The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by Bludegeon »

NeverSurrender wrote:Chara hits Tavares... he's out 4 - 6 weeks.

Nothing to comment on.. Well, Go Stars..
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

I guess JT's offseason workout program is paying dividends, and father time is catching up to Chara's body.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

Nice to see the Isles back on top of the conference. Even for a while. If only the Oilers could do the same... At least the Flames are showing some improvement after last year.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

ShearMagic wrote:Nice to see the Isles back on top of the conference. Even for a while. If only the Oilers could do the same... At least the Flames are showing some improvement after last year.
I love seeing the Flames above the Kings. It wont end that way but it looks good now.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

UtahRatt wrote:
ShearMagic wrote:Nice to see the Isles back on top of the conference. Even for a while. If only the Oilers could do the same... At least the Flames are showing some improvement after last year.
I love seeing the Flames above the Kings. It wont end that way but it looks good now.

Fuck this team, I've been a fan since '83 and they've gone through some highs and lows over the years but how is the bloody hell do you have 3 ( #1's ) and a #3 over pick on your team and not be atleast competitive? it's like they refuse to acknowledge that the team needs a #1 D and a #2 C...it gets harder and harder to watch them play..
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

jizzyjizim wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Fuck this team, I've been a fan since '83 and they've gone through some highs and lows over the years but how is the bloody hell do you have 3 ( #1's ) and a #3 over pick on your team and not be atleast competitive? it's like they refuse to acknowledge that the team needs a #1 D and a #2 C...it gets harder and harder to watch them play..
It's simple,when you draft 3 guys who do the same thing(Hall,Nugent-Hopkins,Yakupov) you're not addressing all your team's needs. Where they the best players? Perhaps,but were they the best players to get your team over the hump?
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

^^
Welp, at least the Devils got a win in their damning west Canadian trip. 8) Still mediocre to no end though!
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

Aerosmith87 wrote:^^
Welp, at least the Devils got a win in their damning west Canadian trip. 8) Still mediocre to no end though!
it's no secret the team needs a true #1 Dman....2010...taking Gudbranson over Hall..2011...Larsson over RNH and 2012 - Murray over Yakupov..I guess you could look back on and say "they should have taken this guy over that guy...etc" I'm hoping BBC Darnell Nurse will turnout to be that #1 Dman they so desperately need..I'm all for making trades now to better this team..Eberle, Yak our 2015 1st whatever.. if they keep playing like this they'll end up with McDavid and this kid is gonna be something but I am tired of this lottery pick crap and I think the fans are too..enough is enough.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

jizzyjizim wrote:
it's no secret the team needs a true #1 Dman....2010...taking Gudbranson over Hall..2011...Larsson over RNH and 2012 - Murray over Yakupov..I guess you could look back on and say "they should have taken this guy over that guy...etc" I'm hoping BBC Darnell Nurse will turnout to be that #1 Dman they so desperately need..I'm all for making trades now to better this team..Eberle, Yak our 2015 1st whatever.. if they keep playing like this they'll end up with McDavid and this kid is gonna be something but I am tired of this lottery pick crap and I think the fans are too..enough is enough.
Taking Gudbranson over Hall would have been a mistake. Hall is one of the best wingers in the league. Gudbranson is just starting to find his way. Playing well this season, but not close to what Hall brings.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

alecjonsludge wrote:
It's simple,when you draft 3 guys who do the same thing(Hall,Nugent-Hopkins,Yakupov) you're not addressing all your team's needs. Where they the best players? Perhaps,but were they the best players to get your team over the hump?
RNH is a centre. Yakapov and Hall are wingers. And Nurse is a Dman, and Leon is a centre. It's not the top draft picks that are the issue. It's the not getting any good players after the first round, plus not complimenting these young players with the right veterans, plus management.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Watching the Oil get slaughtered by the Hawks right now.

I figure Eakins will be gone before sunrise Monday.

I agree Edmonton's management hasn't surrounded the kids properly, and IMO the kids are not developing under their current leadership.

Total mess.
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

pieceofme wrote:
jizzyjizim wrote:
Taking Gudbranson over Hall would have been a mistake. Hall is one of the best wingers in the league. Gudbranson is just starting to find his way. Playing well this season, but not close to what Hall brings.
How has Fayne been working out so far? I missed most of last night's game and I haven't kept up at all with him.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

WOLF wrote:Watching the Oil get slaughtered by the Hawks right now.

I figure Eakins will be gone before sunrise Monday.

I agree Edmonton's management hasn't surrounded the kids properly, and IMO the kids are not developing under their current leadership.

Total mess.

it's time for Lowe to go, 14 years and 3 playoff appearances?..not good enough...MacT hasn't addressed the needs of team at all..we needed a 2C...he figures Draisaitl/Arcobello should be fine...we need a #1 Dman...he gets Fayne ( who I like ) and Nikitin ( WTF?)...I honestly thought our goaltending issues were somewhat solved with Scrivens/Fasth...but..I guess not..terrible but that could be due to their poison defense..Eakins hasn't been able to bring out the best in the players either..I don't know what they'll do with him, the last thing this team needs is ANOTHER coaching change..61 games left in the season..122 points..roughly 94 to get into the playoffs..they have 14... :shock:
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Aerosmith87 wrote:

How has Fayne been working out so far? I missed most of last night's game and I haven't kept up at all with him.
Decent from what my Oiler friends have said. And I watched him own Stamkos when they played the Lightning.

kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

R.I.P. to Pat Quinn..... i had the chance to talk coaching with him a couple of times. As busy as he was, always made the time to listen and help another coach . The NHL lost a legend today.
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

pieceofme wrote:
Aerosmith87 wrote:

Decent from what my Oiler friends have said. And I watched him own Stamkos when they played the Lightning.
Ohh you're from Vancouver. Canucks fan I take it?
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Islanders have won 15 of their first 21 games this season. Best start to a season they have ever had... and they won 4 cups in a row.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

NO ONE has mentioned lucic getting dropped?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMJXkv1AxvY
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Aerosmith87 wrote:
pieceofme wrote:
Aerosmith87 wrote:

Ohh you're from Vancouver. Canucks fan I take it?
Panthers fan. There aren't many of us these days!

Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

NeverSurrender wrote:Islanders have won 15 of their first 21 games this season. Best start to a season they have ever had... and they won 4 cups in a row.
My father has been ecstatic. "The Islanders are the future of hockey"...I'm going to get that inscribed on his grave stone when he goes.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Aerosmith87 wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:Islanders have won 15 of their first 21 games this season. Best start to a season they have ever had... and they won 4 cups in a row.
My father has been ecstatic. "The Islanders are the future of hockey"...I'm going to get that inscribed on his grave stone when he goes.

They have a shitload of young talent, too bad they're still run by the Three Stooges.

I'm just enjoying not being out of it at the end of November, like usual.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Oilers discussing a trade that would send David Perron to Columbus for Artem Anisimov. Wow... That will change.... Uh.... NOTHING.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

WOLF wrote:Oilers discussing a trade that would send David Perron to Columbus for Artem Anisimov. Wow... That will change.... Uh.... NOTHING.

not really nope...If anything it helps us with a possible 2C, keeping Draisatl on the 3rd line and Gordon on the 4th ( who is probably the hardest working guy on the team along with Hendricks ) but trading the guy who was our leading goal scorer last year doesn't seem so smart PLUS he's exactly what we need, a guy with balls who's willing to mix it up..I'd shit Eberle away before Perron, better return too...fuck this team. :evil:
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Isles still rolling. So much fun watching this team.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

NeverSurrender wrote:Isles still rolling. So much fun watching this team.
Halak, when really on, is out of this world. He's in that zone now. They just need to be careful with him, as other teams have learned. He's not a big physical specimen. He can't play 65-70 games and be effective deep into the playoffs. They need to give Johnson a start a week, and keep Halak well.

I never thought much of Garth Snow, but he's been doing the job long enough. He's kept his kids, and getting Leddy and Boychuk right before the season started was HUGE.

I'm enjoying watching the Islanders ride this year and would NOT want to play them early in the playoffs.

Hope they keep it up. The core there deserves it.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:Isles still rolling. So much fun watching this team.
Halak, when really on, is out of this world. He's in that zone now. They just need to be careful with him, as other teams have learned. He's not a big physical specimen. He can't play 65-70 games and be effective deep into the playoffs. They need to give Johnson a start a week, and keep Halak well.

I never thought much of Garth Snow, but he's been doing the job long enough. He's kept his kids, and getting Leddy and Boychuk right before the season started was HUGE.

I'm enjoying watching the Islanders ride this year and would NOT want to play them early in the playoffs.

Hope they keep it up. The core there deserves it.
And it hopefully means Buffalo won't get a high draft pick from them!

HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Post by HeavyMetalZombie666 »

I doing 26-26-8 in fantasy Hockey.
grizzly31
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by grizzly31 »

I'm at 34-23-9
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

First Pat Quinn, soon Gordie Howe, but late last night one of the all time greats passed: Jean Beliveau

His name is on the Stanley Cup 17 times. 10 as a player, 7 as an executive. An incredible gentleman and statesman for the game.

RIP M. Beliveau

http://www.tsn.ca/canadiens-legend-beli ... 3-1.150356

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Pat Quinn played hockey all over the south. Memphis, Houston, Tulsa and Atlanta. Sad to see.

Will be a sad day when Gordie is gone. So many famous hockey people dying lately.