The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by Royal Dudeness »

God damn my Canucks to hell
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

Kings are looking better and this kid Toffoli is pretty good so far. I have a feeling we'll hold onto Bernier which is good and bad as we'll lose him for nothing over the summer but he's a great 1B goalie to have in case Quick gets cold.

Calgary has it tough as they are only 6 points out so do they hold onto Iginla for one last run or trade him and Kiprusoff and start the long overdue rebuild?

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Earl Skakel wrote:Kings are looking better and this kid Toffoli is pretty good so far. I have a feeling we'll hold onto Bernier which is good and bad as we'll lose him for nothing over the summer but he's a great 1B goalie to have in case Quick gets cold.

Calgary has it tough as they are only 6 points out so do they hold onto Iginla for one last run or trade him and Kiprusoff and start the long overdue rebuild?

Earl
Kings are in a perfect situation with Bernier. If you get an offer that knocks your socks off, you can take it. If not, you hold onto him and he's the best insurance policy out there.

If I'm Calgary, I say fuck the playoffs. The cupboard is empty in their system and this is a great draft year. Things can turn around fast in this league. I don't know everyone's contract status, but I'd be shopping Iggy, Kirpusoff, Bouwmeester, Hudler, Tanguay, Cammi, ... everyone.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Hawks/Ducks tomorrow night.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:
Sinderella wrote:I dont undersand how the Flyers have 6 days off in this short season..

Because so far they've had one of the most grueling schedules...not sure how they laid this shit out like this...crazy. But, damn...I do know they pretty much suck. :lol:

I hear ya on the schedule...how about a 9 game road trip..the Oil picked up 8 of a possible 18 points..fuckin Brier! 2 Points out as of right now...as much as I'd love to have Seth Jones, fuck this drafting first over-all bull shit, push for the playoffs and show these young kids that the organization wants to win..
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Earl Skakel wrote:Kings are looking better and this kid Toffoli is pretty good so far. I have a feeling we'll hold onto Bernier which is good and bad as we'll lose him for nothing over the summer but he's a great 1B goalie to have in case Quick gets cold.

Earl
Calgary are going nowhere with this current crop. Trade these guys and start afresh.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

johnk5150 wrote:Hawks/Ducks tomorrow night.
Statement game. The Ducks are double-tough.
The Hawks need to start strong. That'e been a key to their play all year - get the lead and make the other team change their plan.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
Frett_Bored
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Frett_Bored »

Jackets turn a 3-goal rout into another 1-goal win. I'll take it. 7-0-4 in their last eleven. Still missing Wisniewski.
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

WOLF wrote:

Earl
Kings are in a perfect situation with Bernier. If you get an offer that knocks your socks off, you can take it. If not, you hold onto him and he's the best insurance policy out there.

If I'm Calgary, I say fuck the playoffs. The cupboard is empty in their system and this is a great draft year. Things can turn around fast in this league. I don't know everyone's contract status, but I'd be shopping Iggy, Kirpusoff, Bouwmeester, Hudler, Tanguay, Cammi, ... everyone.
Oh i know they are in a great position but they will lose him for nothing over the summer and that will be a tough pill to swallow as I don't see him wanting to resign and play under Quick again.

Calgary should really just blow it all up and start from scratch. Hard to say fuck the playoffs if I'm the owner as that's a nice chunk of change to miss out on even if it's just one round and out but it might be the necessary move as like with Bernier/LA if they don't move them now they'll lose Iginia//Kiprusoff for nothing over the summer.

Earl
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

/\

In the new NHL you can't completely say lose them for nothing, as if they go it frees up cap space that you can acquire another player with. LA has an easy time attracting free agents; it may be tougher in Calgary. Teams also won't give too much for a "rental". If you think you can make a run - like the Kings can - it's not so bad to hold onto the asset. If you're rebuilding, like Calgary should, you need to stockpile picks or acquire young players.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

Earl Skakel wrote:
WOLF wrote:

Earl

Oh i know they are in a great position but they will lose him for nothing over the summer and that will be a tough pill to swallow as I don't see him wanting to resign and play under Quick again.

Calgary should really just blow it all up and start from scratch. Hard to say fuck the playoffs if I'm the owner as that's a nice chunk of change to miss out on even if it's just one round and out but it might be the necessary move as like with Bernier/LA if they don't move them now they'll lose Iginia//Kiprusoff for nothing over the summer.

Earl
Why are you saying the Kings will lose Bernier? He's not going to be a UFA, he'll be restricted. He goes nowhere unless the Kings trade him.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Lardbucket wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Hawks/Ducks tomorrow night.
Statement game. The Ducks are double-tough.
The Hawks need to start strong. That'e been a key to their play all year - get the lead and make the other team change their plan.
Selanne should be an assassin when he quits hockey.
Last edited by johnk5150 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

$tevil
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

Guys, I was under the impression he was a UFA as they've had him since 06. If I'm wrong I feel a little bit better but I just know he's going to be so good and due to Quick being ahead of him it won't be with the Kings most likely. Strange thing is to me anyway he's played better than Quick all year but Sutter seems to prefer Quick.

Earl
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

Earl Skakel wrote:Guys, I was under the impression he was a UFA as they've had him since 06. If I'm wrong I feel a little bit better but I just know he's going to be so good and due to Quick being ahead of him it won't be with the Kings most likely. Strange thing is to me anyway he's played better than Quick all year but Sutter seems to prefer Quick.

Earl
Sutter prefers Quick? Anyone with an ounce of hockey knowledge would prefer Quick...let me refresh your memory why:

chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

Ottawa/Anaheim rematch? :wink: Ottawa has balls of steel. Those two and
Montreal are the odd$ winners as of now.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

chungasrevenge wrote:Ottawa/Anaheim rematch? :wink: Ottawa has balls of steel. Those two and
I like the Habs depth, and the character they added in the off season, and the kids, but I'm still in total shock they are 20-5-5. They've only not taken a point in ONE of their last 19 games!

And Ottawa, doing what they're doing minus their starting goalie, Norris trophy winning D-man, and two best offensive players, is nothing short of incredible.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:
chungasrevenge wrote:Ottawa/Anaheim rematch? :wink: Ottawa has balls of steel. Those two and
I like the Habs depth, and the character they added in the off season, and the kids, but I'm still in total shock they are 20-5-5. They've only not taken a point in ONE of their last 19 games!

And Ottawa, doing what they're doing minus their starting goalie, Norris trophy winning D-man, and two best offensive players, is nothing short of incredible.
I concur.

The Panthers have 8 starters out and we are struggling. Yet Ottawa with this adversity are still performing and as your said it is nothing short of incredible.

Oh and we won 2 in a row! :shock:

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

Ducks aren't getting that far....their luck will run out by then.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

EatTheGlass wrote:

I don't know man. That game against the Blackhawks Tuesday was like a playoff game. Ducks weren't intimidated by the Blackhawks at all. They put a little fear into every Hawks fan I know.

$tevil
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

johnk5150 wrote:
EatTheGlass wrote:

I don't know man. That game against the Blackhawks Tuesday was like a playoff game. Ducks weren't intimidated by the Blackhawks at all. They put a little fear into every Hawks fan I know.
Yeah, well guess what.....I'm not sold that the Hawks are as good as their record either.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

johnk5150 wrote:
EatTheGlass wrote:

Remember they are coached by Bruce Boudreau who did wonders with the capitals in the regular season but never really impressed in the playoffs.

Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

EatTheGlass wrote:
Earl Skakel wrote:Guys, I was under the impression he was a UFA as they've had him since 06. If I'm wrong I feel a little bit better but I just know he's going to be so good and due to Quick being ahead of him it won't be with the Kings most likely. Strange thing is to me anyway he's played better than Quick all year but Sutter seems to prefer Quick.

Earl
Sutter prefers Quick? Anyone with an ounce of hockey knowledge would prefer Quick...let me refresh your memory why:

I hear what you are saying but anyone with an ounce of knowledge and short of being Stevie Wonder would also know that Bernier has outplayed Quick this year by a pretty fair margin. Last year was great as I'm a huge huge King fan and have been for a very long time but I disagree with you that everyone would prefer Quick especially since he's come off a pretty good back surgery and clearly at least to me lacks the pop he had during their Stanley Cup Run.

I mean last year was AWESOME but I was talking specifically this year in my comparison of the two. It's a great problem to have 2 number 1 guys but it will sting to see Bernier most likely develop with another franchise but I understand the Kings predicament.

Earl
Last edited by Earl Skakel on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Earl Skakel wrote:
EatTheGlass wrote:

Earl

I hear what you are saying but anyone with an ounce of knowledge and short of being Stevie Wonder would also know that Bernier has outplayed Quick this year by a pretty fair margin. Last year was great as I'm a huge huge King fan and have been for a very long time but I disagree with you that everyone would prefer Quick especially since he's come off a pretty good back surgery and clearly at least to me lacks the pop he had during their Stanley Cup Run.

Earl
It couldn't have been much better.

Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

pieceofme wrote: It couldn't have been much better.
I agree on that bro! But it's the old saying of what have you done for me lately? Quick is awesome but to me anyway and I'm just a fan he seems just a slight step behind from how he played down the stretch and in their glory run and in this shortened season where every point is beyond crucial that scares me.

Earl
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

Win #666. What an appropriate scene at the buzzer for that win.

EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

Earl Skakel wrote:
I agree on that bro! But it's the old saying of what have you done for me lately? Quick is awesome but to me anyway and I'm just a fan he seems just a slight step behind from how he played down the stretch and in their glory run and in this shortened season where every point is beyond crucial that scares me.

Earl
He's played pretty damn well in his last 4 starts....KINGS would be 4-0 in that stretch if they could score goals.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Why the hell do the Isles keep wearing those horrible 3rd jerseys when their normal home sweaters look perfectly fine?The Panthers' unis look way better today.
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

EatTheGlass wrote:
Earl Skakel wrote:

Earl
He's played pretty damn well in his last 4 starts....KINGS would be 4-0 in that stretch if they could score goals.
Absolutely he's played better and I'm a Quick fan but I still think overall Bernier has played better but Sutter seems reluctant to let him go on a nice run. I know Quick had a HUGE role last year in what LA acomplished but I do believe due to his back surgery over the summer his play has leveled off but lately like you pointed out he's coming around.

Earl
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Bruins claim Kaspars Daugavins off waivers from the Senators.
Same guy that did this against them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5u5W0EOE8k
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Holy fuck it looks like Iginla is a Bruin!