numbers or pitching numbers, i can't actually vote against
any of them for the HOF. sorry! just can't do it. if anybody wants to accuse X player of using PED's in that era, well you might as well accuse
them all because there are players who were never found guilty of abusing, but you know they certainly did abuse. a lot of players
did and the "clean players" have said the very same for years.

does not matter if the PED user flunked a test, was caught with a syringe in his ass or whatever the case is, all of these players were
only doing what their teams, their owners and the MLB Commish wanted them to do.
the sad part of this entire ordeal is how the teams, the owners and the MLB commish walked away without a single scratch.

how fair was that?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
Cooperkill wrote:Image

Happy trails, scumbag.

very funny. i find it very hypocritical that baseball fans want to "hang" ARod or McGwire or Sosa or Clemens because what most of you won't admit
or accept is that the owners promoted the PED use. the league promoted the use. the situation went all the way to the top, Mr Bud Selig himself, who
turned a blind eye to the matter in exchange for gate receipts, i.e. revenue!
the league got paid. the players got paid. the team got paid, etc...

so while some guys certainly did abuse PED's and probably skyrocketed their offensive numbers or pitching numbers, i can't actually vote against
any of them for the HOF. sorry! just can't do it. if anybody wants to accuse X player of using PED's in that era, well you might as well accuse
them all because there are players who were never found guilty of abusing, but you know they certainly did abuse. a lot of players
did and the "clean players" have said the very same for years.

does not matter if the PED user flunked a test, was caught with a syringe in his ass or whatever the case is, all of these players were
only doing what their teams, their owners and the MLB Commish wanted them to do.
the sad part of this entire ordeal is how the teams, the owners and the MLB commish walked away without a single scratch.

how fair was that?
I see what your point is regarding McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, and Clemens. Not *rod though. I assure you no one on the MFY was whispering in his ear "hey douchebag, you should get back on PEDs" ( if he ever stopped in the first place ).

*rod gets a lot of ire because of his actions after at least the Mitchell Report, "Juiced," and "Game Of Shadows." You know? When the "civilians" basically learned what really went down in the Selig Era. He continued or started up again especially after seeing Manny's inhuman ( well, technically it was inhuman ) 1.232 OPS in LA, and reportedly was envious of what Manny was taking.

Oh, it gets better. Not only did he use. When he was popped he tried to lie and bribe his way out of it. This isn't a "the owners made him do it" situation. This isn't poor gullible *rod. He just got caught up in the machine. He used and did every single backhanded shit he could think of to get out of it, and should have been banned because of it.

That's why he's hated. That's why he'll never be in the Hall. That's why there's not even a hesitant "well even without roids they were arguably the best pitcher and 5 tool player of all time" like there ( rightfully so ) is with Bonds and Clemens.

Do you know when Rodriguez was clean? Seattle.

Happy trails, scumbag.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Marlins place closer Ramos on DL.

Zach Greinke reinstated from DL.

LAD expects Kershaw back in September.

Brandon Crawford sets SF record with a 7 hit game ( 14 innings vs. Miami ).

Tim Tebow....yes, that one. Attempting to play baseball. Will try out for teams this month. Good God, why? Is he going to pray every time he gets a walk as a show of thanks? Fuck that guy.

Rangers DH Prince Fielder's career appears to be over ( neck surgery ). TX to hold press conf. Wednesday.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:
Tim Tebow....yes, that one. Attempting to play baseball. Will try out for teams this month. Good God, why? Is he going to pray every time he gets a walk as a show of thanks? Fuck that guy.

Rangers DH Prince Fielder's career appears to be over ( neck surgery ). TX to hold press conf. Wednesday.
I just saw footage of Tebow in the batting cage. A). His arms are fucking huge
B). He doesn't look that bad

Bummer regarding Prince. You don't fuck around with the spine. He was so durable for so long.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Just heard Prince and Cecil have 319 HRS.

That's kinda cool I guess.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:Just heard Prince and Cecil have 319 HRS.

That's kinda cool I guess.
I guess it's cool in the sense that since Cecil said "the only reason he was given a shot is because he's my son" ( or something similar. Prince refused to speak to him after that. Hopefully they can mend fences.

Since Prince can't play for a medical disability, the Rangers are still on the hook for 100m of Dombrowski's contract. I always thought Dombrowski wasn't too good without a giant checkbook.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Prince not retiring. He's being declared "medjcally disabled". So he gets paid.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Mlb tv reporting insurance will cover half his remaining salary. The Tigers are on the hook for 6 mil a year for the remainder of his deal (I did not know that). Which leaves Texas obligation only 24 and change total.

There is probably an annual deductible so it could be more than 24, but still. That's a hell of a lot better than holding the whole bag.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Adam Jones tweet this afternoon: When the season ends I'm going to try out for the NFL. I haven't played since high school, but have played in some turkey bowls since.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:Mlb tv reporting insurance will cover half his remaining salary. The Tigers are on the hook for 6 mil a year for the remainder of his deal (I did not know that). Which leaves Texas obligation only 24 and change total.

There is probably an annual deductible so it could be more than 24, but still. That's a hell of a lot better than holding the whole bag.
either way, that mf is getting away with stealing. all that money going into his account for not taking the field ever again.
that MLB players union is up there with the mafia.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Mlb tv reporting insurance will cover half his remaining salary. The Tigers are on the hook for 6 mil a year for the remainder of his deal (I did not know that). Which leaves Texas obligation only 24 and change total.

either way, that mf is getting away with stealing. all that money going into his account for not taking the field ever again.
How is that stealing? The team has insurance. He had no idea he wasn't going to play out the rest of his contract. So it's not like it was malicious.

The MLBPA has some stances I don't agree with ( namely PEDs ). Without the MLBPA your boy *rod would have had a lifetime ban and the MFY wouldn't have had to pay him a dime.

Players have been getting fucked by the owners for years. Charles Commisky and the Black Sox ring a bell? If he would have given them their promised bonuses, they probably wouldn't have been able to be bought. Back in the day with the exception of the Williamses and Dimaggios players had to work 9 to 5s in the off season.

The strike which begat the biggest part of the Selig-era was because there was no MLBPA. They protect the players. A little too much in the roid area, but what are you going to do?
Last edited by killeverything on Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Prince isn't stealing. From 2006-2013 he missed a total of 13 games. In a long season like mlb is he was probably the fattest iron man of his era.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Damn. John Saunders was only 61.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

How is that stealing? The team has insurance. He had no idea he wasn't going to play out the rest of his contract. So it's not like it was malicious.

The MLBPA has some stances I don't agree with ( namely PEDs ). Without the MLBPA your boy *rod would have had a lifetime ban and the MFY wouldn't have had to pay him a dime.

Players have been getting fucked by the owners for years. Charles Commisky and the Black Sox ring a bell? If he would have given them their promised bonuses, they probably wouldn't have been able to be bought. Back in the day with the exception of the Williamses and Dimaggios players had to work 9 to 5s in the off season.

The strike which begat the biggest part of the Selig-era was because there was no MLBPA. They protect the players. A little too much in the roid area, but what are you going to do?
Kill-Take it easy. Your Cubs hat might be on very tight as you typed the message. Never said Prince was being malicious. IMO, it is amazing how the Rangers once again will play
a player for never taking the field in a Rangers uniform.
I know all too well about the MLBPA and that strong union. When ARod wanted to take 40 million less to wear the Sux uniform, the Union stepped in and said, "not so fast Alex". Imagine if
Arod would have worn that uniform all these years. You Kill, you would be supporting him like you support all Sux players.
Wasn't it the NY Times that reported Ortiz failed a PED test in 2009? Didn't Ortiz make a statement that season about how he was going to explain the positive
test. All these years later and he has yet to explain himself. That is just one of many reasons why Ortiz is no better than the other "cheats" who abused PED's. Yet, the man is getting
a farewell tour and the media won't dare mention the 2009 finding. HYPOCRITES!!!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

Kill-Take it easy. Your Cubs hat might be on very tight as you typed the message. Never said Prince was being malicious. IMO, it is amazing how the Rangers once again will play
a player for never taking the field in a Rangers uniform.
I know all too well about the MLBPA and that strong union. When ARod wanted to take 40 million less to wear the Sux uniform, the Union stepped in and said, "not so fast Alex". Imagine if
Arod would have worn that uniform all these years. You Kill, you would be supporting him like you support all Sux players.
Wasn't it the NY Times that reported Ortiz failed a PED test in 2009? Didn't Ortiz make a statement that season about how he was going to explain the positive
test. All these years later and he has yet to explain himself. That is just one of many reasons why Ortiz is no better than the other "cheats" who abused PED's. Yet, the man is getting
a farewell tour and the media won't dare mention the 2009 finding. HYPOCRITES!!!
You fucking moron. You assume I'm a Cubs fan? I've explained this to you 4 times ( 5 now ). Tell me about your days growing up in NY, or Dallas for that matter. Lemme guess those teams are really popular, and you wanna fit in too huh? I also pull for the Texas Longhorns, because....wait for it.....I grew up in TX.

Show me where Ortiz failed the test. There was no false positive with the Mitchell Report. He peed completely clean and they didn't believe it so he was signaled. He did explain it. He didn't fail. Still hasn't. I know a lot of you are still butthurt about 2004 though.

The MLBPA had no problem with Arod restructuring his deal. You know who did? Steinbrenner. He's the one that told them not to let it happen. Which brings up one of my favorite quotes: "We understand John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston." :lol: I'll bet if Georgie Peorgie had a chance he wouldn't do that one again. Or responding to the Schilling trade with Kevin Brown.

Again dumbshit, show me where Ortiz failed a test. Unlike your disgrace of a hero. Then maybe he would have a little tour too ( God, I hate the Yankees for making this crybaby shit the norm ). In fact I'm willing to bet that when *rod is eligible for HOF voting he falls off the first year.

You're not really this dumb right? It's all an act. Like a character you play online ( God, knows why )? Has to be. There is no way you are this dumb.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:
You fucking moron. You assume I'm a Cubs fan? I've explained this to you 4 times ( 5 now ).

Don't try to argue with a guy who with a straight face says that arguably tune most durable/reliable player in baseball for eight consecutive years is now stealing money.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

johnk5150 wrote:
killeverything wrote:
You fucking moron. You assume I'm a Cubs fan? I've explained this to you 4 times ( 5 now ).

Don't try to argue with a guy who with a straight face says that arguably the most durable/reliable player in baseball for eight consecutive years is now stealing money.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

DP

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
killeverything wrote:

Don't try to argue with a guy who with a straight face says that arguably the most durable/reliable player in baseball for eight consecutive years is now stealing money.
Fuck, you're right. Maybe I just haven't drank enough coffee today.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
Fuck, you're right. Maybe I just haven't drank enough coffee today.

HAHA
You probably drink Sanka