The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by jizzyjizim »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
jizzyjizim wrote:So, looks like the Oil just signed Bryzgalov...this should be interesting..isn't the guy scared of bears..does he know where Edmonton even is? :lol:
he knows that edmonton isn't humangus.

and that it's cold and snows like the north poll.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ns14hRqwY8

fucking love this guy.

We suck so bad this year, atleast having this guy doing post game interviews will bring me some comic relief... :cry:
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

jizzyjizim wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:
jizzyjizim wrote:So, looks like the Oil just signed Bryzgalov...this should be interesting..isn't the guy scared of bears..does he know where Edmonton even is? :lol:

fucking love this guy.

We suck so bad this year, atleast having this guy doing post game interviews will bring me some comic relief... :cry:
Oil seriously need to move some of their young talented forwards for defence, and/or a legit goalie.

Every other team that drafted at the head of the class, for years on end, became a contender. Edmonton has had all kinds of high draft picks and are still spinning their wheels.

- They keep hiring retreads at GM.
- They hired a clown as a coach, but at least he gives a good quote.
- Edmonton, not Philly, is the real black hole of goaltending. Really? It took THIS long to figure out Dubnyk was not a #1 goalie in the NHL.
- Do any of the D actually know how to play D?
- Note to Nail Yakupov. The NHL season starts in October!

Curious to see how this all plays out...
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

BTW, whatever I said about the Islanders in faith, I now take back. Headed for another November swoon.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

was kind of excited about the Eakins hiring at first, supposed to be "good with younger players, look how Kadri turned out"..blah, blah, blah...I don't know now..maybe they aren't buying into his system?..we need D BADLY, I'd trade anyone who isn't named Hall or Nugent-hopkins..Eberle would bring in a good return, Yakupov has skill, not sure where it went from last year though..I think a Top 2 dman and a legit #1 Goalie would do wonders for this team, offense isn't a problem but we really, really, really need D.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

jizzyjizim wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:

fucking love this guy.

Believe me...it gets old quick. :wink:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I wish DiPietro could have made me lol like Bryz does when he was sucking.

Or like JSR said, it may be different when he's on your team.
grizzly31
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by grizzly31 »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=436377

Stamkos may have broke his leg today

That suck for Tampa Bay, Team Canada @ Sochi, and my hockey pool.
John Simon Ritchie

Damn, just caught the end of The Caps Blue Jackets game...poor Bob. :?
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

If I was Vancouver GM Mike Gillis I would trade Edler straight up for Yakupov right now.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

The Sabres have fired Ron Rolston and brought back Ted Nolan as Head Coach. Pat LaFontaine is now President of hockey operations. Darcy Regier is gone and a new GM will be named soon.
Where's Izzy?
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

The change couldn't have happened soon enough in Buffalo. Nolan and Lafontaine are odd choices, but it's a start.

First John Travolta is hanging around the locker room and now these...

John Simon Ritchie

Hopefully we've finally righted the ship here in Philly. Great goal-tending and D last night, plus the offense has improved recently.
Oh....and fuuuuck Shittsburgh. :mrgreen:
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Royal Dudeness wrote:If I was Vancouver GM Mike Gillis I would trade Edler straight up for Yakupov right now.
if you were mike gillis you'd realize that edler has a no trade contract and probably wouldn't want to go to siberia.
you'd also realize that yakipov has the worst +/- in the LEAGUE.
remember fedor fedorov? same type of player.

hamhus for taylor hall
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
Royal Dudeness wrote:If I was Vancouver GM Mike Gillis I would trade Edler straight up for Yakupov right now.
if you were mike gillis you'd realize that edler has a no trade contract and probably wouldn't want to go to siberia.

hamhus for taylor hall
I think the Habs got the best player in that draft with Galchenyuk at #3!
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

NeverSurrender wrote:BTW, whatever I said about the Islanders in faith, I now take back. Headed for another November swoon.
You will see.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

Kid-Wicked wrote:

hamhus for taylor hall
I'm not gonna defend Yakupov's +/-, it's bad, but the kid has played 68 games and has 37 points in the NHL as a 19/20 year old..comparing him to Fedor Fedorov who played what 18 games? in the NHL with 0 goals and 2 points is just wrong. writing him off this soon I think would come back to bite us in the ass, I'm not opposed to trading him...I think our first rounder from this year PLUS Yakupov should fetch the Oil a very good return.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

the comparison is that they both have crazy offensive skill and neither can play in their own end.
federov was put on the fourth line with a couple of grinders. the canucks had a habit of putting young skill guys with plumbers and under 5 mins of ice time per game. can't develop your guys like that.
yakapov had lots of ice time including pp.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

Kid-Wicked wrote:the comparison is that they both have crazy offensive skill and neither can play in their own end.
federov was put on the fourth line with a couple of grinders. the canucks had a habit of putting young skill guys with plumbers and under 5 mins of ice time per game. can't develop your guys like that.

ya, I'll agree with that but he will learn the D side of the game in time, I would imagine his whole career has been offense..IF Yakupov can learn defense, I think he's gonna be a hell of a player, his one-timer is insane.

fun fact: Yak has 5 less points in 1 less game than Galchenyuk, yet Yak is deemed a bust and Galchenyuk a stud.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

jizzyjizim wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:the comparison is that they both have crazy offensive skill and neither can play in their own end.

ya, I'll agree with that but he will learn the D side of the game in time, I would imagine his whole career has been offense..IF Yakupov can learn defense, I think he's gonna be a hell of a player, his one-timer is insane.

fun fact: Yak has 5 less points in 1 less game than Galchenyuk, yet Yak is deemed a bust and Galchenyuk a stud.
Galchenyuk has 16 points in 22 games this year; Yakupov 8 in 21.

Galchenyuk is a 0 +/- this year; Yakupov -14.

Galchenyuk was +14 last year, phenomenal for a rookie, plays in all ends of the ice, and is heralded as a sponge - a joy to have in the room. AND he essentially missed his last year of junior, having played only 2 games with a knee injury, plus the playoffs.

The kid was high risk/high reward due to the knee injury, but I DO think he was the best of that draft crop.

I also think Yakupov will be fine. Edmonton is a bit of a circus these days, and there's a lot of pressure on the kid. I think Galchenyuk has been more well surrounded by his organization and family (his mom and sister are livimng here with him).
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

WOLF wrote:
jizzyjizim wrote:

Galchenyuk has 16 points in 22 games this year; Yakupov 8 in 21.

Galchenyuk is a 0 +/- this year; Yakupov -14.

Galchenyuk was +14 last year, phenomenal for a rookie, plays in all ends of the ice, and is heralded as a sponge - a joy to have in the room. AND he essentially missed his last year of junior, having played only 2 games with a knee injury, plus the playoffs.

The kid was high risk/high reward due to the knee injury, but I DO think he was the best of that draft crop.

I also think Yakupov will be fine. Edmonton is a bit of a circus these days, and there's a lot of pressure on the kid. I think Galchenyuk has been more well surrounded by his organization and family (his mom and sister are livimng here with him).
Galchenyuk is a good player, no doubt and you're right, he has been surrounded by a much better group of players than Yak has been, Eakins has either benched him or put him on the 4th line, he's finally on a line where he can contribute.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Iginla has been awesome. All effort, all the time. And there's no way he's going into the Nathan Horton 30 game coast. It didn't take long for him to endear himself to the locals after the Shittsburgh debacle.
Frett_Bored
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Frett_Bored »

Jackets go W-L-W-L-W on a 5-game roadie, including a 7-0 loss to Edmonton but a 6-0 win in Toronto.

Looks like Anisimov is hurt and Dubinsky is on the IR.

If they ever get healthy, they may have a change to make a run, but jeebus.
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

Frett_Bored wrote:Jackets go W-L-W-L-W on a 5-game roadie, including a 7-0 loss to Edmonton but a 6-0 win in Toronto.

Looks like Anisimov is hurt and Dubinsky is on the IR.

If they ever get healthy, they may have a change to make a run, but jeebus.

Bobrovsky has really been jekyll and hyde so far...when he gets back to what he's capable of on a nightly basis then the run will start
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

First TSN loses Jay and Dan,now this. Looks like they'll be going back to their early days of Hurling and Aussie Rules Football.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/deal ... h-2025-26/

Starting next season, Rogers Communications will be the National Hockey League’s exclusive broadcast and multimedia partner in Canada.

As part of the $5.2 billion, 12-year agreement, Rogers obtains the national rights on all platforms to every NHL game through the 2025-26 campaign—including all playoff games and the Stanley Cup Final.

“Canadians are passionate about hockey, and through this landmark partnership with the NHL we’ll be able to bring hockey fans more games and more content on their platform of choice,” said Nadir Mohamed, the President and CEO of Rogers Communications.

The deal—the largest of its kind in NHL history—also includes the NHL Centre Ice and NHL Game Centre Live properties, as well as rights to the All-Star Game and the NHL Draft. This is the first time a major league in North America has made such a long-term commitment to a single company.

As a result of this deal, Canadians will be able to find NHL game coverage on up to nine different channels on some nights during the season.

“Our fans always want to explore deeper and more emotional connections to NHL hockey,” said NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, “and that is precisely what Rogers has promised to deliver over the next 12 years–channeling the reach of its platforms and the intensity of its passion for the game into an unparalleled viewing experience.”

Rogers, already a big player in the Canadian sports landscape thanks to its ownership of the Toronto Blue Jays and a 37.5 percent stake in Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, will spread game coverage to all of its platforms, including the radio—both terrestrial and satellite—and the web, through internet streaming as well as wireless and mobile tablets. The agreement also gives the company ownership of all digital highlights.

“Our vision is to build on the NHL’s legacy in Canada with an emphasis on storytelling, innovation, and technology—weaving the NHL, its teams and its stars even deeper into the fabric of Canadian culture,” said Keith Pelley, the President of Rogers Media. “Today’s announcement significantly increases the value of our premium Sportsnet brand and reinforces our commitment to making Sportsnet the No. 1 sports media brand in Canada.”

The $5.2-billion deal is comprised of annual payments, starting at just over $300 million next year then increasing gradually to more than $500 million in the final year. There is also a $150 million upfront payment that will be spread over the deal’s first two years.

As part of a separate sub-licensing deal, Rogers selected the CBC as its partner for the English-language broadcasts of Hockey Night in Canada. (TVA was selected as the partner for all French-language broadcasts.)

The Board of Governors will vote on the agreement when they meet during the second week of December.
ralphwiggumsdealer

Post by ralphwiggumsdealer »

alecjonsludge wrote: As a result of this deal, Canadians will be able to find NHL game coverage on up to nine different channels on some nights during the season.
Should be changed to "And thanks to the CRTC, eight out of nine different channels will be blacked out on some nights during the season."
Moggio wrote:
jpf wrote:Do you realize how stupid you are?
Do you?
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

ralphwiggumsdealer wrote:
alecjonsludge wrote: As a result of this deal, Canadians will be able to find NHL game coverage on up to nine different channels on some nights during the season.
Should be changed to "And thanks to the CRTC, eight out of nine different channels will be blacked out on some nights during the season."

It doesn't mention it in this article, but there's a National Post article where it states that part of the deal included lifting their blackouts.
alecjonsludge

Post by alecjonsludge »

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/11/ ... in-canada/

In addition, the NHL says the agreement guarantees that there will be no further regionalization of games or local blackouts. Rogers has three exclusive windows to broadcast any game involving a Canadian team — Wednesday nights, Saturday nights (including CBC) and Sunday nights.
ralphwiggumsdealer

Post by ralphwiggumsdealer »

alecjonsludge wrote: It doesn't mention it in this article, but there's a National Post article where it states that part of the deal included lifting their blackouts.
Nice.

Now if we can only get something done about Cancon on the radio stations...
Moggio wrote:
jpf wrote:Do you realize how stupid you are?
Do you?
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

this reason alone is why I bought the Center Ice Package.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

yep

Pisses me off to see 3 or 4 games on Sportsnet HD some nights but the only national game is Ottawa on the main network.Fucking OTTAWA! Denis Potvin has got to be the most fucking irritating color man in all of hockey,not to mention the other guy being one of those one-sided idiot homers.They hardly ever acknowledge there's another team on the ice at the same time,and when they do they;re usually complaining about a non-call that went against the Sens.