Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by UtahRatt »

Max Muncy's out with a small fracture/crack in his right wrist. "No definitive time table for return but he’s hopeful it’s just 1-2 weeks."

Kenley Jansen choked another tonight, blown more saves this season then the last 2 combined....They reached last years WS power ranked in the 8th spot but with their pen I wont be surprised if they lose to anyone in the playoffs.

Not sure who to root for, the Nat's or Braves.....Twins just set the MLB record in HR's....PEB's?

killeverything wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:10 pmTyler Skaggs autopsy report released. Pitcher died from choking on his own vomit after mixing alcohol, Fentanyl, and Oxycodone. The family has hired an investigator to see how he acquired the drugs ( rumor is it was someone in the Angels org ).

Why? This kind of shit pisses me off, yeah it's sad he died and blah, blah, blah, but he was a fucking adult that chose to take it. Sorry your little "angel" ( no pun intended ) did drugs and died. It's no ones fault but his own.

These story's drive me up the wall...There's nothing naive about it.
"Fentanyl" His source was pulling Oxy off the streets? You have everything going toss it away and blow a hole in your family chocking on your own vomit...Including the FU to your team and fans.
"That is completely out of character for someone who worked so hard to become a Major League Baseball player"
Sounds like it was right up his ally...Of course they'll blame it on someone else. Every version says "Police are looking into who he got the drugs from" because it's clearly their fault. I got a great idea Skaggs, lets wash these street Oxy's down with a bottle of Jack! AWESOME!

Tyler and Jose Fernandez will have a lot to talk about, oddly when you google "Marlins pitcher dies" it shows a pic of Fernandez's boat face planted into a rock pile with a link to Tyler Skaggs story....

Just like I've always wanted to snort a pile of coke put down a couple bottles of tequila and go speed boating at 3am!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

PEB's.....With a month to go records have been falling like Panda rounding 2nd, how many more?

The Dodgers broke the franchise HR record "235" " Sept 1st with "238" and should break the NL "249" record held by the...2000 NL Astros
The Twins pushing the young MLB record of "267" with LAD, HOU and NYY on pace to break it as well.
The Orioles broke record for most home runs allowed in a season last month at 260 beating the Red's 2016 season
NY broke the most HR's in a month
MLB broke the most HR's in a month.....Three times so far?
HR per game average 1.41sh will take over 1.20
Strike outs per game 8.73ish is easily the highest
Most 2HR, 3HR.....Multi HR games......

15 teams on pace to break their franchise HR's.....

I think MLB will play down or flat out wont list all the PEB records it would run off the page. I did laugh at this quote about the Dodgers setting the franchise record.
"This record being broken so early in the season is a serious testament to the amount of power and talent on the 2019 Dodgers roster." :lol:
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Cyd
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Cyd »

I'm all excited over Cardinals. Did you see they're THREE games ahead of Cubbies? Serious drama. Packed house at every game. We need that World Series trophy to go with the Stanley Cup. Don't hate. xoxo
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I didn't see the Card's coming.....But with the typical under achieving ChUB's....Go Card's! The A's hanging in there is awesome if they don't make it I'll be disappointed at this point.

The Braves have been hot the NL playoff's and the WC race should be crazy while the AL....I still can't see any team beating the Stro's in the Post.

I watched Jansen close the other day and holy fuck he makes Russell Martin look like Trevor Hoffman he can't find the zone or hit the mid 90's. LAD has been tinkering with bullpen games but come October with their lack of pen, "starter fatigue" and no closer they'll have to pull a rabbit out of their ass to get past the Divisional.....Their magic number is at 2 and they're falling apart. The NL is up for grabs, right now I like the Braves chances.....Then again, it's been a wacky NL season.

It don't matter really the AL should win the WS without much troubles again.

PEB's has changed the game, something I can't like or get use to.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Yelich out for season after fracturing kneecap.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Braves and Yankees clinch their divisions today. I hope ATL is ready to finally push through to the World Series...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Cyd
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Cyd »

Poor Cubs. They got beat again today. Four game SWEEP for Cardinals. I'm so glad. They just keep coming back. And they clinch a playoff spot in October. Headed for Arizona.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Justin Verlander notches strikeout #3,000 and 300 K for the season.

Trivia. Verlander wasn't the only pitcher to have his 3,000K not be recorded an out ( runner reached first on passed ball ). Randy Johnson's number 3K in 2000 was the same thing.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:37 pm A's clinch Wild Card spot!

To clinch home-field advantage tonight, the A's must beat the Mariners and the Rays must lose which they didn't!

A's lead 1-0 right now due to Marcus Semien leading off the game with a solo HR!
Congrats to the A's and Ray's vs $$$$$$$$
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Cyd wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:46 pm Poor Cubs. They got beat again today. Four game SWEEP for Cardinals. I'm so glad. They just keep coming back. And they clinch a playoff spot in October. Headed for Arizona.
How about dem CUBS! Blew 9 in a row down the stretch! :P

Joe Maddon = Dusty Baker

The CUBS are back in town..........Didn't they have like 11 AllStars?
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:28 pm Braves and Yankees clinch their divisions today. I hope ATL is ready to finally push through to the World Series...
The Braves have a great shot if they face LAD I'd favor Atlanta. LAD's pen could easily fold vs Acuna, Freeman...Then followed up with Donaldson and those bats, it's a solid line up.....If the Braves face the Dodgers and get to their Pen early the Braves will take um.

That will be a good series if they get past the divisional.

Meanwhile, in Houston the Championship hat's should already be printed.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:30 am Let's see if Kershaw crumbles again! Lots of my Dodgers friend are worried he'll flake out!
Why do you have to bring Dennis Eckersley into this? 8)
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

You clearly don't have any friends who are TRU Dodger fans!
Kenley Jansen taking the mound in the 9th is the most frighting for the team, he's lost it and gonna get rocked...The Card's and piss managing are the reason why Kershaw has some bad numbers....7 NLDS 5W 3L....."2L vs Cards"....Ridden like a horse it's all down hill from there....Now he's in the low 90's and still leading them to the playoffs.....16W 5L, 3.05ERA

It's gonna come down to PEB's HR's and Strike Outs....Who gets the most....I'd kill to see the A's vs LAD repeat, I'll root for them but think the A's will be one and done with Tampa.

Who's Kill rooting for, NY or LAD? :twisted:

The very worst home runs of the 2019 season
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/276 ... 019-season
We could do an entire list of cheap home runs hit between sections 100 and 104 in Houston. The Astros and their opponents have hit 61 more home runs in Houston this year, in large degree because of that short porch in left field (the left-field line is just 315 feet from home plate).
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:59 am Who's Kill rooting for, NY or LAD? :twisted:
It's my fucking nightmare, BUT if worst comes to worst LA.

It's not possible for me to root for NY. Not just because I've always hated them, I hate their fucking fanbase more than the org. I know a lot....not one is from NY....or ever been there.

"Derek Jeter was the alltime greatest!"
"27 ringgssss!"
"Savages in da box!"

Fuck you.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bummer, I felt the A's would have a better shot in a series than a stupid one off WC game. I didn't like the idea of starting Manaea "All my A's friends said they was scared he would crumble!".......Really with his short season I'd started someone else with him off the bench.

It was a great run, MLB's highest payroll team Boston is sitting home while the A's made the regular season interesting, it sucks they fell I'd rather seen the Tribe in the WC since that's the case. Not a Ray's fan but respect what they've done......I so wanted the A's in a series, not a fan of the WC.........All season fighting for that one game go the fuck home postseason spot.

LAD is troubled between Jansen and the pen they're doomed and don't see a 3peat, they would have taken the Brewers but as it sits Washington's staff could give them a run. I'm liking the Brave's chances to get spanked by Houston in the WC. AlsooonAh!

Fuck I hate the AL......

killeverything wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:42 amIt's my fucking nightmare, BUT if worst comes to worst LA.

It's not possible for me to root for NY. Not just because I've always hated them, I hate their fucking fanbase more than the org. I know a lot....not one is from NY....or ever been there.

"27 ringgssss!"
"Savages in da box!"

Fuck you.
NY like Cowboy fans it should be allowed to slap them in the face with a large trout.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bummer, I felt the A's would have a better shot in a series than a stupid one off WC game. I didn't like the idea of starting Manaea "All my A's friends said they was scared he would crumble!".......Really with his short season I'd started someone else with him off the bench.

It was a great run, MLB's highest payroll team Boston is sitting home while the A's made the regular season interesting, it sucks they fell I'd rather seen the Tribe in the WC since that's the case. Not a Ray's fan but respect what they've done......I so wanted the A's in a series, not a fan of the WC.........All season fighting for that one game go the fuck home postseason spot.

LAD is troubled between Jansen and the pen they're doomed and don't see a 3peat, they would have taken the Brewers but as it sits Washington's staff could give them a run. I'm liking the Brave's chances to get spanked by Houston in the WC. AlsooonAh!

Fuck I hate the AL......

killeverything wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:42 amIt's my fucking nightmare, BUT if worst comes to worst LA.

"27 ringgssss!"
"Savages in da box!"

Fuck you.
NY like Cowboy fans it should be allowed to slap them in the face with a large trout.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Seriously, why is it that the Braves can never seem to have a halfway decent bullpen? Here's hoping they don't blow it the rest of the way...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:36 pm Seriously, why is it that the Braves can never seem to have a halfway decent bullpen? Here's hoping they don't blow it the rest of the way...
He's getting a lot of shit they've been trashing him all day long on MLB.........Buttttt....
Maybe the pen is following the hustling lead of "Acuna''s Jr" off the wall SINGLE! Is it possible to wear more bling? He and Baez should be BBf's. Even Freddie was frustrated with Puig Jr....That said I don't want to see him vs LAD.
I can't see the Braves dropping the series and chalked it up as an ugly freak game. It was ugly to watch. The Braves Pen how about the Card's infield blunders. I see RP Chris Martin is out for the series, not sure how much that means to them.

I'm betting they destroy the Card's staff here on out.

FOX pulled their channels from Dish then fuckers, can't watch the Stro's game. They should be able to sue, pulling their channels and asking for a double digit raise just before a major event is jacked up.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

The last pitch Melancon threw to end the game was nasty.............Entertaining 9th.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

( Including the Playoffs ) since 2002 the Twins are 37-100 vs. the MFY.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:18 pm How'd Kershaw do last night? My Dodger friends seem pretty upset today!
Kershaw is as Kershaw does.....in the Playoffs.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

I remember this conversation. And now that Tampa is in the post-season........are the Rays still experimenting with their pitching or are they back to the classic "starting pitcher" role?

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:32 am
FullDJacket wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:29 am Can I ask a stupid question since I'm not a baseball guy...if statistically, at away games, all pitchers struggle during the first inning.....why would it be preposterous to use a closer during the first inning when you're on the road?....like this caller suggests:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NImPEgS-lbM
I believe that Tampa was doing that last year.

How about those undefeated Phils? I think this Harper kid may be good someday.
killeverything wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:17 pm
FullDJacket wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:29 am Can I ask a stupid question since I'm not a baseball guy...if statistically, at away games, all pitchers struggle during the first inning.....why would it be preposterous to use a closer during the first inning when you're on the road?....like this caller suggests:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NImPEgS-lbM
Bill James wrote about using your closer in a situation where you need to keep runs off the board, not just for the 9th inning.

The problem, and one of the reasons the MLBPA would never allow it is you would lose the 'Saves' stat. Although technically it makes a lot of sense to have your Rivera come in the 7th or 8th if need be.
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:32 am How about those undefeated Phils? I think this Harper kid may be good someday.
I could I swear remember reading scouts raving about Harper in a Top Prospect book a while back. I know I've heard of him before.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:02 pm Yet, UtahRatt mocked me for my post about Kershaw and what did he do? He crumbled last night, in the playoffs!
YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND KERSHAW!
After you said your Dodger friends was worried Kershaw would flake out......At the Bank yesterday the cashier went off on my hat saying he's a life long LAD fan, during the long conversation he said "I always get shaky when Kershaw takes the mound"....I wanted to punch both of you guys.

Whatever Billy Beane! He gave up 3ER over 6IP, one in the 1ST...Two in the 2nd then 4 blank innings......WHERE'S THE BATS?

He's blown a few but the numbers don't tell the story. People remember the shit while overlooking a few like.
2017 WS vs Houston GM1 = 7IP 1ER 10SO....GM5-Loss....GM7 tossed 4 scoreless after Darvish tipped off 4ER's in 2IP.
2018 NLDS vs Atlanta GM2 = 8IP 2H 0ER
2018 NLCS vs Mil GM5 + GM7 (S) = 8IP 1ER 11SO
2015 NLDS vs NYM GM4 = 7IP 3H 1ER 8SO
2013 NLDS vs Atlanta GM1 & GM4 = 13IP 1ER 18SO
2018 WS beat up by Boston...Team didn't stand a chance yet where are they now?

They remember the 2013 NLDS GM6 vs STL 4IP 7ER but forget GM1 6IP 0ER...Remember the 2014 NLCS when the Cards owned him but destroyed him on one curve the planet seen coming.

I've stated before if anyone watched Kershaw from the start they'd have a difference of opinion...The pitcher I watched was overused, not pulled to 8R's in lack of relief, Don Mattingly personally ruined him and the team in the playoffs and rode him like a horse getting there.

-----------------------------------------------------

During his prime.....
In 2017 from 2013 on, 4 games accounted for about 45 percent of his playoff runs allowed.
He had nine postseason starts of at least six innings with one or zero earned runs allowed, that’s the most in baseball during that span. Kershaw has also allowed five or more runs eight times in his playoff career, the most ever." 'The bullpen has tacked on 8R's so he's had no help there...."

Kershaw does have one inning Yips. Yasmani Grandal was off the postseason roster last year with the Yips then traded to the Brewers and made the AS team...Like John Lester can't throw to 1st base, is he still working on the one hop throw to first? :lol:
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Cards are up 11-0 and it's only the 2nd inning...WHAT. THE. FUCK???
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:58 pm Cards are up 11-0 and it's only the 2nd inning...WHAT. THE. FUCK???
Turned it over and flipped my wig.....10 in the 1st? I'm done trying to figure out the NL.
First I picked the CUB-CAKES and Holy Cow they folded missing the post....Then no way I thought Atlanta would fall to the Cards and woulda bet on it, and lost.....The Nats or Dodgers sure but not the Cards. I still don't think highly of the Card's but damn.
Atlanta's better then that, every team needs a bull pen this year but 10R's in the FIRST INNING is just rude, tough break Tyrone Biggums. Apart from the shit talk I was pulling for the Braves VS Nat's or LAD with ATL going to the WS

I don't want to watch LAD in the WS, they're not built to win it now I don't know what to think but if Tampa beats Houston I'll not only be happy the dream of Tampa vs LAD is that much closer...To get lucky like CHC did vs Cleveland....NYY just say no.

My GF is a Braves fan who use to watch them at the Launching Pad...I told her I'm pouring out a Diet Dp for the Atlanta homies. Only time I like the Cards is when they're playing the CUBS.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:06 pm
dmbrocker wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:58 pm Cards are up 11-0 and it's only the 2nd inning...WHAT. THE. FUCK???
Turned it over and flipped my wig.....10 in the 1st? I'm done trying to figure out the NL.
First I picked the CUB-CAKES and Holy Cow they folded missing the post....Then no way I thought Atlanta would fall to the Cards and woulda bet on it, and lost.....The Nats or Dodgers sure but not the Cards. I still don't think highly of the Card's but damn.
Atlanta's better then that, every team needs a bull pen this year but 10R's in the FIRST INNING is just rude, tough break Tyrone Biggums. Apart from the shit talk I was pulling for the Braves VS Nat's or LAD with ATL going to the WS

I don't want to watch LAD in the WS, they're not built to win it now I don't know what to think but if Tampa beats Houston I'll not only be happy the dream of Tampa vs LAD is that much closer...To get lucky like CHC did vs Cleveland....NYY just say no.

My GF is a Braves fan who use to watch them at the Launching Pad...I told her I'm pouring out a Diet Dp for the Atlanta homies. Only time I like the Cards is when they're playing the CUBS.
I don't know what to think. I had ATL beating the Cards and Verlander not losing to TB. The Rays have built quite a team. I'm happy for them making it as far as they have.

I see Cole finishing them off tomorrow though, at least I hope, because the MFY will pulverize them. "Davages in duh box!"

Baseball isn't about hoping for a good game and the better team wins, or the underdog/small market draft picks get their due. It's about rooting for whoever can beat NY.....and LAD ( sorry, Utah ).
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I knew Kershaw would flake out! Called it all along!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Out of all the arms in the pen I have no idea why they called Kershaw's number, I left to the store when they did then just watched Kelly shutout the 9th and LAD didn't answer so I turned it off it's over, Good games I'm sure when I wake up tomorrow it will be Nat's vs Cards.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Man this tired form DP taking two minutes to load is killing me.

Back to Kershaw, when he was warming up I was shaking my head and hit the store, when I got back to watch Kelly I knew he had to have blown it. With all the arms in the pen he's the last one to use, maybe put him in like the 13 inning or some shit but I said a month ago with Kenley Jansen losing his ability to close they're done, one reliable RP and no closer? Good luck with that.

I no longer like the A's anymore DW, they can suck it! A League Of Their Own > Moneyball! *doh

Kill, ya NYY would stomp Tampa but I"m torn......I like NYY like a root canal and would rather get a rectal examination then watch Houston in the WS again. I'd just enjoy watching this Tampa team make it to the ALCS by taking out one of the monsters...I'd buy a hat and become a fan if they took them both down...They'd make a movie outta that shit.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:37 pm Man this tired form DP taking two minutes to load is killing me.

Back to Kershaw, when he was warming up I was shaking my head and hit the store, when I got back to watch Kelly I knew he had to have blown it. With all the arms in the pen he's the last one to use, maybe put him in like the 13 inning or some shit but I said a month ago with Kenley Jansen losing his ability to close they're done, one reliable RP and no closer? Good luck with that.

I no longer like the A's anymore DW, they can suck it! A League Of Their Own < Moneyball!

Kill, ya NYY would stomp Tampa but I"m torn......I like NYY like a root canal and would rather get a rectal examination then watch Houston in the WS again. I'd just enjoy watching this Tampa team make it to the ALCS by taking out one of the monsters...I'd buy a hat and become a fan if they took them both down...They'd make a movie outta that shit.
IF they did and that's a BIG if.

It's not one I'm willing to risk. Sometimes sacrifice is necessary for the greater good. Look at it like some sort of bassackwards altruism.

You can do it, Utah.