Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

The first thing the Nats do without harper is go to the NLCS.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:29 pm The first thing the Nats do without harper is go to the NLCS.
:lol:

So they did it, good for them it's gonna make for the least interesting NLCS I can recall. I hope the nat's win before Scherzer and Strasburg's arm's fall off. Talk about clutch pitching, like Kershaw without the HR's. :oops:

The teams left just sound like a boring WS no matter how it ends up. Stro's vs NYY will be the only main event.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:26 pmBaseball isn't about hoping for a good game and the better team wins, or the underdog/small market draft picks get their due. It's about rooting for whoever can beat NY.....and LAD ( sorry, Utah ).
I think you meant NYY then Boston, the Giants, Houston and mostly the CUBS-NYjr "even tho we got another 100 years before hearing about them again" also the FISH! Not sure the new owners are better then the last criminal. Sorry about losing BUM this off season ahead of time..He will be missed....Baseball would be boring without rivalries....LAD > SF

Did you see Barry ripping off and tossing Roberts hat "IN THE FIT OF RAGE" the other week at BALCO-Stadium? He's taken so much roids it will take 50 years to leak out! Did they make a tainted statue of him yet? I wanna go pee on it. 8)

You have a point, anything to drop the odds of NYY from making the WS but damn what a season that would make, we'll see tonight. I can't picture Tampa winning but I've been wrong on about everything so far. Except Tampa over the A's.

It's all good DW, I like the A's not really an AL guy but have long rooted for....The Tribe, A's and Seattle. I'd like a upper east coast trip sometime and a buddy said "we'd catch a NYY or Boston game" I said naaaaaaaaaaaaaa The Gardens for a "Ranger game is fine"...I'd secretly go to Fenway Parrr tho.

He said Yankee Stadium is hallowed ground, I said "like that place in Amityville?" If NY Stadium is hallowed ground so is the NY Federal Reserve.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

It looks like the MFY get Greinke, Verlander, Cole. Every game against that staff needs to be played like an elimination game.

The NY head to head numbers against Verlander are scary:

Hicks 2-23, .255 OPS
Encarnacion 5-43, .435 OPS
Judge 2-18, .436 OPS
Sanchez 2-19, .211 OPS

DJ and Didi have hit him, but geez. They always say you gotta win game 1, but holy shit. Knowing you get Verlander in game 2 and Cole in game 3 is terrifying. Greinke ain't no slouch, either. Kinda a weird guy, but still an ace.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

With the way Houston fell to Boston last year and let Tampa take them to 5........I wont be shocked to see NYY take a couple close ones or even put up some numbers. The Stro's are the best team but are they hungry like Boston was last year, to me NYY looks and played more motivated. That's possibly one of the most wicked starting rotations, could be a great series.

I hope the Stro's win.

I'm still pissed, KIll tell me this, WTF was Kershaw doing coming out of the pen what was Roberts thinking? A Hollywood redemption ending? With all the arms and letting Kenta only toss ONE INNING I'm completely lost. Kenta's a starter who's been great out of the pen for 3+ yet pulled after 14 pitches and STRUCK OUT THE SIDE SWINGING this after Kershaw's 2 pitch 2HR's'.....

Clayton had no business coming out of the pen let alone in the 8th...It's why I hit the store, knew it wasn't gonna be pretty.

--------------

Worst case sure, Clayton got the last out in the 7th then let Kenta take it from there to close out or go with Kenley if runners got on late. Or pick one of 3 others before Joe Kelly.

And don't get me started with Joe Kelly, all year he's proven the suck.......Roberts out played himself. Clayton wants all the blame saying all the playoff talks are true and blasting himself meanwhile Roberts say's if the blame falls on him then he'll take it....He's the manager he should say ya I fucked up!

Still can't believe the Braves lost and I can't believe Robert's played the pen like he did....Double whammy.

This WS is shaping up like a bowl of soggy cornflakes. The NLCS has about as much interest as a rerun of FRIENDS.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

So far the word is LAD isn't releasing Roberts.

That said. Maybe to give Kershaw a chance to redeem himself? Knowing how completely dominate he's been before in Playoffs, the last time out is the one people remember. Kershaw is one of the GOAT on the mound, but because of a few losses he has that erroneous rep.

Like the MFY owning ( torn rotator cuff, mid 30s+ ) Pedro. Not remembering he's struck out 17 of them.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:23 am Anyone see Greinke's presser yesterday? Is he always Belichick'ing?
Grenike's got a monster social disorder.
If you haven't seen or heard it before I posted a story a while back...Greinke can hardly walk down the street hold a conversation or be around people...I think it was his first season with the Royals he pulled up to spring training sat in the car for hours before turning around and driving to his parents house where he hid in the attic for weeks with plans to give up baseball.

They finally got him on meds but still the only place he feels comfortable is on the mound.....I don't know how his wife deals with it during the segment he hardly said a word, she mentioned there's times he don't say anything and is zombie like. When he came to LAD he had to buy the closest crib to the stadium to avoid traffic, he can drive but has issues with it. They showed him in public when out of the blue him and his wife bolted because of his panic attacks....He's comes off as odd duck, hardly talks to teammates or anyone for that matter. He even hates spring training, it's hard to deal with.

Blows me away I studied psychology know about being recluse and all that but the only place you feel comfortable is on the rubber in the center of 50,000 screaming people with millions more on TV.....Wild.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

St. Louis Cardinals claim baseballs are traveling less in postseason!
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/278 ... postseason

Shildt's NLCS counterpart, Washington Nationals manager Dave Martinez, said his defensive game plan in Game 1 took into account the decreased ball travel. "Our outfield played a little shallower [Friday] knowing the ball isn't traveling as far," Martinez explained.

A study published on Thursday by Rob Arthur of Baseball Prospectus argued that there has been more air resistance on the ball, thus limiting the distance it travels.

"The probability that a random selection of games from the rest of the regular season would feature as much air resistance as we've seen so far in the postseason is about one in one thousand," Arthur wrote. His model estimated an additional 24 home runs should have been hit in the playoffs at the time beyond the 43 that had been hit.

So now teams need to have a department full of engineers and MIT guys to figure out what balls MLB is handing out. Funny how May's normal looking HR ball was caught short in the 9th of the LAD game...For a split second off the bat I thought it was a walk off then it looked to die down...The Announcer said "If this was day time that might have got over, they don't fly as well at night"....Or maybe it's that MLB switched the balls and are not as tight during the post!

MLB can suck it.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Astros and MFY are 1-1 now. Fuck the Yankees.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Man, Bryce Harper must be kicking himself right now knowing he missed out on the Nats first World Series trip to go to the lowly Phillies. Then again, he was kind of holding the Nats back from making the WS, wasn't he?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

dmbrocker wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:42 pm Man, Bryce Harper must be kicking himself right now knowing he missed out on the Nats first World Series trip to go to the lowly Phillies. Then again, he was kind of holding the Nats back from making the WS, wasn't he?
It amuses me. The first thing they do without him is go to the WS.

I hope that's something that messes with him. Like every time he flips his hair it crosses his mind.

Nobody likes you, Bryce.

Philly will hate you soon enough too.

MFY are down 2-1 now. There's a probable rainout tomorrow. Which allows Verlander to get the ball a game sooner and Boone said "if there's a rainout Tanaka gets the ball for game 4."

Fuck the Yankees.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Harper should show up to all World Series games in DC as a fan no special seats
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I still can't believe the Nat's are in the Series, normally I'd be that's cool go Expos but it just seems all fucked up. I still can't believe the Braves choked to the Cards who got spanked by the Nat's.....I can't believe MLB fucked with the BALLS again...I can't believe LAD lost to them fucks....Thanks for 2017 WS Rocketballs and the TIPPERS BTW.

I really hope the Expos give the AL a run, if they get spanked I'm going to hate on both of them. I doubt I'll even watch unless the Nat's get an early win.

Bryce Harper is going to get more Boo's then Halloween in his future. Someone mentioned he should show up and watch the home games, he should that would be awesome......If he sat in the cheap seats and cheered from the 300L! Bryce in Philly is probably the best story about the Nat's in the WS for me. You know it's in his melon head and that attitude of his.

--------------------

I can only imagine being a player, showing up and MLB just fucking with the balls....I wonder what Tom Brady would say!

Dead ball? Juiced ball? The debate unfortunately rages on (It's a long good read here's a tad bit but ya it bugs the fuck outta me)
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/278 ... y-rages-on

NEW YORK -- The biggest story this year in Major League Baseball wasn't a player, a manager, a general manager, an incredible play or a historic game. It was a five-ounce-heavy, nine-inch-round orb that birthed conspiracy theories, broke records, spurred incessant conversation and happened to be part of all 732,472 pitches thrown in the 2019 regular season.

The ball -- the rocket ball, the juiced ball, the super ball, whatever you want to call it -- changed the game's calculus this season. Home runs left the park at never-before-seen rates, to the point that teams across the game tweaked their internal algorithms to account for it in future projections and specifically game-planned around it for this season. Nobody was quite sure why this year's ball was so different from balls of previous years. Nobody could say for certain how it happened. Nobody definitely knew whom to blame. Everyone simply agreed: The ball was behaving differently than it had in years past.

Which makes this October that much more curious -- and might have had a demonstrable effect on the Houston Astros' 4-1 victory over the New York Yankees in Game 3 of the American League Championship Series on Tuesday. The postseason ball is dead. It's not just the colder weather or superior pitching, either. Baseball Prospectus' Rob Arthur studied the drag coeffiecient, which helps determine how far balls fly, and said it is significantly greater, with a "one-in-a-million chance" the balls are the same as used in the regular season.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

killeverything wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:16 pm

It amuses me. The first thing they do without him is go to the WS.

I hope that's something that messes with him. Like every time he flips his hair it crosses his mind.

Nobody likes you, Bryce.

Philly will hate you soon enough too.

MFY are down 2-1 now. There's a probable rainout tomorrow. Which allows Verlander to get the ball a game sooner and Boone said "if there's a rainout Tanaka gets the ball for game 4."

Fuck the Yankees.
It cracks me the fuck up that the nats are in their first ever world series and the thing their fans are concerned with is taunting Harper and saying stupid shit like "you were holding us back", something tells me they'd have still made the world series with harpers "down" year of .260, 35 hr and 116 rbi, especially since adam eaton is batting a whopping 194 in the post season. washingtons front office didn't want harper back, and harper deserved better than their ridiculous "clown" contract, i'd say it's a win/win, it'll be interesting to see if the fans turn on rendon if he gets lowballed in a similar fashion and ends up on the yankees or some shit.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

3-1 Houston.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

killeverything wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:24 pm 3-1 Houston.
Looks like the Yankees are going to force game 6 now, though.

And lo and behold, Bryce doesn't seem too upset that the Nats are going to the WS without him:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bryce-harp ... 36360.html
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

dmbrocker wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:55 pm

And lo and behold, Bryce doesn't seem too upset that the Nats are going to the WS without him:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bryce-harp ... 36360.html
That was a good read, the media and fans should be celebrating the fact that the Front office chose to sign multiple key players for cheaper instead of trying to secure Harper, they should just say it because it's beyond obvious, if they wanted him there, there wouldn't be those deferred payments in the offer, it was really just a good choice and the GM picked the right guys to comer in and contribute, then again thats not as sensational as the stupid shit they're writing.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Astros 3-2. Helluva game pitched from Paxton ( 6IP 4H 1ER 4BB 9K ) vs. Verlander ( 6IP 5H 4ER 2HR 0BB 9K ). Verlander had one bad inning and still lost with 9Ks over 6IP.

Tonight's game will be a bullpen one, in which the MFY have a slight edge, but tomorrow could be Cole at home. This benefits the Nats. Their rotation is set, with Houston not being able to throw their #1 & 2 until later in the series and having to possibly face Scherzer/Strasburg twice. The WS might not just be a sweep for the AL afterall.

Nobody likes you, Bryce.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

STROS OVER NATS IN 5

Let me know who win's I'll watch something more exciting like.....Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch

When NYY put up 2 in the 9th I looked over and seen with "Roberto Osuna" pitching that means OH BOY it's the first time 3 Mexicans pitched in the same post season game...."and gave up 3ER's ..If the Stro's lost it would have said 2 of those Mexicans Jose Urquidy and Osuna blew it and they'll be traded to Detroit in the off season.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:59 pm STROS OVER NATS IN 5

Let me know who win's I'll watch something more exciting like.....Air Bud: Seventh Inning Fetch

When NYY put up 2 in the 9th I looked over and seen with "Roberto Osuna" pitching that means OH BOY it's the first time 3 Mexicans pitched in the same post season game...."and gave up 3ER's ..If the Stro's lost it would have said 2 of those Mexicans Jose Urquidy and Osuna blew it and they'll be traded to Detroit in the off season.

I think everyone thinks Houston will win easily, but it could be a good series with Washington. The Nats are well rested and have their rotation set up perfectly. It could be a good series.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Very well could be a Cinderella season....I'd kill to see the Nat's win.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:14 pm Very well could be a Cinderella season....I'd kill to see the Nat's win.
*flips hair
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

*Flips bat
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:50 am First decade since 1910-1919 that the Yankees failed to make the World Series!
I was thinking "nope. 1980-89," but it turns out they lost to Fernando and the Dodgers in '81.

Shit.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:32 pm
DOWN2WHISKEY wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:50 am First decade since 1910-1919 that the Yankees failed to make the World Series!
I was thinking "nope. 1980-89," but it turns out they lost to Fernando and the Dodgers in '81.

Shit.
Flash back...Both were the first n second WS's I watched in full. As a kid watching LAD lose the 1978-WS made me an instant NYY hater but watching them win the 1981-WS on a black n white cemented me as a fan. No clue what I did this week but I'll never forget those WS's

81 was a flip flop from 78...
In 1978 LAD won the first 2 then lost the next 4, 1981 NYY won the first 2 then lost the next 4.....When I read old clips it always tosses a "I remember that sacrifice DP pop out to "Ron Cey"..Fernando working out of jams till he got his grove.

The 1981 WS ended an era for both teams, Reggie was injured playing half the WS games but and at the end of 1981 both teams emptied their rosters.
"The Yankees lost Reggie Jackson, Graig Nettles, Goose Gossage, and Tommy John, among others. The franchise would not reach the postseason again until 1995 and would not win another title until 1996.
Key Dodger losses included Ron Cey, Steve Garvey, Davey Lopes, Reggie Smith, and Don Sutton. With a stronger farm system and adding valuable players via trade or free agency, they did win division titles in 1983 and 1985, while narrowly missing in 1982........

LAD's success culminated with a world championship in 1988, becoming the only team to win two World Series between 1978 and 1990, the only team to win more than one World Series title during the 1980s"

Hall of Fame Outfielder Reggie Jackson: "The only reason I don't like playing in the World Series is I can't watch myself play." :lol:

Seen LAD win as a kid, as a late teen and wanted that 2017 juiced tipped off balls win... MLB hating fan I've turned out to be.
It's those memories that stop me from being a full on fan, from PED's to the PEB's era...Replay, taking out 2nd no home plate crashes...I forget which old player said something like...."You could take someone in a time machine over the 150 years in any era of baseball and they wouldn't miss a beat, except for today it would be almost unrecognizable"
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Holy shit. The Nats pen didn't blow game 1. Houston has a massive advantage there.

Although learning more about their FO ( aside from the analytical aspect I love so much ). Man, they're really dislikeable. I'm pulling for Washington.

And in the center of the room, assistant general manager Brandon Taubman turned to a group of three female reporters, including one wearing a purple domestic-violence awareness bracelet, and yelled, half a dozen times, “Thank God we got Osuna! I’m so f------ glad we got Osuna!”

The outburst was offensive and frightening enough that another Houston staffer apologized. The Astros declined to comment. They also declined to make Taubman available for an interview.
Closer Roberto Osuna had allowed a two-run home run to tie the game in the top of the ninth. He had been, by Baseball Reference’s calculations and any intelligent observer’s assessment, the least valuable Astro that night. So why would Taubman choose that moment, to taunt that demographic? It’s not hard to figure out.
And that’s the irony of that interaction with Taubman. None of those women were talking to him. They weren’t even talking about Osuna. Taubman brought him up.

This was done to Sports Illustrated reporters. The Astros FO denied it, then apologized, mlb is investigating.

Go Nats. Nobody likes you, Bryce.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Nats 2-0 in a 12-3 romp over Houston.

It's reported Joe Girardi to be new Phillies manager.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

killeverything wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:16 pm Nats 2-0 in a 12-3 romp over Houston.

It's reported Joe Girardi to be new Phillies manager.
The Girardi thing is getting announced later today. Thank fucking God to have a real manager for that team. Kapler can go rub coconut oil on his balls somewhere else. Now go get some pitching.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Verlander dropped to 0-5 in World Series games, marking the first time a pitcher lost his first five decisions on baseball's biggest stage. He has a 5.73 ERA in six World Series starts! The Stro's should just get rid of him....All my Houston friends was worried if he'll flake out when he took the mound!

Shit, Kershaw in 2017 WS GM1 vs the Astors 7IP 3H 1ER 11SO = W vs juiced balls and all.
One game and Kershaw has more WS wins than Verlander in 5 games......0 and 5.....Terrible pitcher! Not to mention Cole, gave up 5 in GM1, they should dump him as well! How bout those Nat's........Not over till it's over but damn.....See ya Verlander, See ya Cole.

I wonder if there's any Jet Lag drama in the Club House over Woman reporters and their women beating closer that has anything to do with the mood? “Thank God we got Osuna! I’m so f------ glad we got Osuna!” it made them uncomfortable and reasonable so, they're not wearing a cup.

-------------------------------------------In other news------------

The CUBS SUCK hired David Ross to coach........Who's Dave Ross? Bet come the playoff's a lot of people will be saying "DAVE'S NOT HERE MAN!"
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

In the Court of Public Opinion it's probably too little too late, but he gone.

Our initial investigation led us to believe that Brandon Taubman's inappropriate comments were not directed toward any reporter. We were wrong. We sincerely apologize to Stephanie Apstein, Sports Illustrated and to all individuals who witnessed this incident or were offended by the inappropriate conduct. The Astros in no way intended to minimize the issues related to domestic violence.

"Our initial belief was based on witness statements about the incident. Subsequent interviews have revealed that Taubman's inappropriate comments were, in fact, directed toward one or more reporters. Accordingly we have terminated Brandon Taubman's employment with the Houston Astros. His conduct does not reflect the values of our organization and we believe this is the most appropriate course of action."

That dude was on the fast track to GM there or elsewhere, but his name will probably keep him out of baseball for a long time now.

Am I the only one that sees the irony in the statement "Taubman's conduct does not reflect the value of our organization.".....the same organization that brought in and continues to employ Osana?

Silly Astros.