THE LA LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

GrayAntiMatter
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: CELTIC FANS PREPARE FOR YOUR IMMINENT DOOM YOU IDIOTS!!!

Post by GrayAntiMatter »

Boston got spanked.....

Ray Allen has pretty much always been overrated. Rondo is grossly inconsistent. Marburry won't be back (Lakers...)

They better hope KG comes back with a vegance next season, if they hope to get a 2 seed in the East...
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

ray allen overrated? dude is one of the best shooters in nba history, he had a bad series, it happens and for most of the series his shots were going in and out. If rondo practices his ass off on his shooting and at the FT line he could be downright scary, boston got spanked and i knew it was coming, doc coached horribly the last two games. Still I knew their chances of a repeat went down with garnett, and they played their hearts out with out him.

But grishnak come on, you didn't seriously compare andrew bynum to Kevin garnett did you?, Garnett is bostons #1 defender, not to mention team leader, his loss was fucking huge, Bynum and his 6 pts per game this post season only proves that last year with him boston still kills the heartless lakers, I could understand comparing bynum to leon powe but not garnett, not ever.

And i would seriously be shocked if LA advances past denver. they need to clean house, seriously, when denver beats them i can definitley see kobe crying for another trade.
vanny
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by vanny »

I'm disappointed in the celtics :cry:
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

vanny wrote:I'm disappointed in the celtics :cry:
no doubt but really, the better team won, this series should've been over a couple games back, I think tonight boston thought since they've done it before they could just go on a 17-2 run at any time and take it, they played terribley, Doc coached like shit this series with the exception of game 5. rondo seriously needed to be yanked so many fucking times in this series he went from the best player in the first round to a fucking liability with his airballs and bricks, allen had a terrible series and they still went 7, that should never have happened. A cleveland/bos series would've been ugly, Orlando has a better shot at cle, though i doubt they put up much of a fight.
GreazyCapri
Headlining Clubs

Post by GreazyCapri »

grishnak boss wrote:BOSTON CHOKES AT HOME AGAINST A TEAM THAT'S ONLY KNOWN BECAUSE OF SHAQUILLE AND A DUDE WHO WORE A SUPERMAN CAPE AT THE DUNK CONTEST.

Only known because of Shaq and Dwight?
Nigga, please.

Jon Koncak bitchez!
ImageImage
Stoner wrote:Everyone here sucks.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Subhuman Yeti wrote:Boston loses!

Boston loses!

Boston loses!

Boston lost game 7!!!

OUCH.

:lol:

BOSTON FUCKING LOST!

Oh shit.

Yeah, it must be nice being a Laker fan this year.

Garnett was out for the playoffs. Yet they still went far.

You have a chance this year. I bet if they Lakeshow lost Kobe Pippen, they wouldn't even make it past the first round.
bighairdiscs
Recording Debut Album

Post by bighairdiscs »

grishnak boss wrote:BOSTON CHOKES AT HOME AGAINST A TEAM THAT'S ONLY KNOWN BECAUSE OF SHAQUILLE AND A DUDE WHO WORE A SUPERMAN CAPE AT THE DUNK CONTEST. HOW COME THEY LOSE LIKE THIS?

FUCKIN FLOPPER TEAM, THAT'S WHY
The Celts were a team that were desperately short-handed (missing Garnett and Powe) and with a much worse bench than last year (Mikey Moore and Starbury???) - yet, they still fought all the way to within 1 game of the Eastern Conf. championship....... honestly, I don't think they had any business even getting that far - so, I give them a lot of credit. Flopper?? - I think not.
grishnak boss wrote:
THE LAKERS WENT THROUGH THE SAME SITUATION LAST YEAR, LOST 1 MAN AND EVEN THEN REACHED THE FINALS - BOSTON ONLY LOSES GARNETT, NOT HALF THE FUCKIN ROSTER, AND EVERYTHING GOES DOWN THE DRAIN, TALK ABOUT EXCUSES :lol:
So you are comparing Andrew Bynum to a sure-fire Hall Of Fame player in Kevin Garnett?

Losing Garnett for the Celts is lot closer to the Lakers losing Kobe than Bynum...... I would equate the loss of Leon Powe as closer to the loss of Andrew Bynum

Q: How far would the Lakers get without Kobe??
BlairSurfInvasion wrote:The lesson here is that if you listen to hair metal in 2007 you are going to have to pay a price, and the currency is ridicule.
GrayAntiMatter
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by GrayAntiMatter »

Do the Lakers have another Hall Of Fame candidate on the bench behind Kobe?

Way to point out that the Lakers are still one man carrying a team on his shoulders and Boston isn't. Not like KG ever did a damn thing when he was a one man show....
GreazyCapri
Headlining Clubs

Post by GreazyCapri »

Funny how nobody mentions that the Magic have been without all-star pg Jameer Nelson.
Boo-fuckin-hoo with all this Garnett shit. :cry: :cry:
ImageImage
Stoner wrote:Everyone here sucks.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

grishnak boss wrote:
GrayAntiMatter wrote:What is that 3-1 record, relative to the Iverson/Billups swap.....
One egomaniac loser for a nomad PG who got lucky 1 time, it's all the same.

They got Billups in that trade - B-i-l-l-u-p-s - not Michael Jordan.

Billups, who is a fixture in every conference Finals for the past seven years. Who was a proven winner and champion in Detroit. And has the drive and the crew (K-Mart, Nene, Melo, J.R. Smith and the fucking Birdman) against an aging Fish, a shitty Bynum, injured Odom and a soft, non clutch, Gasol. Not to mention an egomanic in Kobe who will chuck bad shots all night in attempt to win a game by himself if things get desperate. (See last years Finals, 2004 Finals, 2007 Playoffs) Or, he'll quit in the game (2006 against The Suns (!))

They'll lose and Gasol, or Kobe will get traded as a result.

And The Magic are too busy calling out their own coach. They got the tools, they just hate Stan Van Gundy. D-Wight especially.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

GrayAntiMatter wrote:Do the Lakers have another Hall Of Fame candidate on the bench behind Kobe?

Way to point out that the Lakers are still one man carrying a team on his shoulders and Boston isn't. Not like KG ever did a damn thing when he was a one man show....
No the lakers don't have any HOFers next to Ko-ME, they got mostly hype, but.

the lakers are far from a one man show, Pau gasol carried them yesterday, he played like he should most of the time, he's just a heartless bitch, as is odom, lakers are full of talent, they just don't have a leader and they can't play defense for shit, which is why the C's made them their bitch in the finals last year, great leadership and defense, Lakers will only be dreaming about the trophy cuz they don't have either. Nuggets in 6 and Kobe cries to the media for more help in the offseason.
grishnak boss
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by grishnak boss »

Rainbow Bright wrote:

Billups, who is a fixture in every conference Finals for the past seven years. Who was a proven winner and champion in Detroit. And has the drive and the crew (K-Mart, Nene, Melo, J.R. Smith and the fucking Birdman) against an aging Fish, a shitty Bynum, injured Odom and a soft, non clutch, Gasol. Not to mention an egomanic in Kobe who will chuck bad shots all night in attempt to win a game by himself if things get desperate. (See last years Finals, 2004 Finals, 2007 Playoffs) Or, he'll quit in the game (2006 against The Suns (!))

They'll lose and Gasol, or Kobe will get traded as a result.

And The Magic are too busy calling out their own coach. They got the tools, they just hate Stan Van Gundy. D-Wight especially.
You know you're my homegirl, a great basketball fan :D

Having said that, Billups has been a fixture in every conference finals for the last 7 years, and has actually advanced to the championship what, twice? His percentage is bad if you look it that way! He's almost guaranteed to fail :lol:

It's gonna be a great series, but sadly for nuggets fans, the lakers will win.
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

GrayAntiMatter wrote:Do the Lakers have another Hall Of Fame candidate on the bench behind Kobe?

THE POWER OF KOBE!!!

MJ'S HEIR.

Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Now Paul Pierce can shut his big fat fucking mouth. Dumb bitch. Eddie House? GO SUCK A DOG DICK YOU UNPROFESSIONAL THUG FUCK!

The rest of the team I dig.

They're gettin' ready as we speak!

http://www.nba.com/lakers/lakergirls/08lgfinals.html

Kobe's gonna rape the Nuggets and toss 'em in the garbage like he does with all his bitches!
ImageImageImage
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Lakers cakewalk to the Finals starts soon!

whats King James record in The Finals

after the Lakers sweep in will be 0-8
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

grishnak boss wrote:

THE POWER OF KOBE!!!

MJ'S HEIR.
No. No he's not.

He's not even close.

MJ never shot poorly in the Finals. MJ never lost the Finals. I don't ever recall seeing MJ cry because he was beaten by the Spurs.

There will never be another Jordan.

Just stop it. Kobe is a great scorer, he's not Micheal Jordan.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

LAglamrocker wrote:Lakers cakewalk to the Finals starts soon!

whats King James record in The Finals

after the Lakers sweep in will be 0-8
The Cavs team that played the Spurs in 2007 was awful. Any team sporting Damon Jones (Who racked up a 12 Trillion (!) in Game 1) and Larry Hughes is destined for failure. Lebron tried to do it solo against Duncan, Ginobli, Tony Parker and basketball thug Bruce Bowen. Since then, they've ditched both Jones and Hughes and regulated the corpse of Ben Wallace to the bench. And that Mo Williams kid added a spark to that team that was...lacking.

They'll crush the on again off again Lakers. The Nuggs, it could go either way. It would depend on how they dispatch L.A.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

well the Lakers were 2-0 vs the Cavs

after the Finals it will be King Kobe and Queen James
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

LAglamrocker wrote:well the Lakers were 2-0 vs the Cavs

after the Finals it will be King Kobe and Queen James
Regular season means jack shit, the lakers are playing like the title is owed to them and it will bite them in the ass, just like it did last year. they think as long as col. sanders is holding the clipboard and jack nicholson is running his trap on the sidelines all is good, no killer instinct= no title.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Shit, I have to admit I watched the last few minutes of the Magic/Celtics game the other night, just to see Boston lose.

I really don't care about basketball, but the fact that all of a sudden people in Boston cared about the NBA again because the Celtics got good made me laugh. My buddy that lives up there says it's an absolute joke.

I'm pulling for the Magic, only because they're my team down here now. However, from what I read, LeBron is like a man on a mission. A LeBron/Kobe finals would be cool. Nuggets are totally uninteresting.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

grishnak boss wrote:BOSTON CHOKES AT HOME AGAINST A TEAM THAT'S ONLY KNOWN BECAUSE OF SHAQUILLE AND A DUDE WHO WORE A SUPERMAN CAPE AT THE DUNK CONTEST.
The 94-95 Magic team was good and well coached. Hardaway, Shaq, Scott and Anderson weren't just good players, they were great. Hill was the perfect coach for them. Shaq wasn't even the best player on that particular team.

Are you really young?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
grishnak boss

LA Lakers 2009 NBA champs!!!

Post by grishnak boss »

THE MIGHTY LAKERS, WHO ONLY HAD 48 HRS REST DIDN'T QUIT FIGHTING AND WON THE FIRST GAME IN THE SERIES - THE NUGGETS CAME IN WITH A WEEK'S REST, GAVE IT THEIR BEST SHOT AT STEALING HOME COURT ADVANTAGE AND EVEN THEN, LOST

- BWAHAHAHA!!!-

IT'S ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE NIGGAS, JUST BE GRATEFUL DENVER SHARES THE SPOTLIGHT WITH AN EXTREMELY TALENTED LAKERS TEAM, AND HAPPY WITH THEIR ROLE AS A SMALL SIDE NOTE TO L.A.'s 2009 CHAMPIONSHIP CORONATION.

WHAT A

Image!!!

nycyankee
Recording Debut Album

Post by nycyankee »

Jerry West thinks that Lebron James is better than Kobe and might go down as the greatest ever. I totally agree with him. I posted here a few months ago that I thought lebron had a good chance of going down as the best ever.

Just in case Lakers fans start bringing up the # of rings Kobe has, I have 2 words for you:

SHAQUILLE O'NEAL.

Lebron is a 24 yr old phenom carrying a team full of scrubs to the NBA finals. You take a away Lebron James from the Cavs and replace him with Kobe and you have a team that doesn't get out of the 1st round.
GrayAntiMatter
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by GrayAntiMatter »

nycyankee wrote: Lebron is a 24 yr old phenom carrying a team full of scrubs to the NBA finals. You take a away Lebron James from the Cavs and replace him with Kobe and you have a team that doesn't get out of the 1st round.

That, is complete bullshit
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

what a choke job by the nuggets, i know you have to let someone other than kobe beat you, but leaving guys wide open for 3's with a 7 point lead with 5 to go? not to mention the bricks at the FT line, they needed this win and pissed it away.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

I'm just wondering where these Laker nutswinger fucks were during the mediocre times...you know, after SHAQ left, and it was only the Kobe show...and he was whining to be traded.

And the greatest team in the history of basketball?! Don't the Celtics have like 17 championship trophies? Delusional Twat party, your table is ready...

I can't comment on the game, as I hate watching it, and I'm strictly a scoreboard watcher. That being said...

Shit! :x
Fuck sigs.
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Kobe Bryant?

Scored 15 of the Lakers' final 23 points, leading them back from a seven-point deficit? Check.

"It's crazy that you start to get used to it," Lamar Odom said. "You get used to greatness."

Had the game's biggest assist on a double-teamed pass to Derek Fisher, who made a three-pointer in the final three minutes to give the Lakers the lead? Check.

"He has unbelievable will," Trevor Ariza said.

Grabbed the game's biggest rebound, on a missed J.R. Smith free throw in the final ticks? Check.

"He knows what this team needs, and he just does it," Ariza said.

Sank the game's biggest free throws, making six straight down the stretch? Check.

"He got more aggressive," Denver's Chauncey Billups said of Bryant's trips to the line. "You don't settle, you attack, that's what great ones do."

Covered the Nuggets two best players throughout the game, starting with Chauncey Billups and finishing with Carmelo Anthony? Check.

He switched to Anthony after Ariza, who was guarding him, picked up his fourth foul midway through the fourth quarter

Switched in typical Bryant fashion.

Said Coach Phil Jackson: "It was his idea."

Said Ariza: "He came over to me and said he was guarding him."

Bryant grinned.

"I had to go down there and wrestle with the bear, it's part of my responsibility to the team," he said.

He wrestled so hard, Billups scored one basket in the first half, while Anthony struggled to get open down the stretch.

"I had to dig a little deeper," Bryant said.

He dug so deep, Ariza credited Bryant with Ariza's soaring steal of Anthony Carter's inbounds pass toward Billups with 29 seconds remaining and the Lakers leading by two.

"The play was for Carmelo, but Kobe had him covered, so they had to go to Billups, and I was there," Ariza said.

Oh, and by the way, Bryant did all this after reinjuring the finger on his right hand at the start of the fourth quarter.

"No big deal," Bryant said. "It popped out, I popped it back in, went to the bench to get some tape, got back out there."

Overall, Kobe being "back out there" accounted for 40 points, six rebounds, and one sizable reminder.

Taking it hard, Denver Coach George Karl, asked to talk about the game, sat in silence for five seconds.

"I'm not really going to analyze," said Karl. "They're a great team, they were great in the end and they have the best closer in the sport."

So where's all that "L.A. don't have a heart" bullshit you idiots kept braying about?

Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:I'm just wondering where these Laker nutswinger fucks were during the mediocre times...you know, after SHAQ left, and it was only the Kobe show...and he was whining to be traded.

And the greatest team in the history of basketball?! Don't the Celtics have like 17 championship trophies? Delusional Twat party, your table is ready...

I can't comment on the game, as I hate watching it, and I'm strictly a scoreboard watcher. That being said...

Shit! :x
You think that's bad? I was a die hard Lakers fan when all they had was Divac. Man those were lean times.

The Ass Nuggets lost, this LA/Denver series started out just like the last one.

LET'S GO KOBE FOR 4-0 AGAIN!!!
ImageImageImage
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

the passenger wrote:
Skate4RnR wrote: You think that's bad? I was a die hard Lakers fan when all they had was Divac. Man those were lean times.
Ditto, the, AC Green-is-all-we-got years. Sat through 'em patiently and watched them rise like a fucking phoenix all those years later. And anyone hating on Phil Jackson, giving that "anyone could do what he does with all these great players," bullshit, I have two words for you: Rudy Tomjonovich. Tried, failed, got tossed when Phil came back.
Did you see that AC is now coaching in that new 3BA league they have out now? Have you heard of that league? It sounds fucking crazy.

I read about it in Slam! magazine but here's an article about it.

http://www.seattlepi.com/basketball/376095_3ba22.html
ImageImageImage
Subhuman Yeti
Headlining Clubs

Post by Subhuman Yeti »

So the Cavs are actually human, eh?

How will those fucking dumb freaks take the loss at home?

Why does the West finals have a thread the the East doesn't?

The Magic played hard and got lucky. That's cool with me.

But still, fuck. the. stupid. East.
"Afraid that the people might ask for a little more than the shit they get..."