The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by Aerosmith87 »

Rough times here in NJ, even though watching them stifle the Penguins last night was pretty fun.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Aerosmith87 wrote:Rough times here in NJ, even though watching them stifle the Penguins last night was pretty fun.

Too bad Florida didn't.

Isles still with a share of the Glen Metropolit division lead.
Frett_Bored
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Frett_Bored »

Jackets finish December 10-1-1 to get to .500 - even with 4 or 5 top players still out.

Here's to another playoff run.
chungasrevenge
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by chungasrevenge »

Rask/Lucic for Hall/1st pick? If Edmonton can come up with the space for Rask. Hall/Krecji/Pastrnak would be the 1st of the future. That would give the Bruins two first round picks and two second rounders in a deep draft and 7 million in cap space on top of the 7 or so million that will be opening up next year. Not sure how Svedberg/Subban would fare in the nets, but tank mode is okay at this point. Their not getting out of the first round if they make the playoffs. Subban will make the jump next year and this would give him some NHL experience to build on.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

chungasrevenge wrote:Rask/Lucic for Hall/1st pick? If Edmonton can come up with the space for Rask. Hall/Krecji/Pastrnak would be the 1st of the future. That would give the Bruins two first round picks and two second rounders in a deep draft and 7 million in cap space on top of the 7 or so million that will be opening up next year. Not sure how Svedberg/Subban would fare in the nets, but tank mode is okay at this point. Their not getting out of the first round if they make the playoffs. Subban will make the jump next year and this would give him some NHL experience to build on.
I WOULD do that trade, but I think your biggest challenge is Chiarelli and Julien's rigidity and loyalty to the players who won them a cup. Chara is getting close to done, and they're devoting too many $ to middling players - Chris Kelly being a great example. I would have tried to move Chara and Seidenberg in the off season and built a young, diverse D corps to support Rask (who I still think is good, despite the Habs having his number). Hamilton, Boychuk, Krug, McQuaid, Miller, et al. Augment that with a couple of cheap veterans and you would have been OK. The Boychuk trade SUCKED on many levels.

Bruins can still go on a run and make the playoffs, and I would NOT want to face them, but Neely has to kick some butt IMO. Change or fail.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

WOLF wrote:
chungasrevenge wrote:Rask/Lucic for Hall/1st pick? If Edmonton can come up with the space for Rask. Hall/Krecji/Pastrnak would be the 1st of the future. That would give the Bruins two first round picks and two second rounders in a deep draft and 7 million in cap space on top of the 7 or so million that will be opening up next year. Not sure how Svedberg/Subban would fare in the nets, but tank mode is okay at this point. Their not getting out of the first round if they make the playoffs. Subban will make the jump next year and this would give him some NHL experience to build on.
I WOULD do that trade, but I think your biggest challenge is Chiarelli and Julien's rigidity and loyalty to the players who won them a cup. Chara is getting close to done, and they're devoting too many $ to middling players - Chris Kelly being a great example. I would have tried to move Chara and Seidenberg in the off season and built a young, diverse D corps to support Rask (who I still think is good, despite the Habs having his number). Hamilton, Boychuk, Krug, McQuaid, Miller, et al. Augment that with a couple of cheap veterans and you would have been OK. The Boychuk trade SUCKED on many levels.

Bruins can still go on a run and make the playoffs, and I would NOT want to face them, but Neely has to kick some butt IMO. Change or fail.
Absolutely. Good thing Chia just extended Claude for 3 years.

Chara looks more like Hal Gill these days and Seidenberg has been a shell all season. Johnny Boychuk should have been extended. He was also a big leader in the locker room. I think Morrow might be a full time contributor next year.

Paille and Campbell are off the books next year. Kelly has another year at $3 million. Unreal.

They would be lucky to win a game against Montreal in the playoffs. The Habs will skate circles around them and just collapse on the point shots and leave the B's in the dust on the transition.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

That is bad for the Oilers. Especially as that 1st is probably going to be McEichel.

edit. Unless you meant the first they just got from the Perron deal.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

pieceofme wrote:
That is bad for the Oilers. Especially as that 1st is probably going to be McEichel.

No, I meant the Oilers first. Maybe the Bruins could throw in the a second round pick. It seems fairly equal as #1 LW for #1LW and #1 pick for #1 goalie of the future who's coming off the Vezina. It will never happen, but the B's have to think big or continue with tank mode. Right now they have the #12 pick.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

chungasrevenge wrote:
pieceofme wrote:

No, I meant the Oilers first. Maybe the Bruins could throw in the a second round pick. It seems fairly equal as #1 LW for #1LW and #1 pick for #1 goalie of the future who's coming off the Vezina. It will never happen, but the B's have to think big or continue with tank mode. Right now they have the #12 pick.

As much as the Oilers NEED a #1 goalie, no way they give up Hall AND our first from this years draft which is most likely Eichel ( I don't think McDavid end up in Edm..) now, Hall + the first from Pittsburgh ( 25-30 ) is more accurate seeing as this is supposed to be a deep draft.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

chungasrevenge wrote:
pieceofme wrote:

No it isn't. :lol:

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

How about Rask for Hall straight up?

Jordan Eberle, Taylor Hall, Antoine Vermette, Keith Yandle, Chris Stewart and Oshie deals have all been inquired about by Chia. Vermette seems to be the closest to happening or was the rumor around the WJC. Maybe a package deal with Yandle. Hamilton is supposedly the starting point for the Oilers and a no go from the Bruins perspective.

Pastrnak has been recalled and will start first line duties this week.
Last edited by chungasrevenge on Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

Bye bye Randy! I think this was bound to happen sooner than later anyway..

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=747252
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Charlie Jacobs is named CEO as of yesterday and is ready to start cleaning house including Chia and Julien if things aren't turned around by STH renewals in a couple of weeks.

Bob McKenzie says Erikkson rumored to Vancouver for not enough in return to save Chia's job.
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

jizzyjizim wrote:Bye bye Randy! I think this was bound to happen sooner than later anyway..

This couldn't happen soon enough IMHO. I say they'going to ride out the season and make a run at Mike Babcock if he doesn't sign an extension with Detroit. He and Leaf GM Brendan Shanahan get along pretty well.

http://m.thn.com/blog/where-do-the-mapl ... or-beyond/
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Gibsonite wrote:
jizzyjizim wrote:Bye bye Randy! I think this was bound to happen sooner than later anyway..

This couldn't happen soon enough IMHO. I say they'going to ride out the season and make a run at Mike Babcock if he doesn't sign an extension with Detroit. He and Leaf GM Brendan Shanahan get along pretty well.

http://m.thn.com/blog/where-do-the-mapl ... or-beyond/
Great!

Then they just need a star goalie, 1st and 2nd line center, a couple more wingers, and a #1 and 2 D-man!

They're THIS close.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Pastrnak saves lives. This kid is a 100 pointer. My god.

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Rangers lose to the Islanders again as the Isles move into first. Expected a change over year for NYR but they're hanging around. It was nice sweep of the Ducks, Kings and Sharks before choking on the Isles. Up next the Bruins....

I'm hope the Hab's catch and beat down the Lightning. In fact I hope anyone beats the Lightning.

Sad to see the Flyers half way down the list....Not really.

Come on Flames, they had a run but still in the thick, would love to see them make the playoffs.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

I might just need to trek south to see this:

From TSN -

The Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens appear set to take it outside in the 2016 Winter Classic.

According to multiple reports, the rivals will face off in the NHL's annual showcase at Gillette Stadium on Jan. 1. A visit to the home of the New England Patriots marks just the third time the Winter Classic will be staged in an NFL stadium, having previously been held at Buffalo's Ralph Wilson Stadium (2008) and Pittsburgh's Heinz Field (2011). The NHL is expected to make a formal announcement during the All-Star break this coming weekend in Columbus.

Both franchises have experience in outdoor games, with the Bruins hosting the 2011 Winter Classic at Fenway Park. The Canadiens, meanwhile, have played the visitors at two Heritage Classic games including 2003 in Edmonton and 2011 at Calgary's McMahon Stadium. The 2003 Heritage Classic between the Canadiens and Edmonton Oilers at Commonwealth Stadium was the first ever regular season NHL outdoor game.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Assisting on Kane career goal number 1, 100 & 200...Patrick Sharpe
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
patrick73
Picking a Band Name

Post by patrick73 »

Martian brodeur retired. 22 years with same team. Never see that again in professional sports.
6 games with blues will be a footnote. One of the best and it will barely make the news on ESPN.
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

patrick73 wrote:Martian brodeur retired. 22 years with same team. Never see that again in professional sports.
6 games with blues will be a footnote. One of the best and it will barely make the news on ESPN.
Yeah, there goes my childhood. He's done so much for the Devils. Proud to have been around the entire time and I'll never get rid of the #30 jersey I have.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

patrick73 wrote:Martian brodeur retired. 22 years with same team. Never see that again in professional sports.
it wouldn't make a blip because of the way he retired. that's here in canada too. maybe in montreal they made a bigger deal but had he did the press conference thing at the start of the season with the devils i think it would be a lot bigger of a deal. first ballot hall of famer, jersey retired and anything else he wants. he's the last of the hybrid goalies and one of the top 3 keepers of our generation.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

GREAT SAVE BURNI....er....um.....SCORES! SHORTHANDED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfC0V0-R-nI
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

The Oilers win. Again.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

ShearMagic wrote:The Oilers win. Again.
Good. I really don't want them getting McDavid.

jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

pieceofme wrote:

they won't, you have nothing to worry about..Arizona/Buffalo gets him..there is ZERO chance the league allows the Oilers to draft another #1 again.. now...they have a better chance at getting Eichel at #2...but I don't see them drafting even at #2...my guess is they'll be top 5...but closer to 4/5 spot..they've been playing better under Nelson..they are only 20 points out of a playoff spot now :lol:
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

jizzyjizim wrote:
pieceofme wrote:

they won't, you have nothing to worry about..Arizona/Buffalo gets him..there is ZERO chance the league allows the Oilers to draft another #1 again.. now...they have a better chance at getting Eichel at #2...but I don't see them drafting even at #2...my guess is they'll be top 5...but closer to 4/5 spot..they've been playing better under Nelson..they are only 20 points out of a playoff spot now :lol:
I think I already said it in this thread, but Hanifin would be a great pick for you guys. And he is projected to go number 3. I'll laugh if you draft Marner. Although kind of be jealous because he is a small skillful winger that can put the puck in the back of the net, which is exactly what the Panthers need!

jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

if we don't end up with either the #1 or #2 pick, I say trade it.. Hanifan may turn out to be a stud at the #3 pick but he could also turn out to be a former #3 pick in Cam Barker...regardless..Hanifan is 2-3 years away from playing in the NHL...we need help NOW...I'm sure we could land a gem by dealing that pick away..
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Do the Habs slip "roofies" into the Bruins' water bottles before every game? It's like they go to sleep every time they face us (the Habs).

Total ownage. It's like Groundhog Day.

I'm shocked.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

No shit. Was hoping to see a Subban on Subban match but oh well.
Last years playoffs seemed like the Bruins were built to beat everyone but the C's and the C's were built to beat the B's and not much else.
This year the C's got better and the B's stayed stagnant or declined.
A playoff meeting doesn't look like much competition at this point.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.