Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:42 am Gerrit Cole: I know the math is gonna be slightly different from year to year due to the contract details but if you extrapolate his 33 starts (Regular Season) last year over 9 years at 324 million it comes out to roughly a million dollars a start. At an average of 6 innings per start that averages out to a little less than 167K per inning. Good work if you can get it.

It's not my money and the Phillies are probably gonna go over the luxury tax this year but that's a lot of cash for someone who throws 6 innings every five days. Makes Zach Wheeler (and even Strasburg) a bargain by comparison.
That contract is absurd, but the NY way is to throw money until they win.

Mazara was traded for Steele Walker, Chicago's #6 ranked prospect. So basically now, Walker is a Texas Ranger and all is right in the world.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

killeverything wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:44 am
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:42 am Gerrit Cole: I know the math is gonna be slightly different from year to year due to the contract details but if you extrapolate his 33 starts (Regular Season) last year over 9 years at 324 million it comes out to roughly a million dollars a start. At an average of 6 innings per start that averages out to a little less than 167K per inning. Good work if you can get it.

It's not my money and the Phillies are probably gonna go over the luxury tax this year but that's a lot of cash for someone who throws 6 innings every five days. Makes Zach Wheeler (and even Strasburg) a bargain by comparison.
That contract is absurd, but the NY way is to throw money until they win.

Mazara was traded for Steele Walker, Chicago's #6 ranked prospect. So basically now, Walker is a Texas Ranger and all is right in the world.
So the Texas Rangers have a guy named Walker on the team now? Somebody should've had Chuck Norris present at that contract signing!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Anthony Rendon and Angels agree to 7/245m.

LAD was planning to go after Cole hard for a long time. Their offer was originally 7/300 with incentives. Supposedly they would have went higher if he didn't immediately jump to NY.

Word is no one wants to play for Houston right now. The penalties are supposed to be announced after the season starts.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

killeverything wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:52 pm Anthony Rendon and Angels agree to 7/245m.

LAD was planning to go after Cole hard for a long time. Their offer was originally 7/300 with incentives. Supposedly they would have went higher if he didn't immediately jump to NY.

Word is no one wants to play for Houston right now. The penalties are supposed to be announced after the season starts.
theres rumore swirling around about a Correa trade too.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

killeverything wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:52 pm Anthony Rendon and Angels agree to 7/245m.

So far on Stephen Strasburg, Anthony Rendon and Gerrit Cole Scott Boras' company has made 40.5 million dollars in commissions. With a bunch of players still to come.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Cy Young award winner :? Rick Porcello and Mets 1/10m.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Bumgarner to D'backs 5/85m with 15m deferred. The fact that no team was willing match 5/100 tells you all you need to know.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

killeverything wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:02 pm Bumgarner to D'backs 5/85m with 15m deferred. The fact that no team was willing match 5/100 tells you all you need to know.
I was surprised at this, I figured He would at least get as much as Wheeler, I hear he wants to stay on the west coast so obviously his rivalry with the dodgers came into play but where were the angels? or the padres? LAA still needs pitching and I would think Madbum would be #1 as far as whats left for SP, maybe I\m out of the loop as far as he goes but i kept hearing Braves, Phils, SD, LA, Tex, pretty much everyone but Arizona, interesting off season unlike last year, and the D backs are an interesting team.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

dtmfs wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:57 pm
killeverything wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:02 pm Bumgarner to D'backs 5/85m with 15m deferred. The fact that no team was willing match 5/100 tells you all you need to know.
I was surprised at this, I figured He would at least get as much as Wheeler, I hear he wants to stay on the west coast so obviously his rivalry with the dodgers came into play but where were the angels? or the padres? LAA still needs pitching and I would think Madbum would be #1 as far as whats left for SP, maybe I\m out of the loop as far as he goes but i kept hearing Braves, Phils, SD, LA, Tex, pretty much everyone but Arizona, interesting off season unlike last year, and the D backs are an interesting team.
I guess AZ was his #1 choice since he has horses there. With Bochy retiring, Kapler replacing him, and the years he wanted. I knew SF was out.

The 5 year requirement put a lot of teams out on him. He has a lot of innings on that arm. All AZ needed was to give him the years. That's a pretty team friendly deal.

Corey Kluber to TX for RHP Emmanuel Chase and OF Delino Deshields.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Ryu to Blue Jays 4/88m
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:48 pm Ryu to Blue Jays 4/88m
WTF? LAD holds onto this life time IR clown till he finally opens up a season and they trade him.....Another Darren Dreifort.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Betances to Mets on 1/10.5m deal with options. He probably could gave gotten more, but wanted to stay in NY ( where he grew up and played the majority of his baseball career.

Encarcion to White Sox 1/12m with options. Chicago is young and interesting with a deep farm and basically have made the Central a 3 team race.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

I was sneaky hoping the Phils would get Betances, their bullpen is shredded. They better hope some guys get healthy because all the Bryce Harpers in the world aren't going to help if you can't hold a fucking lead.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:33 am I was sneaky hoping the Phils would get Betances, their bullpen is shredded. They better hope some guys get healthy because all the Bryce Harpers in the world aren't going to help if you can't hold a fucking lead.
Disappointing off season so far, all the talk was pitching yet they've only signed Wheeler, so....I'm guessing the rotation is going to be
Nola
Wheeler
Arrieta
Eflin
Velasquez/Pivetta
WTF? one guy is not going to fix the fucking pitching, not even Cole would've fixed it. on top of that they added Grigorious and Josh Harrison, Unless they got a huge trade up their sleeve This off season fucking sucks, Must be going after 4th place again.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

dtmfs wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:33 am
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:33 am I was sneaky hoping the Phils would get Betances, their bullpen is shredded. They better hope some guys get healthy because all the Bryce Harpers in the world aren't going to help if you can't hold a fucking lead.
Disappointing off season so far, all the talk was pitching yet they've only signed Wheeler, so....I'm guessing the rotation is going to be
Nola
Wheeler
Arrieta
Eflin
Velasquez/Pivetta
WTF? one guy is not going to fix the fucking pitching, not even Cole would've fixed it. on top of that they added Grigorious and Josh Harrison, Unless they got a huge trade up their sleeve This off season fucking sucks, Must be going after 4th place again.
Klentak didn't rule out getting another starter before spring training which they absolutely need to do. As far as the pitching goes, it seems like this team is gambling once again on everyone being healthy and having bounce back years (Arrieta I'm looking at you especially). This makes no sense to me, the owner said he's willing to spend whatever money necessary to make the team better. Don't even get me started on the bullpen, my hair is already gray thinking about those scrubs.

As far as the positions go, I'm ok with the moves so far. Adding Gregorious means that Segura and Kingery are interchangeable at 2B/3B. Not to mention the fact that 3B Alec Bohm is going to make a strong push for the big team this spring training and will probably be up after his service time rule is fulfilled if he doesn't break camp in Philly. The OF looks good with Harper, McCutchen and Adam Hasely/Roman Quinn and Jay Bruce off the bench. I'd rather see them spend the money on pitching than position players honestly.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:12 am
dtmfs wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:33 am
Nola
Wheeler
Arrieta
Eflin
Velasquez/Pivetta
Klentak didn't rule out getting another starter before spring training which they absolutely need to do. As far as the pitching goes, it seems like this team is gambling once again on everyone being healthy and having bounce back years (Arrieta I'm looking at you especially). This makes no sense to me, the owner said he's willing to spend whatever money necessary to make the team better. Don't even get me started on the bullpen, my hair is already gray thinking about those scrubs.

As far as the positions go, I'm ok with the moves so far. Adding Gregorious means that Segura and Kingery are interchangeable at 2B/3B. Not to mention the fact that 3B Alec Bohm is going to make a strong push for the big team this spring training and will probably be up after his service time rule is fulfilled if he doesn't break camp in Philly. The OF looks good with Harper, McCutchen and Adam Hasely/Roman Quinn and Jay Bruce off the bench. I'd rather see them spend the money on pitching than position players honestly.
Indeed pitching is all I really care about at this point. Though getting Bryant somehow in a trade would be nice, Braves and Nats are looking into a deal for him too though and I know the Braves have better prospects, god that would suck.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

It's shit they didn't move him to the AL now sure whats worse him in another UNI or still in the West...SF should have Kershawed him.

I thought LAD's Division streak would end last season but it looks like this one, I'm guessing with RYU out they're going to bring up Carrot Top May and finish the rebuild with the Farm. Like most, they need PEN help dumping off the Rotation isn't going to help......At least start at the back end. I feel like RYU owes LAD millions in bench parking fee's....Another part of me feels they think his arm is still rubber and he'll be back on the DL.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Astros fire Aj Hinch and Jeff Luhknow in cheating scandal, both are also suspended a year by Manfred. More coming down. The sign stealing was player led and player done with the exception of Alex Cora.

A heavy punishment is rumored to be in the works for Cora and possibly Beltran. More and more evidence is coming out that Cora had a lot to do with it. Other teams implicated in using technology to steal signs are Boston and NYY.

Houston also loses first round picks and is levied a $5m fine.

I think the Red Sox fire Cora too.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Oh man, Cora is gone. Do you think the GM goes too? Precedent set, lack of institutional control and all.

Bill Plaschke from the LA Times wrote an interesting article saying that the 2017 title that Houston "won" should be vacated in the record books. I don't remember it that closely but he points out three games in that series he feels the sign stealing directly impacted the final outcome (not the last game). I'm not an LA fan by any means but you have to feel for those fans.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:05 pm Oh man, Cora is gone. Do you think the GM goes too? Precedent set, lack of institutional control and all.

Bill Plaschke from the LA Times wrote an interesting article saying that the 2017 title that Houston "won" should be vacated in the record books. I don't remember it that closely but he points out three games in that series he feels the sign stealing directly impacted the final outcome (not the last game). I'm not an LA fan by any means but you have to feel for those fans.
There will always be a "what if" concerning their two losses. I still think they would have lost them both though.

Josh Donaldson goes to Minnesota to cower from the MFY 5/92m.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:05 pm Oh man, Cora is gone. Do you think the GM goes too?
If you're talking about Bloom, he was hired in October.
Dombrowski, on the other hand...who know?
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Carlos Beltran out as NYM manager.

LA City Council asks MLB to declare Dodgers 2017-18 Champions. That shit's rich. I'd be down as long as they declare the 2003 Sacramento Kings NBA Champions...you know when they didn't lose to the Lakers.
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

So cheating to win games = 1 year ban

Gambling on games = lifetime band Pete Rose got screwed
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

theglammerthebetter wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:58 am So cheating to win games = 1 year ban

Gambling on games = lifetime band Pete Rose got screwed
No, he didn't. There is explicit instructions to never gamble on games, especially after the 1919 Black Sox scandal. In fact it's posted in every mlb lockerroom.

Stealing signs has always been a part of the game. It's frowned upon, but not technically illegal. What the Astros, Red Sox, and ( under suspicion, but not caught yet ) Yankees did was use outside technology to literally cheat.

That's too far. I support a lifetime ban for Luhknow, Hinch, Cora, and Beltran. I support suspensions/bans for the players involved since it was player run.

Rose shouldn't be inducted. He deserves his lifetime ban. His records are in the HOF, his equipment is in the HOF. He's not. Fuck Rose, keep him out.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

They should be stripped of their titles. No punishment will ever do justice unless they're stripped of the banner and players are fined which wont happen.

Congrats on ripping off a title Asstros. Add another ******* to the books, fuck the Stro's and that B-Sox's Iwatch sponsorship team.

They was doing the math on how many teams, players and staff to betting and fans that was effected by their fucking HACKS and it blew up the computer.

OH but but if you think your team or others.......Fuck you, you got caught people admitted it, busted cheating like a dirty HO....If they was in Vegas all their leg's would be broke.

Smells like ass......TAINT!

They have out a few Houston cheaters shirts, hard to pick just one......This ones decent.
Houston Asterisks T-shirt now for sale at LBS
https://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/h ... ers/533764
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

What they did goes way beyond "part of the game"
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

If this was NASCAR, Boxing or other sports what would they do? Strip that taint, wax that ass.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

"Astros cheated MFY lost. Sportsbook refunding all AL and World Series MFY bets."

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/spor ... g-scandal/

This is crazy. I talked to my Dad that lives in Houston ( he's not a baseball fan ), and he said people there were like "why?"

I don't get it either. Houston was good enough to not need to cheat. I still think Houston would have won the WS anyways, but fuck.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Hall Of Fame votes announced.

Larry Walker and Derek Jeter got in. Capt. Ove2ated didn't get 100%.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Nick Castellanos and Reds agree on multi year deal. Cincy looks tough on paper.