The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by burt1098 »

Yup, dude deserves to go out his way. Hell, he never said no to a fight until he got the belt...Lol...He has the f'ed up eye, bailed Dana out in Shanghai this weekend.

Give him Vitor Belfort, Rashad Evans or Smilin Sam Alvey in London and he'll put on a show and walk away.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:
I had no idea black people played horseshoes.

" It didn't say ya' couldn't...."
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Who ya got?

IDIAMINDADA wrote:

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Pretty good night of fights. I wish Edgar was able to fight, that would have been great. Jose says he was injured last fight. This is his chance to prove if it was a fluke. I still think max takes it.

Overseen Ngannou
This one is tough to pick. Overeem has no chin. And ngannou hits like a truck. But, overeem has been shown to be more crafty in his past few fights. Doing better picking his spots. I have a feeling overeem will get starched again.

Alvarez gaetche it however you spell it,
This should be brawl of the year. Alvarez talking like he’s going to brawl, but I think he’s going to try for control instead, Justin, I don’t know how much longer his chin is going to last, he was knocked silly 3 times in his last fight with Johnson. By shear luck and will, he was able to catch Johnson with a uppercut and finish it, how much longer can he go fighting the way he does?

Should be good times
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

My picks...

Aldo via leg kicks wearing Holloway down and gets the finish. Immediately calls out McGregor.

Ngannou by knocking Overeem's head into the 5th row. Immediately calls out Miocic.

Alvarev via knockout over Gatheje. Immediately calls out McGregor or Nate Diaz.

Cejudo by strangulation over Pettis. Immediately calls out MIghty Mouse.

Felder over Oliveira (Iaquinta/Felder would have been a war). Immediately politely asks Dana for a ranked fight next.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

I love me some heavyweight fights!! Such an interesting fight especially with Overeem now with Jackson he fights ALOT smarter but the reality is he's also a natural 205'r who pumped himself up 30-40 pounds with "horse meat" :shock: :shock: WTF? I think the fight goes one of 2 ways, a vicious vicious KO by Ngannou or The Reem somehow gets him to the ground and submits him as Ngannou is very unfamiliar with ground work.

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

That was a fun night of fights. I missed the Undercard unfortunately. Max proved the first fight with Aldo was not a fluke. Watching the fight, though, Aldo did not look like the same guy he was a couple years ago. Seemed very tentative and tight. He had spots in which he let go, but man that KO to McG and the loss to Max must have killed his confidence. He threw some leg kicks, but I was expecting more of that from him. Max was in his face the whole time and would not let up. He completely drained Aldo. Next in like should be the Edgar fight.

Overeem destroyed by a Mortal Combat-styled finish. Holy crap was that insane. When they were against the cage, N'Gannou dwarfed Overeem. Overeem usually has the size advantage, but N'Gannou is f'n huge! Who is going to stop this monster? Can Stipe stay away from him long enough to avoid getting caught at some point? I don't know. Hopefully they get Stipe's contract issues taken care of and have this fight on the Boston card.

Alvarez v Justin
I had a feeling Justin's chin was going to falter in this one. That knee though was hellish. Was it just me, or did Justin look off in this fight? I was somewhat expecting Alvarez to try and wrestle/ control him. Alvarez did a good job of body shots and staying out of Justin's range, aside from those nasty leg kicks. Great fight.

What'd you guys think?
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

I wonder if Justin did too much leading up to the fight? Like McGregor was doing leading up to the 1st Diaz fight. Tuf, a ton of media, your friends and family expecting so much...etc. I agree, he just didn't look ready to fight when he got in the ring.

Aldo's problem is he hasn't evolved. He was king for 10 years or whatever. But Holloway is already a better fighter at 25 years old, plus the cardio difference is huge between the two. Aldo, Edgar, Swanson, Mendes if he ever comes back...they all just got old. Holloway is the real deal and reigns until somebody we aren't aware of yet pops up and makes a run to the top. Brian Ortega is the only guy I see right now that keeps improving, but he's still a long way away.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
Overeem destroyed by a Mortal Combat-styled finish. Holy crap was that insane. When they were against the cage, N'Gannou dwarfed Overeem. Overeem usually has the size advantage, but N'Gannou is f'n huge! Who is going to stop this monster? Can Stipe stay away from him long enough to avoid getting caught at some point? I don't know. Hopefully they get Stipe's contract issues taken care of and have this fight on the Boston card.
When they were against the cage The Reem tried to put Ngannou against the cage and you could tell by the look on his face it was like "oh fuck, this guy is bigger than I thought!" Reminded me of Mir Vs Lesnar in the rematch when Mir tried the same move and Lesnar didn't move an inch and the look on Mir's face told the whole story. The Reem is a bully and when Bullies get out bullied they tend to fade real fast and ever since he's had to fight clean he's never been the same fighter.

In terms of Miocic, he's an incredibly smart fighter but with Ngannou all it takes is one shot and you are done. The scary thing is if you watch that punch in slow motion he didn't even get everything on it, I can't imagine what damage a full force shot would do?

Earl
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Earl Skakel wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:
When they were against the cage The Reem tried to put Ngannou against the cage and you could tell by the look on his face it was like "oh fuck, this guy is bigger than I thought!" Reminded me of Mir Vs Lesnar in the rematch when Mir tried the same move and Lesnar didn't move an inch and the look on Mir's face told the whole story. The Reem is a bully and when Bullies get out bullied they tend to fade real fast and ever since he's had to fight clean he's never been the same fighter.

In terms of Miocic, he's an incredibly smart fighter but with Ngannou all it takes is one shot and you are done. The scary thing is if you watch that punch in slow motion he didn't even get everything on it, I can't imagine what damage a full force shot would do?

Earl

And Miocic seems to get caught early on in fights. He won't get a second chance against N'Gannou. If N'Gannou touches his chin, it's night, night time.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

burt1098 wrote:
Earl Skakel wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:

Earl

And Miocic seems to get caught early on in fights. He won't get a second chance against N'Gannou. If N'Gannou touches his chin, it's night, night time.
To me right now Ngannou is just like Rousey, dominating opponents so easily that the only question is what happens that first time he gets hit and how does he react? Nobody can touch his power, that is for sure but if and it's a big if what happens if Miocic can get him to the ground how will he react to a position he's probably never been in before? Will be a great fight that's for sure, kind of fell bad for Werdum as he's the #2 guy but the UFC never goes off the rankings solely so he's probably not that surprised he's not gonna get the next shot.

Earl
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Brian Motherfucking Ortega takes out #4 Cub Swanson...BOOM!!!!!!!!!! Kid has a great chin, just kept walking forward with almost zero respect for Cub's "power"...Lol
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

Drunken Little Elf
Recording Your Demo

Post by Drunken Little Elf »

burt1098 wrote:Yup, dude deserves to go out his way. Hell, he never said no to a fight until he got the belt...Lol...He has the f'ed up eye, bailed Dana out in Shanghai this weekend.

Give him Vitor Belfort, Rashad Evans or Smilin Sam Alvey in London and he'll put on a show and walk away.
I've never been a fan, but I have to respect the career he's had.

Also, I have to admit I was wrong. I really thought he would have made some snide comment about GSP at this point.

But I guess Dana will do that for him.
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

RJD brought it to Lawler for 5 rounds. Damn that was impressive. However, I think Woodley destroys him no problem.

Who can give Woodley a run for his money other than another Thompson snoozefest? Covington could barely handle Maia's standup. Woodley would eat him alive.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

burt1098 wrote:RJD brought it to Lawler for 5 rounds. Damn that was impressive. However, I think Woodley destroys him no problem.

Who can give Woodley a run for his money other than another Thompson snoozefest? Covington could barely handle Maia's standup. Woodley would eat him alive.
I agree. Unfortunately.

Maybe Till, but he needs a big fight against a legit top 10 contender.

Also, Lawler's leg was fucked up in the second round. Impressive he lasted the full fight.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Lawler vs. Wonderboy! Book it!

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

pieceofme wrote:Lawler vs. Wonderboy! Book it!

Wonderboy removes his head with a kick. Lawler looked bad against Woodley and appears to have slowed down. I mean, Donald Cerrone takes you 5 rounds? Lol...c'mon man!

There is a weird glut of contenders at 170 right now. As you said, maybe Till is the real deal?
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

burt1098 wrote:
pieceofme wrote:Lawler vs. Wonderboy! Book it!

Wonderboy removes his head with a kick. Lawler looked bad against Woodley and appears to have slowed down. I mean, Donald Cerrone takes you 5 rounds? Lol...c'mon man!

There is a weird glut of contenders at 170 right now. As you said, maybe Till is the real deal?
I'm pretty sure that is the fight Wonderboy wants. Yeah, Welterweight is weird at the moment. Can't stand Woodley, but can't really see anyone beating him at the moment. If Wonderboy was champ, and Woodley was the challenger, then Wonderboy probably would have 'won' that first fight. They always seem to favour the champ. You have to really prove you beat the champ, instead of just having a draw. For example, Lawler's fights with Condit and MacDonald could have easily the gone the contenders way.

It's a shame MacDonald isn't in the UFC anymore.

Carlos Condit is fighting soon. Intrigued to see how he does. I guess the coffee business didn't do that well.

EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

pieceofme wrote:
burt1098 wrote:
pieceofme wrote: Lawler's fights ...MacDonald could have easily the gone the contenders way.

How do you figure that? McDonald was tkod
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
burt1098 wrote:
How do you figure that? McDonald was tkod
Fuck. Was thinking of his first fight with Lawler for some reason.

burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Holm
Barbosa
Condit

Those are my picks...Lol
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Great display by Khabib. In the press conference afterwards, he did say McGregor winning just one fight at 155 and being champion is crazy, and a lot of fighters in that weight class could beat him. Would like to see Khabib vs. McGregor or Ferguson. But Ferguson would be more legit.

Holm's tactics were weird imo. She should have done more kicks to the leg or body. She was always going for the knockout. Fair play for going the distance though.

Condit looks nothing like a natural born killer these days. Can tell he doesn't really have the motivation anymore. Shame, but I think the fighters have improved since his prime a few years ago.

burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

And after those predictions, the Powerball Lottery winning numbers are.......................
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

Let's see how long it takes, before I have to take this question to the Lounge:

Did the new UFC ownership stop releasing DVDs? Because, I haven't seen a Best of.. offered these past 2 years. SAD!
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:Let's see how long it takes, before I have to take this question to the Lounge:

Did the new UFC ownership stop releasing DVDs? Because, I haven't seen a Best of.. offered these past 2 years. SAD!
I’m pretty sure that has to do with fight pass. They’d rather you spend the $9 a month membership, which to be fair, is a decent deal to get access to their library and live events.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Holloway/Edgar UFC 222...Poor Frankie!
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Free fights tonight on FoxSports 1. Prelims start at 8. Stephens vs. Choi should be a fucking blast to watch.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

burt1098 wrote:Free fights tonight on FoxSports 1. Prelims start at 8. Stephens vs. Choi should be a fucking blast to watch.
Poor superboy. Stephens obviously has way more power than Cub Swanson.

burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

Miocic and Cormier both laid down some ass whoopins last night!
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

burt1098
Headlining Clubs

Post by burt1098 »

And Rory MacDonald in Bellator with that fucked up shin...good lord that was disturbing looking. But he is a warrior and pushed through to get the win with the ground and pound.
IDIAMINDADA wrote:

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

burt1098 wrote:Miocic and Cormier both laid down some ass whoopins last night!
Good!

I was rooting for both those guys. 8)