Brett Favre and the Interception Myth

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

Brett Favre and the Interception Myth

Post by Monsters_of_Rock »

Wow, an article about Favre that actually contains research and...(gasps) real journalism! :o

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009 ... tion-myth/

Now this is the part where the haters come out of the woodwork and go on spin cycle. :lol:
"We're gonna score 17? OK!!! What is Plaxico playing defense now?"
--Tom Brady
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Brett Favre and the Interception Myth

Post by UtahRatt »

Wow MOR posting yet another thread about his man love Favre. :lol:
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Bert has thrown a ton of ints in the playoffs this decade. That is not a myth. He's a great regular season qb. Lets see what he does in the playoffs. Of course I'm cheering for him this time.

P.S.

You're still an assdart.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

stupid fucking article more than likley wrtitten by a favre nutswinger, dude has played the majority of his career during the time when the league treats qb's like little girls. Manning throws alot of passes in this era too and dosent come close to as many int's as favre, and barring a major injury he'll blow right past his records to, i got a feeling that's the only reeason old gray beard is still lacing them up, paddin' those stats. alot of his picks have come because he's flat out retarded chucking the ball over his shoulder without looking. what a dumbfuck.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

dtmfs wrote:stupid fucking article more than likley wrtitten by a favre nutswinger, dude has played the majority of his career during the time when the league treats qb's like little girls. Manning throws alot of passes in this era too and dosent come close to as many int's as favre, and barring a major injury he'll blow right past his records to, i got a feeling that's the only reeason old gray beard is still lacing them up, paddin' those stats. alot of his picks have come because he's flat out retarded chucking the ball over his shoulder without looking. what a dumbfuck.
Like I said...

"Now this is the part where the haters come out of the woodwork and go on spin cycle."

That was way too predictable!!! LOL :lol:
--Tom Brady
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

If you was 12 years old some might even say your man love for a QB is cute but with you being an adult it's pathetic and fucking funny at the same time. Fuckinfunetic.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

UtahRatt wrote:If you was 12 years old some might even say your man love for a QB is cute but with you being an adult it's pathetic and fucking funny at the same time. Fuckinfunetic.
Good god man, it's called being a fan. Get the fuck over it already and stop being such a whiny little bitch.
--Tom Brady
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Never confuse pointing and laughing with whining. A whiny bitch is a fanboy who defends is man-love by spamming the boards for years on end and never shuts the fuck up.

We get it. You're in love with Bret. You're an adult with a 12 year old boyish crush on a man, it's fucking funny and pathetic.....Fuckinfunetic.

This is me ------> :lol:

This is you -----> :cry: BRET'S THE BEST! LEAVE BRET ALONE!

Stop acting like a little bitch in love and people will stop treating you like one.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote: "Now this is the part where the haters come out of the woodwork and go on spin cycle."

I admit i hate the cocksucker, he's an attention seeking drama queen WTF is there to like? dosent change the fact that the article's a poor excuse for his insane amount of int's. Do youu think when manning breaks all his records he'll have thrown more int's? I don't fucking think so. i suppose all you nutswingers cheer when he tries to underarm the ball 50 yards looking the other way for yet another int.
KillDevilHill
Headlining Clubs

Post by KillDevilHill »

Hes a HOFer, but come on saying Favra's rep for slanging needless INTs is a myth, is like saying Hitler hating the jews is a myth
Mr Yellow Discipline wrote:Somebody please post more videos of girls getting set on fire.
JRA wrote: I did like how they took the piss out of readers. Fuck books and fuck them.
Goddamn Electric
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Goddamn Electric »

KillDevilHill wrote:Hes a HOFer, but come on saying Favra's rep for slanging needless INTs is a myth, is like saying Hitler hating the jews is a myth
Only if you are Royal Doucheness.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

dtmfs wrote:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote: "Now this is the part where the haters come out of the woodwork and go on spin cycle."

I admit i hate the cocksucker, he's an attention seeking drama queen WTF is there to like? dosent change the fact that the article's a poor excuse for his insane amount of int's. Do youu think when manning breaks all his records he'll have thrown more int's? I don't fucking think so. i suppose all you nutswingers cheer when he tries to underarm the ball 50 yards looking the other way for yet another int.
"All you nutswingers"? I think there's just one Favre nutswinger here, but he swings hard enough to account for about 20.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Favre is the best. Whether you like him or not, you have to admit he is fun to watch.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Make that two.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

bane wrote:
dtmfs wrote:
"All you nutswingers"? I think there's just one Favre nutswinger here, but he swings hard enough to account for about 20.
I meant favre nutswingers everywhere, though you do have a point with that last statement. :D
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

bigbuttskinner wrote:Favre is the best. Whether you like him or not, you have to admit he is fun to watch.
he's a great QB, all time top 10, but the best? no, IMO, his stats are inflated due to the rule changes in his era, and the fact that he's never missed a start(alot of times to the detriment of his team). add that to the fact that he's the INT king and it knocks him down a few pegs.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

UtahRatt wrote:Never confuse pointing and laughing with whining. A whiny bitch is a fanboy who defends is man-love by spamming the boards for years on end and never shuts the fuck up.

We get it. You're in love with Bret. You're an adult with a 12 year old boyish crush on a man, it's fucking funny and pathetic.....Fuckinfunetic.

Stop acting like a little bitch in love and people will stop treating you like one.
A whiny bitch is one who goes to great lengths to downplay the legacy of a future HOFer, magnifying the few chinks in the armour while glossing over all of the traits that make a great player.

A whiny bitch is one who bitches and moans when somebody else goes against the grain and does not follow suit with the hater mentality.

My stance has nothing to do with 12 year old crushes, it's more about calling somebody out for being so ignorant. I'm a fan of Brett Favre and will set people straight when they make ridiculous statements about him. I'm not saying "leave him alone", I'm just saying "you're making a fool out of yourself by saying what you say".
--Tom Brady
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

dtmfs wrote:

The article did not state anything that is factually incorrect. Spin away, hater. :lol:
--Tom Brady
noam_bombsky
Forming a Band

Post by noam_bombsky »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Never confuse pointing and laughing with whining. A whiny bitch is a fanboy who defends is man-love by spamming the boards for years on end and never shuts the fuck up.

A whiny bitch is one who goes to great lengths to downplay the legacy of a future HOFer, magnifying the few chinks in the armour while glossing over all of the traits that make a great player.

A whiny bitch is one who bitches and moans when somebody else goes against the grain and does not follow suit with the hater mentality.

My stance has nothing to do with 12 year old crushes, it's more about calling somebody out for being so ignorant. I'm a fan of Brett Favre and will set people straight when they make ridiculous statements about him. I'm not saying "leave him alone", I'm just saying "you're making a fool out of yourself by saying what you say".
I think it's just as foolish to blindly toot Favre's horn and ignore his faults. So when somebody points out (correctly) that Favre has thrown more INT's than any other QB ever, you wig out and say that they are just a hater.
It's like granny always said: "Some turds float to the top; some turds sink to the bottom. In the end, they all get flushed."
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

noam_bombsky wrote:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:

I think it's just as foolish to blindly toot Favre's horn and ignore his faults. So when somebody points out (correctly) that Favre has thrown more INT's than any other QB ever, you wig out and say that they are just a hater.
I agree that it would be foolish to ignore his faults. With Favre as well as with any other QB, I take all of the good as well as all of the bad. After evaluating all of the good and bad I come to the conclusion that he is arguably the best of all-time. I think that he's one of five guys that a strong case can be made for (the other four being Marino, Elway, Young, and Manning). Based on nothing more than personal preference, I choose him as my #1 out of those five. But I wouldn't argue against any of the other four. They're all so close that there really is no wrong answer. I would like to add that I believe Manning will set himself apart from the pack by the time he finishes his career. Right now I lump him into that top five group, but if he continues to compile numbers for another 6 to 8 years he will be to QBs what Jerry Rice is to WRs. As for Favre having thrown more INTs than any other QB in NFL history, yes that is factually correct. If you research the topic more in depth (as the writer did in the article that I linked) you begin to understand that throwing the most INTs in league history is not really as bad as it sounds on the surface.
--Tom Brady
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

That's the best part, I actually like Favre! MOR is an adult with a boy crush on another man. I bet MOR still wears pajamas with the feet in them.

Embarrassing.
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:A whiny bitch is one who goes to great lengths to downplay the legacy of a future HOFer, magnifying the few chinks in the armour while glossing over all of the traits that make a great player.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

STOP DOWN PLAYING BRET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yer such a pussy.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:I agree that it would be foolish to ignore his faults. With Favre as well as with any other QB, I take all of the good as well as all of the bad. After evaluating all of the good and bad I come to the conclusion that he is arguably the best of all-time. I think that he's one of five guys that a strong case can be made for (the other four being Marino, Elway, Young, and Manning). Based on nothing more than personal preference, I choose him as my #1 out of those five. But I wouldn't argue against any of the other four. They're all so close that there really is no wrong answer. I would like to add that I believe Manning will set himself apart from the pack by the time he finishes his career. Right now I lump him into that top five group, but if he continues to compile numbers for another 6 to 8 years he will be to QBs what Jerry Rice is to WRs. As for Favre having thrown more INTs than any other QB in NFL history, yes that is factually correct. If you research the topic more in depth (as the writer did in the article that I linked) you begin to understand that throwing the most INTs in league history is not really as bad as it sounds on the surface.
sorry favre does not belong with those guys, and where the fuck is joe montana?? knock off about 100 int's off his resume and i'd pt him in the top 5, but he's cost his team alot of games with boneheaded wanna be the big hero bullshit, and that includes playing hurt to keep his streak alive, favre better than johnny unitas and joe montana both of whom you omitted from your top 5?? please, and I hated montana as much as favre but come the fuck on! i'd also add brady to list of all time qb's better than favre.
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

I'm not sure why you guys continue to argue with this idiot...it's obvious that, despite numerous NFL experts that say you should rate QBs based on winning first and stats secondarily, he insists on doing the opposite. Look at his list...Favre and Marino have 1 Super Bowl between them, but they're the greatest statistical QBs in history, thus the reason they're on his list.

What MOR fails to realize is that just like the dumbass article above, the reverse could also be true, which would automatically discount his yardage and TD numbers. Anything can be spun.

Any dipshit that doesn't have Joe Montana in his top 5 really has no clue about football.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

dtmfs wrote:
Monsters_of_Rock wrote:I agree that it would be foolish to ignore his faults. With Favre as well as with any other QB, I take all of the good as well as all of the bad. After evaluating all of the good and bad I come to the conclusion that he is arguably the best of all-time. I think that he's one of five guys that a strong case can be made for (the other four being Marino, Elway, Young, and Manning). Based on nothing more than personal preference, I choose him as my #1 out of those five. But I wouldn't argue against any of the other four. They're all so close that there really is no wrong answer. I would like to add that I believe Manning will set himself apart from the pack by the time he finishes his career. Right now I lump him into that top five group, but if he continues to compile numbers for another 6 to 8 years he will be to QBs what Jerry Rice is to WRs. As for Favre having thrown more INTs than any other QB in NFL history, yes that is factually correct. If you research the topic more in depth (as the writer did in the article that I linked) you begin to understand that throwing the most INTs in league history is not really as bad as it sounds on the surface.
sorry favre does not belong with those guys, and where the fuck is joe montana?? knock off about 100 int's off his resume and i'd pt him in the top 5, but he's cost his team alot of games with boneheaded wanna be the big hero bullshit, and that includes playing hurt to keep his streak alive, favre better than johnny unitas and joe montana both of whom you omitted from your top 5?? please, and I hated montana as much as favre but come the fuck on! i'd also add brady to list of all time qb's better than favre.
Where the fuck is Joe Montana? On the list of QBs who played for the greatest teams, not on the list of greatest QBs. Unfortunately, there is a very common misconception that the QBs who play for the greatest teams are in fact the greatest QBs, which is a bunch of bullshit to put it mildly. I judge QBs based on how good they are as individuals, not based on how good their team is.
--Tom Brady
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

Punk wrote:I'm not sure why you guys continue to argue with this idiot...it's obvious that, despite numerous NFL experts that say you should rate QBs based on winning first and stats secondarily, he insists on doing the opposite. Look at his list...Favre and Marino have 1 Super Bowl between them, but they're the greatest statistical QBs in history, thus the reason they're on his list.

What MOR fails to realize is that just like the dumbass article above, the reverse could also be true, which would automatically discount his yardage and TD numbers. Anything can be spun.

Any dipshit that doesn't have Joe Montana in his top 5 really has no clue about football.
Exactamundo!!! The greatest statistical QBs are in fact the best QBs. The QBs who win the most championships are the QBs who played for the best teams. QBs don't win championships, teams do.

Hypothetical scenario... put Marino in San Francisco and Montana in Miami. Marino would still have better stats than Montana, San Francisco would still have won all those Super Bowls, and Miami would still not have won any since the days of Larry Csonka.

Another hypothetical scenario... put Terry Bradshaw in New Orleans and Archie Manning in Pittsburgh. The Saints still have a losing record every year in the 70's and the Steelers still win all those Super Bowls.

People who rate QBs based on how good their team is are fucking idiots. Any dipshit that doesn't have BRETT FAVRE in his top 5 really has no clue about football. End of rant.
--Tom Brady
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

Nope, the greatest statistical QBs are simply the ones that threw the most. Look at Favre's passer rating...average. He's got tons of TDs and yards because A) his team passed all the time, and B) he's been around forever. How many important games can you remember Joe Montana throwing away?

I challenge you to find an NFL expert that would rank Favre ahead of Montana. Seriously.
Monsters_of_Rock
Recording Your Demo

Punk wrote:Nope, the greatest statistical QBs are simply the ones that threw the most. Look at Favre's passer rating...average. He's got tons of TDs and yards because A) his team passed all the time, and B) he's been around forever. How many important games can you remember Joe Montana throwing away?

I challenge you to find an NFL expert that would rank Favre ahead of Montana. Seriously.
I guess you don't consider John Madden to be an NFL expert. :roll:
--Tom Brady
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:Hypothetical scenario... put Marino in San Francisco and Montana in Miami. Marino would still have better stats than Montana, San Francisco would still have won all those Super Bowls, and Miami would still not have won any since the days of Larry Csonka.
You neverr know, two completley different QB's in 2 different systems, Sure i think marino wins championships on those niner teams, don't know if he wins 4 though. Marino was the better pure passer, montana was the better field general. Montana wanted to win, marino openly admitted that'd he'd throw it every down if it was up to him, that's the big difference between the two, and i'm a dolphin fan, Marino was a great leader but not in montanas league, he became too much of a primadonna after his record breaking 84' season and all the chicks were going nuts about him, dude was like a rock star, montana just went about his business and smoked marino in the super bowl. the guy is definitley a top 5 QB. he also took the chiefs to the conference championship way past his prime so he wasent just a good QB on a great team, he was a difference maker.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote: I guess you don't consider John Madden to be an NFL expert. :roll:
Maddens a tool, he left dan marino off the all madden team in 1984, that was the year marino threw for 5,084 yards and 48 TD's leading his team to the super bowl. the all madden team was announced before the dolphins lost too. he put fucking ken o'brien on the team instead, now that's some expertise, the all madden team sans the league MVP, pure genius.
Last edited by dtmfs on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

Monsters_of_Rock wrote:
Punk wrote:Nope, the greatest statistical QBs are simply the ones that threw the most. Look at Favre's passer rating...average. He's got tons of TDs and yards because A) his team passed all the time, and B) he's been around forever. How many important games can you remember Joe Montana throwing away?

I guess you don't consider John Madden to be an NFL expert. :roll:
You are now officially stupid as fuck:

Interviewer: Q: Where does Favre fit in the conversation of the all-time great quarterbacks?
Madden: A: That’s always a tough one. There were different times, different eras. It would be Top 10. It’s hard to say one guy is the top quarterback. I always put Joe Montana there.

Please shut the fuck up about shit you know nothing about.