Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

thejuggernaut
Headlining Clubs
Location: Of course you can't stand gay people. Check out your own animated sig, you fucking idiot - Moggio

Post by thejuggernaut »

Facedown wrote:
thejuggernaut wrote:
killeverything wrote: He's not but for 2008 who is?

Nancy Drew had a monsterous July, Manny was Manny, Papi was hurt, Beckett had an off year, Pappelbon felt the karma of badmouthing Rivera, no Schill, Timlin being 90, Jacoby being exactly what I thought he was over-rated, Lowell hurt.

Who?

I'll leave you with this funny quote from Ozzie Guillen why you ponder that. In light of being told Manny was leaving. "So, I wish Pedroia was leaving".
Youkilis, hands down.
Pedroia it is.
Report: Sox trade OF Coco Crisp to the Royals for P Ramon Ramirez.
Can't say I agree with the choice, but still good.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

ESPN is reporting that Chase Utley needs hip surgery and may not be back in the lineup until JUNE. Fuck.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:ESPN is reporting that Chase Utley needs hip surgery and may not be back in the lineup until JUNE. Fuck.
Wah!!! The Phillie fan should be down in the dumps. It's been almost a month since their team won anything.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
WhiteHouseSubsAC

johnk5150 wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:ESPN is reporting that Chase Utley needs hip surgery and may not be back in the lineup until JUNE. Fuck.
Wah!!! The Phillie fan should be down in the dumps. It's been almost a month since their team won anything.
Got bitter?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

johnk5150 wrote:
Got bitter?
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by tin00can »

No comments about George passing the torch to Hal?

Man, something needs to happen this week. The hot stove aint.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Only thing I know is that supposably the Mighty Red Sox made an offer to Teixera ( now what with Lowell? ), they're are supposably going to go neck and neck in the bidding for Burnett, WEEI reports they offered Tek a 1 year deal....Boras denies it, Tazawa is most likely to sign in Boston, and Matsuzaka will play in the WBC for Japan.

Really nothing is going on. This whole season for everyone hinges on where Sabbathia goes. If it's not NY that will be hilarious.

Teix, Sabbathia, Manny. Those are the three and I suspect we won't here anything till the Winter Meetings.

I still think the Coco trade was a bad idea. There was no market for him, would've been if they included Jacoby. :?
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Angels are jumping in to the Sabathia craziness.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Angels are jumping in to the Sabathia craziness.

I'm hoping that's just to stir things up a bit. I don't want a fat pitcher for six years. Four years tops.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Being the Yankee fan that I am, somedays I want CC and other
days I wish another team would sign him and pay all that money.

If he really wants to stay on the west coast and hit, then I'm all for
him playing in the NL.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Licketysplit wrote:I'm hoping that Boston gets Texiera, that CC and Manny stay in the NL and end up on the west coast, and that the NYY overpay for a bunch of players that turn out to be stiffs.

Thanks for proving once again that you are not the most intelligent person in the locker room :lol: :lol:

I have no idea where any of these clowns are going.

I just know that the price for CC is a lot of $$$. The investment is huge. To get value for what is being paid(by Yankees) is a very tall order.

The big question is, can CC put up those numbers for 6 yrs and earn his money?
Or will he fail, get injured, need a new elbow within a year or two? I think those are legit fears and I'm not sure I want my Yankees tied to him and committed to those large dollars for 6 yrs.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

They're ( by "they're" I mean the sports shows ) saying now that Pettitte has been talking to Torre about coming to LA.

Imagine. Moose is retired, Pettitte goes to LA, Sabbathia goes somewhere else. Wow just what that would do.

I don't think NY is to in the Teix sweepstakes. He want's a 10 year deal. Now Hal is a fucking moron, but there is no way they lock up into another 10 year contract. Boras says "there's offers on the table", but Boras also said that Damon had a couple 8 year offers too. Riiiiigggghhhhhtttttt.

I think the price is so fucking enormous for those two, that no one else will get signed until they are. Every team is waiting for the other to make a move.

Lukewarm season........
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:They're ( by "they're" I mean the sports shows ) saying now that Pettitte has been talking to Torre about coming to LA.

Imagine. Moose is retired, Pettitte goes to LA, Sabbathia goes somewhere else. Wow just what that would do.

I don't think NY is to in the Teix sweepstakes. He want's a 10 year deal. Now Hal is a fucking moron, but there is no way they lock up into another 10 year contract. Boras says "there's offers on the table", but Boras also said that Damon had a couple 8 year offers too. Riiiiigggghhhhhtttttt.

I think the price is so fucking enormous for those two, that no one else will get signed until they are. Every team is waiting for the other to make a move.

Lukewarm season........

tex and his agent are asking for 10 yrs? 1st time i heard that. how do they think they are?
since we signed Swisher, our appetite for tex has decreased. now if he's looking for 10 yrs, then i really hope our interest is at an all-time low. let another team have him for 10 yrs.

Pettitte is talking to Torre huh? again, 1st time i have heard this. i find it hard to believe. the Yankees indeed want Andy, but right now the Yankees are not willing to once again pay him $16 million a year. i'm sure both sides can reach a number that makes them equally happy.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:They're ( by "they're" I mean the sports shows ) saying now that Pettitte has been talking to Torre about coming to LA.

Lukewarm season........

tex and his agent are asking for 10 yrs? 1st time i heard that. how do they think they are?
since we signed Swisher, our appetite for tex has decreased. now if he's looking for 10 yrs, then i really hope our interest is at an all-time low. let another team have him for 10 yrs.

Pettitte is talking to Torre huh? again, 1st time i have heard this. i find it hard to believe. the Yankees indeed want Andy, but right now the Yankees are not willing to once again pay him $16 million a year. i'm sure both sides can reach a number that makes them equally happy.
This is one of the places I got the Pettitte/Torre connection. As for Tex/10 it's Boras, take it with what you will.

Mike Mussina has retired, and the Yankees could lose Andy Pettitte, too.

Don't believe it?
Pettitte, 36, has spoken more than once with his former manager, Joe Torre, about joining the Dodgers, according to major-league sources.

And, lest anyone forget, Pettitte has a history of changing teams as a free agent when he does not feel completely wanted.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8845170?MSNHPHMA
Last edited by killeverything on Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Good find.

Right now I'm not worried so much.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Here is one that talks of Tex's desire for a 10 year deal, and Anaheim's interest in both CC and Tex.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/ ... 2679.story
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Here is one that talks of Tex's desire for a 10 year deal, and Anaheim's interest in both CC and Tex.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/ ... 2679.story

I hope there is a team stupid enough to give
him a 10 yr deal.

Who does he think he is? The balls on boras!!!
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Tex is the best available bat on the market and he projects to have a huge upside for many years. I'm not counting Manny because his ceiling seems to be three years. Tex is 28 and entering his prime. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 10 years and 200 million plus, what with the Sox, Yanks and Angels in the bidding. I can't see the Sox going for a 10-year deal though, so I think they're in it just to drive the price up.
bighairdiscs
Recording Debut Album

Post by bighairdiscs »

tin00can wrote:Tex is the best available bat on the market and he projects to have a huge upside for many years. I'm not counting Manny because his ceiling seems to be three years. Tex is 28 and entering his prime. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 10 years and 200 million plus, what with the Sox, Yanks and Angels in the bidding. I can't see the Sox going for a 10-year deal though, so I think they're in it just to drive the price up.
I think the SOX interest in Tex is legit - However, I don't think there is any chance of them going 10 years on his deal....... they would have to move Lowell (and likely pay a good portion of that salary) and switch Youk over to 3rd (his natural position anyway) - but, then you have to figure that Lars Anderson is waiting in the wings - he's a big power hitting 1st baseman, so I don't think the Sox will give up everything just to land Texiera....... If the Sox don't land Tex, it will be interesting to say the least.... I don't see them in the CC bidding, and I think Burnett gets too many years for the Sox liking.... Derek Lowe?

Here's the scouting report on LarsAnderson:

Scouting Report: Large, powerful slugger with a great hitter's frame, excellent present power, and an elite power ceiling. Extremely smooth and fluid swing. Impeccable batting eye with very good patience at the plate, he actually could stand to be a little more aggressive. Hits especially well to the opposite field, but also can pull the ball on occasion. His swing is tailor-made for Fenway. Still strikes out a little bit too much, particularly against off-speed stuff from more advanced pitchers. Athletic for his size, plays a pretty good first base. Digs throws in the dirt well. Makes some nice diving plays, but still can look awkward at times. Mediocre range. Not a stolen base threat, his speed is about average for a big 1B. Takes instruction well and learns fast. Strong work ethic. Intelligent and confident. Likely would have been a supplemental first round pick in 2006 if not for high bonus demands.

BlairSurfInvasion wrote:The lesson here is that if you listen to hair metal in 2007 you are going to have to pay a price, and the currency is ridicule.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Sox get RHP Wes Littleton from Texas for a PTBNL or cash.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Facedown wrote:Sox get RHP Wes Littleton from Texas for a PTBNL or cash.

It always works out well for Texas when they let go of pitching.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Padres are trading Khalil Greene to the Cardinals.

Whoo. Big news.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Man, this board and thread have been dead since the changeover. Not that I'm any less guilty, just saying.

Couple moves made in the last day or two...

Giants signing Rent-a-wreck to a 2 year deal. He'll probably do well back in the NL, but his defense sucks.

Tigers just traded for Jack Wilson, don't know the players involved yet. Pitt was asking for a lot for him from LA, so I'd be interested to see what they got.

Braves offered 4 years with an option to AJ Burnett. That could do it for him. If that happens I think the Yankees are going to be sweating over CC Sabathia not answering their offer so far.

Speaking of Sabathia, apparently the Giants are preparing an offer somewhere between the Brewers 4 yr/$100M deal and the Yankees' 6 yr/$140M deal. I guess they hope he'll leave money on the table to pitch on the west coast, in the NL, and get to hit. Plus his wife likes it there. I have to think if they offer 6 years and $120M he's gone.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

One of the big names (CC, Tex) needs to sign before things will really start happening.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

tin00can wrote:One of the big names (CC, Tex) needs to sign before things will really start happening.
I'm really surprised there hasn't been more movement, though. We're already in the first week of December and there's been NO splashes. I have to figure Burnett and Lowe are waiting for Sabathia to determine the market; this could also be a product of the economy. If I'm either one of the latter two guys, I'm telling my agent to let them know fucking Carlos Silva got 4 / $48M and I'm not taking any less than that. Tough though since the market for pitchers was different last year.

Also, forgot to mention that apparently Andy Pettitte is jerking the Yankees around now. He said last year he would only come back to the Yankees or retire this year and that money wasn't an issue, especially in light of them standing by him after the Mitchell Report last spring. They offered him a one year deal for $10M (down from $16 last year) and nothing is going on.

If he retires that's one thing but if he goes somewhere else like Houston or the Dodgers he's going to lose a loooooooooot of fans.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Is he really going to loose a lot of fans? Not sure that is the right way to describe the situation.
If he did play for another team and if that team played the Yankees during the season, he might subject himself to a boo here and there. That's about it.

Do I want Pettitte back in pinstripes? Somedays I say yes and other days I'm not sure. Based on how he performed at the end of the season, I scratch my head at the idea of having him back.
Then again, a lefty, a veteran, that might do the team a lot of good.
See what I mean, I go back n forth.

I can tell you this much, the Yankees should not pay him $16 million again
this year. He does not deserve that kind of money. He should know that.
$10 million is a very generous offer.
Why he has not yet accepted those terms is a mystery to me.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Machado wrote:Is he really going to loose a lot of fans? Not sure that is the right way to describe the situation.
If he did play for another team and if that team played the Yankees during the season, he might subject himself to a boo here and there. That's about it.
No, I think after the support the Yankees and their fans gave him despite him proven to be a liar and cheater last spring, if he were to spurn them it'd be a giant slap in the face.
Do I want Pettitte back in pinstripes? Somedays I say yes and other days I'm not sure. Based on how he performed at the end of the season, I scratch my head at the idea of having him back.
Then again, a lefty, a veteran, that might do the team a lot of good.
See what I mean, I go back n forth.
If you look how he pitched down the stretch (poorly), I have to think he was simply tired out from not preparing properly during the spring because of the Mitchell stuff and the distractions it caused. He was very up and down all year, but he had better K rates than the year before and he ate up a bunch of innings. Not good for a front end starter but more than adequate for a #4-5 guy, which he'd be.
I can tell you this much, the Yankees should not pay him $16 million again
this year. He does not deserve that kind of money. He should know that.
$10 million is a very generous offer.
Why he has not yet accepted those terms is a mystery to me.
Agreed. $10M is probably overpaying but the Yankees do tend to take care of their own. I would go no higher than $12M on him.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

I see what you are saying, but if Andy went to another team, I would not feel like he slapped me in the face.

It could very well be that the Yankees have told him/will tell him they are no longer interested. These sort of things happen and they can happen behind the scenes, so who's to know the real situation.
Certainly not this smelly locker room...HA HA!!

Andy would not be the #5 pitcher on the Yankees. At the worst #4 and I'm ok with that. He is no longer a #1, but then again, that is common knowledge. Wang alone is a better starter and they each know this.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Machado wrote:Andy would not be the #5 pitcher on the Yankees. At the worst #4 and I'm ok with that. He is no longer a #1, but then again, that is common knowledge. Wang alone is a better starter and they each know this.
Hey, if the Yankees have their way, I'm sure their rotation would shake out like so:

1) Sabathia
2) Wang
3) Burnett/Lowe
4) Pettitte
5) Chamberlain

That'll keep Joba's innings down, not rely on Pettitte so much, and you'd have a lot of inning-eaters there to save the 'pen.

If they don't get Sabathia and one of Burnett/Lowe it's going to be mighty interesting.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Got a giggle out of this. Figured you guys would too

http://deadspin.com/5101995/rickey-hend ... e#c9264881