The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NunoFreak
Population 1

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by NunoFreak »

Fedor is officially known henceforth as a giant pussy!

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/fedor- ... orce-18883
nakedmadman
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by nakedmadman »

Ya know, Dana White comes off like a dick, but this time I don't blame him for being pissed. The Zuffa guys really made some serious strides to get Fedor into the UFC.

""Fedor is a fucking joke," UFC President Dana White responded Monday after learning that Emelianenko had signed with Strikeforce. “He turns down a huge deal and the opportunity to face the best in the world to fight nobodies for no money!"

White also addressed fans: "I feel sorry for the real fight fans. I wanted to make the deal, but it takes two and it is very obvious Fedor doesn't want to fight the best, and doesn't give a shit about the fans!""
BD888

Post by BD888 »

There's no proof of what was offered.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Stuff I've read said he was offered a six fight deal, worth $30Mil, allowing him to still fight in sambo tournies, allowing him to keep M-1 logos on his trunks and backing banners, and the balking point was that the UFC would not go so far as declare M-1 a "co-promotor" a move which would have basically signed over half the company to the M-1 camp.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

nakedmadman wrote:Stuff I've read said he was offered a six fight deal, worth $30Mil, allowing him to still fight in sambo tournies, allowing him to keep M-1 logos on his trunks and backing banners, and the balking point was that the UFC would not go so far as declare M-1 a "co-promotor" a move which would have basically signed over half the company to the M-1 camp.
Don't believe everything you read on Sherdog
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

Actually, no. I don't read Sherdog. I get most of my MMA news from yahoo. Metzler and Lole are usually pretty reliable with their reports.
SlayerNPG
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by SlayerNPG »

Like I said, Fedor just doesn't want to fight in the UFC bottom line. He walked away from an offer where he could have made 5mil a fight to now fighting in Strikeforce for 1mil a fight on showtime that NO ONE will even fucking watch compared to a UFC event. What a coincidence too he signed with the league that has no elbows on the ground. He's not even gonna fight Overeem right away either (his only challenge IMO), so he will be up against cans his first couple of fights too. He's a joke.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

It's getting to the point now, the whole Fedor saga reminds me a lot of Prince Nassim Hamed, and all the shit that went with him. Hamed was supposed to be the next big thing, was knocking out everyone he faced, and was undefeated, but he'd only fight in England. So what happened when he finally got offered ridiculous money to come to the states to fight? He got owned. He'd been fighting cans across the pond for years, and when he came to the states and fought a serious contender, he got blasted. Is that the case with Fedor? Hard to say, but then again, it's hard NOT to say because it's looking a lot like he's ducking the one promotion with some real talent at heavyweight.
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Wouldn't surprise me if he's super protective of his fight record since he's only got one loss under his belt, which was only just because of a cut to begin with. He can pretty much mow through anyone and everyone at Strikeforce and keep his record in tact and make some easy cash to boot. Can't say he'd have that easy of a time in the UFC and he knows this. Maybe he is indeed afraid? Or maybe he just believes in his own hype and his pride couldn't take it if he got thrashed in the UFC? Who knows? Doesn't look like we'll be seeing that anytime soon to begin with.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Well my computer was in the shitter for 2 and half weeks looks like a I missed a bit.

Fuck yeah vitor belforts back, Barnetts a dick, Fedor wont sign with the UFC

Its not Fedors fault, nor is it Zuffas
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

Fedor signs with Strikeforce instead of UFC

Choke!

What a dumbass.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
BD888

Post by BD888 »

UFC 101 Predictions
Here's the odds on the win
08 Aug 22:00 Amir Sadollah v Johny Hendricks 1.80 1.95
08 Aug 22:00 Kendall Grove v Ricardo Almeida 2.37 1.57
08 Aug 22:00 Josh Neer v Kurt Pellegrino 1.50 2.62
08 Aug 22:00 Shane Nelson v Aaron Riley 2.25 1.61
08 Aug 22:00 Tamdan McCrory v John Howard 1.50 2.62
08 Aug 22:00 Thales Leites v Alessio Sakara 1.25 3.75
08 Aug 22:00 Matthew Riddle v Dan Cramer 1.57 2.37
08 Aug 22:00 Jesse Lennox v Danillo Villefort 2.62 1.50
09 Aug 02:00 BJ Penn v Kenny Florian 1.45 2.75
09 Aug 02:00 Anderson Silva v Forrest Griffin 1.25 3.75

I'm taking:
Almeida
Nelson
McCrory
Leites
Riddle
Villefort
BJ Penn
Silva

I left out the top fight because I don't rate either of them, so think it's going to end in a TKO/KO.
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

08 Aug 22:00 Amir Sadollah v Johny Hendricks 1.80 1.95
Sadollah
Almeida
Neer
Nelson

Leites
Cramer

Florian
I think Ken-Flo (despide the SHITTY nick-name) is going to be the "next big thing" at 155, and I think Penn's about due for a shitty fight.

Silva by knockout early.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

nakedmadman wrote:08 Aug 22:00 Amir Sadollah v Johny Hendricks 1.80 1.95
Sadollah
Almeida
Neer
Nelson

Leites
Cramer

Florian
I think Ken-Flo (despide the SHITTY nick-name) is going to be the "next big thing" at 155, and I think Penn's about due for a shitty fight.

Silva by knockout early.
Riddle/Cramer - That's the one I wasn't totally sure of when I placed my bets, although i went for Riddle. I think he's got better jits, and like his attitude. But who know, I could lose some money on this one.

The Prodigy vs Ken-Flo - BJ hasn't lost at this weight class in like 7-8 years, he doesn't cut, he doesn't get KOed, he's a better boxer, better striker, got better BJJ, more flexible, he's pissed off and got something to prove after he was made to look a fool by GSP. I just don't see how Ken-Flo is going to stand and strike with him without getting KO, and I don't see Ken-FLo being able to get a dominant position on the ground to be able to effectively use his elbows. Also, at this weight class I don't see cardio being too much of a factor as BJ has been near weight for a few weeks now. Ken-Flo is really going to have to do a Machida to get into the later rounds.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

enter your username wrote:After Kenny gets his ass kicked, he should get a sandwich.

Holy shit does BJ look good there!

Man, I so want Griffin to win but I just don't see it happening.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Will be missing this card, and pretty much every other UFC till Nov, but

BJ
Silva
Almeda
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

It's a mostly boring card.

Not worth my money, but I will watch free in a couple of days.

Why pay for boring, when I can pay for guaranteed great Indica?

Illegal drugs > boring UFC lineup.

Maybe the next PPV won't come off as so fucking boring on paper, eh UFC?
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."
nakedmadman

Post by nakedmadman »

I'd really like to see Florian whip Penn's ass. I don't know if he can, but I'd like to see it. I think Ken might have a chance if he can stay off the ground, and if he can get it beyond round 3. Penn's got a history of gassing late, and I don't think his stand up is what Florian's is. The problem anyone at 155 is going to have is dealing with the fact that B.J.'s just going to be bigger than anyone he faces at that weight.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

nakedmadman wrote:I'd really like to see Florian whip Penn's ass. I don't know if he can, but I'd like to see it. I think Ken might have a chance if he can stay off the ground, and if he can get it beyond round 3. Penn's got a history of gassing late, and I don't think his stand up is what Florian's is. The problem anyone at 155 is going to have is dealing with the fact that B.J.'s just going to be bigger than anyone he faces at that weight.
Penn has only gassed against guys that are bigger and stronger than him, which Ken-FLo is neither. Also, BJ seems to be in better shape and in recent fights, and has been since prior to getting his ass kicked by GSP, so he's not had a big lay off and allowed himself to get fat like he did in the past.

I reckon there's more chance of Forrest beating Anderson.
NunoFreak
Population 1

Post by NunoFreak »

Holy shit! I was excited about Amir Sadollah finally getting into the Octagon, but he had the worst possible debut ever... :29 seconds of ass whipping?

Booooooooooooo!
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

What the fuck was up with Forrest Griffin? That whole fight was one of the weirdest things I've seen in the UFC.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

I hear rumor that Forrest's jaw was broken early on and that's the reason for the bizarre ending and quick exit from the ring.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
BD888

Post by BD888 »

I think Silva has to move up in weight class. I'd like to see him fight Evans, Jackson, and Machida.

Silva vs. Jackson & Silva vs. Machida would be awesome. I don't have any interest in Silva vs. GSP, as I think GSP would get dominated.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

After this fight ( the only fight I saw) everyone will be begging to see Silva stay at 205, but I mean if hes not gunna fight machida.

Maia(provided he wins)
Sexyama
Hendo
and Okami are interesting fights

they all need at LEAST one more win to be there, but those four on a streak make great MW fights for Silva.

Plus, he needs to break Titos tittle defence record thats a must

Plus plus, he needs to beat at least one asian (not including machida) otherwise that shit will be the MMA equivalent of a small streak mark on jesssica Albas panties

Still a great body of a work, but an iffy factor making its self clear
doctordestructo

Post by doctordestructo »

cumshot
Headlining Clubs

Post by cumshot »

doctordestructo wrote:Image
:lol:

..he wins some and loses some but griffen is still the man.. cool dude.. great fighter.. respect.
cumshot
Headlining Clubs

Post by cumshot »

KillDevilHill wrote:After this fight ( the only fight I saw) everyone will be begging to see Silva stay at 205, but I mean if hes not gunna fight machida.
..the recent word is that him & his trainer made a request to DW to stay at 205 and give-up his belt, which DW is now considering, also silva stated he would "never" fight his friend machida to which DW replied "we'll see about that" with a wink. Things could be getting interesting in the UFC at 205.
BD888

Post by BD888 »

Someone posted this on Sherdog:

Ed Soares: "Anderson Silva vs. Brock Lesnar could be interesting"

Manager and translator of UFC middleweight champion, Anderson “The Spider” Silva has made it clear that his star fears no one and will continue in his quest for the biggest fights available, whatever the weight class.

Speaking on MMAWeekly.com radio, Soares revealed:

“What do you think about Brock Lesnar and Anderson? Maybe that could be interesting.”

You may think that this is just a joke but what you must remember is that former heavyweight champion, Randy Couture faced Lesnar weighing 220 pounds, a weight Silva is known to walk around at regularly.

“Whoever the UFC wants to put in front of him. No one's mentioned anything about it. Joe Silva hasn't talked to me about Chuck Liddell and they have to see what's best for them. That would be a great fight though.”

[kocosports.com]

The LHW division has nothing for Silva. He's already humiliated his first two LHW opponents. He doesn't get hurt and doesn't even get challenged. He's ready for a titleshot, but Machida is his friend, and he said he's not going to fight him.

So Anderson Silva's remaining option is moving down or moving up. There are no powerful technical strikers at HW. Brett Rogers has already KOd Lesnar twice in practice. Anderson Silva is fast enough to elude Lesnar, and he's powerful enough to knock him out.

This is a tremendous challenge for Silva and has the potential for huge PPV numbers. After ten consecutive UFC wins, a record, Silva deserves the honor of an immediate titleshot against Brock Lesnar!

Silva v. Lesnar is a much more exciting prospect than Silva v. GSP for both Silva and UFC fans.
NunoFreak
Population 1

Post by NunoFreak »

Shit, that would be awesome. My nephew and I were just discussing this when watching UFC 101 earlier. I laughed and said it would never happen, but they make a good point about the 220 lbs. thing. I also said it would be the biggest PPV ever for the UFC, it would get insane publicity! And I also said Silva would beat Lesnar...
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Silva versus Lesnar, eh? <rubs fingertips together> Interesting...