Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

Word is is the Astros have hires Dusty Baker :lol:

The dude is 70. Good luck having the analytics dept. interact with him. This shit is rich. Maybe just maybe though they're looking to the future. Giants, Cubs, and Nats all won when he left.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:19 pm
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:05 pm Oh man, Cora is gone. Do you think the GM goes too? Precedent set, lack of institutional control and all.

Bill Plaschke from the LA Times wrote an interesting article saying that the 2017 title that Houston "won" should be vacated in the record books. I don't remember it that closely but he points out three games in that series he feels the sign stealing directly impacted the final outcome (not the last game). I'm not an LA fan by any means but you have to feel for those fans.
There will always be a "what if" concerning their two losses. I still think they would have lost them both though.
Really? Cheating and it still went 7+ a 4R lead before the end of the 2nd....I bet they don't even beat NY.

No way the Stro's make it let alone win the 7th's without cheating. What if's.........What if LAD stole Verlander's and that staff's signs think that would have changed shit up, damn straight. It's mind boggling how much money, teams, players and people have got fucked since 2017 because of the Astro's HACK....Joe Girardi had to rent a U-haul.

In the end no one got punished, nothing will ever match the crime. If this was in the NCAA to the Olympics what would happen...No soup for you.

7 Games...I was as vested in 2017 as I was as a kid in 81 but by game 7 I knew something was up. Fuck that team they should have their title stripped but MLB don't have the balls to take on the Union by going after the players and title....Fuck their fans and players don't even give a shit they hacked to win. Slugs.

Houston and Boston should get Lance Armstronged, we want a ball and the trophy's bitch, bang on this 8======D.

I haven't looked into the Boston Hack''s as much, they had a full head of steam and the team but nothing will change the fact....They cheated...Also....You can cheat and still keep your ring....Fuck MLB. In another week or so Stro's and Sux's fan's will be "Get over it" we won and got punished...Leave a message after the beeeeeps.

MLB a Don King Productions.
Jomboy breaks down the drums in 17....Of course they refined it....I heard Putin is a Houston fan.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/watch ... 2020-01-17
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:40 pm
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:05 pm Oh man, Cora is gone. Do you think the GM goes too? Precedent set, lack of institutional control and all.

Bill Plaschke from the LA Times wrote an interesting article saying that the 2017 title that Houston "won" should be vacated in the record books. I don't remember it that closely but he points out three games in that series he feels the sign stealing directly impacted the final outcome (not the last game). I'm not an LA fan by any means but you have to feel for those fans.
There will always be a "what if" concerning their two losses. I still think they would have lost them both though.
Really? Cheating and it still went 7+ a 4R lead before the end of the 2nd....I bet they don't even beat NY.

No way the Stro's make it let alone win the 7th's without cheating. What if's.........What if LAD stole Verlander's and that staff's signs think that would have changed shit up, damn straight. It's mind boggling how much money, teams, players and people have got fucked since 2017 because of the Astro's HACK....Joe Girardi had to rent a U-haul.

In the end no one got punished, nothing will ever match the crime. If this was in the NCAA to the Olympics what would happen...No soup for you.

7 Games...I was as vested in 2017 as I was as a kid in 81 but by game 7 I knew something was up. Fuck that team they should have their title stripped but MLB don't have the balls to take on the Union by going after the players and title....Fuck their fans and players don't even give a shit they hacked to win. Slugs.

Houston and Boston should get Lance Armstronged, we want a ball and the trophy's bitch, bang on this 8======D.

I haven't looked into the Boston Hack''s as much, they had a full head of steam and the team but nothing will change the fact....They cheated...Also....You can cheat and still keep your ring....Fuck MLB. In another week or so Stro's and Sux's fan's will be "Get over it" we won and got punished...Leave a message after the beeeeeps.

Jomboy breaks down the drums in 17....Of course they refined it....I heard Putin is a Houston fan.
I think Altuve was alerted on Chapman's pitch in the ALCS. It's possible/probable they would have lost to the MFY.

Here's the thing. Hou vs. LA, Darvish was tipping his pitches. Was Houston alerted by technology or did they pick it up in the batter's box? You can see him spread his glove on tv. That's why I think Houston still would have won.

Boston vs. LA. I haven't heard if the cheating levels were on par with Houston or even if it was in play (not being naieve, Cora was their mgr. ). Even if they were the Dodgers weren't touching the pitching performances of Sale and Price.

That's why I think it wasn't a guarantee LA would have won without it. Against Houston? Possibly. Boston? Nope.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Mookie Betts is a FA next season. Betts wants a $400+m contract. Those kind of demands put you on the trade block and traded to LA he was.

LAD gets:
Mookie Betts
David Price ( Boston pays half of that ridiculous contract )

Boston gets:
OF Alex Verdugo
RHP Brusbar Graterol

Minnesota gets:
Kenta Maeda

Also, LA trades Joc Pederson to AZ for 2B Luis Renfigo
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Brusbar Graterol? That's a real name?

Phillies and Nationals serious players in the Kris Bryant sweepstakes.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:40 pm

The more that's coming out and to the levels put in place by the front office ( "code breakers," algorithms to steal catcher's signs, etc ), I'm really starting to feel like Houston's 2017 title should be erased. Holy shit this is bad. Like real bad.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:55 pmThe more that's coming out and to the levels put in place by the front office ( "code breakers," algorithms to steal catcher's signs, etc ), I'm really starting to feel like Houston's 2017 title should be erased. Holy shit this is bad. Like real bad.
I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to the 2020 season, at this point I'm done and gone back to the NHL. This beats the 1994–95 strike I quit watching for a few years....It destroyed the Expos, LAD pulled into first but this is worse, it's ugly and fucking fucked.
Fuck MLB and the slap on the wrist, it's total shit on top of Houston's fucking attitudes....The team and fans. IMO the team we all thought was a monster was nothing more than an overrated good team who cheated and the NATS proved it by doing everything possible to avoid being hacked and kicked their ass in the WS19....That Asstros dud saying only some players used it during the season to break out of a slump is enough to burn their clubhouse down.....Cheating to break out of a slump, ya I'd say that's a big hamburger helper.

The early Darvish tip talk was just an excuse, tell me they didn't figure him out without a team of guys using everything thing from videos to spy satellites. I'm just not that type and didn't play that way. My best fried was, he'd cheat his kid in checkers and feel good about winning. I couldn't and hated playing with him when he'd pull shit with a smile.

I didn't hear Houston was busted till my buddy called up and said "you was right"......I was WTF about? He said remember us watching the 17 series and you was saying something was up, not just juiced balls but how they was tee'ing off on pitches like they knew what was coming and praying for Wood to start GM7......That's how I found out the Asstros was officially busted when actually I felt/knew it all along....Just one tip, hit or HR could flick the momentum button.....You know as well as anyone how big momentum plays a part in sports. I have a lot of Yankee friends who are pissed and it sucks I can't even laugh at them this time around!

I haven't put much thought into Boston, I bet they wasn't even close to as advanced as Houston was in cheating but LAD takes WS17 without the Stros hacking...That I'd bet my first born on it....This subject will never go away in my book.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Lebron is pissed about Houston's sign stealing.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/18/heated-le ... andal/amp/

Does anyone else see the irony of a player on the FUCKING LAKERS complaining about being cheated out of a Championship?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I'm watching the SF/LAD Spring Training game ( mlb.tv package ). You can only watch it on the Dodgers broadcast with their announcers. It's tough to replace Vin Scully, that goes without saying, but these guys are fucking painful to listen to.

It almost makes me feel sorry for that organization after what happened concerning Houston's "victory." Almost.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

killeverything wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:58 pm I'm watching the SF/LAD Spring Training game ( mlb.tv package ). You can only watch it on the Dodgers broadcast with their announcers. It's tough to replace Vin Scully, that goes without saying, but these guys are fucking painful to listen to.

It almost makes me feel sorry for that organization after what happened concerning Houston's "victory." Almost.

Did you see the guy who had the Houston Asterisks sign? Security took it from him.

The jokes write themselves.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:20 am
killeverything wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:58 pm I'm watching the SF/LAD Spring Training game ( mlb.tv package ). You can only watch it on the Dodgers broadcast with their announcers. It's tough to replace Vin Scully, that goes without saying, but these guys are fucking painful to listen to.

Did you see the guy who had the Houston Asterisks sign? Security took it from him.

The jokes write themselves.
:lol: I didn't, but fuck that's funny. They're literally stealing signs now.

I guess Altuve was grazed playing the Tigers today. Manfred's bitch ass put more stringent HBP penalties in place recently....although he states they have nothing to do with the Astros or Dusty Baker's whining. The timing was a coincidence.

I see those dudes getting drilled a lot still.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Chris Sale to have TJ surgery, somehow I'm not surprised.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

"Mr. Tiger" HOF Al Kaline passed away at 85.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

29 Apr 2020
12-time PED-Star Manny Ramirez considers return to baseball at 47. Outfielder says he would like to play in Taiwanese league, Ramirez, who turns 48 next month, told the Taiwan Times he would like to return in a player-coach role.

Taiwan’s Chinese Professional Baseball League is one of the few professional sports competitions still running during the Covid-19 pandemic. The five-team league started earlier this month and live audiences are not allowed into the stands. Games are streamed live and free internationally on clubs’ Twitter feeds.

Post-MLB he made his way to Taiwan in 2013, and played for the predecessor of today’s Fubon Guardians, the EDA Rhinos.
In his 49 games in Taiwan, Manny batted .352, hit eight homers, and recorded 43 RBIs. These stats placed him in the top three players in each category before he moved back to the U.S. in June that year to be closer to his family.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/ ... ball-at-47

I still have a couple Dodger game bobble heads if anyone is interested................... 8)
TexDaddy
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by TexDaddy »

I am so ready for some baseball.

Hoping my Astros embrace the Darth Vader of MLB role and use it as some motivation. :D :D :D :D :D
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Vader admitted he was wrong and accepted his death something the **Asstro's or their fan base of tools would never do.

No, the **Asstro's are the Death Star and The Nats showed what happened when that cheat code was exposed...BLOWN THE FUCK UP.

Cardinals Fan Yells Curveball At Astros Springer As He Strikes Out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipqG2FwHr2s

Altuve's new Walk-Up song - VH Tattoo

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :?
TexDaddy

Post by TexDaddy »

Never apologize

I would rather they all say we did it and we would do it again if we had the chance. :D :D :D

Hell Gaylord Perry is in the Hall of Fame and he never denied or apologized for throwing a spit ball

Just Baseball players being Baseball players

Move on to the next season
Should be interesting if the division realignment happens. Astros and Dodgers in same division
Will be awesome
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Really, Gaylord Perry spitballs? Just Baseball players being Baseball players? :lol:

They cheated and still lost, that's whats funny.....NATS 2019 CHAMPS. Keep it real DARTH!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Cheating ( ie. stealing signs ) has been a part of the game since it was invented. The levels the Astros went to are insane.

When I first heard about it I thought they would have won anyways, and a runner on second trying to relay an offspeed pitch has always happened. Plus Darvish was tipping his pitches.

That's not at all what was happening. They used computers and without using outside tech they wouldn't have been able to accomplish what they did. Did they pick up on Darvish or did the computers? Kershaw pitched like a beast....every single breaking ball wasn't swung at. It's like they knew what was coming.

Look at the fucking Home/Road splits.

Alex Bregman:
Road .154 BAA .508 OPS Home .273 BAA .857 OPS.
Carlos Correa:
Road .211 BAA .626 OPS Home .371 BAA 1.164 OPS.
Jose Altuve:
Road .143 BAA .497 OPS Home .472 BAA 1.541 OPS.
Brian McCann:
Road .037 BAA .198 OPS Home .300 BAA .849 OPS.
Evan Gattis:
Road .200 BAA .533 OPS Home .300 BAA 1.014 OPS.

It's almost like there was a system in place at home to give them an advantage. If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck, it's a motherfucking duck.

They didn't win. Which really pisses me off. I hate the Dodgers and those tears were delicious ( or they should have been ). Fuck that organization for robbing me of a back to back heartbreak.

Houston Asterisks
TexDaddy

Post by TexDaddy »

But the Astros did win Game 7 in LA.

Bottom line it’s time to move on.
Like I said before I hope the Astros embrace the role as the Villain because no amount of apologies will change how anyone other than an Astros fan will view them

Bring on the 2020 baseball season
Can’t wait for all the Boos.
If the Covid 19 hysteria hadn’t happened they would have drawn huge Road attendance numbers just to boo them
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

TexDaddy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 3:58 am But the Astros did win Game 7 in LA.

Bottom line it’s time to move on.
Like I said before I hope the Astros embrace the role as the Villain because no amount of apologies will change how anyone other than an Astros fan will view them

Bring on the 2020 baseball season
Can’t wait for all the Boos.
If the Covid 19 hysteria hadn’t happened they would have drawn huge Road attendance numbers just to boo them
Playing the Villain?
Only if that Villain is Sammy Sosa, Corky.....Fans from every MLB team think the Ho's are pathetic and players from all over Baseball said they're an embarrassment. They're no where near a Villain but they'll forever be the Asterisks. I get comments about my Trashtros and Asterisks Tee's all the time, the last one a REDS fan calling them a bunch of losers.....The Nat's drove that nail into the ground! 2019 champs who beat the cheat! Bought a National hat just out of respect, something Houston will never have.

It will move on like the Black Sox's............You're attitude along with the team proves how sad they really are. Except for Giles who stated it was wrong and he'd give his ring back...I didn't want my shirt ripped off because of my GF no wait it was a Tattoo! :lol:

They're tainted, the herpes of baseball....A gallon of bleach and a Brazilian wax couldn't clean the shit stain they are. Stay classy AssTrHo's and their fans.
TexDaddy

Post by TexDaddy »

This season is Going to be so much fun :D :D :D
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

TexDaddy wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:53 am This season is Going to be so much fun :D :D :D
Leaving you to rewatch the Star Wars prequels, Jar Jar......I did look at the draft.

First round: *Houston Astros forfeited their first-round pick as part of their pussy sign-stealing punishment

Second round: *Astros and Red Sox forfeited their second-round picks as part of their pussy sign-stealing punishment

It's fitting to have an Asterisk next to the Asterisk's new team name.
Hootchietoad
Headlining Clubs

Post by Hootchietoad »

In its ongoing idiocy, the likelihood of an MLB season is in definite jeopardy after Manfred’s latest statement. The one sport that could have potentially flourished during this pandemic can’t get out of its own way. Built in social distancing on the field, no consistent huffing and puffing like b-ball, and game length wouldn’t matter this year because people got time. This opportunity was handed to baseball on a silver platter to win back sports fans and they fucking blew it...players and owners. Entitled selfish assholes on both sides. No foresight whatsoever. At this point I hope this means the end of some franchises, owners go bankrupt and a bunch of players gotta get day jobs. Fuck ‘em. Oh, and I hope everything realigns and Mookie gets about 4yrs/$70mil.
Image Image
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

The players voted against the 60-game proposal......33 to 5 against.....Then the owners voted 30-0 for Manfred to impose a season. The league asked the union to respond by today "JUN 23rd". MLB wants players to report to a second "spring" training by July 1, and the imposed season will reportedly be for 60 games.

The owners granted Manfred the power to implement a season which means the 2020 MLB season is almost certainly to be scheduled despite team owners and the players union failing to reach a new agreement...Good luck with that.......Go on unemployment bitches!

--------------------
Isn't the owners planning 50% capacity for distancing? In Miami that would be more than average attendance but a season would fill MLB TV contracts I guess.

The players rejected a 60 game season something like...
Extensive health and safety protocols for players and team personnel
Larger rosters (potentially 30-man active rosters and a 20-player taxi squad)
Universal designated hitter
Regional schedule to reduce travel (ex: teams in the AL East would only play each other and teams in the NL East)
Expanded playoffs (with reportedly as many as 16 teams)

GM Jim Bowden's tweet......So let’s set our expectations:
1. Opening day between July 15-20th
2. Full Prorated Salaries
3. 16 Team playoff format for 20 and 21
4. Universal DH
5. Geographic Schedule
6. Both sides agree no grievances
7. Play between 60-70 games
8 Regular Season ends 9/27
9 WS ends late Oct
Extra Innings could end in a tie.....Or ties with runners on second base to begin each extra inning.

I heard some players and management have tested positive and are in quarantine, hows that going to work, the last team standing wins? Can't see it working out but if they manage to salvage a season it would be a boost.

Anyone pick up their MLB Tommy Bahama and Reyn Spooner shits? Oddly I have a couple Columbia Tamiami button ups now they come in an MLB collection....

There's always the ACL on ESPN 2, American Cornhole League. After watching SHOWTIME DESUS & MERO I might pick up a jersey...
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Yasiel Puig signing with the Braves.

I saw this from a poster on a Braves messageboard:
"We finally upgraded from Nick Markakis...and all it took was a global pandemic."
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

LAD extends Mookie Betts 12/365m. Holy shit.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

killeverything wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:11 pm LAD extends Mookie Betts 12/365m. Holy shit.
65 Million signing bonus. Good work if you can get it.

Ready for your whoopin' this week? :lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:37 am
killeverything wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:11 pm LAD extends Mookie Betts 12/365m. Holy shit.
65 Million signing bonus. Good work if you can get it.

Ready for your whoopin' this week? :lol:
What? You didn't beat me last year....it only took a fucking DECADE, but I'm coming out on top.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Justin Verlander shutdown ( with what will end up beimg the whole season ) with forearm strain.