Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
Fuck, you're right. Maybe I just haven't drank enough coffee today.

HAHA
You probably drink Sanka
:lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It turns out Girardi hasn't been playing *rod on his little mini-farewell tour. In which Girardi ( after saying he will ) responded with "my job description does not entail farewell tours." Ummmm your fucking team invented them.

Captain Ove2ated still bat second despite his .256BAA and .617OPS ( 2nd lowest in the AL, yeah, he really wasn't that good ) on his farewell. He says "he's still trying to win these games." Yet, still starts Teixera at 1B, who is as bad or worse. The hatred that org has for asterisk boy is hysterical.

Numbers wise Rodiguez hasn't been worth even half of his 275m contract. Which is also why this wasn't his decision to step down, he was getting cut. He'll play against Eduardo Rodriguez and might get an AB in his final game at MFY Stadium.

Talk about a helluva end.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Clayton Kershaw welcomes Rams with 200 bottles of whiskey. Clayton Kershaw gave each player on the Rams roster a $230 bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label inscribed with the message: "Welcome home! LA all day."

Drive safely? The RAMS are gonna need it after looking over their roster and slated to start rookie QB.

The Los Angeles Dodgers put right-hander Bud Norris on the 15-day disabled list. He is the 26th player placed on the disabled list by the Dodgers, second most in the majors over the past 30 years to the 27 by the 2012 Red Sox.

Days after a demotion to the minors Yasiel Puig posts videos partying with Triple-A teammates after loss....Dave Roberts was asked on the day of Puig's demotion whether the outfielder and his off-field issues have taken more of his time than other players have. He had a one-word answer......."Yes," he said.

Dodgers remove Puig merch from store....... :P

----------------AROID head lines-------------

Benching A-Rod wasn't about winning -- it was vindictive....
Alex Rodriguez's request to play third base on Friday turned down.......
Amid boos, Alex Rodriguez flies out as pinch hitter vs. Red Sox........

Will Friday be the last time we ever see Alex Rodriguez on a baseball field? Uh, don't bet your copy of the Biogenesis client list on it....Have we seen the last of A-Rod? Survey says ... maybe not I spent the last few days polling 24 executives from all across baseball. Here's how they voted:

• He'll be back: 9
• No, he won't: 13
• He'll be in some team's camp next spring: 2
In a shocking development, people feel strongly about this guy! Both ways!

On the one hand, there were the "never-to-be-seen-again" voters. The best word to describe them would be "vociferous."

"Done," said one, succinctly.

"The second you bring him in," another voter said, "it means that every day someone's asking the manager: 'Is A-Rod going to pinch-hit tonight?' It's a huge distraction."

"He's not a good player," another said.

"He's four home runs away from a club three players in history have joined," said one exec, in reference to the Bonds/Aaron/Ruth 700-Homer Club. "You really think he's just going to go home?"

"Somebody will bring him in to get 700," another said.

And then you had your "he'll-at-least-show-up-in-spring-training" voters, like the exec who quipped: "Anyone, including Garth Brooks and Will Ferrell, can play in a spring training game."

But if there was one overriding sentiment emanating from the "we-haven't-seen-the-last-of-him" crowd, it was summed up by this exec: "The Miami Marlins will take him," he said. "One hundred percent chance."

• If there's any other place in North America that's not known as "New York," where people might actually buy tickets and cheer A-Rod, it's Miami. :lol:

------------------

David Ortiz gets a season-long celebration; A-Rod gets less than a week....... :mrgreen:
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Wrigley update...

Wainwright looking very human today.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:Wrigley update...

Wainwright looking very human today.
That guy has barely been human since he came into the league. That's just it. What if he's not human?

He didn't really have TJ surgery, the mother ship just carried him home.

*edit

Got him mixed up with Isringhausen.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I'm at the game with my youngest son today. I asked him if he wanted to go after the Cubs 7th.

His response..."you can go."

He's nine.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:I'm at the game with my youngest son today. I asked him if he wanted to go after the Cubs 7th.

He's nine.
\m/

Fatherhood. You're kicking it's ass.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:I'm at the game with my youngest son today. I asked him if he wanted to go after the Cubs 7th.

He's nine.
\m/

Fatherhood. You're kicking it's ass.
:)

Congratulations, sounds like you've raised a good lad. Awesome reply from what sounds like an awesome kid. Must take after his mother!

Can't wait to hear his reaction when the CUBS win the WS this year. I've just decided I only want the CUBS to win the WS for your son. I'm sure you'll receive a lifetime memory of him screaming happy if they do.

My father was the opposite, his football team was my rivals. Thankfully he didn't influence or force me into being a Bronco fan but I'll never forget watching the games and how we'd battle. We did have one thing in common, we both hated the Yankees. Either way one thing I'll never forget is I was lucky enough my teams won a World Series and Super Bowls as a kid.
The point to all this is, nothing tops watching your team win it all when you're a kid. It's always great but it's not the same.

I'm with your son.........I've rarely left a game early, we use to mock early leavers as non fan fun haters. Where do you have to be that's more enjoyable or important!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Hoyer just said on WSCR the Cubs would be interested in Papelbon if his request to be released is granted. With Strop out until the playoffs and Romdon's dead arm I guess that could help.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:Hoyer just said on WSCR the Cubs would be interested in Papelbon if his request to be released is granted. With Strop out until the playoffs and Romdon's dead arm I guess that could help.
Epstein drafted Pappelbon. I remember him being toted as ( because of his physique ) the next Roger Clemens.

Does he have clubhouse issues or was he just dealing with Bryce Harper? The guy always came off as an ass to me. There's a lot to be said for fucking with a team's chemistry. I don't remember hearing stories of him being loved. I also don't remember him being hated. Maybe from the Boston media, but they hate everyone.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:

Epstein drafted Pappelbon. I remember him being toted as ( because of his physique ) the next Roger Clemens.

Does he have clubhouse issues or was he just dealing with Bryce Harper? The guy always came off as an ass to me. There's a lot to be said for fucking with a team's chemistry. I don't remember hearing stories of him being loved. I also don't remember him being hated. Maybe from the Boston media, but they hate everyone.
I'd say Papelbon is borderline a complete tool. One hot as balls day in '06? My company had great White Sox seats right on the 1st base line against Boston. During warmups I saw Papelbon repeatedly teasing little kids during BP acting as if he would throw them a ball, but fake toss it. He was belly laughing every time he deked them out. Mad love goes out to Lowell I want to say Wakefield who gave those kids a bunch of balls and gladly took the time to sign them.

Then the Red Sox beat the shit out of the White Sox. Good day.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:
killeverything wrote:

I'd say Papelbon is borderline a complete tool. One hot as balls day in '06? My company had great White Sox seats right on the 1st base line against Boston. During warmups I saw Papelbon repeatedly teasing little kids during BP acting as if he would throw them a ball, but fake toss it. He was belly laughing every time he deked them out. Mad love goes out to Lowell I want to say Wakefield who gave those kids a bunch of balls and gladly took the time to sign them.

Then the Red Sox beat the shit out of the White Sox. Good day.
He does come off like an ass. He requested being released in Washington because he was now a set up guy.

In like 2008ish I saw a Sox/Mariners game with a friend. Where they have the bullpens you can go right up and the only thing between you and the pitcher is like a vinyl screen and about 6'. Anyways one of my friends was talking shit to Pap about "why aren't you good enough to be a starter?" and the like.

He didn't break his cool over even look in our direction. He was probably used to that kind of shit playing at Fenway. That place is tiny. Plus, this was Seattle post '04 and '07. There were way more B hats than Ss. I was talking shit to one guy ( decked to the nines ) that had never even been to Mass.

MFY prospects Aaron Judge and Tyler Austin become the first teammates to hit back to back HRs in their first mlb at bats.

*rod who?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:
MFY prospects Aaron Judge and Tyler Austin become the first teammates to hit back to back HRs in their first mlb at bats.

*rod who?
There's a final jeopardy answer. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that it took so long as much as that it happened at all.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:
killeverything wrote:

*rod who?
There's a final jeopardy answer. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that it took so long as much as that it happened at all.
There's a lot of fate kind of shit happening there. Two rookies, next to each other in the lineup, etc. I think it's funny as hell that happens the day after NY basically told *rod to "get the fuck outta here!"

Carlos Gomez DFA by Houston a few days ago. I forgot to post it.

Cleveland's Micheal Brantley to have season ending shoulder surgery.

LAAAA signed Andrew Bailey to a minor league deal.

29 year old 1 an 1/2 years away from being mlb ready ( according to retired OF/sociopath Gary Sheffroid ) Tim Tebow doesn't want to be a side show in the minors. :lol:

Mr. Tebow apparently has no idea how hard hitting a baseball actually is. If he is signed by anyone it WILL be to boost tix sales for the -A Albuquerque Dilly Wackers or some shit.

Adam Jones took to twitter to show his support:
"After this @mlb season I'm going to try out for the @nfl this off season. I haven't played since HS but I've played in a few TurkeyBowls since!!

He's pissed off a lot of personnel with it. Buck Showalter ( who I hate ) made some good points and Chili Davis was funny about it. "Start him hitting off a tee."
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:
There's a lot of fate kind of shit happening there. Two rookies, next to each other in the lineup, etc. I think it's funny as hell that happens the day after NY basically told *rod get the fuck Ottawa here!."
Call it Karmik justice.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:
killeverything wrote:

*rod who?
was awesome to see. of course i tuned in to see the baby bombers MLB debut. there is no telling what the future holds, but it has been
a very long time since the New York Yankees had young kids like this in The Bronx. interesting to me that the team was celebrating
the 96 WS team yesterday. maybe this is the beginning of a new dynasty in The Bronx. get those tissues ready, boys!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Just a typical weekend in The Bronx

Friday-ARod plays last game as a Yankee
Saturday-Ceremony honoring the 1996 WS team
Sunday-Mariano Rivera Day. Mo gets a plaque in Monument Park
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote: was awesome to see. of course i tuned in to see the baby bombers MLB debut. there is no telling what the future holds, but it has been
a very long time since the New York Yankees had young kids like this in The Bronx. interesting to me that the team was celebrating
the 96 WS team yesterday. maybe this is the beginning of a new dynasty in The Bronx. get those tissues ready, boys!

Sad thing is they'll probably win again before Chicago. Took the Cubs 100 years to figure out its about bats, not arms. Only took NY 20.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Just a typical weekend in The Bronx
Sunday-Mariano Rivera Day.
Will there be crying in the stands?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote: was awesome to see. of course i tuned in to see the baby bombers MLB debut. there is no telling what the future holds, but it has been

Sad thing is they'll probably win again before Chicago. Took the Cubs 100 years to figure out its about bats, not arms. Only took NY 20.
Not necessarily. The MFY went cold during the Mattingly days because they didn't have pitching.

It's always pitching. Having an Ortiz, Pujols, and Reggie is nice but it always comes down to pitching.

Epstein/Hoyer know that. There is no way the MFY brass don't. Especially seeing their dynasty fall at the hands of Schilling, Johnson, and Beckett. Cashman traded for a kid that's tearing up Tampa right now ( Justus Sheffield ).

It always comes down to pitching. The lite hitting SF Giants have proven that.

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:Just a typical weekend in The Bronx
Sunday-Mariano Rivera Day.
Will there be crying in the stands?
Of course there will be. He said "get those tissues ready boys." :lol:

*ETA

Gincarlo Stanton to DL

*ETA II

Breaking!!!!!

Gincarlo Stanton done for season
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

Not necessarily. The MFY went cold during the Mattingly days because they didn't have pitching.

It's always pitching. Having an Ortiz, Pujols, and Reggie is nice but it always comes down to pitching.

Epstein/Hoyer know that. There is no way the MFY brass don't. Especially seeing their dynasty fall at the hands of Schilling, Johnson, and Beckett. Cashman traded for a kid that's tearing up Tampa right now ( Justus Sheffield ).

It always comes down to pitching. The lite hitting SF Giants have proven that.
of course a Cubs fan will get it all wrong. that fool does not know the feeling of winning a game in late fall. HAHA
anyway, Kill nailed it. comes down to pitching. a team needs at least 2 dominant starters to win the WS. or 1 dominant and another that gets hot
at the right time.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

I should have been clearer. I'm not saying pitching isn't as important as bats. I'm saying you can find pitching. The Cubs spent years wasting high draft picks on arms. The Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, Carlos Zambrano experiment failed. Their recent success has come through using their high draft picks on quality bats and finding solid arms from other sources. Theo and Jed have a great eye for plunking talented arms from teams that have given up on said pitcher. Looking at their staff, they don't have a single arm in their rotation that was drafted by the Cubs.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:I should have been clearer. I'm not saying pitching isn't as important as bats. I'm saying you can find pitching. The Cubs spent years wasting high draft picks on arms. The Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, Carlos Zambrano experiment failed. Their recent success has come through using their high draft picks on quality bats and finding solid arms from other sources. Theo and Jed have a great eye for plunking talented arms from teams that have given up on said pitcher. Looking at their staff, they don't have a single arm in their rotation that was drafted by the Cubs.
I feel ya. The Wood, Kerry, Zambrano experiment failed because they had the worst mgr. of all time ( Dusty Baker ) at the helm. I wouldn't say the pitching was wrong. If you have an imbecile running things. You. Will. Lose.

It's hard to believe a juiced up Barry team got beat. SF's pitching was good, but not on par with recently. That said. They lost. Offensively it's hard to top Bonds. Clean or not.

Oh wait. You know how to beat him and the team he was on? Add Baker, but fuck. You already know that.

Which is why I laugh when people say the Nats are the team to beat. Umm, nope.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

killeverything wrote:
I feel ya. The Wood, Kerry, Zambrano experiment failed because they had the worst mgr. of all time ( Dusty Baker ) at the helm. I wouldn't say the pitching was wrong. If you have an imbecile running things. You. Will. Lose.

It's hard to believe a juiced up Barry team got beat. SF's pitching was good, but not on par with recently. That said. They lost. Offensively it's hard to top Bonds. Clean or not.

Oh wait. You know how to beat him and the team he was on? Add Baker, but fuck. You already know that.

Serious question. Does anyone think it was simply a coincidence that 6-12 months after the congressional hearings and MLB began testing that Prior and Wood began breaking down? Prior especially was in the juice. Woods breakdown was prolly a combination of the PED/unnatural throwing motion.

$tevil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:
killeverything wrote:

Serious question. Does anyone think it was simply a coincidence that 6-12 months after the congressional hearings and MLB began testing that Prior and Wood began breaking down? Prior especially was in the juice. Woods breakdown was prolly a combination of the PED/unnatural throwing motion.
I don't recall ever hearing either of them tied to PEDs. Wood was probably his pitching motion. I was talking to a former mlb scorer ( the guy is a jackass BTW ) and he pointed that out to me. I don't know/can't see the physical stuff. If it's pointed out, sure.

I think that both were overused from the start by Baker.
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

killeverything wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
killeverything wrote:

I don't recall ever hearing either of them tied to PEDs. Wood was probably his pitching motion. I was talking to a former mlb scorer ( the guy is a jackass BTW ) and he pointed that out to me. I don't know/can't see the physical stuff. If it's pointed out, sure.

I think that both were overused from the start by Baker.
Same here -- don't recall ever hearing anything about PED use by Prior or Wood.

I was just looking at pitch counts for both Prior and Wood in 2003 -- their last full seasons as SP. Prior had 9 starts of 120+ pitches; Wood had 13 starts of 120+ pitches. I figured it would be high, but not that high!
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

wickedsensation wrote:don't recall ever hearing anything about PED use by Prior or Wood.

I was just looking at pitch counts for both Prior and Wood in 2003 -- their last full seasons as SP. Prior had 9 starts of 120+ pitches; Wood had 13 starts of 120+ pitches. I figured it would be high, but not that high!
I believe that season is what made the PAP ( Pitcher Abuse Points ) stat exist. I just know of it, so I can't really go into detail.

Baker is known for running his starters into the ground the same way Joe Torre was for murdering his middle relief.

With Stanton done for the season the playoff hopeful Marlins discuss signing *rod internally. *rod's publicist stated "he's not playing again this year." Recently DFA Carlos Gomez is also on Florida's radar.

Stanton's inability to stay healthy pretty much makes Jose Fernandez's free agent departure a certainty.

Harper, Machado, Fernandez, Encarcion the post 2017 free agency is going to be huge.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
wickedsensation wrote:don't recall ever hearing anything about PED use by Prior or Wood.

With Stanton done for the season the playoff hopeful Marlins discuss signing *rod internally. *rod's publicist stated "he's not playing again this year." Recently DFA Carlos Gomez is also on Florida's radar.
the media is relentless. let ARod be already. as soon as the guy announces he is done playing, here comes the media, begging for him to return. makes zero sense to return to the NL. where he has to play D or be a specialized pinch hitter. c'mon man, the media is so unfair. won't surprise me if the media blasts ARod for not returning, for not helping Miami in a time of need and for not chasing after the 700 HR's.
:roll:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote: the media is relentless. let ARod be already. as soon as the guy announces he is done playing, here comes the media, begging for him to return. makes zero sense to return to the NL. where he has to play D or be a specialized pinch hitter. c'mon man, the media is so unfair. won't surprise me if the media blasts ARod for not returning, for not helping Miami in a time of need and for not chasing after the 700 HR's.
See, I don't know. Even Jeter thinks staying retired will be difficult for Rodriguez. Remember he didn't voluntarily walk away, like Teix the MFY were going to cut him so they let him step down to preserve his fwagile little ego.

The Miami speculation has been going on for some time. He's from there and played a couple games at 1B ( which is where they would put him ). Then with Stanton out they are scrambling trying to find power now. *rod lacks that currently though. If only there was a pharmacist that could help.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote: the media is relentless. let ARod be already. as soon as the guy announces he is done playing, here comes the media, begging for him to return. makes zero sense to return to the NL. where he has to play D or be a specialized pinch hitter. c'mon man, the media is so unfair. won't surprise me if the media blasts ARod for not returning, for not helping Miami in a time of need and for not chasing after the 700 HR's.
See, I don't know. Even Jeter thinks staying retired will be difficult for Rodriguez. Remember he didn't voluntarily walk away, like Teix the MFY were going to cut him so they let him step down to preserve his fwagile little ego.

The Miami speculation has been going on for some time. He's from there and played a couple games at 1B ( which is where they would put him ). Then with Stanton out they are scrambling trying to find power now. *rod lacks that currently though. If only there was a pharmacist that could help.
just the thought of ARod playing 1st base at his age is ridiculous. just when the fans want him out of the game for everything he has done, now there are "some fans" that would love to have him play on their team because the team has a void to fill.
see how this works everybody?