The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by jellyheadrobertson »

yeahbuddy wrote: How do you guys think the Condit/Hendricks fight is going to go?
NBK has to avoid the big left of course but I think he will try lots of kicks, knees etc. He has quite a reach advantage. Hendricks has the power but to say he is a wrestler, he didn't look too good vs. Koschek. I like both of these guys but I think Condit may win. Won't be sad whoever loses.

As for the GSP fight, I wish GSP would beat the punk out of Diaz like Henderson did to his brother. But I think it will be a close fight with GSP getting the usual decision by the same methods.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

yeahbuddy wrote: How do you guys think the Condit/Hendricks fight is going to go?
Condit is wild. I think it was Kenny Florian who said that's his strenght but also his weakness, and I agree. Other than the Diaz fight he just goes for it with wreckless abandonment.

yeahbuddy wrote: Oh yeah, during press conference Nick Diaz made a great point. He said if a fighter is going to do nothing but wrestle, the rounds should be 10 minutes long. I'm in favor of that.
Nick prefers the Pride rules as they don't benefit wrestlers as much, I think he has mentioned this before but I agree with him. Also yellow cards.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

[quCondit is wild. I think it was Kenny Florian who said that's his strenght but also his weakness, and I agree. Other than the Diaz fight he just goes for it with wreckless abandonment.ote][/quote]

If he tries that with Hendrix he's gonna get clipped with that monster left that Hendrix has.
I'm not a big Condit fan, so I hope that happens.
Actually just want to see Hendrix continue his string of knock outs.
Pimp_From_The_Grave
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Pimp_From_The_Grave »

Marquardt destroyed.

:shock:
ImageImage
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Nick Diaz classless per usual.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:Nick Diaz classless per usual.

Taunting during the fight, taking a swing after the bell (twice), calling GSP a bitch even while he's losing to him...ladies and gentlemen, Nick Diaz!

Already seeing a bunch of people complaining about GSP wrestle-fucking Diaz. GSP also stood up with him and while Diaz came close in the third round, he couldn't do much. Diaz got his ass beat.

But man, how about that Hendricks/Condit fight? I feel for Condit. Two losses in a row but to the best two fighters in the division. I hope Hendricks finds a way to avoid GSP getting on top of him.
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

Diaz = worthless piece of shit.

GSP fought the perfect fight. He stood with him, took some shots, but out jabbed him, and beat him at that game.

GSP took him to the ground, mostly when he wanted to, and controlled the fight. Diaz didn't have a thing for him.

And now the stupid fuck wants a rematch? And thinks he is a better match for Anderson Silva? Fuck me kids, drugs are bad ok.
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

http://www.mmanews.com/news/90921

"Five rounds woke me up, I'm ready to fight."

Diaz also went on to say that despite retirement talk he wants a rematch.

"I'm trying to get out of this gig, but I would love a rematch. I think I could beat you. I really do, I think I could beat him. I think I could stop the takedowns for the first two rounds and get to fight my whole fight and I think I could beat you."

---------------------------

What an ass. Good fighters like GSP don't let you fight your whole fight, that's why you lost. And why you would lose again. Especially if it takes you five rounds to wake up and get ready to fight.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

I think Carlos Condit should have gotten the nod there.
The standup was fairly even and Hendricks takedowns didn't lead anywhere, Condit even outlanded him from the bottom. Great fight anyway.

The GSP fight...yeah he dominated but he's one of the most boring champs ever.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

I actually feel sorry for Diaz. Listening to him talk after the fight, about not paying taxes, not having people to train with...it's obvious he has had nobody looking out for him. He's been training mma with Cesar and triathlons since a teen, never graduated high school. The guy seems to know nothing about basic living skills outside of training.

He also sounds exactly like the high school kids I work with that are emotionally and socially challenged that don't understand how the things they do result in positive or negative outcomes. When bad things happen they struggle with taking responsibility because somehow being in the wrong is a threat to their ego and sense of infallibility. Also adding in the paranoid conspiracies of others out to do them harm.

Part of it may also be he refuses people's help because he's supposed to be "keepin it real" or whatever and be his own man. But he really needs help getting his shit together and I hope Dana keeps to his statement he would contact his lawyer to follow up on it. Also wish he would get him some type of financial education/advice. Dana likes to deride boxing about promoters taking advantage of their fighters. It would be nice to see them do something for him.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

The thing is, GSP is so fucking good, that he takes his opponent out of their game plan, totally negates their strengths, and makes the fight HIS fight. You might call it boring, but what should he do, just stand there and trade punches? I have been a fighter, just standing there getting hit isn't fun. lol. He asserts his will and fights his fight. He doesn't have consistent one punch knock out power (although anyone can get lucky, cough cough Matt Serra) so GSP plays to his strengths and wins the battle.
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

WolfgangVonPage wrote:The thing is, GSP is so fucking good, that he takes his opponent out of their game plan, totally negates their strengths, and makes the fight HIS fight. You might call it boring, but what should he do, just stand there and trade punches? I have been a fighter, just standing there getting hit isn't fun. lol. He asserts his will and fights his fight. He doesn't have consistent one punch knock out power (although anyone can get lucky, cough cough Matt Serra) so GSP plays to his strengths and wins the battle.
I agree with you but the fact remains that his fights just aren't exciting to me. And I actually enjoy his old fights with Hughes Trigg etc.
Rÿche 1
Headlining Clubs

Post by Rÿche 1 »

gsp is awesome he gets the job done

diaz is a clown everybody already knows that though

gsp will beat hendricks i think
QRÿche R.I.P. 1982-2012

I am NOT uptheass, so go fuck yourself...
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

If anyone here wants to tell me that Diaz up a better fight against GSP than Condit then go ahead.

Let's look at a bunch of clowns being MMA experts in here one year ago after the Diaz vs Condit fight:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=190517&start=1290

yeahbuddy wrote:So, when GSP & Condit fight, what? They going to just counter each other the whole fight? Who's going to set the pace & throw the first punch in that snooze fest?
tin00can wrote:Agree that Diaz was robbed. Wow.

How about Big Country surviving that first round? Dude's face is made of iron or something.
Pimp_From_The_Grave wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:So, when GSP & Condit fight, what? They going to just counter each other the whole fight? Who's going to set the pace & throw the first punch in that snooze fest?

I hope you are wrong but you won't be... :D

:wink:
slash4pres wrote:There HAS to be a rematch. That was a robbery of Shogun/Machida 1 proportions. How do you win a fight while backing up for five rounds while getting punched in the face?
mullet_head wrote:Image

AND here is me making sense and being fair:
FullDJacket wrote:Condit's win was legit. This was less controversial than Sonnen's win last week. It was obvious that Condit landed more punches and more kicks. Diaz didn't do shit the entire fight. Slowly walking with your guard down doesn't mean that you have octagon control.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Sure, but outstriking your opponent in rounds one and two and outgrappling him in round 5 wins you the fight. Sure, Condit put up a better fight than DIaz against GSP, but that still doesn't change that Diaz beat Condit, no matter what the judges say. Condit may have landed more leg kicks, but Diaz landed more head and body strikes.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

slash4pres wrote:Sure, but outstriking your opponent in rounds one and two and outgrappling him in round 5 wins you the fight. Sure, Condit put up a better fight than DIaz against GSP, but that still doesn't change that Diaz beat Condit, no matter what the judges say. Condit may have landed more leg kicks, but Diaz landed more head and body strikes.
Fedor could put you in side control and rape you in the ass and you still wouldn't know a thing about MMA.

Just bow down and take it clown.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Right, because having a different opinion of how a close fight went down means I know nothing about MMA. Nice job actually giving analysis as to why you thought Carlos won, asshat. Lemme guess, you "train UFC" and you could kick my ass with both hands tied behind the back, right?
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

slash4pres wrote:Right, because having a different opinion of how a close fight went down means I know nothing about MMA. Nice job actually giving analysis as to why you thought Carlos won, asshat. Lemme guess, you "train UFC" and you could kick my ass with both hands tied behind the back, right?
:wink:
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

FullDJacket wrote:If anyone here wants to tell me that Diaz up a better fight against GSP than Condit then go ahead.

tin00can wrote:Agree that Diaz was robbed. Wow.

How about Big Country surviving that first round? Dude's face is made of iron or something.
AND here is me making sense and being fair:
FullDJacket wrote:Condit's win was legit. This was less controversial than Sonnen's win last week. It was obvious that Condit landed more punches and more kicks. Diaz didn't do shit the entire fight. Slowly walking with your guard down doesn't mean that you have octagon control.

I honestly don't remember writing that but I'll stand behind it. Things change from fight to fight. I certainly agree Condit gave GSP a much better fight than did Diaz, no doubt about that. The GSP/Condit fight was good for both of them, I was surprised at the standup and how bloody GSP got. You don't see GSP get bloody too often.

I have a ton of respect for Condit after his last two fights. He fought GSP better than anyone I remember doing it in quite a while, and if the Hendricks fight had gone one more round (I know, ifs and buts) he probably would have won that one. He's lost two in a row, but to the top two guys in the division. I'd enjoy seeing him get a rematch with Diaz. My guess is that he'd win again and this time I'd be more convinced.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Anyone watching the arlovski Johnson fight?
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Anyone watching the arlovski Johnson fight?
I wanted Arlovski to win but the man has a weak chin, he was saved by the bell in the first there. Rumble got on my nerves stalling and humping arlovski's leg, and so did arlovski for not trying harder but apparently he got his jaw broken in the first.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

mullet_head wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:Anyone watching the arlovski Johnson fight?
I wanted Arlovski to win but the man has a weak chin, he was saved by the bell in the first there. Rumble got on my nerves stalling and humping arlovski's leg, and so did arlovski for not trying harder but apparently he got his jaw broken in the first.
Yeah not sure what Johnson was doing. He was winning the exchanges and looked he could finish arlovski but would just start humping his leg. Was he gassing or afraid to get hit in return? Would like to see Johnson back in UFC at light heavy and see what he could do against jones
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

I wouldn't expect much I think he was gassed, he gassed against Vitor too. Two more rounds and Arlovski could maybe squeeze out a win, let alone Jones.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Watching tuf...this Uriah hall guy is scary good. I don't even like watching his fight because it looks painful. Too bad about Gustafson out this weekend...
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Watching tuf...this Uriah hall guy is scary good. I don't even like watching his fight because it looks painful.

So much for Bubba always trying to get the easy fight. :lol: Didn't quite work out for him this season. Not sure how he fucking got the Wildcard anyway.
And Hall is an absolute BEAST.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

I see the Fuel fight this weekend has gone into the dumper.
The guy had a nasty cut on his eye, and Dana was saying the
fight would happen. What the??
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

What's funny is that if you look up a pic of Gus a day after teh fight was called off, you can barely notice the cut.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

What's funny is that if you look up a pic of Gus a day after teh fight was called off, you can barely notice the cut.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

slash4pres wrote:What's funny is that if you look up a pic of Gus a day after teh fight was called off, you can barely notice the cut.
A cut is a cut though. Talk about giving the other figher an advantage. What does it matter? Even if the guy won the fight has no chance against Jones.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Anybody watching the Invicta 5 fights tonight?
I'm in.
I want to see the man they call Cyborg.