THE LA LAKERS 2009 NBA CHAMPIONS!!!

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

GrayAntiMatter
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: CELTIC FANS PREPARE FOR YOUR IMMINENT DOOM YOU IDIOTS!!!

Post by GrayAntiMatter »

Dwight isn't fully developed yet, but the league has NO true premier center right now. Tim Duncan and Shaq are both old and Yao and Dwight aren't there yet. Maybe I'm getting peopel confused but the same guy that is calling Dwight overrated was pimping Rondo and Ray Allen as the REAL DEAL? Sorry, not quite. Dwight and Rondo at least have POTENTIAL to be something. But Ray Allen is just one of the best role players ever.

With that, the refs are clearly favoring the Cavs. Its not even close. Its not even funny. Same shit Lebron has had all year. He's given a clear path the hoop all game every game. Its amazing what he has been allowed to get away with. And that was a GREAT block by Howard....Its fucking funny to see horrible officiating all around, but especially favoring Lebron, and he's still getting beat.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

GreazyNutz wrote:
dtmfs wrote:

08-09 season:
20.6 ppg
13.8 rpg
2.9 bpg

Let me know what other C/PF is doing so much better than him,thanks.
Everything he's done he's earned on the court unlike LeBron who gets all the calls and his cock stroked by the refs on a nightly basis.
It must be nice to know that you can just bum rush the lane and always get the call. I don't know why he ever settles for jumpers,especially 3 pointers...oh wait, someone might be there to breathe on him and he'll get 3 free throws instead of 2.
This league is so desperate for another Jordan it's pathetic.
howard earns everything on the court? no, he gets his share of BS calls as well, he is "superman", that what's happens when the league deems you a bonifide stud, you get calls, does he get em' to the extent lebron does? no, but he's far from being in lebrons league, he's not in the kobe/lebron discussion, he's good and will be the best center in the league one day, once he develops a much better offensive game, i'm not saying he sucks i'm just saying as of right now he's overrated. I'm basically aiming that at all the things i've read about how studly he is all around by stupid homers, don't take it personally.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

GrayAntiMatter wrote:Dwight isn't fully developed yet, but the league has NO true premier center right now. Tim Duncan and Shaq are both old and Yao and Dwight aren't there yet. Maybe I'm getting peopel confused but the same guy that is calling Dwight overrated was pimping Rondo and Ray Allen as the REAL DEAL? Sorry, not quite. Dwight and Rondo at least have POTENTIAL to be something. But Ray Allen is just one of the best role players ever.

With that, the refs are clearly favoring the Cavs. Its not even close. Its not even funny.
I never said rondo was the real deal, As a celtics fan it's extremley frustrating to see him chuck up brick after brick and never make FT's, I said he could be downright scary if he improved his putrid shooting.

And Allen has proven himself to be one of the best shooters in history, I don't consider him overrrated, he's been to multiple ASG's and been a champion and came through in the clutch many times in his career, I don't think he's one of the best players ever, but he's as good a pure shooter as you'll ever see.

with all the kobe/lebron documentary's and puppet commercials it's easy to see what the NBA wants, and the magic arent getting as many calls as the cavs, but they're getting away with alot of fouls too, that's all i'm saying, it's not like lebron is going to line 20 times a game, in fact ORL is going to the line more often than cle, and the fact that they've looked alot better than cleveland anyway, fuck shouldn't magic fans be happy instead of bitching? they're proving to be the supperior team.
GrayAntiMatter
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by GrayAntiMatter »

I don't give a fuck about the Magic or the Cavs. In fact, I'd rather see the Cavs win, I don't really like Howard. He always comes across as kinda douchy to me...

And the whole Kobe/Lebron thing is still awesome. I think they both are smart enough to get a kick out of fans bitching back and forth about it while they're lining their pockets with money from ESPN, Nike, Vitamin Water, etc.....They are the best pair to be at the top of the NBA since Magic/Bird.

And the NBA, just like ESPN, Nike etc wants a Kobe/Lebron final.

And I think it would be hilarious/awesome for either or both to miss it!
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

GrayAntiMatter wrote:I don't give a fuck about the Magic or the Cavs. In fact, I'd rather see the Cavs win, I don't really like Howard. He always comes across as kinda douchy to me...

And the whole Kobe/Lebron thing is still awesome. I think they both are smart enough to get a kick out of fans bitching back and forth about it while they're lining their pockets with money from ESPN, Nike, Vitamin Water, etc.....They are the best pair to be at the top of the NBA since Magic/Bird.

And the NBA, just like ESPN, Nike etc wants a Kobe/Lebron final.

And I think it would be hilarious/awesome for either or both to miss it!
I never thought you were a magic homer, as i said before i'm talking about all the other shit i've read on various sites from magic homers, you'd think they'd be happy with the way their team has look against the "unstoppable" cavs.

I also agree about a den/magic series, would be funny just like all the boston and mets homers bitching about how crappy the ratings would be for the phils/rays series
GreazyCapri
Headlining Clubs

Post by GreazyCapri »

As a Magic fan I am happy we are winning the series but it doesn't change the fact that the NBA is blatantly trying to fuck us with these bs calls. It just shows how little help LeBron has on that shit team. Without him, they'd be lucky to win 10 games a season.
As far as Dwight being a douche goes...I'm liking the asshole side of him that's starting to come out this year. Fuck all that nice guy faggot shit. He needs to start throwing elbows like Laimbeer at all these fucks raping him in the paint.

Speaking of throwin' bows...
That's what's up, bitch. Wanna play fuck-fuck and throw the ball at D-12?
You gotsta deal with his boys. Much respect to AJ on this one.
Now imagine if Dwight did it. Mo would be dead and the NBA would be a better place.
ImageImage
Stoner wrote:Everyone here sucks.
GreazyCapri
Headlining Clubs

Post by GreazyCapri »

dtmfs wrote: it's not like lebron is going to line 20 times a game, in fact ORL is going to the line more often than cle[/b]
Maybe that has something to do with the hack Dwight strategy Brown is using??
ImageImage
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Few notes:

Sorry Kobe, but 10-26 isn't gonna get it done in a playoff game. Unless of course you change your name to Larry Hughes.

As for D-Wight, once he adds an additional move or two and the Mag dump Rashard Lewis' absurd contract, that team will be scary good. While he's not at the Shogun level yet, (Like Shaq Fu and maybe Tim Duncan) he's getting there. Only thing that could screw that up is his habit of calling out his coach during a playoff game and those Macho Man elbows he throws.

Why did Coach K start Melo? Granted I'll cut him some slack for playing hurt, but an 0-fer on the floor is just turrible. I would have benched him after his sixth clank and made him rest. Games Five and Six aren't going to be a cake walk.

Unless Stan Van Gundy and the Magic take it all, I still say he'll be out looking for a new coaching gig.

And if it does turn out to be The Nuggets and the Magic, I will laugh. Stern will pout and Mark Cuban will post a picture of Nelson in his blog and direct it towards Stern. It would be a good series, Billups, Nene, JR Smith and the banged up Melo against Superman, Hedo, an overpaid Rashard Lewis and a coach that looks like Ron Jeremy. I'd watch it, and be stoked as fuck on not seeing Kobe in the finals.

And Rondo is over-rated. Ray Ray went though the same slump last season until the Finals itself. Dude's been around awhile though. Shit, he was in He Got Game. That came out in '98. Doc should have rested his ass and got Ainge to get someone other than Starbury for the paper-thin bench.
grishnak boss
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by grishnak boss »

THE FUCKIN REFS CLEARLY FAVORED THE STUPID NUGGETS IN GAME 4 - EVEN PHIL JACKSON, A COACH WHOSE ZEN QUALITIES PUT HIM ABOVE SUCH PETTY SHIT, POINTED IT OUT:

The Lakers made 24 of 35 free-throw attempts, the Nuggets 37 of 49.

Jackson was particularly unhappy with a play in which Luke Walton was called for a technical foul after complaining about getting elbowed by Nene.

"The referee gave [Walton] a technical then subsequently gave him three consecutive fouls out on the floor," Jackson said. "That's not equal refereeing, and those are the things that change the course of games. We want the game to be fair and evenly played.

"There's another situation out there tonight that was unacceptable by [Denver guard] Dahntay Jones. Just unacceptable defense, tripping guys and playing unsportsmanlike basketball."

Bryant, when asked if he was tripped by Jones, replied with sarcasm: "No, I just fell on my face for no reason. I'm a klutz."

THEY HAVE JUST AWAKENED THE BEAST - LAKERS ARE GONNA FUCK 'EM GOOD NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!
SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas

Dogma: I am God.
Out Of The Cellar
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Out Of The Cellar »

grishnak boss wrote:THE FUCKIN REFS CLEARLY FAVORED THE STUPID NUGGETS IN GAME 4 - EVEN PHIL JACKSON, A COACH WHOSE ZEN QUALITIES PUT HIM ABOVE SUCH PETTY SHIT, POINTED IT OUT:

Jackson was particularly unhappy with a play in which Luke Walton was called for a technical foul after complaining about getting elbowed by Nene.

"The referee gave [Walton] a technical then subsequently gave him three consecutive fouls out on the floor," Jackson said. "That's not equal refereeing, and those are the things that change the course of games. We want the game to be fair and evenly played.

"There's another situation out there tonight that was unacceptable by [Denver guard] Dahntay Jones. Just unacceptable defense, tripping guys and playing unsportsmanlike basketball."

Bryant, when asked if he was tripped by Jones, replied with sarcasm: "No, I just fell on my face for no reason. I'm a klutz."

THEY HAVE JUST AWAKENED THE BEAST - LAKERS ARE GONNA FUCK 'EM GOOD NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!

:lol: :lol:

Karma's a bitch. :wink:
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuck sigs.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Watching the end of the Magic/Cavs tonight... man, was that a lousy call that LeBron "drew the foul" on with .5 seconds left. Whoever said nobody could get near him without a foul being called was spot on. Damn.
GreazyCapri
Headlining Clubs

Post by GreazyCapri »

JakeYonkel wrote:Watching the end of the Magic/Cavs tonight... man, was that a lousy call that LeBron "drew the foul" on with .5 seconds left. Whoever said nobody could get near him without a foul being called was spot on. Damn.
I don't understand why he ever settles for a jump shot.
Every time he drives it's a guaranteed foul.

'' I'm sorry Mr. Stern. I tried....I really did!''
ImageImage
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

JakeYonkel wrote:Watching the end of the Magic/Cavs tonight... man, was that a lousy call that LeBron "drew the foul" on with .5 seconds left. Whoever said nobody could get near him without a foul being called was spot on. Damn.
That call has been made since the Bird & Magic days. The stars will get it. The other 99% would have been deemed as 'fell down in the lane'.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I liked how Dwight Howard basically molested the Cavs' guy on the last play in regulation (the lob towards the basket) and acted surprised he didn't get the call.

There was another play either at the end of the game or beginning of OT where LeBron head-faked and had the Magic guy jump, then he fired off a brick 3 and tried to draw contact and acted incredulous that no call was made.

I can't stand that shit.

I used to ref youth basketball for like 10 years and kids do that shit, they start yelling at you when you don't give them those calls. I mean, their heroes do it, why would you expect any different.
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

grishnak boss wrote:THE FUCKIN REFS CLEARLY FAVORED THE STUPID NUGGETS IN GAME 4 - EVEN PHIL JACKSON, A COACH WHOSE ZEN QUALITIES PUT HIM ABOVE SUCH PETTY SHIT, POINTED IT OUT:

Wasn't even the fouls, as bad as they were, that derailed the Lake Show.

Fish and The Machine suck about as much as The Wondertwins. They clanked their FT's, Odom continued to suck as he's done so far in this series, Bynum was lousy and Phil pulling Bynum when he was actually playing decent and sticking in The Son Of Walton, who stunk up the joint. Most important, the wear of their war with Houston is starting to show. They looked lethargic as they got their asses handed to them on a platter.

Unless they want a repeat exit from the Playoffs, everyone but Azira, Farmar and Kobe needs to actually not suck.

Wait, what am I saying?? FISH NEEDS TO SHOOT MORE!!!!!! WALTON FOR CENTER!! DO IT PHIL!
GrayAntiMatter
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by GrayAntiMatter »

The biggest problem with the Lakers front court is that their marquee 6'11"/7' footer isn't a Center or Power Forward. Just the tallest fucking Small Forward in the NBA. Gasol.

Their "strength" up front is Odom and Bynum, and if they could count on a DECENT...not spectacular, not great, but adequate performance from just ONE of them on a nightly basis, they'd be okay....
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Rainbow Bright wrote:
Wasn't even the fouls, as bad as they were, that derailed the Lake Show.

Fish and The Machine suck about as much as The Wondertwins. They clanked their FT's, Odom continued to suck as he's done so far in this series, Bynum was lousy and Phil pulling Bynum when he was actually playing decent and sticking in The Son Of Walton, who stunk up the joint. Most important, the wear of their war with Houston is starting to show. They looked lethargic as they got their asses handed to them on a platter.

Unless they want a repeat exit from the Playoffs, everyone but Azira, Farmar and Kobe needs to actually not suck.

Wait, what am I saying?? FISH NEEDS TO SHOOT MORE!!!!!! WALTON FOR CENTER!! DO IT PHIL!
:lol:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND THE LAKERS WIN GAME 5, THE PIVOTAL GAME, AS EXPECTED - 83% OF THE TEAMS THAT WIN GAME 5 EVENTUALLY WIN THE SERIES - SUCK IT UP LOSERS, THE LAKERS ARE GOING TO THE FINALS 8) 8) 8)

WHAT'S HAPPENING ON THE OTHER CONFERENCE? ONLY SMALL MARKETS KEEP TRACK OF THOSE SHITTY TEAMS/GAMES......OH YA, THE CAVS ARE ON THE VERGE OF ELIMINATION :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HOLD IT

ONE MORE TIME, NIGGAS:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THERE GOES YOUR "LA HAS NO HEART AND THE CAVS ARE CHAMPS THIS YEAR".................

NOT!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS.- dtmfs, satan has our sigs, and you're gonna love n' wear yours with pride, hahahahaha!!!

grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

dtmfs wrote:the lakers are about the 3rd to 4th best team in the playoffs, they should still get past houston but that smaller lineup might fuck with them. They're just not a championship caliber team, I don't think this current team will ever win a title, there's just no heart or toughness there, the two best teams in the playoffs? the nuggets and cavs, the two teams with the most heart, the rockets and celtics.

the lakers need to trade gasoft, scr-odom, and vujaclit and get some players with a backbone, oh and bynum too, there goes that theory of them winning last year had he been healthy, that dude's just shrinking on the big stage, trade his 7 foot tall gary coleman lookin' ass too.
OH MAN IM SO SAVORING THIS MOMENT - HOW DO YOUR WORDS TASTE?!?!

BWAHAHAHA!!! BY THE WAY, HAS SATAN SHOWN YOU THE SIGS? I'M ALREADY LOVING YOURS :lol:

:wink:

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

grishnak boss wrote:
dtmfs wrote:the lakers are about the 3rd to 4th best team in the playoffs, they should still get past houston but that smaller lineup might fuck with them. They're just not a championship caliber team, I don't think this current team will ever win a title, there's just no heart or toughness there, the two best teams in the playoffs? the nuggets and cavs, the two teams with the most heart, the rockets and celtics.

the lakers need to trade gasoft, scr-odom, and vujaclit and get some players with a backbone, oh and bynum too, there goes that theory of them winning last year had he been healthy, that dude's just shrinking on the big stage, trade his 7 foot tall gary coleman lookin' ass too.
OH MAN IM SO SAVORING THIS MOMENT - HOW DO YOUR WORDS TASTE?!?!

BWAHAHAHA!!! BY THE WAY, HAS SATAN SHOWN YOU THE SIGS? I'M ALREADY LOVING YOURS :lol:

:wink:

I want my crow well done, I don't need no salmonela bullshit. LA/DEN still a series but cavs def need a fucking miracle. I havent seen the sig yet but I got a space ready. LA and Dn both seem to go through jeckyl and hyde phases, it's fucked up.
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Nuggets shot 38.6% and had no other reliable scoring source beyond Carmelo Anthony, who had 31 points. Kenyon Martin and Chauncey Billups were their next-best scorers, finishing with 12 points each.

Nuggets Coach George Karl wasn't thrilled with the foul disparity, which fell in the Lakers' favor after the Nuggets had the edge in Game 4. The Nuggets were called for 30 fouls and the Lakers only 22, though it didn't translate to a marked difference in free throws: The Lakers had 35 attempts from the line, the Nuggets 30.

"I thought they got the benefit of the whistle," Karl said. " 'Melo got beat up tonight. And I think there's some good things my team did. For the first three quarters, it was a pretty evenly matched game. It will be very easy to get my team ready to play for Game 6."

GEORGE KARL, THE MOSQUITO BRAIN, THINKS GAME 5 LOSS WAS BECAUSE OF WAS FOUL DISPARITY :lol:

Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

grishnak boss wrote:Nuggets shot 38.6% and had no other reliable scoring source beyond Carmelo Anthony, who had 31 points. Kenyon Martin and Chauncey Billups were their next-best scorers, finishing with 12 points each.

Nuggets Coach George Karl wasn't thrilled with the foul disparity, which fell in the Lakers' favor after the Nuggets had the edge in Game 4. The Nuggets were called for 30 fouls and the Lakers only 22, though it didn't translate to a marked difference in free throws: The Lakers had 35 attempts from the line, the Nuggets 30.

"I thought they got the benefit of the whistle," Karl said. " 'Melo got beat up tonight. And I think there's some good things my team did. For the first three quarters, it was a pretty evenly matched game. It will be very easy to get my team ready to play for Game 6."

GEORGE KARL, THE MOSQUITO BRAIN, THINKS GAME 5 LOSS WAS BECAUSE OF WAS FOUL DISPARITY :lol:
PHIL JACKSON, THE LAZY-ASS, THINKS GAME 4 LOSS WAS BECAUSE OF FOUL DISPARITY
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Karl's just doing what Phil did, all coaches do this, unfortunatley for him the refs had nothing to do with Den losing game 5, that would be jr smith and co. clanking 3 after 3. Game 4 was way more favorable for den than game 5 was for la, a difference in 5 ft's? home teams get a few more calls that's part of th game, always has been, it wasent a ridiculous amount of ft's like say the lakers having 27 in the 4rth quarter in 02' or even boston going to line 20 times more than la in the finals last year at the new garden. those are bad and you can't blame fans for being pissed about that much of a disparity, but 5? he's just asking for more calls against la next game in den same way phil did for this game, ben going on for years.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Who was that team in Nuggets attire acting like civilized human beings? GET THEM LIPS OFF YOUR NECK NEGRO!

Ya gotta give 'em one or two or they won't play wit'cha.

YOU CAN'T STOP DESTINY QUEERS! THIS IS GOD'S WILL SO SUCK MY LEFT ONE AND EAT MY ASS BITCH!
ImageImageImage
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

We'll see. They still have to get past D-Wight and the three point shooting of Orlando. :P

And, I still hate Kobe. And The Lakers.
GrayAntiMatter
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by GrayAntiMatter »

Rainbow Bright wrote:We'll see. They still have to get past D-Wight and the three point shooting of Orlando. :P

The Lakers team we saw last night would not only sweep the Cavs, and sweep the Magic, they would sweep an all-star Cavs/Magic team.

But the truth is we will probably only see that team one more time this year, maybe twice. No chance in hell we see them three times....
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

GrayAntiMatter wrote:
Rainbow Bright wrote:We'll see. They still have to get past D-Wight and the three point shooting of Orlando. :P

The Lakers team we saw last night would not only sweep the Cavs, and sweep the Magic, they would sweep an all-star Cavs/Magic team.

But the truth is we will probably only see that team one more time this year, maybe twice. No chance in hell we see them three times....
That's right, what Lakers are going to show up?
ImageImageImage
grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Skate4RnR wrote:YOU CAN'T STOP DESTINY QUEERS! THIS IS GOD'S WILL SO SUCK MY LEFT ONE AND EAT MY ASS BITCH!

THAT'S RIGHT BROTHA, THAT'S RIGHT!!!

grishnak boss

Post by grishnak boss »

Rhythms of Basketball and Music

The musician Wynton Marsalis joins the sports columnist William C. Rhoden to talk about the differences between the hardcourt and the bandstand:

http://video.nytimes.com/video/2009/05/ ... ref=sports

watch n' learn niggas!

8)

LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Queen LeBron better man up and win in Orlando if he wants to meet King Kobe in The Finals, but he won't...

Lebron can win 70 games the next 5 years and have homecourt, but it wont matter his team can't win the East or The Finals with just himself he needs a 2nd allstar

without Gasol the Lakers would be a 2nd round team or 3rd at the most like the Cavs now

I would like to see King Kobe make Queen LeBron his prison rape bitch in The Finals but Cavs wont make it
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"