The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

johnk5150 wrote:Dear Tampa,

You can try to keep Blackhawks fans out of your building by limiting ticket sales to Florida zip codes only. Know this. We travel well. Don't live on limited incomes like a lot of your states retired residents. We will be there in droves. You are not ready for what is about to happen to your city.
It's Tampa. They're used to it.

That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

johnk5150 wrote:Dear Tampa,

You can try to keep Blackhawks fans out of your building by limiting ticket sales to Florida zip codes only. Know this. We travel well. Don't live on limited incomes like a lot of your states retired residents. We will be there in droves. You are not ready for what is about to happen to your city.
I love Rahm Emmanuel's response to this. He basically said that he welcomes Tampa fans and hopes they'll spend their money here on hotels and restaurants. :lol:
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

Hahahah fuck Tampa
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Anne_Thrax wrote:Hahahah fuck Tampa

I wouldn't say fuck Tampa. They controlled the puck 90% of the game. We got lucky.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Anne_Thrax

Post by Anne_Thrax »

I hope the people in Tampa like the song Chelsea Daggar because they are going to be hearing it a lot this week
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Tampa 2
Cm Punk 1

Nhl is the best when a beach town like Tampa wins the cup, that makes Canada so mad
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

LAglamrocker wrote:Tampa 2
Cm Punk 1

Nhl is the best when a beach town like Tampa wins the cup, that makes Canada so mad
:lol:

I agree.

Go sunbelt teams!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

They should just move the team to Jacksonville Florida.

Coyotes Issue Statement Regarding City of Glendale Meeting.....

GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- In response to the posting issued this evening by the City of Glendale of a special meeting of council tomorrow to explore the possibility of canceling the professional management services and arena lease agreement between the City of Glendale and IceArizona, Nick Wood, of the Law Firm Snell & Wilmer, outside counsel for the Arizona Coyotes issued the following statement:

“This is a blatant attempt to renege on a valid contract that was negotiated fairly and in good faith and in compliance with all laws and procedures. In the event the City Council initiates any action to revoke, repeal or otherwise rescind the agreement, the Coyotes will immediately take all actions available to them under the law against the City of Glendale.”

Coyotes Co-owner, President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc added, “This action by the City of Glendale is completely ludicrous, especially in light of the fact that myself and Andrew Barroway visited with the City yesterday and the particulars of this were never raised. In fact, we to this moment have not been advised of this other than the notification on the City website. The City of Glendale is displaying a complete lack of good faith, business acumen or an understanding of a business partnership. We want to reassure our great fans that the Arizona Coyotes are committed to Glendale and playing at Gila River Arena.”
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

UtahRatt wrote:They should just move the team to Quebec City.

Coyotes Issue Statement Regarding City of Glendale Meeting.....

GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- In response to the posting issued this evening by the City of Glendale of a special meeting of council tomorrow to explore the possibility of canceling the professional management services and arena lease agreement between the City of Glendale and IceArizona, Nick Wood, of the Law Firm Snell & Wilmer, outside counsel for the Arizona Coyotes issued the following statement:

“This is a blatant attempt to renege on a valid contract that was negotiated fairly and in good faith and in compliance with all laws and procedures. In the event the City Council initiates any action to revoke, repeal or otherwise rescind the agreement, the Coyotes will immediately take all actions available to them under the law against the City of Glendale.”

Coyotes Co-owner, President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc added, “This action by the City of Glendale is completely ludicrous, especially in light of the fact that myself and Andrew Barroway visited with the City yesterday and the particulars of this were never raised. In fact, we to this moment have not been advised of this other than the notification on the City website. The City of Glendale is displaying a complete lack of good faith, business acumen or an understanding of a business partnership. We want to reassure our great fans that the Arizona Coyotes are committed to Glendale and playing at Gila River Arena.”

fixed
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Cm Punk is happy tonight, but he will never headline a Wrestlemania. The Cup is staying in a beach town again, let's go Tampa!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

I think Chicago wins the whole thing on Monday. Unfortunately. I generally don't mind Chicago but the amount of love Toews gets is getting ridiculous now. If he wins the Conn Smythe and Keith doesn't, it will be a farce.

Fuck Toews and his stupid 'intangibles'.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

pieceofme wrote:I think Chicago wins the whole thing on Monday. Unfortunately. I generally don't mind Chicago but the amount of love Toews gets is getting ridiculous now. If he wins the Conn Smythe and Keith doesn't, it will be a farce.

I'm totally impartial and think Toews is the best (read: most complete) player on the planet. Nobody else can combine leadership qualities and defence, with a scoring touch, like him.

If I'm playing a game, with a million dollar prize, he's the first guy I'm drafting to build my team around.

Having said that, Keith should win the Conn Smythe. That D corps has been essentially running with 4 guys since the 2nd round. He's playing monstrous minutes at a high level.
LouDoo
Platinum Artist

Post by LouDoo »

The Blackhawks are filling the gap for Chicago sports fans. I had been living off the Bulls' championships until the Blackhawks started winning.

I will probably literally die from excitement when the Cubs win, and to be truthful I could die happy.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:The sounds of that album gives me the brutal shits.
ImageImage
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

LouDoo wrote:The Blackhawks are filling the gap for Chicago sports fans. I had been living off the Bulls' championships until the Blackhawks started winning.

I will probably literally die from excitement when the Cubs win, and to be truthful I could die happy.
You'll be the oldest man alive if you wait on the Cubs...
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

When's the next parade?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Anne_Thrax

Post by Anne_Thrax »

johnk5150 wrote:When's the next parade?
I don't understand why they can't get the Fratellis to play the parade. That band hasn't been busy since 1998.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Friday.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Cm Punk 1

no it doesn't.

when tampa won the leading scorer was canadian.
so was the conn smythe winner.
we're happy when canadians do well.
like this years conn smythe winner.
and their leading scorer.
congrats to the blahcocks.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
Cm Punk 1

no it doesn't.

when tampa won the leading scorer was canadian.
so was the conn smythe winner.
we're happy when canadians do well.
like this years conn smythe winner.
and their leading scorer.
congrats to the blahcocks.

And other countries bash us for our Patriotism. I didn't hear one word of joy when A Different Kind of Truth went Gold in Canada.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Great Chicago won...ya. WTG Tampa Bay Rangers.

NY Rangers, one period away from facing then beating the hawks. 8)
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

That-guy wrote:
Friday.
Sorry, I got some bad information. It's actually Thursday. Friday would have made too much sense. :lol:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

That-guy wrote:
That-guy wrote:
Friday.
Sorry, I got some bad information. It's actually Thursday. Friday would have made too much sense. :lol:

I hope it rains buckets of puck size drops. A puck sized hailstorm would be awesome.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:
pieceofme wrote:I think Chicago wins the whole thing on Monday. Unfortunately. I generally don't mind Chicago but the amount of love Toews gets is getting ridiculous now. If he wins the Conn Smythe and Keith doesn't, it will be a farce.

I'm totally impartial and think Toews is the best (read: most complete) player on the planet. Nobody else can combine leadership qualities and defence, with a scoring touch, like him.

If I'm playing a game, with a million dollar prize, he's the first guy I'm drafting to build my team around.

Having said that, Keith should win the Conn Smythe. That D corps has been essentially running with 4 guys since the 2nd round. He's playing monstrous minutes at a high level.
At his new caphit! Crikey. He is getting so overrated it isn't even funny anymore.

Combine leadership qualities. How exactly do you measure that.

That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

UtahRatt wrote:
I hope it rains buckets of puck size drops. A puck sized hailstorm would be awesome.
It's going to rain. No idea how much though.
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Tickets for the rally at Soldier Field are free and will be available on Ticketmaster at noon today. I'd be shocked if I'm able to get them. I'm sure Ticketmaster is going to be flooded with every scalper in Chicago trying to make a quick buck off of free tickets.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

Korean newspaper has the Chicago Bears as the Stanley Cup champs!!

Way to Go Bears!!
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

jizzyjizim wrote:Korean newspaper has the Chicago Bears as the Stanley Cup champs!!

Way to Go Bears!!
This is the closest the Bears have come to actually winning a championship in years. :lol:
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

That-guy wrote:Tickets for the rally at Soldier Field are free and will be available on Ticketmaster at noon today. I'd be shocked if I'm able to get them. I'm sure Ticketmaster is going to be flooded with every scalper in Chicago trying to make a quick buck off of free tickets.
...aaaaand tickets are gone. :x
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

was the parade really delayed because of lightning?

sweet sweet irony
That-guy
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by That-guy »

Kid-Wicked wrote:was the parade really delayed because of lightning?

sweet sweet irony
I don't think there was any lighting, just rain.