The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by pieceofme »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:31 pm the longer the series goes the more it favors tampa.
this series should live and die on goaltending.
tampa in 7.
makar gets the conn smythe
if not him then stamkos
Kucherov will be the favourite for the Smythe if Tampa wins.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

UtahRatt wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:25 am NYR couldn't win a face off or put much on net but coming back vs the Pens and Canes surpassed my expectations. The Conference Finals was more than I imagined...Up 2-0 made me think NYR actually had a chance before the 3rd period Falcon Punches. For a young team they bogged down late in every game, the last three was sloppy....Really game three from the 3rd on was unwatchable.

Then again I didn't think either could beat Colorado, I'll take the Avs over a 3 peat.
Same. Sick of Tampa. Come on Avs!

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

pieceofme wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:17 am
Kid-Wicked wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:31 pm the longer the series goes the more it favors tampa.
this series should live and die on goaltending.
tampa in 7.
makar gets the conn smythe
if not him then stamkos
Kucherov will be the favourite for the Smythe if Tampa wins.
yeah, he's leading the team in scoring. love what he brings.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

pieceofme wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:20 am
UtahRatt wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:25 am NYR couldn't win a face off or put much on net but coming back vs the Pens and Canes surpassed my expectations. The Conference Finals was more than I imagined...Up 2-0 made me think NYR actually had a chance before the 3rd period Falcon Punches. For a young team they bogged down late in every game, the last three was sloppy....Really game three from the 3rd on was unwatchable.

Then again I didn't think either could beat Colorado, I'll take the Avs over a 3 peat.
Same. Sick of Tampa. Come on Avs!
Well, you both just got your wish. Avs take the Cup in six. Colorado's defense showed up tonight.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

Out of the three players who last year were on the losing Canadiens team Colorado whose most wisely when they took Artturi Lehkonen. He scored important goals and the Cup clinching goal to boot. Corey Perry thought that after losing to Tampa two years in a row would be avoided by signing with the Bolts. Well, he was close enough like in the previous years. And the third player was another Finn, Jesperi Kotkaniemi who didn't help too much of Hurricanes offence this season but probably will in the future or if he doesn't then he will be a multi million dollar bust for the Canes and all because of wanting to stick it to the Canadiens for trying to sway Aho from their ranks with a substancial offer sheet the Canes matched.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

"Like I said, I’ve always wanted to play relatively a little bit closer… I grew up here. Not in Columbus, but on the east coast, and it’s somewhere I always wanted to play. I was in Calgary for 8-12 years there, from when I got drafted to when I started playing, and I always kind of dreamed about playing a tad closer to home. it didn’t matter where i was signing. our decision was it was best for us not to go back to Calgary, and then we decided to figure out what was the best option for us."

how close to the east coast is ohio? how far is it from new jersey?
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:09 pm "Like I said, I’ve always wanted to play relatively a little bit closer… I grew up here. Not in Columbus, but on the east coast, and it’s somewhere I always wanted to play. I was in Calgary for 8-12 years there, from when I got drafted to when I started playing, and I always kind of dreamed about playing a tad closer to home. it didn’t matter where i was signing. our decision was it was best for us not to go back to Calgary, and then we decided to figure out what was the best option for us."

how close to the east coast is ohio? how far is it from new jersey?
Quick plane ride, but a far car ride. I was hoping he'd come to Jersey. He'd fit right in with the other highly skilled tiny guys :lol:
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

The Golden Jet has left the building. R.I.P. Bobby Hull at 84:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/ho ... r-AA16UczY
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

might be the craziest first round of all time.
toronto wins
boston out
colorado out by seattle
rangers out.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Panthers vs. whoever wins this dang Vegas/Dallas series. Stars just avoided the sweep with that overtime win!
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Lets go Panthers! Can't believe the team I support is in the Stanley Cup final after such a shit regular season. And they scraped in at the last minute.

Tkachuk is so good! We should send more assets to Calgary :lol: :lol:

dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Vegas vs. Panthers in the final. Dallas got absolutely destroyed tonight.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

this looks to be a pretty solid final. neither team has won a cup, both in their second kick at the can and both look like they're on a mission.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Vegas just looks a lot better overall. :cry:

Panthers need to win the next game.