Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

Pierce Foreskin wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:17 am
killeverything wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:22 pm David Ortiz shot in the leg during botched robbery attempt in Dominican Republic.
Turns out it wasn't his leg, but a shot through the back that exited his stomach. Shitty news to start a day.
Yeah, and it wasn't a botched robbery. It was an attempted assasination.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Daily Mail UK: Ex-Boston Red Sox star David 'Big Papi' Ortiz was shot in a Dominican Republic bar by 'two cops hired by a drug lord who believed the baseball hero was having an affair with his wife'.

Take that as you will as the story changes by the hour.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:58 am Daily Mail UK: Ex-Boston Red Sox star David 'Big Papi' Ortiz was shot in a Dominican Republic bar by 'two cops hired by a drug lord who believed the baseball hero was having an affair with his wife'.

Take that as you will as the story changes by the hour.
The story keeps getting cooler though.

The Red Sox are looking into flying him on their private jet back to Boston to recover.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Edwin Encarcion traded to MFY for the remaining 15m on his contract and RHP prospect. If only teams with no pitching won in the Playoffs.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

A's pitcher Frankie Montas suspended 80 games ( including playoffs ) for testing positive of a banned substance. He was in the midst of a breakout season too.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

The NYY infield and the entire CUBS outfield could start the All-Star Game as the first phase finalists were announced Friday night....Not to mention 1B, SS, Catcher and every other position their click happy clown fan base can vote on....."No idea about this new format but it looks like the same ole rabid fan voting not worth watching shit results"

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/270 ... -start-asg

The CUBS all star OF - #8 Kyle Schwarber, #4 Albert Almora Jr. and #5 Jason Heyward combined = 1.8 WAR
Yelich = 4.6 WAR
Bellinger = 5.3 WAR
Bryan Reynolds (Rookie) = 1.9 WAR

Schwarber, Almora Jr. and Heyward combined = 33HR, 74RBI's, .245AVGish
Yelich = 29HR, 62RBI's, .349AVG
Bellinger = 25HR, 61RBI's, .356AVG
#9 - Charlie Blackmon = 17HR, 48RBI's, .336AVG

1B
#3 Anthony Rizzo = 19HR, 53RBI's, 277AVG = 948,047 VOTES
#5 Pete Alonso (ROOKIE) = 25HR, 59RBI's .271AVG = 319,256 VOTES

2B
#6 CUBS Daniel Descalso: 2HR, 15RBI's, .189AVG = 410,122 VOTES

3b
#2 Kris Bryant (200-SO ROY) Cubs -- 850,758 VOTES: 19HR, 53RBI's, 277AVG, 2.8WAR
#5 Anthony Rendon, Nationals -- 378,761 VOTES: 17HR, 52RBI's, .313AVG, 3.1WAR

:lol:
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:30 pm The NYY infield and the entire CUBS outfield could start the All-Star Game as the first phase finalists were announced Friday night....Not to mention 1B, SS, Catcher and every other position their click happy clown fan base can vote on....."No idea about this new format but it looks like the same ole rabid fan voting not worth watching shit results"

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/270 ... -start-asg

The CUBS all star OF - #8 Kyle Schwarber, #4 Albert Almora Jr. and #5 Jason Heyward combined = 1.8 WAR
Yelich = 4.6 WAR
Bellinger = 5.3 WAR
Bryan Reynolds (Rookie) = 1.9 WAR

Schwarber, Almora Jr. and Heyward combined = 33HR, 74RBI's, .245AVGish
Yelich = 29HR, 62RBI's, .349AVG
Bellinger = 25HR, 61RBI's, .356AVG
#9 - Charlie Blackmon = 17HR, 48RBI's, .336AVG

1B
#3 Anthony Rizzo = 19HR, 53RBI's, 277AVG = 948,047 VOTES
#5 Pete Alonso (ROOKIE) = 25HR, 59RBI's .271AVG = 319,256 VOTES

2B
#6 CUBS Daniel Descalso: 2HR, 15RBI's, .189AVG = 410,122 VOTES

3b
#2 Kris Bryant (200-SO ROY) Cubs -- 850,758 VOTES: 19HR, 53RBI's, 277AVG, 2.8WAR
#5 Anthony Rendon, Nationals -- 378,761 VOTES: 17HR, 52RBI's, .313AVG, 3.1WAR

The ASG is a fucking joke. It's like when Mike Piazza was hitting below the Mendoza Line and still was the top vote getter for the NL's catcher.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I forget when shit went retarded but remember the KC Royals All Star game for starters.....It's sucks worse than the NFL and now the ProBowl is in Orlando FLA and no one watches......Then their was the 2016 ALL CUBS Bandwagon game, the entire fucking infield vs Boston: AL 4 - NL 2
C: Buster Posey, Giants
1B: Anthony Rizzo, Cubs
2B: Ben Zobrist, Cubs
3B: Kris Bryant, Cubs
SS: Addison Russell, Cubs
OF: Bryce Harper, Nationals
OF: Yoenis Cespedes, Mets
OF: Dexter Fowler, Cubs

C: Salvador Perez, Royals
1B: Eric Hosmer, Royals
2B: Jose Altuve, Astros
3B: Manny Machado, Orioles
SS: Xander Bogaerts, Red Sox
OF: Mike Trout, Angels
OF: Jackie Bradley Jr., Red Sox
OF: Mookie Betts, Red Sox
DH: David Ortiz, Red Sox

---------------------------------------

I seen Harper toss his bat in disgust after a POP UP that carried over the fence but someone else a few days ago slammed his bat to the ground said "FUCK" then noticed his pop up went over the wall...I've been trying to find that video with no luck, he totally tipped it out for a HR...Now announcers are shutting up about it...OH THE WINDS BLOWING OUT TODAY! Harper wristed that over the ivy, wind or not.

I should just give up, the Baseballs are juiced and the ball should be suspended for 90 games.......Rawlings the Alex Rodriguez signature series ball of MLB. Honestly I hate it, it's bugging me. I looked at this games stats recently and shook my head.

SF vs LAD
Dodgers - 1st Taylor homered to left center (379 feet), Turner scored and Bellinger scored. 0-3
Dodgers - 2nd Garlick homered to center (413 feet). 0-4
Dodgers - 3rd Verdugo hit sacrifice fly to left, Bellinger scored, Taylor to third. 0-5
Dodgers - 3rd Martin singled to right center, Taylor scored. 0-6
Giants - - 4th Austin homered to right center (389 feet). 1-6
Dodgers - 5th Taylor homered to left (426 feet). 1-7
Giants - 6th Yastrzemski homered to center (384 feet). 2-7
Dodgers - 7th Bellinger homered to center (416 feet), Freese scored. 2-9 F

8 off 6 HR's, a sac fly and a single.

-----------------

Ya I liked it when Greinke homered twice and fanned 10 VS Padres...Speaking of which, Greinke (3) went deep vs LAD today.

-----------------------------------------------------

Another no looker chick got hit yesterday @ LAD.........The Nets are going to the foul pole. Looks like my favorite seats are Club Level now......A Prius gets plowed by an SUV, blame the SUV....
Like a 150 years of baseball back to the 1800's and now it's "Goldbloom declined a possible moment of silence for his wife, saying, "We don't need their sympathy. We want action."........Better chance of winning the lotto if YOU'RE paying attention, more chance of getting hurt falling out of the tub. Leave your bug spray in the lower cabinets and bring your kids down the line.

Record: 3 games in a row LAD had 3 Rookies hit Walk OFF HR's vs Colorado.....Every time they play the Rocks and win they go into a slump bet they lose the AZ series.

--------------------------------

Yanks tie record with HR's in 27 straight games. Make MLB base jogging an Olympic Sport.

-------------------------------------

Fan Gets Destroyed By Security Guards @ Atlanta then Diaz takes out another. :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm4i0J8BvVM
Fan Gets Destroyed By Security Guards
https://thespun.com/more/mlb/video-fan- ... t-mlb-game
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

MLB EUROPE: Manfred wants to see games in more cities...........As long as it's NY vs BOS.......50R's in two games... :lol:

Gm1 = 30R's, 16 Pitchers......Red Sox starter Rick Porcello set the stage by lasting a career-worst one-third of an inning. Yankee starter Masahiro Tanaka survived only an out longer. The first inning lasted 58 minutes, with four different pitchers throwing a total of 92 pitches. :shock:

There were only three scoreless innings the entire game – including the eighth and ninth.
It was so gruesome for pitchers that the two teams combined to cough up 23 runs and 27 hits after just 4 ½ innings, including seven doubles and four home runs.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/m ... 607840001/

Oh and NY's HR game streak record continues on....Who cares what it's at now, 30 something?
----------------

I think I heard 385" to center? I find the NFL games around the globe stupid not big on it in leaking into Baseball, NFL players don't seem to enjoy the lag across the pond but MLB seemed to enjoy it......It's odd watching them I can do without LAD in Mexico let alone NYY vs Boston in London but whatever $$$$....

Cardinals vs Nationals @ Montreal!

Tampa vs The Fish @ Haiti!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I noticed the Wrastling thread is going to catch the MLB thread soon......Man that's sad.

At least the AS starters turned out better than expected as in OK....Wait, no Harper or Machado? There's one thing 630 Million can't buy. Max got the snub while the AL looks like a log jam.

NL OF runner-up bench warmers = Jason Heyward, Kyle Schwarber, Albert Almora Jr...*Cough* *Cough* speaking of the CUBS.

CUBS vs Reds = Bartman'd
Good games replay, Maddon's gonna burst a blood vessel.
https://www.cubshq.com/update/WATCH-Que ... nity-26835

Meanwhile, CUBS fall back into a tie for 1st with the Brew Cure, 5.5 games separates the entire division.

Reading that CUBSHQ.com site is full on comedy. Red's troll CUBS!
Reds players troll Pedro Strop with 'stupid' comments following Sunday's game.
https://www.cubshq.com/update/WATCH-Red ... game-26840

"Following their 8-6 win over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday, several players from the Cincinnati Reds made "stupid" remarks. The comments themselves were not stupid. Rather, stupidity made up the theme of them. Trolling Cubs reliever Pedro Strop, who called Reds right fielder Yasiel Puig "stupid" after the infamous incident on Saturday involving a suspect hit by pitch from Strop that Puig felt to be intentional, the Reds used their victory in the series finale as an opportunity to get back at Strop."

"Just to go out, battle and have a stupid good win is kinda nice." :lol:
Last edited by UtahRatt on Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Oh Kill, I got an extra "Get it out of the ocean" shirt if you want....... :oops:

Bum is one of my favorite but he went full on Roger Clemens vs Piazza on that Max HR.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:58 pm Oh Kill, I got an extra "Get it out of the ocean" shirt if you want....... :oops:

Bum is one of my favorite but he went full on Roger Clemens vs Piazza on that Max HR.

That was pretty funny. I've always dug the pissed large starters. Beckett, Clemens, Ryan, Gibson, etc.

Munson bats the Mendoza line off Bumgarner, so it's not like he's Trout vs. any pitcher ever. But Bumgarner made an ass out of himself.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:52 pm
UtahRatt wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:58 pm Oh Kill, I got an extra "Get it out of the ocean" shirt if you want....... :oops:

That was pretty funny. I've always dug the pissed large starters. Beckett, Clemens, Ryan, Gibson, etc.

Munson bats the Mendoza line off Bumgarner, so it's not like he's Trout vs. any pitcher ever. But Bumgarner made an ass out of himself.
I dig pitchers like Clemens and Bum in the same way, you have to be a bit of a cock at their level.

Anyway it was funny, on goes the rivalry.
I bought a Boston helmet during Clemens Rookie/early seasons, liked the dude thought he was gonna be great then he chumped out my Catcher and it pissed me off Pizza didn't have the balls to toss the bat back...That was my reaction when it happen like WTF rush the mound bitch! I will always have mad prop's for Pizza after watching him come up, all the games he knocked the Colorado crowed silent and shit but that one broken bat took bite out of his cool factor...He listened to METAL and played the drums but wouldn't rush Clemens? Meow...

Mike Piazza Playing Drums! Los Angeles Dodgers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7TCI_XXeBc
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:23 pm
killeverything wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:52 pm

I dig pitchers like Clemens and Bum in the same way, you have to be a bit of a cock at their level.

Anyway it was funny, on goes the rivalry.
I bought a Boston helmet during Clemens Rookie/early seasons, liked the dude thought he was gonna be great then he chumped out my Catcher and it pissed me off Pizza didn't have the balls to toss the bat back...That was my reaction when it happen like WTF rush the mound bitch! I will always have mad prop's for Pizza after watching him come up, all the games he knocked the Colorado crowed silent and shit but that one broken bat took bite out of his cool factor...He listened to METAL and played the drums but wouldn't rush Clemens? Meow...

Mike Piazza Playing Drums! Los Angeles Dodgers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7TCI_XXeBc
Clemens is a big dude with roid rage.

I ain't sayin' Piazza's a pussy for not charging Clemens, but I understand.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Ya, Roid vs Roid I think Clemens woulda pounded Piazza.

July 22nd, It's about that time......I feel the Twins will start their fold. 60W - 38L - .612PCT +111-DIFF....Lost 2 of 3 from the Tribe, Met's swept 2 and they split the A's.....
I've backed the Tribe since 96 then in 16 "they so should have vs pure luck".......I'm still holding out Cleveland can take the Central and shock someone.

Nice to see the Giants reach .500 and get into the thick of the middle. The Rocks have totally let me down. Please don't let Bum go to NY. For all he's done The Giants should eat him like Kershaw. He'd make Atlanta or the Brewers interesting but if he has to go, go to the AL Twins so LAD don't have to see him again. The Ker vs Bum match ups as they age on would be great.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Derek Holland DFA by SF. Picked up by Cubs ( he has excellent numbers against LHBs ) for cash.

Homer Bailey to A's for miLB IF Kevin Merril.

Dierkman to A's from KC for two mid level prospects.

Toronto trades Stroman to Mets for Kay and Woods-Richardson. Stroman went to the wrong NY :lol:

"Savages In The Box....Kittens On The Mound." What's Cashman gonna do about pitching?

*ETA

Matt Garvey DFA by Angels.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:32 pm Left-hander Logan Allen is going to Cleveland as part of the three-way deal for Trevor Bauer, according to a source.

Other pieces known so far:

- Trevor "Hissy Fit" Bauer to Cincinnati
- Yasiel Puig to Cleveland
- OF prospect Taylor Trammell to San Diego
Cincy gets Bauer? I know Houston was into him.

Stroman to the Mets. Bauer to the Reds. Didn't see these coming at all.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:48 pm
killeverything wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:54 pm
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:32 pm Left-hander Logan Allen is going to Cleveland as part of the three-way deal for Trevor Bauer, according to a source.

Other pieces known so far:

- Trevor "Hissy Fit" Bauer to Cincinnati
- Yasiel Puig to Cleveland
- OF prospect Taylor Trammell to San Diego
Cincy gets Bauer? I know Houston was into him.

Stroman to the Mets. Bauer to the Reds. Didn't see these coming at all.
.....and to think Bauer's last pitch for the Indians was a 100mph fastball over the Royals centerfield wall!

Updated trade info per Jeff Passan.....

What we know about monster Indians-Reds-Padres three-way trade, per sources:

Cincinnati gets: RHP Trevor Bauer

Cleveland gets: OF Franmil Reyes, LHP Logan Allen, OF Yasiel Puig, 3B Victor Nova (per @AJCassavell)

San Diego gets: OF Taylor Trammell

LHP Scott Moss also involved

CRAZY Reds vs Pirates brawl! Puig still fightin for Reds after being traded and Reds manager who had previously been ejected came out of clubhouse to go after Pirates manager Clint Hurdle. Lots of suspensions gonna be handed down for this one I'm guessin!

https://youtu.be/ESmztUazxOw
Dan Szymborski at fangraphs analyzes the deal from all sides. It is fascinating.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/trevor-baue ... rses-ohio/

Girardi still believes Bauer will be flipped.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:09 pm Astros added SP's Aaron Sanchez and Zack Greinke.

Verlander: 2.74 ERA, 196 Ks
Greinke 2.87 ERA, 128 Ks
Cole: 2.94 ERA, 212 Ks

My A's are F-U-C-K-E-D!!!

Everyone is.
Your 2019 leaders in WHIP:
1-Justin Verlander 0.81
2-Zack Greinke 0.94
5-Gerrit Cole 1.00
Dear God.

AZ got a haul too.
Corbin Martin, J.B. Bukauskas, Seth Beer and Josh Rojas are headed to the Diamondbacks for Zack Greinke, source tells ESPN.
Fangraphs has them as #3, #4, #11, and unlisted
MLB.com has them as #5, #4, #3, and #22

That's a lot of talent.

Ok. Rundown time.

Braves acquire Chris Martin from TX for Kolby Allard.

Rays got Jesus Aguiliar from the Brewers for reliever Jacob Faria.

Astros get Martin Maldonado from Cubs for Tony Kemp.

SF trades Pomeranz to Brewers for Maricio Dubon. Wow. Someone took Pomeranz?

Mariners send Hunter Strickland to Washington for AA LHP Aaron Fletcher. I like this for the M's and Harper is gone so it's "cool" if Strickland comes around now. :lol:

DBacks getting SP Zac Gallen from Marlins for SS prospect Jazz Chisholm.

Pirates send outfielder Corey Dickerson to the Phillies

Reds announce deal, RHP Tanner Roark to #Athletics for OF Jameson Harrah.

LAD gets Jed Gyorko from StL.

Braves get Mark Melancon from SF. Man, did that guy fall hard. This is like his 5th? trade.

Miami RP Nick Anderson and SP Trevor Richards to Tampa for RP Ryne Stanek and top OF prospect Jesus Sanchez. Good cash in for the Marlins.

Cubs get Nick Castellanos and Astros get Aaron Sanchez.

Twins get Sam Dyson from SF.

Dan Straily from O's to Phils

Carl Edwards, Jr. from Cubs to Padres
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

I don't have a clue what's going but this is better than the WWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU-ESpiwV4o
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I heard the Astros are holding their WS parade on Monday just to get it over with? Good Games Houston...Money Ball!
I'm sticking with my CUBS pick, god I'd love to see them take on a team like that even if their fans would say....At least we made it in the same breath as "your team lost twice!"

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Braves are still 1st in the NL East, and I would LOVE to see the ATL upset the Dodgers and Houston for a long-awaited WS win! Chop on, boys!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

:D
dmbrocker wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:04 pm Braves are still 1st in the NL East, and I would LOVE to see the ATL upset the Dodgers and Houston for a long-awaited WS win! Chop on, boys!
I can't see anyone stopping Houston. The only way they fell in the standings was because of players on the DL. Even then it wasn't very far.

Jeff Luhknow is Billy Beane with a bank acccount. The amount of talent they had in the farm to acquire Greinke is insane ( they also take on 50m of his contract ). I'm not sure where their post-trade rankings sit now.

Atlanta is heading in the right direction though. We'll just have to see what Greene and Melancon do on their new bullpen.

Speaking of which Greene made this statement after being acquired by Atlanta from the last place Tigers and enduring the trade speculation prior:

" The best way to describe it,” Greene said of trade-deadline speculation, “is your girlfriend texts you and says we need to talk. And then you call her and she doesn’t answer. So you sit by your phone and you wait to see what happens.” :lol:

*ETA

The Houston Astros new addition just threw a 4 man no-hitter in a 9-0 win over Seattle. Sanchez, Harris, Biangi, and Devenski.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:24 am :D
dmbrocker wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:04 pm Braves are still 1st in the NL East, and I would LOVE to see the ATL upset the Dodgers and Houston for a long-awaited WS win! Chop on, boys!
I can't see anyone stopping Houston. The only way they fell in the standings was because of players on the DL. Even then it wasn't very far.
No one's stopping Houston.
I'm down with Atlanta trying and wouldn't even call it an upset vs LAD....But to hear that stupid stolen "Raciest Chant" all the way to the WS would drive me nuts, I prefer the mock version cupping the shaft n balls. :wink:

2013 NLDS - Los Angeles Dodgers over Atlanta Braves (3-1) Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhh Ahhhhhh!

Yeah, the "Tomahawk Chop" bugs me. Here's why.
https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/5/1/4 ... -heres-why

Clearly it's something that has to be taught, bust out the crayons for Braves fans with their new shirt! :lol:
https://deadspin.com/atlanta-braves-who ... 1832856062

Please, Somebody Stop Atlanta Braves Fans From Chopping
https://www.forbes.com/sites/terencemoo ... 39b55545d9
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:59 am
killeverything wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:24 am :D
No one's stopping Houston.
I'm down with Atlanta trying and wouldn't even call it an upset vs LAD....But to hear that stupid stolen "Raciest Chant" all the way to the WS would drive me nuts, I prefer the mock version cupping the shaft n balls. :wink:

2013 NLDS - Los Angeles Dodgers over Atlanta Braves (3-1) Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhhhh Ahhhh Ahhhhhh!

Yeah, the "Tomahawk Chop" bugs me. Here's why.
https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/5/1/4 ... -heres-why

Clearly it's something that has to be taught, bust out the crayons for Braves fans with their new shirt! :lol:
https://deadspin.com/atlanta-braves-who ... 1832856062

Please, Somebody Stop Atlanta Braves Fans From Chopping
https://www.forbes.com/sites/terencemoo ... 39b55545d9
Didn't they steal that from a college team too ( Boston did it with "Sweet Caroline" )?

It never bothered me personally, but I was barely aware of it until that time in the late 80s/early 90s when every kid kinda liked the Braves a little bit, and the Chipper Jones First Round Draft Pick card was gold.

I can see how that shit needs to go now though.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

MLB Players Weekend is coming up. Here is a list of all the names.

https://www.mlb.com/news/2019-mlb-playe ... -nicknames

How the hell is Jacoby Ellsbury's not "DL?"
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Mariners utility man Tim Beckham suspended 80 games after testing positive for PEDs.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:45 pmDidn't they steal that from a college team too ( Boston did it with "Sweet Caroline" )?

It never bothered me personally, but I was barely aware of it until that time in the late 80s/early 90s when every kid kinda liked the Braves a little bit, and the Chipper Jones First Round Draft Pick card was gold.

I can see how that shit needs to go now though.
Florida State Seminoles staked claim long ago then you have the Kansas City Chiefs who I think was playing Florida to use it at one time? I think Atlanta changed it a tad to avoid $$$, either way it's a rip off GO-TEAM-GO....It's something that just got old after all the FLA, KC and Braves games since like the 90's it's gone full retarded.....It wasn't till the 2013 NLDS that pushed me over but when it went back to LA the mocking was worth it. I need that 2013 NLDS LAD vs ATL hat big time.

I like Atlanta they've got a solid team....Growing up left me watching a ton of games on WGN and TBS so I became a fan of a lot of players from Dale Murphy, David Justice, Chipper to the best rotation ever but 40 years of chant is like jamming Unskinny Bop at every home game for 4 decades.
I'm not feeling a Dodger WS, I picked the CUBS but I wouldn't bet against Atlanta....The NL teams that last few years are weaker, the CUBS have the players but fell back to being the underachieving cupcakes so maybe their deadline over spending will do it.

--------------------------------------

Who didn't pick the Giants to run out of gas left with players they would have been more aggressive to move. Happy Bum is still in uni after the chatter over the last 2 seasons it seems like borrowed time. They should pull a Clayton and tie him up. They should get out of Cuto's contract before Bum's.

---------

Laugh of the week, Topps Baseball Card Misprint Turns Cleveland's Pitcher Shane Bieber Into Justin Bieber. Misprint my ass.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I'm digging the A's, Ray's and Indians race to go with the Twins, I seen the A's retired Dave Stewart's jersey, WS = LAD vs OAK! MLB was talking about him and the HOF. I liked him, that string of 20+w and WS runs was impressive but...NAAAA? Oddly he won a WS with LA then lost a WS vs LA before he earth quaked the 89 Giants.

Boston 6 out! Whatz all dat about.......Get hot or stick a fork?
Who's that leave to knock out Houston, NYY? As much as I hate the Yankees I'd pull for them to down the stro's...It's a shame they couldn't add Strasburg to the rotation...I hate their roster...They're OP as fuck like Captain Marvel.

The superball era still sucks, Yankees add to their HR's in a month record 64 and counting. Watching MLB Quick Pitch is watching one hour of balls leave the park....There's another pop up over the fence.....To deep center...

I'm starting to like the Nat's and Braves, now the Card's...The NL is up for grabs if this keeps up. the Wild Card is crazy when the fucking Giants and D-Backs are 4.5 back from the CUBS and playing .500 ball........Joe Maddon = Dusty Baker.

Faith in the Brewers is falling.

---------------------------------------------------------

The MLB players weekend jersey's were butt fugly someone should be fired......Total eye sore, I couldn't watch or tell who's playing....Black vs White
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Fat Panda out for season with TJ surgery.

Tyler Skaggs autopsy report released. Pitcher died from choking on his own vomit after mixing alcohol, Fentanyl, and Oxycodone. The family has hired an investigator to see how he acquired the drugs ( rumor is it was someone in the Angels org ).

Why? This kind of shit pisses me off, yeah it's sad he died and blah, blah, blah, but he was a fucking adult that chose to take it. Sorry your little "angel" ( no pun intended ) did drugs and died. It's no ones fault but his own.